00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dewoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About DILBERT creator's racist rant

2,703 Views | 91 Replies

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 11:54:33

so my man actually went out and said "lol jk don't be so serious"

what a coward, lol

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 12:18:51

honestly deserved

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 12:36:21

To my understanding this isn't the first time or probably the last time Scott Adams has done or said some stupid controversial shit and gotten flamed for it.

I haven't read Dilbert for years, but is it even any good anymore? Or did it become like modern Garfield / Zombie Simpsons at some point?

-e.e. McCutcheon

"Zongo"

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 12:54:57

It has been fun seeing people realize that, in addition to being a racist, Adams is also

Sexist

Antisemitic

Against Evolution

Anti-vaccine

And also told parents to kill their own troubled son before the son kills people, instead of seeking professional help.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 13:54:05

At 3/4/23 12:54 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: It has been fun seeing people realize that, in addition to being a racist, Adams is also
Sexist
Antisemitic
Against Evolution
Anti-vaccine
And also told parents to kill their own troubled son before the son kills people, instead of seeking professional help.

That second to last point is kinda justified since when he took the vaccine, apparently something went wrong and he blamed the anti-vaxxers for it, he also got memed on by Garrison. I'm pretty sure the average American Conservative now thinks he's "pro-vaxxer", whatever that fucking means at this point.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 14:35:26

I think it's funny, because it's making people pretend like they ever give a fuck about Scott Adams or especially 'Dilbert'

DONT BOTHER ME, OKAY?

At 3/4/23 02:35 PM, BastardFromBrooklyn wrote: I think it's funny, because it's making people pretend like they ever give a fuck about Scott Adams or especially 'Dilbert'

I'll chime on for real, I have always loved the funnies. It was the 1 entertaining thing my grandma would leave especially for me when we visited (her city had awesome, 4-pages of comics, in color!)

I then would continue to read the more "serious" and plot-based comics like Mary Worth at my local library to keep in touch with her.

Dilbert was never really that funny. There are some stinkers nationwide, like "Born Loser" which is just crap. (edit: oh and Haggard the Horrible, I'm sorry, that just blows) And then there are the modern-day classics like Foxtrot which rule.

Dilbert is somewhere in between those two. It's pretty forgettable.

hello

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 18:53:20

At 3/4/23 06:05 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 3/4/23 02:35 PM, BastardFromBrooklyn wrote: I think it's funny, because it's making people pretend like they ever give a fuck about Scott Adams or especially 'Dilbert'
I'll chime on for real, I have always loved the funnies. It was the 1 entertaining thing my grandma would leave especially for me when we visited (her city had awesome, 4-pages of comics, in color!)

I then would continue to read the more "serious" and plot-based comics like Mary Worth at my local library to keep in touch with her.

Dilbert was never really that funny. There are some stinkers nationwide, like "Born Loser" which is just crap. (edit: oh and Haggard the Horrible, I'm sorry, that just blows) And then there are the modern-day classics like Foxtrot which rule.

*gives you reddit karma* basically, this!

DONT BOTHER ME, OKAY?

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 20:08:21

Scott always was a wackjob. Him bragging about watching is stepson die set off the alarms

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 20:52:56

I actually did like Dilbert a lot as a kid. I still have a few of his books. I also was a fan of Garfield, so idk maybe I just had bad taste

Good times good times good times good times

At 3/4/23 06:05 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Dilbert was never really that funny. There are some stinkers nationwide, like "Born Loser" which is just crap. (edit: oh and Haggard the Horrible, I'm sorry, that just blows) And then there are the modern-day classics like Foxtrot which rule.

I actually agree with you on this one.

In fact I don't even know much about Dilbert beyond the fact it's a sunday funny and we all know the true king of the Sundae Funnies... And it ain't Dilbert.

iu_913277_3993712.jpg

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-04 21:50:53

At 3/4/23 12:36 PM, eeMcCutcheon wrote: To my understanding this isn't the first time or probably the last time Scott Adams has done or said some stupid controversial shit and gotten flamed for it.

I haven't read Dilbert for years, but is it even any good anymore? Or did it become like modern Garfield / Zombie Simpsons at some point?

I haven't read Dilbert since the '90s or the early 2000's I don't know.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-05 03:48:52

Mr. Adams seems to be forgetting that white trash exists as well. It never has had anything to do with being a different skin colour, just being a subpar human. There's horrible people of every skin colour and it is not indigenous to merely a single pigmentation.

Listen to my latest video game music release! Windup & Pitch! If you wish! :)

BBS Signature

I think I recall reading about some crazy things Scott Adams said and did in newspapers years ago, maybe even in some magazines, long before social media became a thing, but I'm not 100% sure.

If others are saying Mr. Adams has a long history of displaying such negative behavior publicly I believe it.

I'm not judging.

He produced and published his comic strip Dilbert for 33 years and has a net worth of $75 million. If no newspapers want to carry his strip anymore he's not exactly hurting himself.

I found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/09/21/dilbert-author-claims-comic-was-removed-from-77-newspapers/amp/

Adams was already getting his strip removed from newspapers months before he made his racist rant on YouTube.

Making his racist rant was just adding more fuel to the fire.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-05 14:18:54

At 3/5/23 01:50 PM, ngman7 wrote: I found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/09/21/dilbert-author-claims-comic-was-removed-from-77-newspapers/amp/

Adams was already getting his strip removed from newspapers months before he made his racist rant on YouTube.

Comic strips in newspapers are just dying off these days.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-05 14:26:41

At 3/5/23 02:18 PM, EdyKel wrote:

To be fair not like he cant turn it into a web comic either.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-05 17:09:06

At 2/28/23 10:13 AM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 2/28/23 09:12 AM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I learned recently that Scott Adams, the man who created the Dilbert comic strip, got his strip dropped from hundreds of newspapers because of a racist rant he made about African Americans on YouTube:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/27/media/dilbert-distributor-scott-adams/index.html

He referred to a poll that was taken and called African Americans a "hate group" and said that "White Americans should get the hell away from them."

He went on to say that "he wants nothing to do with them."

What does he mean by "hate group"? Was he referring specifically to groups like the BLM people? I'm an African American. I'm not hung up on things like race and culture. I'm a Christian - I don't hate anyone.

I don't support groups like the BLM people - they are a bunch of Black Nazis.

To paraphrase, comedian Marvin Webster said in a radio show once that what one African American says, does or what happens to one is NOT a referendum on all African Americans in America.

Not all African Americans are the same.

I am wondering WHY Mr. Adams referred to African Americans as a "hate group".

That was stupid of him to say what he said - he probably could have worded himself differently. His comments inadvertently encouraged segregation. I am glad newspapers dropped his strip. I used to like and read Dilbert.

I lost respect for Mr. Adams. I'm wondering what's wrong with him.
My guess would be cause that group commits the most crime and blames others the most for their problems? Could also just be bad experience and is just done with them.

Not like it matters. Everyone doesnt have to like everyone. Its his choice. Dilbert dude doesnt have any meaning to anything other than himself.

Its more scary how the higher ups would just trash your work just because you said something against the sheep.

yikes

BBS Signature

At 3/3/23 12:19 AM, DioShiba wrote: But shit like that happens way too often when people are in that desperate of a place where they are looking for answers to solve their problems.

Yep, and it grows from the initial seed of distrusting authority, which can happen for any number of perfectly acceptable reasons. The hard part is how to get people to cultivate trust in systems before it spirals out of control, because our brains are naturally wired to amplify negative experiences compared to positive ones.

At 3/4/23 08:52 PM, SecretBoxFox wrote:
At 3/4/23 06:05 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Dilbert is somewhere in between those two. It's pretty forgettable.
I actually did like Dilbert a lot as a kid. I still have a few of his books. I also was a fan of Garfield, so idk maybe I just had bad taste

Are you me lol. Got a lot of dilbert books in the past (and not just the comics), a few garfield books and watched all the movies as a kid. Even the shitty 3D ones.

At 3/5/23 02:26 PM, DioShiba wrote: To be fair not like he cant turn it into a web comic either.

It pretty much was one even well before it got removed from newspapers. In terms of the number of comments each strip receives, you can pretty clearly track its trajectory from a newspaper/book comic to webcomic.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-06 15:01:32

In this day and age in the 21st century web comics are popular. A lot of famous newspaper comic strip creators have made the move to showcase their comics online now.

You can still read their comic strips in newspapers.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-06 15:07:46

At 3/5/23 01:33 PM, ngman7 wrote: I think I recall reading about some crazy things Scott Adams said and did in newspapers years ago, maybe even in some magazines, long before social media became a thing, but I'm not 100% sure.

If others are saying Mr. Adams has a long history of displaying such negative behavior publicly I believe it.

I'm not judging.

He produced and published his comic strip Dilbert for 34 years and has a net worth of $75 million. If no newspapers want to carry his strip anymore he's not exactly hurting himself.

- FIXED.

Adams isn't going to go bankrupt if all newspapers drop his comic strip.

I hope the man learned something from this experience.

If I read about Adams' crazy behavior in the past I probably dismissed it. I don't really keep up with celebrity news. I don't like celebrity gossip.

At 3/6/23 03:07 PM, ngman7 wrote: Adams isn't going to go bankrupt if all newspapers drop his comic strip.

Days after everything went down, he refused to apologize for what he said and added that White People and the media are hate groups, so he is doubling down on being a idiot who thinks he's smarter than everyone.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-06 16:13:48

At 3/6/23 03:45 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 3/6/23 03:07 PM, ngman7 wrote: Adams isn't going to go bankrupt if all newspapers drop his comic strip.

Days after everything went down, he refused to apologize for what he said and added that White People and the media are hate groups, so he is doubling down on being a idiot who thinks he's smarter than everyone.

The man is out of his mind.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-06 16:15:38

At 3/6/23 03:07 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 3/5/23 01:33 PM, ngman7 wrote: I think I recall reading about some crazy things Scott Adams said and did in newspapers years ago, maybe even in some magazines, long before social media became a thing, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not judging.

He produced and published his comic strip Dilbert for 34 years and has a net worth of $75 million. If no newspapers want to carry his strip anymore he's not exactly hurting himself.

- FIXED.

Adams isn't going to go bankrupt if all newspapers drop his comic strip.

If I read about Adams' crazy behavior in the past I probably dismissed it. I don't really keep up with celebrity news. I don't like celebrity gossip.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-07 20:06:59

The comic is still going on even without newspapers. I dont get it

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-07 21:04:38

At 3/7/23 08:06 PM, Wegra wrote: The comic is still going on even without newspapers. I dont get it

I’ve no idea what’s not to get, since webcomics have been a thing since the dawn of the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-08 16:30:33

For those in corporate world (I am one of these drones) it hits different. Kind of like Office Space taking on a whole new meaning when you work in an office.

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

iu_924198_3993712.png

Pick up that motherfucking phone because I called that shit.

At 3/5/23 02:26 PM, DioShiba wrote:

To be fair not like he cant turn it into a web comic either.

Response to About DILBERT creator's racist rant 2023-03-17 17:28:33

At 3/17/23 05:01 PM, DioShiba wrote:

I guess he didn’t want to go with

Dilbert: Reloaded

Dilbert Resurrection, or

Dilbert 2: Dilbert With A Vengeance

BBS Signature

At 3/17/23 05:28 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 3/17/23 05:01 PM, DioShiba wrote:
I guess he didn’t want to go with
Dilbert: Reloaded
Dilbert Resurrection, or
Dilbert 2: Dilbert With A Vengeance

Honestly “Dilbert Reincarnated” would have sufficed