00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Forbzy2001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

101,847 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 13:33:25

At 2/2/05 12:46 PM, EKRegulus wrote: I'm going to ask it again, why are alt accounts allowed to be voted in?

i totaly agree with you EKR (for once) I think the idea of LULer making the list is compleatly stupid, afterall it's not one user, giving it an unfair advantage, as it is able to be online 24 hours a day (due to time zones).

Sure it helps out but i don't think it should be able to make the list.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 13:43:35

I have a feeling that Level-Up-Lounger was put in the list of potentials at least partly as a bit of a joke... there's usually a couple of names on the list that stand absolutely no chance of getting on the Regulars list. Obviously one of the voters decided to take the joke a little further. Personally, I have no problem with the account, although I think it's a bit pointless. The fact of the matter is, if the person who cast that vote hadn't had that account as an option, they may well have wasted their vote on one of the other no-hopers on the potentials list (there were 17 names on the final list this month, at least 4 of whom were never going to get a vote).

So, basically, there's no point getting worked up about it.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 13:44:24

At 2/2/05 01:13 PM, Eldarion wrote: If you're talking about Level-Up-Lounger, it's not an alt account.

Look at what he typed in the LUL:

At 2/1/05 03:13 PM, Level-Up-Lounger wrote:
At 2/1/05 02:59 PM, AmadeusMaxwell wrote: im lvl 5 today!1!1!1 w00t lol
I'm higher than you, and I'm just an alt! :o
An alt account is a spare account used by one NG user. That account is a communal account available to all in the Level Up Lounge. I know you don't like it, but the idea has stuck, and the account hasn't caused any problems.

so he's not just an alt, he's everyone's alternate account. Huge difference there...

As for it being nominated, I have no problem with it, although I can see why it annoys you that it gets votes that could have went to real users.

Nah, what really annoys me is that many users would be included twice into the list. While we are at it, why don't we nominate gfoxclock? He's very useful. My point is if level-up lounger is allowed to be voted in then other alts should also be eligible.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 13:55:19

At 2/2/05 01:43 PM, Denvish wrote: (there were 17 names on the final list this month, at least 4 of whom were never going to get a vote).

.... 17?.......

That much? No way. There were probably a few random unknown users in that list.

I get your point though.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 14:02:20

At 2/2/05 01:44 PM, EKRegulus wrote: so he's not just an alt, he's everyone's alternate account. Huge difference there...

Not a huge difference, but a significant one.

Nah, what really annoys me is that many users would be included twice into the list. While we are at it, why don't we nominate gfoxclock? He's very useful. My point is if level-up lounger is allowed to be voted in then other alts should also be eligible.

Look, the LUL account, available to all Loungers, is different from one of Gfox's alts. Can't you see the difference? I am against alts becoming Regulars, but I would make an exception in the case of the LUL account, because it is unique and can be accessed by all Loungers.

It's just a bit of fun, and I'm not arguing any more, so reply to this if you will EK, but my input on the matter ends here. Meh.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 14:07:21

At 2/2/05 02:02 PM, Eldarion wrote: can be accessed by all Loungers.

That's not true.

----------

Okay, whatever, I'm going to wait for RC's opinion on that subject.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 14:26:27

At 2/2/05 02:07 PM, EKRegulus wrote: That's not true.

? Just email TRA, and he'll reply with it........

Okay, whatever, I'm going to wait for RC's opinion on that subject.

As am i.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 14:43:36

I don't know how to access the lounger alt, but i don't really care either. But i was just saying, because not everyone can acess it.

I don't quite understand the purpose of it except entertainment values. In which case, putting it on any list is pathetic, because we are basically making a joke of the list.

Maybe i am wrong, but is there any other purpose for the lounger alt except entertainment?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 15:04:55

At 2/2/05 02:43 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I don't know how to access the lounger alt, but i don't really care either. But i was just saying, because not everyone can acess it.

You have to email -TRA- and he will gladly send you the password.

Maybe i am wrong, but is there any other purpose for the lounger alt except entertainment?

Not really :P

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 15:21:27

What's that lounger alt thing? An alternate account for the regulars of the Wi/Ht level up lounge? If it's that, I really don't see the point ...

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 15:26:00

At 2/2/05 03:04 PM, Eldarion wrote: You have to email -TRA- and he will gladly send you the password.

Ahh, sorry, missed your last post on that.

Not really :P

lol see.

At 2/2/05 03:21 PM, -Myst- wrote: What's that lounger alt thing? An alternate account for the regulars of the Wi/Ht level up lounge? If it's that, I really don't see the point ...

Exactly... putting it on the list would be mocking our own list. Making a joke of it. Let is stand as entertainment, why take it seriously and put it on a list.

How did this conversation come all about anyway?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 15:46:33

At 2/2/05 03:26 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: How did this conversation come all about anyway?

I have no clue, thanks for the expl... confirmation anyway ...

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 16:16:28

Usually I put one silly person (who either has pissed everyone off, like piconjo or goldencat) on the potentials for humor.

This time, it was the leveluplounger. Why? Because it's fun.

The person who voted for the leveluplounger only had two votes that he/she/it wanted to cast and put the leveluplounger as the third because he/she/it could.

/me goes to work

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 19:59:30

At 2/2/05 04:16 PM, RedCircle wrote: Usually I put one silly person (who either has pissed everyone off, like piconjo or goldencat) on the potentials for humor.

Ahh, well if it got voted on, that'd be weird. : P

The person who voted for the leveluplounger only had two votes that he/she/it wanted to cast and put the leveluplounger as the third because he/she/it could.

I love how you threw the 'it's in there. We could have an 'ot' in Wi/Ht forum! Anyway, thanks for explination RC... i don't mind some comedy and a throw away vote, but if your jokes ever get voted on, someone might be mad (not me, but a he/she/it).

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 22:29:49

Kibatulations to Eldarion! =D

I'll be honest, the way the month's update turned out was a total shock for me. I had no clue about so many of the things due to my current "situation" *cough*damninternetproblems*cough*. I mean, ramagi and -Mary- (carmilla) are mods now? Damn, I hate missing out on those kinds of things. Kibatulations to both of those two, they really deserve it, especially -Mary- who I had thought should had been modded oh so long ago. I'm so close to SCD in points, but he has time to get a good lead that I won't catch for a while once I get everything straightened out. Also, I'm happy to see BVBG gone on the note that he really is active on NG, just not here anymore. And I was surprised at the low number of both in and out votes, just astounding. Poor, EK, he'll never get in, I guess we all should stop wasting our votes on him when he's doomed to forever be an outsider. I'm just kidding, or am I? Well I'll post this before my internet dies again. =/

PS: Happy 2,800 posts. It means more since it took an extra long time. =P

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-02 22:51:17

At 2/2/05 04:16 PM, RedCircle wrote: Usually I put one silly person (who either has pissed everyone off, like piconjo or goldencat) on the potentials for humor.

Honestly, a vote for Piconjo wouldn't piss me off :D
As for the "fun" part, it's obvious not contagious :(

At 2/2/05 07:59 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Ahh, well if it got voted on, that'd be weird. : P

Weird? Indeed but there's more. If an one month old alternate account with only 15 posts gets voted in then this list wouldn't be special anymore.

At 2/2/05 10:29 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: Poor, EK, he'll never get in, I guess we all should stop wasting our votes on him when he's doomed to forever be an outsider.

Ohmygawdno! Vote for me so I can continue my incredible streak.
3 times in a row ranked second. That's more awesome that getting voted in. My streak > list. Kthxbye. O_o :) :P:P

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-03 08:44:14

At 2/2/05 10:29 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: And I was surprised at the low number of both in and out votes, just astounding.

Um, as far as in-votes go, there were only 3 people who didn't vote. SCD didn't because he had internet trouble. I knew this. Pure and Shpoutin are just MIA, and possibly not coming back. Really no big surprise there.

As far as the out-votes go, it's quite normal for several users to not use their vote. However, when a person tells me, "I haven't been active lately on the BBS that much, so it would be unfair to remove someone this month," that's just silly. Regardless of a current Regular's activity, they should still use the removal vote if it is justified. Just because the Regular isn't as active as they think they should be, doesn't mean their votes aren't worth anything.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-03 18:39:33

At 2/2/05 10:51 PM, EKRegulus wrote: Weird? Indeed but there's more. If an one month old alternate account with only 15 posts gets voted in then this list wouldn't be special anymore.

That was what i was trying to say about making a joke or mockery of the list.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 05:49:55

At 2/1/05 07:47 AM, RedCircle wrote: List D, The Wi/Ht? Regulars List:

D for Definately the coolest members.

Rank | Exp : Reviews : B & P : Posts :: TOTALS : Change || Username
#08 | _3040 : __210 : _11179 : _9691 :: _24120 : ___0 || Pure_LionHeart
#09 | _4490 : _3658 : _11547 : _3251 :: _22946 : 1123 || M-A-R-C-U-S

i'll get him eventually.

February 2005 Update!

oh baby yes.

Congratulations to Eldarion for becoming the newest Wi/Ht? Regular on the first day of February, 2005!!!

well done dude, you deserve it.

EKRegulus and Alkador were just behind him. It seemed extremely difficult to predict this month's inducted candidate, but I think that we all know how helpful Eldarion is, so I'm very satisfied with the choice. Below are the totals for each potential, and it is sorted by number of votes, and then by signup date:
646223 (6) Eldarion

good on ya.

590813 (5) Alkador

you're next.

702328 (5) EKRegulus
300592 (3) Myst_Williams

then either of these two will come in two months i'm guessing...
but i think Alk should get it next month. this is pretty much the only forum he posts in.

***OUT (6/15 people voted)***

569551 (3) Baron_Von_Bad_Guy
325831 (2) Pure_LionHeart
818376 (1) BonusStage

lol someone hates Bone us stage. wasnt me, i voted no one out. :)

In lieu of the formal rules, there has been a removal this month as well. Baron_Von_Bad_Guy is now retired. In the past, he was extremely regular in this forum. That is the reason he was included on the list in the first place. He may still be allowed to be voted back on the list next month, if he is included in the potentials list.

its funny, i've seen him posting the last couple of days...
snap?

Oh, and how do you all like the new CHANGE column? I think it's pretty cool! Anyway, take care of yourselves, and I'll be heading to dreamland in just a little while.

fuck yes. i lurve the change column...
possibility fot the future:
having a change column from 2 months ago to compare to your change this month.
eg, in March, you'll have your change column for March, also with your change column from Febuary, so you can see how many stats you got over the two seperate months.

by the way, have i ever mentioned this is by far one of the best/one of my favourite lists on NG? i really appreciate the time you put into it dude. thanks.
(my fav list is the top reviewers list ofcourse :P haha).

another excellent update. i look forward to the next which i believe will be in a week or.
thanks once again.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 06:53:57

Marcus, you really really should have used your out vote, not just because its there, but because we truelly do need to weed out the shite in that list, not saying that the users who arent around anymore are shit, but you know what i mean.

I almost feel guilty aswell, seeing Baron getting kicked out of the list, i remember asking Red to include him all those months ago, because the simple fact was, he did indeed post here alot. Shame hes not back like he used to be.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 10:59:40

At 2/4/05 06:53 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Marcus, you really really should have used your out vote, not just because its there, but because we truelly do need to weed out the shite in that list, not saying that the users who arent around anymore are shit, but you know what i mean.

i know what your mean, the unactive users kind of seem like a wast of a position on the list that could be being filled by somebody much more deserving.

I almost feel guilty aswell, seeing Baron getting kicked out of the list, i remember asking Red to include him all those months ago, because the simple fact was, he did indeed post here alot. Shame hes not back like he used to be.

It was a correct decision to have in the first place though as he did indeed used to be very regular around here.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 15:53:44

At 2/4/05 05:49 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
702328 (5) EKRegulus
300592 (3) Myst_Williams
then either of these two will come in two months i'm guessing...
but i think Alk should get it next month. this is pretty much the only forum he posts in.

Heh, thanks!

lol someone hates Bone us stage. wasnt me, i voted no one out. :)

You really should have made use of that vote. At least someone got out though.

by the way, have i ever mentioned this is by far one of the best/one of my favourite lists on NG? i really appreciate the time you put into it dude. thanks.

I agree, one of my favs too and defiently the time put into it is well appreciated.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 16:33:46

At 2/2/05 10:29 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: Also, I'm happy to see BVBG gone on the note that he really is active on NG, just not here anymore.
At 2/4/05 05:49 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: its funny, i've seen him posting the last couple of days...
At 2/4/05 06:53 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: he did indeed post here alot. Shame hes not back like he used to be.
At 2/4/05 10:59 AM, Tom_s00 wrote: he did indeed used to be very regular around here.

I wasn't around during BVBG's active Wi/Ht days, but he got my vote simply for the fact that he is still active around NG, but is eschewing Wi/Ht (and to the best of my knowledge, hasn't posted in this thread... go on, correct me...); whereas users like Pure and Shpouiten have had (involuntary?) Real Life obligations to deal with. Which I can empathise with, having been subjected to a 9-month sentence myself.
Having said that, those two are so inactive that neither of them should be on the list. No offence to them, and I wish them all the best in RL: but they are no longer actively participating in NG like us other losers ;), so they shouldn't be Regulars any more. If I was in their situation, I'd have no complaints about it if I was voted off.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 18:19:41

At 2/4/05 04:33 PM, Denvish wrote: I wasn't around during BVBG's active Wi/Ht days, but he got my vote simply for the fact that he is still active around NG, but is eschewing Wi/Ht ...

I agree. Ihave noticed him post around before as well.

whereas users like Pure and Shpouiten have had (involuntary?) Real Life obligations to deal with. Which I can empathise with, having been subjected to a 9-month sentence myself.

I am not sure about their predicaments specifically, but like you said below, they should be out too.

Having said that, those two are so inactive that neither of them should be on the list. No offence to them, and I wish them all the best in RL: but they are no longer actively participating in NG like us other losers ;), so they shouldn't be Regulars any more.

Ya, well if they underwent some personal problems, whether it is there fault or not, they are still inactive. Though, if they did come back, then they would most likely easily be voted back on because of the circumstances they may have, or may not have, had been forced into. Which i think is the fair route.

If I was in their situation, I'd have no complaints about it if I was voted off.

That is why you are such a respectable guy. ^_^

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 20:32:09

For the record, Shpouiten actually asked to be taken off. I told him that I'd let the Regulars vote him off if they felt he deserved it.

I haven't even heard from Pure at all in like months.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 20:39:50

At 2/4/05 08:32 PM, RedCircle wrote: For the record, Shpouiten actually asked to be taken off. I told him that I'd let the Regulars vote him off if they felt he deserved it.

Hmmm, interesting. I kinda think that if someone asks to be taken off the list, particularly if they know they're going to be inactive, an election shouldn't really be necessary.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 20:46:49

At 2/4/05 08:39 PM, Denvish wrote: Hmmm, interesting. I kinda think that if someone asks to be taken off the list, particularly if they know they're going to be inactive, an election shouldn't really be necessary.

Ya, i agree, it is simpler that way. He wouldnt have asked if he expected to come back anytime soon.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 21:05:59

At 2/4/05 08:32 PM, RedCircle wrote: For the record, Shpouiten actually asked to be taken off. I told him that I'd let the Regulars vote him off if they felt he deserved it.

Fuck, I'm sorry....what I meant to say was that he used his out-vote on himself.

When I asked him if he wanted me to take him off the list, he said that he would let the Regulars decide.

I got my words mixed up. Sorry again.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-04 22:18:45

At 2/4/05 09:05 PM, RedCircle wrote: Fuck, I'm sorry....what I meant to say was that he used his out-vote on himself.

lol, that is kind of funny, but it makes more sense now. Iwas wondering why you just didnt take him off if he asked, but it makes perfect sense now.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-02-05 09:32:01

At 2/4/05 04:33 PM, Denvish wrote: I wasn't around during BVBG's active Wi/Ht days, but he got my vote simply for the fact that he is still active around NG, but is eschewing Wi/Ht (and to the best of my knowledge, hasn't posted in this thread... go on, correct me...); whereas users like Pure and Shpouiten have had (involuntary?) Real Life obligations to deal with. Which I can empathise with, having been subjected to a 9-month sentence myself.
Having said that, those two are so inactive that neither of them should be on the list. No offence to them, and I wish them all the best in RL: but they are no longer actively participating in NG like us other losers ;), so they shouldn't be Regulars any more.

I agree with your reasoning for voteing hime off Denvish, it made good sense, BVBG, has activly chosen to become unactive in the wi/ht forum, where as Pure lionheart and Shpouiten if given the chance would both be very active members here, therefore making it a kind of unfair to vote them off before BVBG, However in the months coming elections if they do not make a return to the wi/ht forum they will have to make an exit as well.