00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Toffea just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About DILBERT creator's racist rant

2,707 Views | 91 Replies

Hi. I learned recently that Scott Adams, the man who created the Dilbert comic strip, got his strip dropped from hundreds of newspapers because of a racist rant he made about African Americans on YouTube:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/27/media/dilbert-distributor-scott-adams/index.html

He referred to a poll that was taken and called African Americans a "hate group" and said that "White Americans should get the hell away from them."

He went on to say that "he wants nothing to do with them."

What does he mean by "hate group"? Was he referring specifically to groups like the BLM people? I'm an African American. I'm not hung up on things like race and culture. I'm a Christian - I don't hate anyone.

I don't support groups like the BLM people - they are a bunch of Black Nazis.

To paraphrase, comedian Marvin Webster said in a radio show once that what one African American says, does or what happens to one is NOT a referendum on all African Americans in America.

Not all African Americans are the same.

I am wondering WHY Mr. Adams referred to African Americans as a "hate group".

That was stupid of him to say what he said - he probably could have worded himself differently. His comments inadvertently encouraged segregation. I am glad newspapers dropped his strip. I used to like and read Dilbert.

I lost respect for Mr. Adams. I'm wondering what's wrong with him.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 10:13:37

At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I learned recently that Scott Adams, the man who created the Dilbert comic strip, got his strip dropped from hundreds of newspapers because of a racist rant he made about African Americans on YouTube:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/27/media/dilbert-distributor-scott-adams/index.html

He referred to a poll that was taken and called African Americans a "hate group" and said that "White Americans should get the hell away from them."

What does he mean by "hate group"? Was he referring specifically to groups like the BLM people? I'm an African American. I'm not hung up on things like race and culture. I'm a Christian - I don't hate anyone.

To paraphrase, comedian Marvin Webster said in a radio show once that what one African American says, does or what happens to one is NOT a referendum on all African Americans in America.

That was stupid of him to say what he said - he probably could have worded himself differently. His comments inadvertently encouraged segregation. I am glad newspapers dropped his strip. I used to like and read Dilbert.

My guess would be cause that group commits the most crime and blames others the most for their problems? Could also just be bad experience and is just done with them.

Not like it matters. Everyone doesnt have to like everyone. Its his choice. Dilbert dude doesnt have any meaning to anything other than himself.

Its more scary how the higher ups would just trash your work just because you said something against the sheep.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 10:18:55

At 2/28/23 10:13 AM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I learned recently that Scott Adams, the man who created the Dilbert comic strip, got his strip dropped from hundreds of newspapers because of a racist rant he made about African Americans on YouTube:

My guess would be cause that group commits the most crime and blames others the most for their problems? Could also just be bad experience and is just done with them.

Not like it matters. Everyone doesnt have to like everyone. Its his choice. Dilbert dude doesnt have any meaning to anything other than himself.

Its more scary how the higher ups would just trash your work just because you said something against the sheep.

Well Mr. Adams just landed himself in hot water. He probably should have chosen his words more wisely. His strip got dropped from 100's of newspapers and some upcoming books he was working on won't be published.

I think what he did made as much sense as Will Smith slugging Chris Rock as thr Oscars last year.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 10:41:46

At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: He referred to a poll that was taken and called African Americans a "hate group" and said that "White Americans should get the hell away from them."

What does he mean by "hate group"? Was he referring specifically to groups like the BLM people?

His racist rant made no mention of Black Lives Matter and he said he moved to a different neighborhood specifically because there were few black people there. So it is very clear-cut that he meant all African Americans are a hate group.

Because he is a racist. He has gotten very bigoted over the years, so his rant was not out of the blue.

That was stupid of him to say what he said - he probably could have worded himself differently. His comments inadvertently encouraged segregation.

Not "inadvertently". He full-on endorses segregation. What other meaning is there for him saying "the best advice I can give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people"?

He'll most likely cry out that he is being cancelled for the next few weeks and make himself the victim, even though he is still a multi-millionaire.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 11:19:32

your guess would be wrong, it is because he saw that 50% of black folk said they do know like a phrase associated with white supremacists, therefore they must uh be a hate group

i mean calling a good portion of the population a hate group solely because of their race is a bad idea for business, black folk read the sunday papers too

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Th guy has become more mentally unstable over the years, and what he recently said was pretty inexcusable. It's no wonder why businesses are backing away from him - except for Elon Musk, from apartheid land, who defended him.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 11:58:38

At 2/28/23 11:19 AM, Gario wrote:
your guess would be wrong, it is because he saw that 50% of black folk said they do know like a phrase associated with white supremacists, therefore they must uh be a hate group

It was 53% but that's not important.

Mr. Adams made himself look a big racist and people probably misconstrued what he said. You can't say something inflammatory in public and not think there won't be any repercussions. He was on social media when he made his racist comments. YouTube is considered a social media site.

i mean calling a good portion of the population a hate group solely because of their race is a bad idea for business, black folk read the sunday papers too

Exactly. He more than likely alienated a huge chunk of the American population who reads newspapers by saying that.

Like I said, I used to like Dilbert. I'm an American. I didn't care if it was a Black comic strip or not. We all read the same newspapers as anyone else.

At 2/28/23 10:41 AM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: He referred to a poll that was taken and called African Americans a "hate group" and said that "White Americans should get the hell away from them."

What does he mean by "hate group"? Was he referring specifically to groups like the BLM people?
His racist rant made no mention of Black Lives Matter and he said he moved to a different neighborhood specifically because there were few black people there. So it is very clear-cut that he meant all African Americans are a hate group.

Because he is a racist. He has gotten very bigoted over the years, so his rant was not out of the blue.

That was stupid of him to say what he said - he probably could have worded himself differently. His comments inadvertently encouraged segregation.
Not "inadvertently". He full-on endorses segregation. What other meaning is there for him saying "the best advice I can give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people"?

He'll most likely cry out that he is being cancelled for the next few weeks and make himself the victim, even though he is still a multi-millionaire.

Then the man is an idiot. He brought all the negativity on himself.

I used to wonder WHY I never saw any Black characters in his strip. I recall there being ONE character who was a person of color in his strip but he wasn't African American, he was Middle Eastern. He was a minor character that probably only appeared once - I think he was an intern.

Someone told me there WAS one Black character in the strip - a character that looked like a Black version of Dilbert. I never saw him in the strip, but then again, I'm not an avid reader.

I never really thought about comic strips but I used to wonder WHY a lot of old cartoons from the '80s and '90s lacked cultural diversity. African Americans are STILL a LARGE minority. You can't just act like they don't exist.

It's obvious Scott Adams is racist. Someone I know said he probably said what he said because he got old and thus is the reason for him lacking filter. He doesn't care.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 12:08:35

At 2/28/23 11:50 AM, EdyKel wrote: Th guy has become more mentally unstable over the years, and what he recently said was pretty inexcusable.

That's just what I was driving at.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 12:23:23

Mr. Adams' thinking is definitely off.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 12:26:03

Scott Adams is an idiot if he thinks ALL African Americans are bad people.

There are bad people in every culture.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 12:37:27

At 2/28/23 12:07 PM, ngman7 wrote: Then the man is an idiot. He brought all the negativity on himself.

I used to wonder WHY I never saw any Black characters in his strip. I recall there being ONE character who was a person of color in his strip but he wasn't African American, he was Middle Eastern. He was a minor character that probably only appeared once - I think he was an intern.

Someone told me there WAS one Black character in the strip - a character that looked like a Black version of Dilbert. I never saw him in the strip, but then again, I'm not an avid reader.

Apparently last year, the strip added Dave the Engineer. Which looks bad in retrospect.

iu_908952_8405675.webp

I never really thought about comic strips but I used to wonder WHY a lot of old cartoons from the '80s and '90s lacked cultural diversity. African Americans are STILL a LARGE minority. You can't just act like they don't exist.

For a long time, American corporate management was, and probably still is, dominated by white men.

Dilbert is set in a corporate office, so Adams had plausible reasons for having an all white cast.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 12:45:34

At 2/28/23 12:37 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
Apparently last year, the strip added Dave the Engineer. Which looks bad in retrospect.

nah, he was never dark skinned, according to it's actual weekday publication

iu_908959_2947313.jpg

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 12:48:43

At 2/28/23 12:07 PM, ngman7 wrote: Then the man is an idiot. He brought all the negativity on himself.

LOL.

For a long time, American corporate management was, and probably still is, dominated by white men.

That has changed. There are a large number of African Americans and other people of color who work in corporate America.

Magazines like Black Enterprise are a clear indicator of this.

Dilbert is set in a corporate office, so Adams had plausible reasons for having an all white cast.

True, but as I said times have changed.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 13:01:04

At 2/28/23 12:45 PM, Gario wrote:
nah, he was never dark skinned, according to it's actual weekday publication

According to the official website, Dave is black.

In that rant, Adams did claim to identify as Black because he "wanted to be on the winning team". Take that as you will.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 13:35:56

Sure Ill take your word for it.

13% aint a good portion. Its just the current trend for big media really. Many people say "anti-white" shit yet still have their articles, products, etc up online. I do agree though, very veery bad for business to be outspoken about that shit these days.

Couldve just made a separate anon account to vent if needed honestly.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 13:40:24

At 2/28/23 01:35 PM, Cerbskies wrote:
Sure Ill take your word for it.

13% aint a good portion.

It's 14.9% according to

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blackdemographics.com/

At 2/28/23 01:35 PM, Cerbskies wrote: Many people say "anti-white" shit yet still have their articles, products, etc up online.

Maybe you could point that shit out to the sheep here, and I'll in turn I will point out a bunch of racist shit at minorities that is still up that you try to justify.

Scott Adams is and always has been sort of kooky; near the end of his book The Joy of Work, he mentioned how he believes in the principle of manifestation because of some hand-wavey quantum physics stuff (which had no bearing on what he said), and there were things about him being big on hypnosis as well elsewhere?

But yeah safe to say he either went full kook all by his lonesome after he correctly predicted Trump winning, or he got radicalized somewhere along the way. Either way, this has been a LONG time in the making - just search for his podcasts and from the titles you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't from Alex Jones.

Which is kind of a shame to see, since I loved Dilbert back in the day. Aside from Garfield it was probably the first series of comic books I bought. Now it all feels slightly tainted because looking back the signs were kind of there, but at the time you would be justified in not reading much into it. Oh well, the strips from before they switched from ties to polos were the best anyways. And nothing can tarnish the Dilbert Weasel Dance screensaver, damn it.

*edit: corrected book title

At 2/28/23 11:19 AM, Gario wrote: i mean calling a good portion of the population a hate group solely because of their race is a bad idea for business, black folk read the sunday papers too
13% aint a good portion.

Hitler started the holocaust over 500,000 jews living in germany. Even if you assume that the holocaust killed only jews (which it didn't) and that all the 6 million or so jews killed directly by it were living entirely only in germany (which for the sake of the argument implies they all collectively decided to move into a region that was actively conducting an extensive pogrom/ethnic cleansing campaign against them), they still represented less than 10% of the population of germany.

Are you truly aware of what your statement 13% aint a good portion entails?

At 2/28/23 01:35 PM, Cerbskies wrote: Couldve just made a separate anon account to vent if needed honestly.

The cretin created sock puppet accounts to praise his ideas and works and immediately got caught for it. History would've repeated itself if he tried to vent on an alt. But that doesn't make any difference because it was never his intention to do so privately. He wanted to be open about it. He became far more emboldened after Trump got elected, that he thought he could get away with saying anything.

Because it was working wonderfully for him all along. He didn't get cancelled overnight. He's been shouting from the rooftops since 2017 or so when the kook began to take hold of his brain. Nothing came of it until only recently which was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

He kept fucking around thinking he wouldn't find out, but he eventually found out. It's a very mild punishment because the dude is already set for life, but that's just my opinion.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Didnt this dude say that if Hillary Clinton won 2016, there would never be another male president

theres a video of it somewhere

EDIT:

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 15:21:02

At 2/28/23 02:53 PM, Tsarfield wrote: Didnt this dude say that if Hillary Clinton won 2016, there would never be another male president

theres a video of it somewhere

EDIT:

He also claimed that ISIS supported Hillary, and that he had to temporarily endorse her out of fear of being killed. Though, he did praise her husband. He has said a lot of crazy shit.

At 2/28/23 02:03 PM, Gimmick wrote: Scott Adams is and always has been sort of kooky; near the end of his book The Joy of Work, he mentioned how he believes in the principle of manifestation because of some hand-wavey quantum physics stuff (which had no bearing on what he said), and there were things about him being big on hypnosis as well elsewhere?

But yeah safe to say he either went full kook all by his lonesome after he correctly predicted Trump winning, or he got radicalized somewhere along the way. Either way, this has been a LONG time in the making - just search for his podcasts and from the titles you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't from Alex Jones.

Which is kind of a shame to see, since I loved Dilbert back in the day. Aside from Garfield it was probably the first series of comic books I bought. Now it all feels slightly tainted because looking back the signs were kind of there, but at the time you would be justified in not reading much into it. Oh well, the strips from before they switched from ties to polos were the best anyways. And nothing can tarnish the Dilbert Weasel Dance screensaver, damn it.

At 2/28/23 11:19 AM, Gario wrote: i mean calling a good portion of the population a hate group solely because of their race is a bad idea for business, black folk read the sunday papers too
13% aint a good portion.
Hitler started the holocaust over 500,000 jews living in germany. Even if you assume that the holocaust killed only jews (which it didn't) and that all the 6 million or so jews killed directly by it were living entirely only in germany (which for the sake of the argument implies they all collectively decided to move into a region that was actively conducting an extensive pogrom/ethnic cleansing campaign against them), they still represented less than 10% of the population of germany.

At 2/28/23 01:35 PM, Cerbskies wrote: Couldve just made a separate anon account to vent if needed honestly.
The cretin created sock puppet accounts to praise his ideas and works and immediately got caught for it. History would've repeated itself if he tried to vent on an alt. But that doesn't make any difference because it was never his intention to do so privately. He wanted to be open about it. He became far more emboldened after Trump got elected, that he thought he could get away with saying anything.

Because it was working wonderfully for him all along. He didn't get cancelled overnight. He's been shouting from the rooftops since 2017 or so when the kook began to take hold of his brain. Nothing came of it until only recently which was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

He kept fucking around thinking he wouldn't find out, but he eventually found out. It's a very mild punishment because the dude is already set for life, but that's just my opinion.

So Adams is one of these celebs who does crazy things and thinks he can get away with that because he thinks he's "untouchable". He's no different than the other White American celebs before him who got in trouble for making publicly racist comments.

At 2/28/23 03:26 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 2/28/23 02:03 PM, Gimmick wrote: Scott Adams is and always has been sort of kooky; near the end of his book The Joy of Work, he mentioned how he believes in the principle of manifestation because of some hand-wavey quantum physics stuff (which had no bearing on what he said), and there were things about him being big on hypnosis as well elsewhere?

13% aint a good portion.

So Adams is one of these celebs who does crazy things and thinks he can get away with that because he thinks he's "untouchable". He's no different than the other White American celebs before him who got in trouble for making publicly racist comments.

Dont forget Black American celebs like Kanye

or maybe he considers himself White now idk

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 19:48:32

13% aint a good portion.

African Americans are 14.9% of the total U.S. population according to

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blackdemographics.com/

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 21:01:42

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 21:15:24

At 2/28/23 09:01 PM, ngman7 wrote: On a related note I found this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-apologize-to-dilbert-comic-creator-scott-adams-for-forcing-him-to-be-racist/ar-AA181XCG?cvid=0caef3ddd26a4ddb92c60593b0d5b9af&ei=6

I really hope that people recognize this article as a satirical opinion piece as it clearly is and nothing sincere or genuine.

From what I've heard so far

He did a poll asking blacks if it was alright to be white or something.

A huge chunk of them said no in the poll and it scared the shit out of him.

But I've only been following it loosely so can't say for sure.

All I know was that and some small bits.

edit: Now that I think about it, he's been lurking in the korean basket weaving forums recently I think?

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 23:08:26

At 2/28/23 09:15 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 2/28/23 09:01 PM, ngman7 wrote: On a related note I found this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-apologize-to-dilbert-comic-creator-scott-adams-for-forcing-him-to-be-racist/ar-AA181XCG?cvid=0caef3ddd26a4ddb92c60593b0d5b9af&ei=6
I really hope that people recognize this article as a satirical opinion piece as it clearly is and nothing sincere or genuine.

At this point, I don't think Addams would recognize it as such, while Musk would be angry at what it implied.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-02-28 23:16:35

I feel like Elon Musk could get away with saying the same things Scott Adams said.

Why? Musk is filthy rich. Near $200 billion vs Adams' $75 million net worth.

And we wonder who truly needs to check their privilege. It's both of them.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

I don't really have much to add other than what's already been said.

To me it just seems like Scott Addams has become mentally unstable over the years and his only relevance is the fact that he has been in the news comics industry for some time now. The fact that he is saying shit like this is what is probably going to do him in some day given how people are.

The other thing too is that I don't really care if he believes in manifestation or other new age beliefs and what not (Because honestly, some people do believe that and feel that sense of spiritualism helps in their lives, whether they're religious or not) but what I do mind is the fact that he can't keep that shit to himself and rambles on about it and how he thinks that it's going to validate anything he says about his political beliefs.