00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

femivore just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Android App

145,174 Views | 96 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-07-04 19:49:53

At 6/26/21 10:02 PM, GraywulfDaDolf wrote:
At 6/26/21 09:09 PM, AnAutisticHegehog wrote:
At 6/17/21 03:14 AM, GraywulfDaDolf wrote:
At 6/16/21 11:22 AM, AnAutisticHegehog wrote:
At 4/5/18 10:24 PM, djnet wrote:
At 4/3/18 12:37 PM, Aprime wrote: Yep, 100% free. You want new users.

Also, can I be a beta tester
This is from 2009 my dudes...the project fell through due to the lack of flash support on OG android devices
What about Ruffle? That might work on Android, maybe even IOS
I mean, Rust runs on C++, and that could work cross-platform (seeing how Mozilla Gecko has native support, so Firefox natively runs it, as well as Chrome.) Apple, on the other hand, would probably have a couple of years until they adopt it for Safari (I think, they might've added it to Safari 14 already.)
Holy smokes, does this mean that Newgrounds Mobile is possible?
I’m pretty sure NG mobile might be possible, but only for Droid, due to Apple having a strict “No pronz” policy. (I mean, we could just restrict it to E thru T rated stuff, but that would get a lot of backlash.)

Anywhooz, it’s coming to be a possibility though. I for one would love to see an NG Mobile app, but I’d get an opinion from everyone here beforehand.

I would love a Newgrounds for Android! It's the one thing missing in my collection of apps

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-07-05 11:37:51

At 4/6/18 12:27 PM, Aprime wrote:

This is from 2009 my dudes...the project fell through due to the lack of flash support on OG android devices
You've had nearly 10 years to build it, I demand that it works and works well with Flash games without lag!

Bruh, be chill or you might scare them into not making the app!

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-07-05 11:54:52

At 3/22/20 09:07 PM, Zombeaver wrote: Bring this back from the dead. I think it would attract new users. If not as a gaming app, perhaps as an animation platform? God knows YouTube isn't too friendly in that department

This man be spittin' facts

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-07-05 11:58:21

At 8/2/20 09:10 PM, willie2go590 wrote: Agreed go for it. If it most be purchased for a small fee fine understandable. But this is a developing idea lets not forget yes you maybe able to watch videos with ease but developing the codex to make the games compatible. Then we can talk about edited button format.
Awesome cant wait

We could add keyboard support for the app and gamepad support for the app and the website

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-08-05 17:39:44

Download link pls

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2021-12-26 20:57:46

At 7/5/21 11:58 AM, AnAutisticHegehog wrote:
At 8/2/20 09:10 PM, willie2go590 wrote: Agreed go for it. If it most be purchased for a small fee fine understandable. But this is a developing idea lets not forget yes you maybe able to watch videos with ease but developing the codex to make the games compatible. Then we can talk about edited button format.
Awesome cant wait
We could add keyboard support for the app and gamepad support for the app and the website

(I did not know that the site already had gamepad support. *facepalm*)

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-01-03 12:39:05 (edited 2022-01-03 12:43:06)

At 12/23/09 04:49 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 12/23/09 04:35 PM, djnet wrote: well there will also be a BBS part of the app for BBS Streams and what not
The question is: Does anyone care about NG enough to have a NG app? This forum is pretty dead most of the time and general isn't worth even looking at. So you have a lot of questions to ask before even spending the time developing the app. Sure it'd be good practice but maybe you should make something more practical and useful?

I find that question to be a very stupid phrase: 'do people care enough about a website to have an app for it?'

I care a lot for NG, because it's a fantastic WEBSITE. Part of what makes it so great, why I care so much about it, is that you don't need to download anything, and you don't need to have any account registered to step in and enjoy what the SITE has to offer.

And I can say from experience, replacing a website with an app does NOT improve the experience for end-users who ACTUALLY CARE. Most obvious example: The youtube app: it strips a shitton of features and options, no sharing embedded videos, some versions of the app don't even allow commenting, and it gives way for adds to take the entirety of your screen when you're not even playing your video in full-screen.

Basically, it's good for people who DON'T CARE in the slightest, to just let people consume their media, and not bother their brittle minds with any 'complicated' options or interactions.

Now with that sort-of internetboomer rant out of the way, still mad-respect if you can devellop a well-functioning NG app like that on your own. But I'd be reluctant to use it, because I like how the internet has been with websites, and the options and freedom it leaves for the users. With apps on the other hand, it can convenietly simplify the user-experience for a lot of people, but at the cost of a lot of functionality dissappearing for the users who know what they're doing.

And in the bigger picture of the internet of things, I think apps are a gradual step towards turning the users into dumber and therefore more easily exploited consumers, wich I don't want to turn into.

Aaaaaaaand EDIT: oh shit, I didn't stop to look at the dates..... Did not realise I was ranting on a thread made way back in 2009..... My bad folks..... My bad.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-01-16 16:47:42

Jan.16, 2022 Chicago

This will for ever be my favorite website ever since 2004 when i was about 12yr old. Am about 27 now. Idgaf what anyone thinks and am kinda salty that app wasn't made but tbh its for the best I think since there's alot of 18+ things. Society has gone down the drain since the good old days 😪 but am glad the website is still thriving ♡

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-01-22 12:01:45

At 12/23/09 03:04 PM, djnet wrote: I'm Currently working on a Newgrounds andoid app and i want to get some input on how you the people of newgrounds would like the app to function, maybe simplified userpages, access to various animations ETC, maybe the ability to log in and vote.

So i ask, what does the NG community think, and should it be free when i am finished...I say yes, with maybe a donate button on it eh?

I think it should have a mobile app. Make it a lot easier to get here if you know what I mean. I use my phone for everything.

Be True, Be You. Keep It Cool.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-02-23 19:30:24

At 12/23/09 04:35 PM, djnet wrote: well there will also be a BBS part of the app for BBS Streams and what not
The question is: Does anyone care about NG enough to have a NG app? This forum is pretty dead most of the time and general isn't worth even looking at. So you have a lot of questions to ask before even spending the time developing the app. Sure it'd be good practice but maybe you should make something more practical and useful?

i do

hail satan

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-03-11 15:46:29

I mean, Rust runs on C++, and that could work cross-platform (seeing how Mozilla Gecko has native support, so Firefox natively runs it, as well as Chrome.) Apple, on the other hand, would probably have a couple of years until they adopt it for Safari (I think, they might've added it to Safari 14 already.)
Now all we need is people willing to make the app and it might happen!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-03-21 17:39:24

At 2/23/22 07:30 PM, 666gothteen666 wrote:
i do

Your PFP is very misleading. For a moment, I thought you came from Tik Tok or Twitter *shudders*

I'm glad that I was wrong, and I am sorry for judging you too soon.

why am i blue

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-03-21 22:45:51

At 3/21/22 05:39 PM, AnAutisticHegehog wrote:
At 2/23/22 07:30 PM, 666gothteen666 wrote:
i do
Your PFP is very misleading. For a moment, I thought you came from Tik Tok or Twitter *shudders*
I'm glad that I was wrong, and I am sorry for judging you too soon.

i do have twitter and tiktok tho

hail satan

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-04-27 09:06:43

Hey guys, I like Newgrounds a lot and I use the Audio category very often. Thats why I developed a Newgrounds Android App. This is an early access and thats why there is only the audio category in this app. But I am developing the other categories as well. Just wait a couple of time.

Here is the PlayStore link to my Newgrounds app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lecraftjay.newgrounds&hl=de&gl=US

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-05-01 08:57:29

At 4/27/22 09:06 AM, LeCraftJay wrote: Hey guys, I like Newgrounds a lot and I use the Audio category very often. Thats why I developed a Newgrounds Android App. This is an early access and thats why there is only the audio category in this app. But I am developing the other categories as well. Just wait a couple of time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lecraftjay.newgrounds&hl=de&gl=US

I am working on a new update. What are you wishes for updates in the future?

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-05-21 06:05:23

Wow awesome

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-09-21 06:12:53

At 4/27/22 09:06 AM, LeCraftJay wrote: Hey guys, I like Newgrounds a lot and I use the Audio category very often. Thats why I developed a Newgrounds Android App. This is an early access and thats why there is only the audio category in this app. But I am developing the other categories as well. Just wait a couple of time.

Hey guys, I am back. After the Newgrounds Project failed I created a new App. If you are interested ypu can watch the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygrxHFGcAk

This project is also in play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.je_develop.intercra&hl=de

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2022-11-10 01:21:44

To be frank, now that we live in a post Flash world where ruffle is yet to full be made conpatible... Maybe this could work for an alternative...

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-02-14 02:09:34

At 12/23/09 03:04 PM, djnet wrote: I'm Currently working on a Newgrounds andoid app and i want to get some input on how you the people of newgrounds would like the app to function, maybe simplified userpages, access to various animations ETC, maybe the ability to log in and vote.

So i ask, what does the NG community think, and should it be free when i am finished...I say yes, with maybe a donate button on it eh?

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-02-20 13:43:23

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-02-20 14:04:41

Well... I dunno about others, but... I'd definitely download it...

Just saying.

I mean, if it's free... with a donation option... Why not?

A message to all haters or negative critics of the idea of an app:: Look, this guy (not sure, if you're a guy or not, but for the sake of my point I'm gonna adress you [the person, who posted the news about an android app to be created sometime in the near future] as such) spends a hell of a lot of time, pours it into an amazingly convient to use app, and you basically call the idea garbage...? Congrats, way to go, you just successfully earned the Jerk medal!

Give this guy some credit! After all, the app is for us, we are the ones who use it for convenience the most, and it's free! His time is being spent on it, not yours nor mine, nor anyone else's, unless he's collaborating with others to create it. So if you don't appreciate it, than that's ok. But don't advertise it to the world, inspiring others to act the same way. I may not have any room to talk, since you could say, I'm doing the same thing rn, but still. Don't criticise, unless you can show, that you can do better. Though hopefully, when you reach that level of achievement, you'll already know better.

Just my opinion, btw. Though I bet that there are some people who use this site, who would agree with what I just said. Anyway, that's all.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-05-25 23:58:24 (edited 2023-05-25 23:58:31)

At 5/8/23 01:04 PM, Snug-Bug wrote: Lol, amazing how far tech has come, you can now just easily add the website as a bookmark on your home screen.

It's pretty nice that this is possible

iu_979518_8460620.jpg

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-06-06 08:57:49 (edited 2023-06-06 08:58:40)

True

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-06-12 08:55:01

I think it's better to talk to Tom about this, because in fact he can give you such an opportunity thanks to the API, and then this application can even be written using as3

I am ready to program in as3/as2 or website

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-09-12 00:44:14

beep

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-09-13 02:36:05

I doubt they even remember this acc exist haha At 1/19/19 09:41 AM, CalubMaster wrote:

Yeah but those guys didn't even give it that much thought and just said no
Now there actually more people who want the app. So dude is it possible if you could start the project up again I also personally would love a new grounds app and you could always? I people to spread the news about the app and get people to download to get the app attention. It's a new year now so who knows what might happen maybe the website will suddenly get more popular causing people to want an app for the website and be disappointed to find there isn't one this could be a big opportunity to get the app started now so if there are any newcomers to the website they can also download the app.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-09-25 17:06:00

At 6/12/23 08:55 AM, greateday wrote:

I think it's better to talk to Tom about this, because in fact he can give you such an opportunity thanks to the API, and then this application can even be written using as3

instead tom himself hates me now

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-11-07 23:31:13 (edited 2023-11-07 23:33:10)

Que mal que casi la mayoría de comentarios eran desmotivadores iu_1110470_14195766.jpg

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-11-30 10:42:35

Damn this shit is old but it makes perfect sense that NG would have an App

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2023-12-05 12:51:56

I use a phone, I don't need an NG for Android, it doesn't bother me to see the animations, there are games adapted for Android and you seriously made an app (unofficial), in conclusion just the website is enough