00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

G00fyGh0ul just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MAC6 - October

42,186 Views | 459 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-25 09:19:06

Weeee, thanx for all the lists, darkside.They look fagtastic! >:(

Righty-oh, peep´s, ocotober 2006 is rapidly running away from our lives, so if you wanna make a song and compete over the 250$, thats right, 250$ leik OMFG CAHS!
... you still have one more week to do that!

And by mentioning that means there will not be a delay for the closing day of the contest. There are ceveral pro´s with doing it, and there are ceveral con´s as well. I weighted them against eachother and found out that I was slightly against a delay. LJCoffee supported this, and I also talked it over with some other dudes (darkside amongst other, obvioulsy ;)

But hey, I think that we should try to make this christmas collection special, and keep adding submissions to thte list even after the contest! That´ll show the rest of NG that we´re a brutal force (ugh!) they´re gonna have to count with, and we kick ass making audio!!! :)

One day or another I am going to sit down and see if I can find good christmas songs to add to the collection, if you have time to spare, why not help out in this quest? Here´s a simple audio search with "christmas" as keyword. There are lots of old songs, but we gotta find out what the good ones are!

The ones who help out with this gets one step closer to become a respected and adored and automaticly sexy Audio Forum Regular, and y´all n00bs out there wanna be that soooo bad, eh eh eh he`????!!!!!!

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-26 16:26:16

Just a heads up guys, I'm looking for a Dance styled christmas song for my game :).

I don't have any specific needs except I need it to be a christmas themed Dance piece, quite fast paced :).

I'll be looking around the AP as well as checking the thread I posted, so I'm hoping to see some fast paced dance tracks around :).

Good luck with the contest guys :)!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-26 16:42:39

At 10/26/06 04:26 PM, Jindo wrote: Just a heads up guys, I'm looking for a Dance styled christmas song for my game :).

i sent what you requested so i dont think you need to post this here

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-26 17:18:26

At 10/26/06 04:42 PM, HouseMasta wrote:
At 10/26/06 04:26 PM, Jindo wrote: Just a heads up guys, I'm looking for a Dance styled christmas song for my game :).
i sent what you requested so i dont think you need to post this here

I practically asked him to do that, since that is also one of the main purposes (that hasnt been used) yet; to serve as a x-mas audio request thread, as well as a collection and a contest thread. :) All in one, just like those nifty cellphones nowadays that you can open up a can of beans with while watching TV and surf on the internet and printing out some papers because youre on the toilet and needs to take a shit. It´s like a swiss army thread, this thread ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-26 20:36:52

The whole money award thing has me so excited... I can barely wait to see who won >:|

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-26 20:57:12

After much thought and consideration, I decided to enter my October song into this contest. I didn't think it was Christmas enough, but after listening to the other entries...why the hell not?

You could put it ambient or something i guess, im not too good with genres.

Go get lost In The Woods

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 12:31:28

Weeeee *bump*!

The deadline is right around the corner, just to remind and put some pressure on you artists who haven't submitted yet but are planning to :P

I was planning to do something myself because I had some great ideas for a jingle bells remix but because of my procrastination I don't have enough time to finish it now and I'm not good enough of a composer to really pull it off anyway. Oh well.

By the way, RGH, your song isn't exactly christmasy... you even use jungle and swamp sound clips! Are ya implying Santa works as a Safari tour guide on his days off? Even so, I don't think the submission fits the theme.

Anyways, good luck to all the contestants and I can't wait to see the top five that come out of this thing.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 17:38:47

Come on guys! We need more competition!

P.S. Thanks DarKsidE for the review!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 19:33:36

It snowed only 200km from here yesterday. How´s that for x-mas inspiration? :)

well, here it´s still 10 degree cel. tho :(

anyone already getting into x-mas spirit?

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 20:31:12

At 10/27/06 07:33 PM, Rucklo wrote: It snowed only 200km from here yesterday. How´s that for x-mas inspiration? :)

I'm sry rucklo i have never faired to well in xmas audio creation. good idea however. Peace Syntrus out (0_0)

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 20:45:23

At 10/27/06 07:33 PM, Rucklo wrote: It snowed only 200km from here yesterday. How´s that for x-mas inspiration? :)

Gonna snow here on Sunday. I'm in christmas spirit ^-^

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 20:50:08

I dunno where you guys live but where I live it's probably not going to snow for another month or two.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 20:50:25

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-27 21:05:30

At 10/27/06 08:50 PM, Kirizzle wrote: I dunno where you guys live but where I live it's probably not going to snow for another month or two.

If I said Canada it would probably answer ya.
I'm in Calgary, Alberta.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 04:45:00

At 10/27/06 09:05 PM, XBrav wrote:
At 10/27/06 08:50 PM, Kirizzle wrote: I dunno where you guys live but where I live it's probably not going to snow for another month or two.
If I said Canada it would probably answer ya.
I'm in Calgary, Alberta.

Oh wouldn't you know. I live in Edmonton Alberta.

We should go for lunch sometime mate. I'm up to a 3 hour drive :P.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 09:25:20

Oh oh oh, I hear bells! Santa must be close... no... wait, that´s just my tinnitus :(

it might snow here tonight according to the newspaper... ah well, every year christmas starts earlier and earlier, eh? :)

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 11:14:17

At 10/27/06 12:31 PM, Kirizzle wrote:
By the way, RGH, your song isn't exactly christmasy... you even use jungle and swamp sound clips! Are ya implying Santa works as a Safari tour guide on his days off? Even so, I don't think the submission fits the theme.

I couldn't agree with you more. But its no less Christmasy than half the submissions i listened to. I guess it depends on what you define as Christmas doesn't it? Its not "jungle" sounds either. Different birds chirping, a woodpecker, and an owl is what i used i believe.

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 11:36:12

At 10/28/06 04:45 AM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: Oh wouldn't you know. I live in Edmonton Alberta.

We should go for lunch sometime mate. I'm up to a 3 hour drive :P.

Haha yeah that'd be awsome. I smell a collaboration!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 11:39:34

I have a question. Can I submit a non-contestant, and say that if I don't submit a contestant by the time October ends, that non-contestant becomes my contestant?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 13:00:18

At 10/28/06 11:39 AM, MusicalRocky wrote: I have a question. Can I submit a non-contestant, and say that if I don't submit a contestant by the time October ends, that non-contestant becomes my contestant?

youre gonna have to keep track of that yourself. best thing would be to decide first, and then submit. you can just wait until 31 oct ya know... :)

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-28 13:50:30

At 10/27/06 08:50 PM, MrPariah wrote: DJ Santa's dance club (original)
DJ Santa's dance club (original)

err forgot to say that was my entry...

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 11:29:38

Well it looks as though this contest is beginning to be successful. I've already had my Christmas contest entry used in a submission in the portal. The score isn't anything spectacular, but goes to show that artists are using audio from this! ^-^ anybody else had theirs used yet?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 11:49:44

we have yet to see that surge of last-week entries, though...
maybe last-minute?

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 13:43:56

X-mas yo yo forget my last post i always enter the mac 6.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 13:46:57

At 10/29/06 01:43 PM, Syntrus wrote: X-mas yo yo forget my last post i always enter the mac 6.

Btw this means i submit this track into the contest.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 14:17:43

Ok i am submitting this song to the MAC6 collection but not the contest. I don't want this song put in as i am doing something extra special for MAC6 later. So enjoy this fun filled camp fire sing-along: The Song Of Christmas.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 15:46:42

Awsome to see the numbers tick up, we allmost have 20 contestants now, if im not wrong?...

Anyway, october is on it´s way out, if anyone wanna join up and battle for the 250$, ya better hurry up and produce a kickass song!!!! ^^

Twas minus 1 degree celsius here all day more or less. Freaking cold... but that means that soon santa wil be here with his partytent whooooo...

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 17:43:19

At 10/29/06 03:46 PM, Rucklo wrote: Twas minus 1 degree celsius here all day more or less. Freaking cold... but that means that soon santa wil be here with his partytent whooooo...

Speaking of snow, we've been getting a tiny bit of snow here for the past 1 or 2 weeks, but its been melting off. Last night though, we got a good layer of snow :) I can't wait for the good times.

You know, with blizzards and heavy amounts of snow, and an average temperature of -30 C.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 18:51:23

Hey XBRAV... are you familiar with the Edmonton Christmas spectacle known as the Singing Christmas Tree?

If you've ever seen it... lol... that happens to be a performance I've been in almost every year of my life. It's my source of Christmas spirit.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-29 18:53:57

Woohoo finally was happy with the final mix so here it is This is Christmas (original) this is a contest entry.