00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About DILBERT creator's racist rant

2,706 Views | 91 Replies

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-01 01:38:34

At 2/28/23 11:17 PM, DioShiba wrote: The other thing too is that I don't really care if he believes in manifestation or other new age beliefs and what not (Because honestly, some people do believe that and feel that sense of spiritualism helps in their lives, whether they're religious or not) but what I do mind is the fact that he can't keep that shit to himself and rambles on about it and how he thinks that it's going to validate anything he says about his political beliefs.

I don't have much against his new age beliefs (even if he DID ramble a lot about them) either as they're harmless, but what it does show is a susceptibility to being manipulated and some base level of gullibility - and you don't even have the shield of it being a commonly held belief system like religion, so you're "on the fringe" in some sense. Bad actors and rubes can basically swindle and con you this way, just like how taking those "What X are you" quizzes that reveal your personal information makes you a more likely target by scammers. It's not a surefire causation, but the "wellness-to-alt-right" pipeline doesn't exactly target those who don't subscribe to fringe beliefs...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-01 06:36:18

Scott clearly knows what he is doing and is inviting the reaction lol. Which doesn't surprise me since he was always a pretty clever dude.

I hope more people poke at the cult of black worship in this country. Not a single thing they say about this society is accurate, and in many cases the exact opposite is the truth. It is one of the many examples of how truth, observable fact, etc. are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is who is holding the whip and what they believe.

No pods, no casters

At 2/28/23 11:17 PM, DioShiba wrote: I don't really have much to add other than what's already been said.

To me it just seems like Scott Addams has become mentally unstable over the years and his only relevance is the fact that he has been in the news comics industry for some time now. The fact that he is saying shit like this is what is probably going to do him in some day given how people are.

The other thing too is that I don't really care if he believes in manifestation or other new age beliefs and what not (Because honestly, some people do believe that and feel that sense of spiritualism helps in their lives, whether they're religious or not) but what I do mind is the fact that he can't keep that shit to himself and rambles on about it and how he thinks that it's going to validate anything he says about his political beliefs.

dio, my cell phone glitched and quoted you and I accidentally hit post. My bad.

what I was going to add to the conversation: can’t wait to see him get picked up by the Daily Wire. Fucking lolz

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-01 11:57:19

At 3/1/23 06:36 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Scott clearly knows what he is doing and is inviting the reaction lol. Which doesn't surprise me since he was always a pretty clever dude.

I hope more people poke at the cult of black worship in this country. Not a single thing they say about this society is accurate, and in many cases the exact opposite is the truth. It is one of the many examples of how truth, observable fact, etc. are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is who is holding the whip and what they believe.

That don't mean much coming from you. You have argued that minorities are taking over white communities, trying to kill off whites, and Trump didn't go far enough to keep immigrants out of the country. You are diffidently in your own white cult of worship.

iu_910872_11179587.webp

Scott sued Ben Garrison for this comic BTW.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 11:32:17

At 3/2/23 09:52 AM, CyberRobotnix wrote:

What a baby

hello

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 14:20:51

I pretty much only know Dilbert for its TV series that I watched as a kid and then forgot about.

Arm-Shock will never die!

BBS Signature

At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: I'm a Christian - I don't hate anyone.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for that, m8 😂

I don't support groups like the BLM people - they are a bunch of Black Nazis.

Well damn, thanks for making my point.

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 15:13:46

At 2/28/23 10:13 AM, Cerbskies wrote: My guess would be cause that group commits the most crime and blames others the most for their problems?

He said BLACK people. Why we talking about white people?

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 15:35:26

I have no idea what this comic is saying. Is Garrison saying the vaccines were responsible for Adams' rants?

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 15:38:22

There's one instance where it's ok to slap your kid. I did it once. My ex's family were Kentucky rednecks. They worshipped her kid like the second coming of Christ, because babies. They not only let him do anything he wanted, but encouraged it. Instead of making him food, they'd stand him up on the counter with the cabinets open and let him pick and change his mind what he wanted over and over. Cook one item, he refuses, THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE, cook another, and on and on.

They had this game they made up that they played with him. Light a candle, let him blow it out, relight it, let him blow it out, etc. So one day they leave a candle lit and I spot the kid reaching for it and about to shove his hand into the flame. I reach over and slap the back of his hand, to mKe him a) stop, and b)correlate his action with pain. This also works for say, kid is about to shove a fork in a light socket. This is the one instance where causing pain can be educational. Or, like, maybe cover your sockets with those plastic covers a d don't play games with open flame or leave candles burning at toddle height. That would be preferable.

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 17:14:01

At 3/2/23 03:35 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
I have no idea what this comic is saying. Is Garrison saying the vaccines were responsible for Adams' rants?

I'm pretty sure it just illustrates Adams mental state, which changes on a dime.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 20:05:54

At 3/2/23 03:09 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

Welcome to an Ngman7 thread

At 3/2/23 08:05 PM, DioShiba wrote:

He also claims to be black, who got punched by a black guy for calling him a N-word - and he was confused by that reaction. He's....something else...

At 3/2/23 08:12 PM, EdyKel wrote:

He also claims to be black, who got punched by a black guy for calling him a N-word - and he was confused by that reaction. He's....something else...

Ngman7 is still Uncle Ruckus imho.

If anything if he isn’t black then I’d rip on him for that, but even then he still has me blocked because I offended him by calling him a hypocrite amongst a few other things.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 21:26:41

I called a young man a "negro" NOT the n-word. He was a thug. He confused "negro" for the n-word.

At 3/2/23 09:26 PM, ngman7 wrote:

I called a young man a "negro" NOT the n-word. He was a thug. He confused "negro" for the n-word.

iu_911411_3993712.png

thats still racist… color me shocked

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 22:06:11

The n-word is a racist corruption of "negro".

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 22:09:38

At 3/2/23 02:20 PM, shockabe wrote: I pretty much only know Dilbert for its TV series that I watched as a kid and then forgot about.

I vaguely remember the TV series. It wasn't great. I remember seeing a bunch of animated series, made-for-TV movies and TV specials based on comic strips as a kid.

Stuff based on Garfield and Peanuts was very popular.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 22:15:44

At 2/28/23 10:18 AM, ngman7 wrote:
At 2/28/23 10:13 AM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I learned recently that Scott Adams, the man who created the Dilbert comic strip, got his strip dropped from hundreds of newspapers because of a racist rant he made about African Americans on YouTube:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/27/media/dilbert-distributor-scott-adams/index.html

He referred to a poll that was taken and called African Americans a "hate group" and said that "White Americans should get the hell away from them."

He went on to say that "he wants nothing to do with them."

What does he mean by "hate group"? Was he referring specifically to groups like the BLM people? I'm an African American. I'm not hung up on things like race and culture. I'm a Christian - I don't hate anyone.

To paraphrase, comedian Marvin Webster said in a radio show once that what one African American says, does or what happens to one is NOT a referendum on all African Americans in America.

Not all African Americans are the same.

I am wondering WHY Mr. Adams referred to African Americans as a "hate group".

That was stupid of him to say what he said - he probably could have worded himself differently. His comments inadvertently encouraged segregation. I am glad newspapers dropped his strip. I used to like and read Dilbert.

I lost respect for Mr. Adams. I'm wondering what's wrong with him.
My guess would be cause that group commits the most crime and blames others the most for their problems? Could also just be bad experience and is just done with them.

Not like it matters. Everyone doesnt have to like everyone. Its his choice. Dilbert dude doesnt have any meaning to anything other than himself.

Its more scary how the higher ups would just trash your work just because you said something against the sheep.
Well Mr. Adams just landed himself in hot water. He probably should have chosen his words more wisely. His strip got dropped from 100's of newspapers and some upcoming books he was working on won't be published.

I think what he did made as much sense as Will Smith slugging Chris Rock at the Oscars last year.

- FIXED.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 22:34:47

Yeah, well, don't call complete strangers on the street that word, if only to ask for the time from them, because not everyone thinks it's an okay word to be called - even if you thought he was a thug and was okay with being called that.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-02 22:47:33

At 3/2/23 10:34 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Yeah, well, don't call complete strangers on the street that word, if only to ask for the time from them, because not everyone thinks it's an okay word to be called - even if you thought he was a thug and was okay with being called that.

I wasn't thinking straight when I approached that young man for the time. When I saw he wasn't responding when I asked him politely for the time the first few times, I should have left well enough alone, brushed it off and kept walking.

The minute I sensed something was off about him I should have gotten away from him them.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-03 00:19:42

At 3/1/23 01:38 AM, Gimmick wrote:
At 2/28/23 11:17 PM, DioShiba wrote: The other thing too is that I don't really care if he believes in manifestation or other new age beliefs and what not (Because honestly, some people do believe that and feel that sense of spiritualism helps in their lives, whether they're religious or not) but what I do mind is the fact that he can't keep that shit to himself and rambles on about it and how he thinks that it's going to validate anything he says about his political beliefs.
I don't have much against his new age beliefs (even if he DID ramble a lot about them) either as they're harmless, but what it does show is a susceptibility to being manipulated and some base level of gullibility - and you don't even have the shield of it being a commonly held belief system like religion, so you're "on the fringe" in some sense. Bad actors and rubes can basically swindle and con you this way, just like how taking those "What X are you" quizzes that reveal your personal information makes you a more likely target by scammers. It's not a surefire causation, but the "wellness-to-alt-right" pipeline doesn't exactly target those who don't subscribe to fringe beliefs...

I’ve been meaning to respond to this… you’re not wrong about this.

And maybe it was because I was far more vulnerable in my first year of recovery and had that situation happen to me (and I admit that very hesitantly) and I got conned online and I only realized it to a point where I demanded a refund, and they only partially did.

But shit like that happens way too often when people are in that desperate of a place where they are looking for answers to solve their problems.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-03 16:59:36

At 3/2/23 10:47 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 3/2/23 10:34 PM, EdyKel wrote:

I wasn't thinking straight when I approached that young man for the time. When I saw he wasn't responding when I asked him politely for the time the first few times, I should have left well enough alone, brushed it off and kept walking.

The minute I sensed something was off about him I should have gotten away from him then.

- FIXED.

Whether the young man was a thug or not, I should not have addressed him using a racial or ethnic qualifier.

That was tacky and inappropriate and in this case foolish of me to do that.

He was a stranger, not a friend or an acquaintance.

I think what's wrong with him is that he's racist, it's really not that deep. Also, black lives matter

the high roller is my favorite they/them lesbian

BBS Signature

At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: I am wondering WHY Mr. Adams referred to African Americans as a "hate group".

The poll in question had a question that asked if they approve of the phrase "it's ok to be white" and most said no. In a total vacuum where words only mean their base meaning, and subtext doesn't exist, of course it's ok to be whatever race you were born as, and no significant margin of people would disagree.

Putting that phrase into its recent American context though, "It's ok to be white" is a common rejoinder made by white supremacists to undermine any productive talk of actual racial prejudice in America by centering themselves as the victims of "reverse racism" or whatever the fuck they're on about. It's the same thing where having pride in your european heritage is obviously ok, but we all know what someone means when they say "white pride;" history and context lets us know that that phrase carries some baggage.

So when black people were asked if it's ok to say a white supremacist slogan, most said no. I believe Scott is unwell and has been taken-in by the ideological dishonesty of white supremacists that insist that their dogwhistles and slogans be removed from their context when people push back against them. He genuinely believes that what's going on is that a monolithic racial mob is saying that it's literally not ok to be white, and as someone that wants to believe that, he's started to say the quiet part out loud for why he's hiding away in a white gated community. I'd hazard a guess that even most nazis that are honest with themselves know that the people being polled just know that it's a phrase used exclusively by white supremacists, and so they don't like it. But like I said, Scott's lost the plot, so he can't play the same word games that regular white supremacists do. He doesn't understand the game twitter nazis are playing.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 01:37:21

it's weird hearing scott adams is racist- mostly cuz i thought we knew that for ages. pretty sure the dud is straight amoral.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 01:55:05

At 3/4/23 01:37 AM, Jakal3rdwave wrote: it's weird hearing scott adams is racist- mostly cuz i thought we knew that for ages. pretty sure the dud is straight amoral.

I first heard about it in like 2017/18 when one of the Cyanide and Happiness guys got in a Twitter feud with him. But, I didn't realize how bad I'd gotten until I read this thread. Kinda sucks, I loved his comics as a kid.

Good times good times good times good times

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 01:59:33

At 3/4/23 01:37 AM, Jakal3rdwave wrote: it's weird hearing scott adams is racist- mostly cuz i thought we knew that for ages. pretty sure the dud is straight amoral.

I never knew the man was racist. I used to read and follow his strip years ago.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 03:51:13

Scott Adams has always been a Grade-A moron, I just found out about his rant today and I'm also not the least bit surprised. I kinda wish I lived in a world where all I knew him as was a sometimes (sorta) funny comic strip artist, but even then, Dilbert is probably my least favorite out of most of the comic strips I've read.

BBS Signature