00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AMYHALFDEAD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to help Ukraine thread

9,597 Views | 100 Replies

At 2/27/22 10:18 AM, HerbieG wrote: Recently this thread:
https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1494159/1
has been started where you can find lots of important information about the ongoing Russian invasion on Ukraine.

But just reading and talking about it is not enough. We need to act as well.

Newgrounds can and should be considered as a haven of freedom and Vladimir Putin is currently one of the main worldwide threats against freedom. So we should do something. This is a fight between the desire for freedom and a will to enslave and bully the whole free world. And countries like Sweden, Finland, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia can be next.

I'll list some things here that in my opinion can be done to help the Ukrainian nation. If you want to take part in this important survey please use the list mentioned below.
@TomFulp - I hope you won't consider this as too radical and even will support it in any way.
Feel free to add your suggestions as well:

Stay strong and united and Vladimir Putin won't win this confrontation.

I will report Razorfist (a YouTuber) an obvious autocrat. Is a mouth piece for Russians.

As a guy who you shouldnt trust on politics.

Just passing by, just wanted to post one thought :)

There were many wars and military conflicts in internet era, and this is the first one, in which the weaker side got massive support from American and European people (BTW - not the whole world). This made me wonder, what is special with Ukrainian people. Why they deserved such support, while others didn't... Which leads me to conclusion, that no one actually cares about people and lives. The only thing, that make Ukraine special - is their enemy, Russia. And American propaganda made a very good job, to make people hate Russia (which in some cases transforms into hating Russian people).

Well, if you think, supporting Ukraine and donating to their funds make you a good person - ok.

But it's interesting to think, would you do the same thing, if that was a local conflict, and no one was speaking about it 24/7 in news? Some people are dying somewhere... who actually cares, right? =)

P.s. War is a very complex thing. There are no just good guys, and bad guys...

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-08-15 19:04:32

At 8/15/22 06:34 PM, OPTlMUS wrote: Just passing by, just wanted to post one thought :)
There were many wars and military conflicts in internet era, and this is the first one, in which the weaker side got massive support from American and European people (BTW - not the whole world). This made me wonder, what is special with Ukrainian people. Why they deserved such support, while others didn't... Which leads me to conclusion, that no one actually cares about people and lives. The only thing, that make Ukraine special - is their enemy, Russia. And American propaganda made a very good job, to make people hate Russia (which in some cases transforms into hating Russian people).

Well, if you think, supporting Ukraine and donating to their funds make you a good person - ok.
But it's interesting to think, would you do the same thing, if that was a local conflict, and no one was speaking about it 24/7 in news? Some people are dying somewhere... who actually cares, right? =)

Many people support Palestine and condemn Israel. I'm not going to comment on that, just stating a fact. Same with what happened in Afghanistan decades ago.

There have been some invasions done by islamist groups, the latest of which was done by al-shabaab. What can Russia sympathists possibly do to, say, a random teacher in the US, compared to some crazy muslim who wants to collect the sweet sweet money and glory from some Fatwas? People don't condemn those because they're afraid. They know they can shout "fuck Putin" anywhere they want in their country without fear. You can't even show a picture of mohammed without getting a death threat or two.

Then there's the fact that Ukraine is right next to NATO and the EU borders. Everyone feels very threatened. If a NATO member is afraid, so is everyone else. USA is a NATO member too. We're all involved. But I'm sure that people from South Africa and other non-NATO countries don't care as much as us. Finland shares a border with Russia. They want to join NATO, but Putin keeps escalating.

Finally, there are the actual invasions for a reason. A real reason, not a "denazification of Ukraine". Gambia was invaded in 2017 by some western african countries to deal with a dictator. Everyone was pretty much on board with it, even the US, the UN and China. It's something that the western world will never see the repercussions, and can only send well-wishes.

Now, I'm not going to pretend that Ukraine is a bastion of free speech and equality, but it did not deserve an invasion. They have a democratic government, not a dictator. They don't have their military flexing at the border. The vast majority of people in Europe support them because:

• They understand that what happened was wrong
  • They could very well be next
  • There's an obvious emergency situation, which shut up the most hardcore conservatives and their hatred for refugees

In my PFP there's Andrew "If her age is on the clock" Orluk, aka @DioShiba. He's a self-declared MAP, according to his own twitter. Hide your kids!

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-08-26 12:33:24

At 8/15/22 06:34 PM, OPTlMUS wrote: Just passing by, just wanted to post one thought :)

To be honest your claim simplifies the nature of how certain countries view Russia. In fact for the most part it has very little to do with America and why we didn't agree with Communism.

You have several countries like Poland for example that had issues being under Soviet rule and there were several people that were highly critical of the USSR. If anything putting aside how they were a satellite state for them at one point and how their economy affected them, they wanted out. Especially considering the peace pact that Stalin made with Hitler and allowing Nazi Germany invaded Poland as a result ended up souring whatever relations we had with them.

This goes without saying that artists from other countries on the Eastern Bloc at the time had their say on how they felt about the Iron Curtain. One such example is Jiri Trnka who had an issue with how the USSR wanted nothing but propaganda from artists rather than allowing them to have any sort of artistic freedom.

If anything countries that know of the history revolving around Russia knows that they have historically invaded and fucked over countries, even before WWII. Russia has always been pissed about losing those countries after the collapse of the Soviet Union and given that there are countries that want nothing to do with them, that's reason enough for some of us to actually care and express support in whatever way we can. Even if not through donation there have been several other things such as the internet and several resources that have helped Ukraine's war effort.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2022-10-12 21:54:46

Putin’s blunder means Moscow is running out of ammunition, says U.K. spy chief

Months of crippling economic sanctions may be eroding Russia’s ability to wage war against Ukraine, with stockpiles of weapons, ammunition, and heavy ordnance like the cruise missiles that hit Kyiv Monday running low.

At 8/15/22 07:04 PM, Deven91 wrote:

Many people support Palestine and condemn Israel. I'm not going to comment on that, just stating a fact. Same with what happened in Afghanistan decades ago.

The Palestinians didn't receive nearly as much tangible support from the world's governments than did Ukraine tho.

I think that's what he was trying to say.

Anyways I just hope this stupid war ends already so the Ukrainians and Russians can live a normal life again. Putin is the biggest fucking twat ever.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2023-01-06 15:08:16

At 1/6/23 03:02 PM, cyanscarf wrote:
At 10/12/22 09:54 PM, EdyKel wrote: Putin’s blunder means Moscow is running out of ammunition, says U.K. spy chief
Fucking thank you, chef, we've had that shit rolling for at least 8 months.
An obvious fucking lie to keep the war going.

Not really, considering that Putin expected the war to be over in a month or two, but is now having to get his ammunition from NK and Iran while facing all sorts of production problems at home.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2023-01-06 15:31:25

At 1/6/23 03:25 PM, cyanscarf wrote:
At 1/6/23 03:08 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 10/12/22 09:54 PM, EdyKel wrote: Putin’s blunder means Moscow is running out of ammunition, says U.K. spy chief
Not really, considering that Putin expected the war to be over in a month or two, but is now having to get his ammunition from NK and Iran while facing all sorts of production problems at home.
And who exactly said that war would end in a month or two, not counting the ukrainian news sources? Things like "conquering Kyiv in three days" and all that jazz is a part of ukrainian propaganda to prove to the western audience that their financial support is fully reasonable.

Also as I can see in my city specifically, there are, in fact, damaged infrastructure, that is destroyed with mostly russian-made rockets, not the Iranian drones.

Like I said, Putin thought he would just roll over Ukraine in a month or two, but now it may prove to be his Waterloo with all the unexpected international backlash against his invasion.

Sure, Russia had to redouble their efforts on producing those missile to target civilian areas, but luckily the evil West is supplying Ukraine with missile defense systems so they can shoot most of them down before they kill innocent civilians.

At 1/7/23 01:24 AM, cyanscarf wrote:
At 1/6/23 03:31 PM, EdyKel wrote:
And who exactly said that war would end in a month or two, not counting the ukrainian news sources? Things like "conquering Kyiv in three days" and all that jazz is a part of ukrainian propaganda to prove to the western audience that their financial support is fully reasonable.

Also as I can see in my city specifically, there are, in fact, damaged infrastructure, that is destroyed with mostly russian-made rockets, not the Iranian drones.
Like I said, Putin thought he would just roll over Ukraine in a month or two, but now it may prove to be his Waterloo with all the unexpected international backlash against his invasion.

Sure, Russia had to redouble their efforts on producing those missile to target civilian areas, but luckily the evil West is supplying Ukraine with missile defense systems so they can shoot most of them down before they kill innocent civilians.
Yeah, the same missile defense systems that made a happy accident in Poland not so long ago.
I thought it was that time when everybody figured out that something fucked up is happening when ukrainian air defense misses the target.

So, you are complaining about an accident that killed 2 people, while ignoring the fact that Russia routinely targets civilians areas, destroying residential areas, and infrastructure, that has led to thousands of innocents injured and killed - all so you can suck on Putin's ego?

Still, I didn't hear anything about this in any of ukrainian news sources. Only attempts to disprove the claim about incident in Poland. Well, everybody seem to forget it now.

I'm sure you didn't, even though we all of know that it happend, and that Ukraine admitted as much, which is more than your Russian propaganda you suck on has admitted to the intentional atrocities as mentioned above.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2023-01-07 02:39:05

At 1/7/23 02:19 AM, cyanscarf wrote:
At 1/7/23 02:07 AM, EdyKel wrote:

Yeah, the same missile defense systems that made a happy accident in Poland not so long ago.
I thought it was that time when everybody figured out that something fucked up is happening when ukrainian air defense misses the target.
So, you are complaing about an accident that killed 2 people, while ignoring the fact that Russia routinely targets civilians areas, destroying residential areas, and infrastructure, that has led to thousands of innocents injured and killed - all so you can suck on Putin's dick?
Did I expect you to literally compare lost human lives and try to offend opponent personally? Yeah, I did.
You ukrainian propagandists have all this shit packed in your manifesto, Podolyak's tweets can say more than I will bother to.

But yet, I'm surprised you're blind enough to not being able to spot the moral difference between the full-scope war with obvious consequences by Russia and attempts to hide murder under countless "acts of justice" by that lil brave country somewhere in Eastern Europe, just to rob the rest of Europe again and again.

Dude, lay off the drugs. I know you are desperate to deny the reality here in order to suck on Putin's homicidal dick, but you are only hurting yourself with that love affair.

Response to How to help Ukraine thread 2023-01-07 16:03:51

At 1/7/23 03:54 PM, cyanscarf wrote:
At 1/7/23 02:39 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/7/23 02:19 AM, cyanscarf wrote:
At 1/7/23 02:07 AM, EdyKel wrote:

So, you are complaing about an accident that killed 2 people, while ignoring the fact that Russia routinely targets civilians areas, destroying residential areas, and infrastructure, that has led to thousands of innocents injured and killed - all so you can suck on Putin's dick?
Did I expect you to literally compare lost human lives and try to offend opponent personally? Yeah, I did.
You ukrainian propagandists have all this shit packed in your manifesto, Podolyak's tweets can say more than I will bother to.
But yet, I'm surprised you're blind enough to not being able to spot the moral difference between the full-scope war with obvious consequences by Russia and attempts to hide murder under countless "acts of justice" by that lil brave country somewhere in Eastern Europe, just to rob the rest of Europe again and again.
Dude, lay off the drugs. I know you are desperate to deny the reality here in order to suck on Putin's homicidal dick, but you are only hurting yourself with that love affair.
Still crying about gay prides not being a thing in Russia, huh?

Now, that is out of know where. You must be really desperate to deflect from the fact that Russia invaded a peaceful country, injured and killed thousands of innocent civilians there, all for the ego of it's dictator, with you promoting their state controlled propganad to make Ukraine into the bad guy here.

don'twant to ctritize a country that has injured and killed