00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheClownmanPuggles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of December Winners!

15,831 Views | 139 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-11 23:12:14

Yeah...guess I should've waited for a non-RAB month to donate the DVDs.

Tom is hereby allowed to use my copy as an ice scraper....

$250 and a T-shirt (and the instructional DVDs) are, of course, hump-worthy!

Thanks everyone

--Dave

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-11 23:23:33

RUNNER-UP GAMES:

6. Uber Breakout II

Wait a minute, how did this not even make the top 20!? I voted it the best game this month!

- ><--stick vs. sprites-->< - ><--flat beat-->< - ><--pico vs. sticks-->< -

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-11 23:43:16

At 1/11/06 11:23 PM, brainface wrote: Wait a minute, how did this not even make the top 20!? I voted it the best game this month!

Low page views due to never getting frontpage

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-11 23:43:52

At 1/11/06 10:16 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: *performs the 10th place loser jig*

*makes himself a sandwich*

*walks off to eat it*

oh zekey, i really was cheering for you to get in the top 5 :( cheer up, your flash was amazing anyways, but you totally deserved a top 5 spot <3 also i wish rtil got a spot too >_<

congrats to those who won this month.

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-11 23:55:26

same here.....congratulations to the people that won this month

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 00:00:22

I'm really surprised that "Final Fighting Fantasy Chapter 13: Showdown" didn't make it to the top 20. I would have expected more bleed-off from the people that voted for 8-Bit to have also voted for that. It's one of the first, the longest running Final Fantasy epics on Newgrounds plus it's more original, with MUCH better animation, unique music and an incredible storyline to it. How did this fantastic flash end up so marginalized?

I'm happy that 8-Bit won though. It's script is also not stolen. It is an adaptation that was made with 8-Bit Theater's author's (Brian) complete approval. They are long time fans of 8-Bit. Just because the original author isn't making the movies doesn't mean he can't let someone else do it for him and that ALSO doesn't mean that they can't get donations for making it or the prizes here on NG for doing it. Brian is happy for them and if he has no objections... Really, why should you?

They might not even have even put this or other flashes on Newgrounds if it wasn't for the fact that, due to copyright suing concerns (and the fact that animations have been stolen from them and put up here before, I remember that incident clearly. Meddos soon started posting his 8-Bit VS flashes here soon after) Brian won't let 8-Bit animations be hosted on his website anymore.. NG was picked because it's one of the few places that gives the author full ownership over his stuff. This is NOT going to go to a rip-off site like ebaums. The money is nice. The fans are nice but this was done primarily for Brian and to expose his wonderful comic on a different kind of way.

No one has really talked about "under the mistletoe". The song for that was just as original as "the ultimate showdown" was, it fit in with the Christmas season and the animation was much MUCH better then Ultimate's was. I had really hoped that such a quality work would have made it. Maybe it was just too mushy for too many of the NG audience to manage. Ah well.

PS: Congratulations to the winners.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 00:02:50

this is an e-popularity contest not a reward for quality. a bunch of half assed submissions by e-celebrites always win over movies with a much higher quality made by less known artists.

voting in this monthly thing is a waste of time.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 00:04:17

At 1/11/06 10:21 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote:
At 1/11/06 06:21 PM, TomFulp wrote:
10. -MASS-
Nonsense. Give him money anyway, these people don't know how to vote right.

I agree. A lot of Newgrounds does vote by name. I never thought so before, but basically anything by big authors will be voted on. Thankfully, though, those artists are usually pretty good and their flash are worth it.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 00:20:08

At 1/11/06 06:48 PM, _Luis_ wrote: Boring game plus famous face = top game of the month = $250 bucks

Congrats to all nonetheless.

haha Luis is such a bitter piece of stinky ass.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 00:27:03

Congrats to the winners.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 00:37:44

Congratulations to all other winners. No matter what anyone tells you, you've done something right to earn your spot.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 01:05:33

well,congrat to the The Ultimate Showdown,for being number 1 no real surprice there and supersoldier for best game good call tom,best game by far this month and may i said coll prices,what next a car....

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 01:37:00

Hey, thanks tons for the votes! Congrats to everyone.

I'll be the first to admit, Tactical Assassin was a simple game ( animation and script wise ) but that's only due to the fact that I desperately wanted to finish a project and submit it, s'been a while. Tactical Assassin 2 will be a lot better, so hopefully you guys will enjoy that. Thanks again, especially the one-punch machine gun - NegativeONE.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 01:51:20

It's been said before but WTF at the creator of RAB winning his own material.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 02:09:22

I really thought Denvish Day teh ban bin would get more votes

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 02:41:56

At 1/12/06 12:00 AM, TomaO2 wrote: I'm happy that 8-Bit won though. It's script is also not stolen. It is an adaptation that was made with 8-Bit Theater's author's (Brian) complete approval. They are long time fans of 8-Bit. Just because the original author isn't making the movies doesn't mean he can't let someone else do it for him and that ALSO doesn't mean that they can't get donations for making it or the prizes here on NG for doing it. Brian is happy for them and if he has no objections... Really, why should you?

I could care less if he stole the story. Its just the simple fact that its a crappy unfunny video game sprite flash in a website already infested with that unoriginal trash.
There was nothing special about it, since it wasn't funny unless you're a nerd.... I could hardly get past the first 5 seconds, it was so unfunny.
Not much effort was put into it, unlike flashes like Pallid Fingers, which took months to make, or even Power Star, which may have been unoriginal but at least had effort and custom sprites.
There was hardly any thought put into it, unlike -MASS-, one of the most thoughtful and meaningful flashes, or animations, I've ever seen.
Hell, the author couldn't even be original in making something unoriginal; he didn't use his own script.

This flash derives all of its popularity from the series, and the series derives all of its popularity from some comic and the video games it jacks its content from.
It's complete and utter bullshit. The truly good quality flashes will lose out to the far worse flashes based on reputation alone. Bullshit.

Thats all I have to say.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 02:47:18

Congrats to all the winners.

And did gogo Happy & Smile miss out or something?

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 02:55:50

What a nice late christmas present :)

Congrats to all the winners.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 03:32:01

YYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWW

But seriously good job to all the winnas!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 03:38:19

At 1/12/06 02:41 AM, F00D wrote: There was hardly any thought put into it, unlike -MASS-, one of the most thoughtful and meaningful flashes, or animations, I've ever seen.

I think there is one reason that flash didn't win. Because it's premise was "You never give underrated authors the credit they deserve, so VOTE FOR ME!"

It was pretty well done, but the meaning pretty much boils down to crying about not being about to get merchandising deals off of their sub par flashes. It's premise is pretty much just asking to be voted high because it isn't made by a 'popular' artist.

I voted for it, I thought it was worthy of inclusion, but alas, people don't like voting what you tell them to vote for, that's why putting a flashing screen that says VOTE 5 doesn't work.

Just my 2 cents.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 04:20:55

Congrats to the winners and yay for 16th place \o/

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 04:49:49

TOP FIVE GAMES:
1. supersoldier

yeah, that was hard to pick.
well done everyone!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 04:53:54

i'm sure mr. retarded animal babies will get a big laugh when he receives what's pocket change to him and his own dvd

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 06:04:11

Goód movies! I like them all

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 06:55:59

It's good the The Ugly got a place. It deserved a far higher score than it got. I've been voting 5 every day but it hasn't helped much.

Well done to everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 07:07:50

At 1/11/06 10:44 PM, TITROTU wrote: Heh, I hope Cycon enjoys his $500. :)

Yeah, I was going to say. Not a bad way to make ends meet. So what, does Cycon get two of every prize or something? Heh...

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 08:24:22

At least man !

5. weebl and bob - paper - Congrats TheWeeble you were my total favourit ! I think it should be No. 1 but whatever !

1. supersoldier - of course. But I think it is not deserved. I did not liked it so so so much though.

2. Tactical Assassin - I agree. This game rocks.

6. Pallid Fingers 2 - this should go into the Top 5.

11. Sock Episode 2: Ptikobj - will this Firth ever stop :P

11. NG Insult Generator - this one is awesome !

18. Denvish Day: Teh Ban Bin - this g ame is also awesome.

Well cograts to the winer too .

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 10:00:00

Bah, A Christmas Documentary wasn't there.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 10:20:45

Ah, I played/have seen them all and I liked them all.

Response to Best of December Winners! 2006-01-12 10:32:38

Congrats Dave you have won your own DVD :P