00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biggergayballs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio?

2,388 Views | 80 Replies

Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 07:40:10

So apparently a bunch of chemicals spilled from a train. The EPA says everything's fine.

The White House turned down East Palestine’s FEMA request, implying the disaster wasn’t quite big enough. But Biden administration also says “What East Palestine needs is much more expansive than what FEMA can provide.”

It gives me shitty vibes of incompetence.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 08:25:45

It was incompetence on both sides of the isle sadly. I don't know who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to do a controlled burn because of it they made one of the biggest environmental disasters in history. Everyone involved in making the decision to handle this situation the way they did needs to be fired and charged, and the federal government is just as bad.

But then again I would expect no less than an America last president who would sooner give relief to the people of Turkey than the very people he is supposed to working for.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 08:31:13

At 2/20/23 08:25 AM, LittleWashu wrote: It was incompetence on both sides of the isle sadly. I don't know who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to do a controlled burn because of it they made one of the biggest environmental disasters in history. Everyone involved in making the decision to handle this situation the way they did needs to be fired and charged, and the federal government is just as bad.

But then again I would expect no less than an America last president who would sooner give relief to the people of Turkey than the very people he is supposed to working for.

Tbh I think the money going to foreign countries is just being laundered, so as long as it doesn't benefit them they wouldn't spend a penny on helping regular folk like you and me.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 11:38:00

At 2/20/23 08:31 AM, UncleLad wrote:
At 2/20/23 08:25 AM, LittleWashu wrote: But then again I would expect no less than an America last president who would sooner give relief to the people of Turkey than the very people he is supposed to working for.
Tbh I think the money going to foreign countries is just being laundered, so as long as it doesn't benefit them they wouldn't spend a penny on helping regular folk like you and me.

to both your points,

iu_901993_7843618.jpg

Artist credit: George Alexopoulus

hello

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 11:58:26

Uh, other than the fact that it is pretty fucking bad, and this isn't go be just Ohio's problem once that toxic shit runs down the major rivers to other states.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 12:53:04

At 2/20/23 11:58 AM, ZomAlien wrote: Uh, other than the fact that it is pretty fucking bad, and this isn't go be just Ohio's problem once that toxic shit runs down the major rivers to other states.

Now these are just projections, but I have seen graphs that it could reach the Mississippi. Albeit in very diluted amounts.

But still, phosphene gas is used in chemical weapons. It’s an element sure but how much does the human body need need besides like micrograms per year?

Not to mention, prevailing winds have pushed some of it north, and parts of Canada are seeing rainbow-colored snow on the ground. Do not eat that snow cone, Canadians.

And let’s not forget west Pennsylvania and Kentucky…..

This is an ecological disaster. No overstatement necessary.

hello

A few things, since I already dealt with one poster trying to compare this to WW1.

First, as far as I can tell, Republican Governor DeWine has only recently asked for government assistance, but has yet to issue an emergency declaration over this.

Second of all, Republicans have gone out of their way to cut the EPA Budget over the decades, while Ohio has their own EPA branch.

This is looking more and more like a Republican manufactured outrage, and shifting blame, in an important election state.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 13:33:26

At 2/20/23 08:25 AM, LittleWashu wrote: But then again I would expect no less than an America last president who would sooner give relief to the people of Turkey than the very people he is supposed to working for.

Turkey was subjected to a 6.4 magnitude earthquake that’s left more than 40,000 dead.

I totally didn’t expect to see the Turkey earthquake mentioned in this thread, because there’s no equivalency between that situation and a toxic train derailment.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-20 18:43:13

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-21 23:45:32

At 2/20/23 12:53 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 2/20/23 11:58 AM, ZomAlien wrote: Uh, other than the fact that it is pretty fucking bad, and this isn't go be just Ohio's problem once that toxic shit runs down the major rivers to other states.
Now these are just projections, but I have seen graphs that it could reach the Mississippi. Albeit in very diluted amounts.

But still, phosphene gas is used in chemical weapons. It’s an element sure but how much does the human body need need besides like micrograms per year?

I knew it!!! The memes were right! Ohio really is plotting an invasion!!!

CALL THE REPUBLICANS, OHIO IS HOARDING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-22 03:44:44

The derailment happened close to the beginning of the month but it's not been talked about that much. Now that politicians are weighing in it's more newsworthy?

Leaving the weight of the past behind, for the uncertain future.

Poem/Short story thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-22 05:24:25

At 2/22/23 03:44 AM, SnakeBearer wrote: The derailment happened close to the beginning of the month but it's not been talked about that much. Now that politicians are weighing in it's more newsworthy?

The news literally tried distracting everybody with stupid ufo bullshit early on in the Ohio train derailment.

>The train was on fire 20 miles before complete derailment

>While going around 100 miles an hour

Not to mention that the exact same shit that's happening in Ohio. Happened in a shitty netflix film called White Noise. That was made in 2022, filmed in fucking Ohio.

The fact that even CNN is pointing this shit out is a bit off.

But probably could be CNN trying to advertise the movie maybe...

I personally think the derailment was intentional.

Also toxicology profile for vinyl chloride was updated not long before the train derailment. Probably just coincidence, but something worth taking note.

Now enjoy hearing an old man yelling at the clouds.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-22 07:23:44

My opinion: Why the fuck do you name a town East Palestine?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-22 09:51:21

At 2/22/23 05:24 AM, Dolorious wrote: I personally think the derailment was intentional.

Good grief.

This thread is its own train-wreck.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-22 14:54:06

At 2/22/23 05:24 AM, Dolorious wrote:
At 2/22/23 03:44 AM, SnakeBearer wrote: The derailment happened close to the beginning of the month but it's not been talked about that much. Now that politicians are weighing in it's more newsworthy?
The news literally tried distracting everybody with stupid ufo bullshit early on in the Ohio train derailment.
Not to mention that the exact same shit that's happening in Ohio. Happened in a shitty netflix film called White Noise. That was made in 2022, filmed in fucking Ohio.

Also toxicology profile for vinyl chloride was updated not long before the train derailment. Probably just coincidence, but something worth taking note.

Or, perhaps, it's was just misguided policies that led to it: Yes, a train safety rule was repealed in 2018

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 00:32:31

At 2/22/23 02:54 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Or, perhaps, it's was just misguided policies that led to it: Yes, a train safety rule was repealed in 2018

Yet Biden didn't do shit to change that. He had plenty of time to change that but didn't.

At 2/23/23 12:32 AM, Dolorious wrote:

Yet Biden didn't do shit to change that. He had plenty of time to change that but didn't.

Meanwhile, as you are spinning conspiracies over this, and arguing that Biden needed to time travel to fix the situation, Trump is giving away free Trump brand water to the victims of Palestine, Ohio, while also throwing MAGA hats inside McDonalds, and talking about jets... As He campaigns off the tragedy that he may have had a hand in...

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 02:07:00

At 2/23/23 12:55 AM, EdyKel wrote:

Meanwhile, as you are spinning conspiracies over this, and arguing that Biden needed to time travel to fix the situation, Trump is giving away free Trump brand water to the victims of Palestine, Ohio, while also throwing MAGA hats inside McDonalds, and talking about jets... As He campaigns off the tragedy that he may have had a hand in...

Time travel?!

Biden has had nearly 2 fucking years to make changes to the policies since the election.

2 years is a lot of time to change that policy.

Yet here we are.

At 2/23/23 02:07 AM, Dolorious wrote:

Time travel?!
Biden has had nearly 2 fucking years to make changes to the policies since the election.
Yet here we are.

Yeah, and he's also had a butt load of things to do in that time period. And reversing all the dumb things Trump has done would take years on top of that. And unlike you, he didn't have the luxury of clairvoyance, or 20/20 vision, that something like this was imminent. Even if he had reversed it, it wouldn't have mattered because it was already set in motion by several years (2018), and it would have taken several more years for train companies to comply and address it under new regulations - since govermnet regulations are never instantaneous once put into law.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 02:54:07

At 2/23/23 02:30 AM, EdyKel wrote:

Time travel?!
Yet here we are.
Yeah, and he's also had a butt load of things to do in that time period. And reversing all the dumb things Trump has done would take years on top of that. And unlike you, he didn't have the luxury of clairvoyance, or 20/20 vision, that something like this was imminent. Even if he had reversed it, it wouldn't have mattered because it was already set in motion by several years (2018), and it would have taken several more years for train companies to comply and address it under new regulations - since govermnet regulations are never instantaneous once put into law.

It doesn't take clairvoyance or 20/20 vision to see that safety regulations such as rail safety regulations being withdrawn, would create serious problems. Also it's funny how you mentioned "Even if he had reversed it". Because if he had done something about it. Even if the process would take some time. It would still be better than not doing shit about it.

At 2/23/23 02:54 AM, Dolorious wrote:

Time travel?!
Yet here we are.
It doesn't take clairvoyance or 20/20 vision to see that safety regulations such as rail safety regulations being withdrawn, would create serious problems. Also it's funny how you mentioned "Even if he had reversed it". Because if he had done something about it. Even if the process would take some time. It would still be better than not doing shit about it.

Yeah, I doubt very much this was ever on your mind until I pointed it out to you. Now, it's important to you, which means it wasn't important to you before. I only brought it up to dispel your conspiracy, not deal with you mental gymnastics on how you still think it's Biden's fault, if only because he didn't revers a Trump era deregulation, something you weren't even aware of.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 03:45:15

At 2/23/23 03:12 AM, EdyKel wrote:

Time travel?!
Yet here we are.
Yeah, I doubt very much this was ever on your mind until I pointed it out to you. Now, it's important to you, which means it wasn't important to you before. I only brought it up to dispel your conspiracy, not deal with you mental gymnastics on how you still think it's Biden's fault, if only because he didn't revers a Trump era deregulation, something you weren't even aware of.

Bold of you to assume I wasn't already aware of the policy before you pointed it out Edy. And I've had the same thought of "and yet Biden didn't do shit about it". Anyways, is it or is it not a presidents job to be aware of this shit? Especially policy changes around our infrastructure made by a previous president? The media sure as hell wouldn't shut up about all the changes the orange man made being bad. With that, provides good fucking reason to look over the changes that the orange man made in his era. Which is shit that has been before across many presidents.

But that thought didn't cross your mind huh?

At 2/23/23 03:45 AM, Dolorious wrote:

Time travel?!
Yet here we are.
Bold of you to assume I wasn't already aware of the policy before you pointed it out Edy. And I've had the same thought of "and yet Biden didn't do shit about it". Anyways, is it or is it not a presidents job to be aware of this shit? Especially policy changes around our infrastructure made by a previous president? The media sure as hell wouldn't shut up about all the changes the orange man made being bad. With that, provides good fucking reason to look over the changes that the orange man made in his era. Which is shit that has been before across many presidents.

Please don't lie. You were never aware of it.

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 19:29:30

At 2/23/23 11:34 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/22/23 03:44 AM, SnakeBearer wrote:
The derailment happened close to the beginning of the month but it's not been talked about that much. Now that politicians are weighing in it's more newsworthy?

Time travel?!
Yet here we are.

I was made aware of it around a week ago by other internet forums/sites bringing it up. You weren't the first to bring up this information to me at all. The whole shitshow around Ohio was kept relatively quiet during the whole news reporting nothing but UFO shit around the same time of Ohio's train derailment, that is causing rivers full of fish to straight up fucking die. And I can make the same argument you made here around that shit where msn deemed UFO bullshit more important than Chernobyl 2.0 in Ohio. And when the UFO distraction died down and the shit getting real fucked in Ohio. MSN finally decides that NOW is the time to make meaningful reports on that shitshow.

I mentioned earlier how weird it was for CNN to be comparing the situation of Ohio to be identical to the movie White Noise. It's weird because making that kind of specific comparison is in the territory of what those same fucks would deem "conspiracy nonsense" for even bringing it up. Hell some people on a Korean basket weaving forum noticed that comparison not fucking long after the derailment. That was way before even MSN gave much of damn about what was happening in Ohio.

It doesn't fucking help that the local news was trying to downplay this shit. The water is safe and effective!

iu_904973_9507916.webp

At 2/23/23 07:29 PM, Dolorious wrote:
At 2/23/23 11:34 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/22/23 05:24 AM, Dolorious wrote: At 2/22/23 03:44 AM, SnakeBearer wrote:

Time travel?!
Yet here we are.
I was made aware of it around a week ago by other internet forums/sites bringing it up. You weren't the first to bring up this information to me at all. The whole shitshow around Ohio was kept relatively quiet during the whole news reporting nothing but UFO shit around the same time of Ohio's train derailment, that is causing rivers full of fish to straight up fucking die. And I can make the same argument you made here around that shit where msn deemed UFO bullshit more important than Chernobyl 2.0 in Ohio. And when the UFO distraction died down and the shit getting real fucked in Ohio. MSN finally decides that NOW is the time to make meaningful reports on that shitshow.

I mentioned earlier how weird it was for CNN to be comparing the situation of Ohio to be identical to the movie White Noise. It's weird because making that kind of specific comparison is in the territory of what those same fucks would deem "conspiracy nonsense" for even bringing it up. Hell some people on a Korean basket weaving forum noticed that comparison not fucking long after the derailment. That was way before even MSN gave much of damn about what was happening in Ohio.

It doesn't fucking help that the local news was trying to downplay this shit. The water is safe and effective!

Dude, just stop, you are not helping your case. You are just paranoid. I mean, you screen-shot posts around here, for Christ sake, because you are convinced of some nefarious conspiracy by the goverment to delete posts to hide the truth on NewGrounds. NewGrounds! If a post gets deleted it's either broke the rules, the poster asked for it to be deleted, or it's just plain stupid, and it's done by a mod. No need to always feed your ego with some dumb conspiracy that only you can see.

At 2/23/23 07:41 PM, EdyKel wrote: Dude, just stop, you are not helping your case. You are just paranoid. I mean, you screen-shot posts around here, for Christ sake, because you are convinced of some nefarious conspiracy by the goverment to delete posts to hide the truth on NewGrounds. NewGrounds! If a post gets deleted it's either broke the rules, the poster asked for it to be deleted, or it's just plain stupid, and it's done by a mod. No need to always feed your ego with some dumb conspiracy that only you can see.

The guy read about it a week ago and lays blame entirely at the feet of BIden. Fuckwad said nothing about it at all when Trump made those changes during his presidency and then pretends to be aware of it back when Trump was still president.

I don't know what these people are on, but it must be some goofy shit. Also lmao @ screenshotting posts and thinking he's being silenced. I've seen my posts get deleted as well as others', but not once did I think it was because of a conspiracy lol. Hey buddy, truth.social is over there -->

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 19:55:35

At 2/23/23 07:29 PM, Dolorious wrote: It doesn't fucking help that the local news was trying to downplay this shit. The water is safe and effective!

Besides the fact that this Twitter account appears to be pumping out pro-J6 Tweets 24-7,

It looks like he’s adopted “vinyl chloride is toxic over 1ppm” with the OSHA permissible exposure limit for an 8-hour period (cl 1910.1017(c)(1)). I doubt that is the PPM in an open air environment.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 21:04:50

At 2/23/23 07:43 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 2/23/23 07:41 PM, EdyKel wrote: Dude, just stop, you are not helping your case. You are just paranoid. I mean, you screen-shot posts around here, for Christ sake, because you are convinced of some nefarious conspiracy by the goverment to delete posts to hide the truth on NewGrounds. NewGrounds! If a post gets deleted it's either broke the rules, the poster asked for it to be deleted, or it's just plain stupid, and it's done by a mod. No need to always feed your ego with some dumb conspiracy that only you can see.
The guy read about it a week ago and lays blame entirely at the feet of BIden. Fuckwad said nothing about it at all when Trump made those changes during his presidency and then pretends to be aware of it back when Trump was still president.

I don't know what these people are on, but it must be some goofy shit. Also lmao @ screenshotting posts and thinking he's being silenced. I've seen my posts get deleted as well as others', but not once did I think it was because of a conspiracy lol. Hey buddy, truth.social is over there -->

2018 was 2 years before I actually gave much a shit about politics. I only started to really pay attention once 2020 hit. Before then I was focused on making animations and 3d modeling before my old pc shit itself. (Thankfully I have a different pc now, but it's pretty outdated compared to most other desktops.)

Response to Opinion on East Palestine, Ohio? 2023-02-23 22:05:52

At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Dolorious wrote:
At 2/23/23 07:43 PM, Gimmick wrote:

2018 was 2 years before I actually gave much a shit about politics. I only started to really pay attention once 2020 hit. Before then I was focused on making animations and 3d modeling before my old pc shit itself. (Thankfully I have a different pc now, but it's pretty outdated compared to most other desktops.)

I think people are just basing their opinion on you from your many conspiracies in the political section...