00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wizbird just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MAC6 - October

42,189 Views | 459 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-13 21:16:58

I realy cant wait for this ^_^.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-16 01:02:40

Okay now quick question that is pretty important to my song. Can a vocalist sing on multiple songs? I'm going to have Bad_Man_Incorporated singing for me and I do believe he is helping somebody else. Is this going to be a problem?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-16 06:21:05

At 10/16/06 01:02 AM, speedmetalmessiah wrote: Okay now quick question that is pretty important to my song. Can a vocalist sing on multiple songs? I'm going to have Bad_Man_Incorporated singing for me and I do believe he is helping somebody else. Is this going to be a problem?

Well, basicly yes, since that would as a collaboration between you nd him + him and somone else. But if all he does is sing, and acknowledge you as the contestant and only add vocals, it might be OK to do an exception. I will have to talk with LJCoffee about this and get a second opinon though, since this would be bending the rules!

Easiest thing would be if you could get somone else to sing.... your cat perhaps? :)

If you could get Bad_Man_Incorporated to show us all his cards in this thread, or if he want it to be hush-hush, PM me and/or LJCoffee about this. It´s important to know what other involvements he is planning.

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-16 09:16:32

At 10/16/06 06:21 AM, Rucklo wrote: I will have to talk with LJCoffee about this and get a second opinon though, since this would be bending the rules!

I don't think there's too much of a problem with it.

I have no idea how any prizes will be handed out but I think it's a fair assumption that the account under which a track is submitted will get any credit or awards - so really, if a vocalist decides to help out on two or three tracks and one of them wins, then it's up to the collaborators involved to decide how to divvy up any booty.

The only way that I could see problems arising would be for a group of people to collab on a set of songs and then each upload under separate accounts

- example:
ImSoMuchCoolerThanYou does percussion and kazoo
ImSoFunkinL337 performs vocals and plays the skinflute
stfuN00B adds harmony, picks his nose and masters the tracks
happyToPutOut4NG sits around and looks pretty with a tambourine

They get together and create four songs for the contest

- SoMuchCooler uploads one, FunkinL337 uploads the second, stfuN00B uploads the third and PutOut4NG uploads the fourth.

Basically now we're talking about a band with multiple submissions under separate accounts - if we catch a group of people doing that then we'll have to ask them to consider which entry is thier best and drop the others to limit themselves to a single submission. Fair enough?

A single artist performing vocals for several tracks is a little different - Obviously, we're not all singers - vocalists seem to be quite scarce around here and if only one or two people can sing then they're going to be in demand right?

I just think that it would be a good idea for Bad_Man_Incorporated and whoever else to have an agreement in place just in case one of the tracks with his voice wins a prize.

Sound cool?
Any objections?
Does anyone have any other ideas on the subject that will help?
Anyone want some kool-aid?

I'm happy to announce that the winner of this MAC is whoever paypals me the most cash by Nov 01 0:00

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-16 12:17:18

I just think that it would be a good idea for Bad_Man_Incorporated and whoever else to have an agreement in place just in case one of the tracks with his voice wins a prize.

Sound cool?
Any objections?
Does anyone have any other ideas on the subject that will help?
Anyone want some kool-aid?

Well, those that I help out...I'm NOT looking for the cut of the cash. The money is for the songwriter. It will be cool enough just to have the "recognition" as the vocalist. Especially since I don't have time to write my own song.

It will still be a good way to get the name Bad Man Incorporated into another contest. haha.

So I don't know if this counts as an agreeeeeeement....but as I said, If something I help out on, wins...I DO NOT want a cut of the cash. These people need the cash more than I do. hahaha. I'm just happy to help.

Then they can buy all the KOOL AID THEY WANT>..

Hope that is ok with everyone. Also, to those who PM'd me, I'm sorry and am tapped out for time and cannot commit to anyone elses tune. Thanks for the consideration though!!

Rock on fuckers! and good luck!!!111!1!!!

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-16 21:32:52

At 10/16/06 09:16 AM, LJCoffee wrote: Anyone want some kool-aid?

OH YEAH!!! lol

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 07:25:23

Cool thing, then there should be no problems with this.

If anyone else is thinking of appearing in more than one audio one way or another, please let us know though, so all we know what the deal is, who made the song, who featured, and so on.

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 12:11:25

At 10/17/06 07:25 AM, Rucklo wrote: Cool thing, then there should be no problems with this.

Excellent thank you very much.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 17:13:35

if there's no problem with this, can you plz post up a new list of ppl who submitted?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 17:22:15

I could but nobody submitted so far. So the last list is the current one and I don't make a new one just for "one" entry. ;)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 18:47:09

Here's a non contest entry one! I was thinking of making it contest entry, but nah, I think it's too funkalicious to make it a contest entry ;).

_-={Teh Epic Winter!}=-_

It's currently the only funny/happy piece I have up there, so yeah, big BIG change for me. It started off as a hip hop beat to compete in again Poetic_Reven, when I saw that this particular one wasn't going to work, TEH CHRISTMAS WAS BORN!

I also added a little dialogue at the beginning, which is voice recording of me :D!

So yes, go me.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 19:15:42

that is one badass santa MRage.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-17 20:13:19

At 10/17/06 07:15 PM, Kirizzle wrote: that is one badass santa MRage.

Only the baddest for Halloween/Christmas mix >:P

I'm glad you enjoyed it Kirizzle.

I'm sorry if this is already explained in the rules, but could we do collabs in The Non Contest entries and still submit 2 each? Can we submit as much as we want, I feel we should try to make this as big as possible, seeing as it's now gotten official prize money and contest air?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 04:01:30

meh... I can't copy or paste in mozilla. :( And IE won't work either. Could you grab my song from my portal? Its entitled 'Christmas Grooves.' :D I hope you enjoy.

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 04:40:24

At 10/18/06 04:01 AM, cornandbeans wrote: meh... I can't copy or paste in mozilla. :( And IE won't work either. Could you grab my song from my portal? Its entitled 'Christmas Grooves.' :D I hope you enjoy.

CONTESTANT or NON-CONTESTANT?

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 13:01:26

oh oh sorry

CONTESTANT entry. :)

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 18:40:30

Man, october isn't ending fast enough. I wanna see who wins.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 19:36:58

Can I make my non contest entry into a contest entry and replace it with another if I feel I made something better?

Also I'm not seeing enough contest entries so I am also throwing my hat in the ring, if it looks like there is a huge surge near then i'll make it non contest entry again.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 19:47:31

Jeez people, stop submitting good music >: (

Oh, I'll never win now...My song's actually finished, I just need to get a quality recording. Keep your eyes on this thread

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 21:47:41

At 10/18/06 07:36 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
Also I'm not seeing enough contest entries so I am also throwing my hat in the ring, if it looks like there is a huge surge near then i'll make it non contest entry again.

Yeah I really expected to see more submissions. Then again this just might mean people are taking more time with the songs to perfect them. Well we can only hope.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-18 21:59:26

Haha yeah, although I'd love a free NG t-shirt lol

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-19 09:23:11

At 10/18/06 07:36 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Can I make my non contest entry into a contest entry and replace it with another if I feel I made something better?

Not according to the rules, you cannot. However, that rule is basicly there so that there can be better order in the tracks and artists, so there is no messup in the track-lists (and our brains... did that guy submit that song or not???)
I personally dont want there to be any changes in the contest-signup, wich is why you all are reminded of this in the rules. If one gets allowed to change, everyone should have that ability, so to begin with this is actually a "no". However, to be honest there have been very few songs so far, so we might be able to make an exception. I promise nothing though. PM me and tell me why I should allow you to change (you can become my bribe-bride:).
Think before you submit, the same goes for submitting audio to your audio-page too ;)

PM me...
At 10/18/06 09:47 PM, speedmetalmessiah wrote:
Yeah I really expected to see more submissions. Then again this just might mean people are taking more time with the songs to perfect them. Well we can only hope.

Yeah, definitley a little disapointement to this point, i hope that most of the submissions will turn up next week or so... :(

We´ll see...

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-19 11:09:23

New list I guess. Not as much new entries as I expected but yeah...maybe that will come in the next week...I mean...PEOPLE....HELLO!! $ 250 for a christmas song? You can't earn your money easier!!

PLZ keep in mind that I only put those submissions on the list which are stated as CONTESTANT / NON-CONTESTANT. Otherwise I don't accept them! Always remember to check back on the rules if you're not sure on something. Oh, and if something is wrong, correct me! I'm only human and I can make mistakes. Also, this list is friggin BIG. >: P

You can submit:

- 1 Audio for the contest (original or cover)
- 2 christmas Audios for the collection thread (originals or covers)

Alrighty, thats it for now...last but not least the SUBMISSION List again! OMFG!

New subs are "bold", so that you guys can better see what's NEW. ;)

Current list of entries / CONTESTANT...

Entries so far: >6<:

Classical submissions:

MilkMan-Dan - The Purest of Winters (original)

Deflektor76 - Christmas is for everyone (original)

cornandbeans - {Christmas Grooves} (original)

Metal submissions:

none so far

General Rock submissions:

none so far

DnB submissions:

none so far

Ambient submissions:

none so far

Bluegrass submissions:

none so far

Industrial submissions:

none so far

Techno submissions:

fr3kn - The Assassians Christmas (original)

xlash - Snowman Dance (original)

Video Game submissions:

none so far

Jazz submissions:

XBrav - Christmas Time - Presents! (original)

Trance submissions:

none so far

Dance submissions:

none so far

Miscellaneous submissions:

none so far

Current list of entries / NON - CONTESTANT...

Entries so> far: >5<:

Classical submissions:

MaestroRage - _-={The Epic Christmas!}=-_ (original)

Metal submissions:

none so far

General Rock submissions:

none so far

DnB submissions:

none so far

Ambient submissions:

VegetarianMeat - Sweet Harmony (original)

Deflektor76 - Blue Sanctuary (original)

Spikrodd - The Nameless Song (original)

Bluegrass submissions:

none so far

Industrial submissions:

none so far

Techno submissions:

Rucklo - High-Ho (Remake) (cover)

Video Game submissions:

none so far

Jazz submissions:

none so far

Trance submissions:

none so far

Dance submissions:

none so far

Miscellaneous submissions:

none so far

------------------

Entries Overall: >11<

END OF LISTS.

LoLgang is teh new world order! >: (

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 11:53:59

3 points:

1:
bump!

2:
A big thanks to DarKsidE555 for maintaining the submission lists.

3:
I just cannot believe the apparent lack of interest... I wrote a little post about it in The Audio Forum Lounge.

Well, I certainly hope that there are more people out there with a submission in the works - if we get a completely underwhelming response to this contest then it's going to be much harder to build momentum for future contests. There were such great plans for the coming year too...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 12:00:56

Im finding it somewhat difficult to get in the christmas spirit, it being october an all, but im trying!!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 12:11:09

I've got one on the way LJ it'll be done pretty soon I hope.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 12:43:40

I'm thinking "industrial christmas"

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 17:14:05

Is the contest over yet? I hope not.
I made this some time ago.

I won`t win though.

Mirrors in the Snow

Title was actually going to be Reflections of Winter, but HouseMasta "stole" it.
>:-(

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 20:46:08

Me and Maestro are collaborating on a Non-Contest entry...

I truly can't believe the lack of interest... maybe you should sticky this thread :)... perhaps that would help.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-20 20:52:43

At 10/20/06 08:46 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: Me and Maestro are collaborating on a Non-Contest entry...

I truly can't believe the lack of interest... maybe you should sticky this thread :)... perhaps that would help.

As much as I love free stuff, and would love a free newgrounds tee, yeah a contest is a contest. Right now we all have like an 18% chance of winning. Huge margin.