00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hudsonboss13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to help Ukraine thread

9,606 Views | 100 Replies

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-08 10:19:36

At 3/7/22 04:49 PM, HerbieG wrote: Hello guys, as I was talking about the social media last time...

@TomFulp @CIEIRMusic @OpusFreiling @ConnorGrail @ZebraHumor @sarafoxy @Tony-DarkGrave @kknots @TylerFromTexas @WarmMilk200 @AbcTheHuman @angrycomputer1995 @beatriziguess @Aceofthesky @BeezleBoob @Lofii @ChillyAbe @TheMusicalManiac @OnixDark @ZeroThenderson @SheepPF @W4iler @RAMEN-The-Chicken @Cycadeli @sackydzNG @Cjspellsfish @BitSweetChoco @VitalikNerd005 @sereneFalconer @MindChamber @Zachary @DioShiba @Yanclae @RydiaLockheart @EdyKel @Gario @DoctorPac @TurkeyOnAStick @SugarSimon

another action has been launched, this time mostly on TikTok, but it is also spreading on Twitter with different type of dumb posts. This time the hashtag is

#давайзамир

that as I noticed is usually accompanied on Twitter by

#СвоихНеБросаем

You read the first one "davai za mir" and it means "come/go for peace". And that peace can be obviously achieved only Putin's way. If you listen to what those tiktokers are talking about you will hear the very same words, like somebody gave the previously prepared text to them and paid them well to read it - and they are doing it, like some... mindless zombies. I am especially surprised and disappointed how many young Russian (?) people take part in it...

You can find English translation of one of those texts here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/t6txcq/russian_influencers_on_tiktok_defend_the_invasion/

The second hashtag "Своих Не Бросаем" you can pronounce... hmm... this will be difficult for English... "svoeeh ne brosaiem" and you can translate that as "we don't abandon our people".

This time we may need some translators for Twitter posts, because in some cases that hashtag is mocking Putin, but still most of them are clearly Kremlin's propaganda. By dealing with them we are much more entering the "enemy's territory".

I'll keep a look out for that one.

CIEIR, short for "Could It Exist In Real-Life?"

(Pronounced Seer: A person who can see the Future.)

See the future through music. Feel the future through music.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-08 11:13:07

Didn't want to ding you twice by replying to the same quote twice, but I thought I'd add this. You were looking for Translators. There's an entire library of free PDFs on the Russian Language. You know just in case those that speak the language whether they are from the country or fluent don't do it. While I often use Google Translate to translate the stuff I read, I know it's not quite reliable so I found this:

https://www.pdfdrive.com/learn-russian-books.html

There's a shit load of books on the language, from dictionaries to grammar comprehension. If you know a guy that can speed read and speed learn this, then you got a translator. It's not much, but every little piece of information is as valuable as any other help that's out there.

A quick heads up: there will be a 24-hour charity stream hosted by Vaush to help support Ukraine with humanitarian aid. These tend to raise a considerable amount of money (take a look at his Palestine fundraiser, for example), so it's not a bad idea to come by and drop a few bucks, if you don't know where to start supporting Ukraine from. It begins at 12:00PM Pacific on 03/09/2022, for those interested (that's today).

Also you can watch him suck at Elden Ring and bitch at chat, which is always a fun time.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-09 17:51:08

Almost at $100k now; if y'all don't want to watch him (understandable) this is a link to the fundraiser. Anything helps.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-10 18:58:21

Spread the word about it among people you know that are from Ukraine. Do it through PMs, don't tag them here.

One of Polish museums made a video of how to steal a T-72 Russian tank in less than 30 seconds. By starting its engine, not by pulling it with a tractor. It has Ukrainian subtitles added, so they will understand what to do.

@TomFulp @CIEIRMusic @OpusFreiling @ConnorGrail @ZebraHumor @sarafoxy @Tony-DarkGrave @kknots @TylerFromTexas @WarmMilk200 @AbcTheHuman @angrycomputer1995 @beatriziguess @Aceofthesky @BeezleBoob @Lofii @ChillyAbe @TheMusicalManiac @OnixDark @ZeroThenderson @SheepPF @W4iler @RAMEN-The-Chicken @Cycadeli @sackydzNG @Cjspellsfish @BitSweetChoco @VitalikNerd005 @sereneFalconer @MindChamber @Zachary @DioShiba @Yanclae @RydiaLockheart @EdyKel @Gario @DoctorPac @TurkeyOnAStick @SugarSimon

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-10 19:07:49

At 3/10/22 06:58 PM, HerbieG wrote: Spread the word about it among people you know that are from Ukraine. Do it through PMs, don't tag them here.
One of Polish museums made a video of how to steal a T-72 Russian tank in less than 30 seconds. By starting its engine, not by pulling it with a tractor. It has Ukrainian subtitles added, so they will understand what to do.

Will do.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-10 20:28:56

Also thermite charges. They can burn a hole in the tank and 5 feet of solid steel. Also just had a thought. Are there any tourists and vacationists staying at the Ukraine there? Because they will help out. They go to Europe to get drunk and stoned and cause epic disasters. So naturally get them drunk, stoned and dare them to fight by your side. You'll have an army of epic proportions.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-11 00:25:09

At 3/10/22 06:58 PM, HerbieG wrote: Spread the word about it among people you know that are from Ukraine. Do it through PMs, don't tag them here.

Thankfully, I know someone that might be able to get the information relayed. Thank you for the video.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-11 02:48:39

At 3/11/22 12:25 AM, DioShiba wrote:
Thankfully, I know someone that might be able to get the information relayed. Thank you for the video.

Good luck.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-11 18:54:36

Ok. It was a long shot, but I managed to get someone on board with this. To protect their identity I won't say it here in public, but I got them to pass the tank info on.

New thing to announce, this time more humanitarian than military. This application/website has been created by Belarusian programmers - yes, lots of them do not support either Putin or Lukashenka.

People from around the world can declare rooms for refugees from Ukraine on this website. Spread the word both among people from Ukraine you know and people you think may want to help Ukrainians this way.

https://icanhelp.host/

First off I spread the link through my persona's lore, it's on the recent newspost of my profile.

Second off something has come to my attention. Most of the time my whole thing on the matter was to encourage people to fight hard. Not just in the war sense, but in every aspect you can think of. With Psychological Warfare being my main suggestion. However, there is often always more than one way to fight and I think I may have found a way to fight smart.

Years ago, way before I joined this site, I was a member of a site called Avaaz.org. Which is essentially a petition site, which often drums up almost everything. When I first got onto it, I was mostly signing petitions against online censorship bills like SOPA. At one point I stopped going there, because I didn't think my signature or sharing said petition would come in handy. Until now. Just recently a petition was drummed up on Avaaz that may be the key to ending this conflict once and for all. And it's a means to not only fight hard, but fight smart and fight legally.

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/prosecute_putin_loc/?cOsZocb

This petition calls for Putin to be put on trial for his crimes against the Ukraine. It has over 130 000 signatures on it already and it's been shared all over facebook, twitter and email. I call upon both the OP and everyone on this forum to increase that number. To put it lightly, the world is planning to place Vladimir Putin under arrest for war crimes and crimes against humanity in general.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-19 07:35:10

Lots of companies cut their ties with Russia, but some of them still did not. Yale School of Management created a list of those companies. It is updated daily:

https://som.yale.edu/story/2022/over-400-companies-have-withdrawn-russia-some-remain

The most important groups are the "digging in" and "buying time". The more pressure we put on those companies through social media and through direct boycott the better.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-19 09:14:27

Boycott Nestlé they refuse to get out of Russia, they're really going for that most evil corporation title lol.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-19 18:43:20

At 3/19/22 07:35 AM, HerbieG wrote: Lots of companies cut their ties with Russia, but some of them still did not. Yale School of Management created a list of those companies. It is updated daily:
https://som.yale.edu/story/2022/over-400-companies-have-withdrawn-russia-some-remain
The most important groups are the "digging in" and "buying time". The more pressure we put on those companies through social media and through direct boycott the better.

I'm kinda on the fence about this one and I'll tell you why. Yes. All the known companies leaving would be a massive cripple to Russian Economy. That's pretty much why they did it in the first place. However, we shouldn't assume that greed is the only reason that some have stayed. Another way of crippling said Economy is to squeeze it for all it's worth. Safe to say, the one's that stayed behind are not so much profiting off Russia, but rather trying to squeeze Putin for all he's worth. They wouldn't be the first people to start robbing a country or government during War times.

Not saying they should stay, but at the same time, if we can't pressure them into leaving, the best bet would be to appeal to their wallets more and make life hell for Putin that way. Back west, due to a series of unfortunate events, prices for Groceries have skyrocketed so make up for the damages said events caused. What if rather than just leaving, the remaining companies would up the prices to impossible, almost illegal levels first. Then leave. Basically effectively making the country broke on the way out.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-19 22:47:06

At 3/19/22 07:35 AM, HerbieG wrote: Lots of companies cut their ties with Russia, but some of them still did not. Yale School of Management created a list of those companies. It is updated daily:

I'll be taking a break from Subway and Dunkin. Shame they're still operating in Russia. Surprised and glad Starbucks pulled out. Thanks for sharing!

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-19 23:01:31

At 3/19/22 10:47 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:

I'll be taking a break from Subway and Dunkin. Shame they're still operating in Russia. Surprised and glad Starbucks pulled out. Thanks for sharing!

Kinda weird isn't it? Subway still being in Russia now being the worst thing they've been known for since....well the other thing.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-20 12:42:00

At 3/19/22 11:01 PM, CIEIRMusic wrote:
At 3/19/22 10:47 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:

Kinda weird isn't it? Subway still being in Russia now being the worst thing they've been known for since....well the other thing.

Yeahhhhhh....if you know, you know. Eugh. shiver

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-20 14:54:21

we boycott their gas so now the inflation in our country is increase

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-20 16:43:26

Another reason to boycott Leroy Merlin:

https://globalhappenings.com/entertainment/127101.html

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-20 20:28:20

http://go.newsfusion.com/defense-news/item/8186988

Let me introduce this if you haven't heard about the cyber attack during zelensky's speech, Israel cyber Knesset detected a possible attempt to sabotage the transmission. I do not wish to speculate but I do think that Israel is in the position america once was, basically to recognize their position in the world at this time seems fair.

BBS Signature

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-20 20:31:44

At 3/20/22 08:28 PM, Yanclae wrote: http://go.newsfusion.com/defense-news/item/8186988
Let me introduce this if you haven't heard about the cyber attack during zelensky's speech, Israel cyber Knesset detected a possible attempt to sabotage the transmission. I do not wish to speculate but I do think that Israel is in the position america once was, basically to recognize their position in the world at this time seems fair.

If Putin is having the speech hacked, then it shows how desperate he is.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-21 19:26:42

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/eu_stop_fuelling_putin_war_loc/?cOsZocb

It seems there are some people in Europe still doing business with Putin in the Fossil Fuel Business. This petition came to me this morning. It has already close to 1 million signatures on it. It's a call for more public pressure during their recent meeting to discuss the war in Ukraine to get them to cease all fossil fuel business with Russia and to use alternative sources of energy to fall back on should he try to use the old need for said fossil fuels to put the squeeze on him.

Not gonna lie, the second I heard some of Europe is still working with him financially, I was absolutely disgusted. Personally I think anyone that works with someone that has no qualms killing children, my opinion on the international chains that are staying their notwithstanding. But the difference between the chains and this is that the chains are doing what they can to squeeze money out of him, which would also help cripple the economy. Whereas a business like this which requires give and take means that he is given enough money to continue to fund this operation. However, that said, like the chains, I think there's more to it than simple greed. Oil is a dirty business, both figurtatively and literally, there have been many times since the start of the Oil business, that people do anything to keep the business going including but not limited to threatening their own workers to keep going. So I'm gonna give these people the benefit of the doubt on that one. However, I suggest you all sign this. Let them know you're pissed off at them for basically stabbing you in the back with this.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-29 19:04:21

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-29 20:25:03

At 3/29/22 07:04 PM, HerbieG wrote: 2 things today:

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-29 22:02:44

At 3/29/22 07:04 PM, HerbieG wrote: 2 things today:

That's the first I've heard to that effect. Until a news source and not a tweet confirms it, I remain skeptical. Remember how many news scoops ended up being completely wrong over the past five years?

That being said, I wonder if it might have anything to do with supplies/scarcity, such as the fact a lot of rail supply lines go through Russia and the high possibility of fuel rationing in Europe. A Congresscritter could look at that and say "hell no, not in my country." He/she would probably get a good deal of support, because they could pose the question: With so much going on over here, and a looming recession, why the fuck are we sending shitloads of money to, let alone getting involved in, Ukraine? Joe Sixpack is not gonna give a shit about NATO or the UN.

Gas is $5/gallon in some parts of the US (higher in Europe), and there is going to be a lot of economic pain for Americans and Europeans as well as a result of these sanctions. Which begs the question: How much economic pain are people willing to tolerate to help out a country most people can't find on a map?

I'm willing to bet a lot less than Western leaders think. It's a game of chicken between Putin and EU/US, and it's just a matter of who blinks first. I'm guessing the West.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-30 00:21:32

Reminder for the defenders and those communicating with them to maintain media discipline. Basic loose lips sink ships

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tnfh7i/please_spread_this_as_quickly_as_possible_before/

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-03-31 23:55:14

Literally all of this content has been lifted from reddit. If you want to help Ukraine take the money you spend on supporter status and send it to Saint Javelin instead.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-04-08 11:46:49

Thought this belonged in here:

F*ck Putin!

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS