00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KWYuri just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,678 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 15:52:32

At 12/30/04 03:38 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: poetyr....damn I havent posted one of my one minute wonders in a while......heh heh. Thanks for reminding me about them myst :P

lol. Ya i love'em too. They are usually either quite comedic or so confusing i want to read them over and over until i figure'em out.

I got 2 poems going right now. One of which is entitled: 100 Lined Personal Prayer. So you can see why it is taking me so long.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 15:53:22

ok this is ratehr surreal and bizarre......ive been listening to Our lady peace to much I think :-\

Big Dumb Rocket.

There seems to be a rocket sitting in the pad.
It sits there doing nothing it makes the scientists mad.
I wonder why it does this?
I wonder why it will not go?
Maybe its brain, is working very slow?
The Big dumb rocket sits there not, doing anything.
The Big dumb rocket sits there not moving.
If only the big green monkey
Sitting in its tree would help the engineers
To make the rocket go!
Big Dumb Rocket sitting in the pad.
Big dumb rocket that is acting really bad.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 16:03:42

At 12/30/04 03:53 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: ok this is ratehr surreal and bizarre......ive been listening to Our lady peace to much I think :-\

It was interesting. Fun to read at least. Very... odd. lol. Your one minute wonders make my day.. well... make my afternoon.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 16:08:10

At 12/30/04 04:03 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: It was interesting. Fun to read at least. Very... odd. lol. Your one minute wonders make my day.. well... make my afternoon.

told you It was odd :P lol anyway glad you enjoyed it. any ways that you think it could be improved? Im actually going to start writing a serious poem and if I can locate my faults then Ill be able to make it better.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 16:12:49

At 12/30/04 04:08 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: told you It was odd :P lol anyway glad you enjoyed it. any ways that you think it could be improved? Im actually going to start writing a serious poem and if I can locate my faults then Ill be able to make it better.

Okay, well, if you are attempting a serious poem i have a few things you should consider (and i am assuming you would want to do free verse).
Do not be cliche, have an original idea.
Use lots of metaphors to help make the experience more life like and emotional. I once did a poem where everyline was a metaphor about the title that was a metaphor. I know it seems crazy, but even though it is hard to figure out, my teachers have claimed that they could feel the emotion and parts were even moving.
Other then that, try to make it flow. Crappy rhyme schemes sometimes make for crappy poems, unless there is an obvious reason why it does not flow properly.
I cannot say if you have any flaws, because i do not remember you ever attempting a serious poem before. So seeing you come up with a serious poem would help me point out any flaws you may have. It is hard to compare odd, humouress, or dark poetry with a serious poem.
I cant wait to read it though.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 16:23:54

well give me a while to wrok on it. I may not get it posted tonight and if thats the case I wont be posting it for a few days cause Im out for new years eve.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 16:47:14

At 12/30/04 04:23 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: well give me a while to wrok on it. I may not get it posted tonight and if thats the case I wont be posting it for a few days cause Im out for new years eve.

Oh ya, well whenever. Dont rush it.
I prolly wont be around either anyways.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 18:56:59

okay I heard what few people had to say about me leaving or staying. I've decided to stay and help out around here as much as possible. thank u for the nice words.
-G.C.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 19:00:20

At 12/30/04 06:56 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: okay I heard what few people had to say about me leaving or staying. I've decided to stay and help out around here as much as possible. thank u for the nice words.
-G.C.

We love having you, man. You still going to RP?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 20:27:36

At 12/30/04 07:00 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: We love having you, man. You still going to RP?

yah just give me some time to create a new character and I should be back tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 21:29:59

speaking of my new character, here are is some concept art I did, its not much. tell me what u think, I dont think I will use either of those swords, and Iam not good at coming up with good ideas for swords...wait I think I may have an idea, I'll show you guys if I draw it. but for now here are the pictures I drew.

Writer's Guild

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 21:35:46

Writer's Guild:writer
I love writing and expressing my self and i have a few great ideas for some games and some movies that will rock the portal. I'd like so share a few with you now(okay only 1 but is that so bad?)
Title: PhyGuild
Desciption: It's an anime, but can be animated any way we like, about two girls who are both telekenetics and their sturgules when some bad guy(haven't figured most of him out yet) attacks one of their hometown's/guild. They go off on a long and tresturius journey to save her guild. A race against time, a battle against evil, and a blossuming love conection between our two telekenetics..

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 22:30:42

At 12/30/04 09:29 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: speaking of my new character, here are is some concept art I did, its not much. tell me what u think, I dont think I will use either of those swords, and Iam not good at coming up with good ideas for swords...wait I think I may have an idea, I'll show you guys if I draw it. but for now here are the pictures I drew.

Good ideas here, I like the idea of the two swords, I saw something like that in a book I read. One sword was normal, but the other one glowed with a purple flame that grew brighter the more angered its wielder. He called it Twinkle. Remember Frodo's Sword sting? It glowed blue when Orcs were around, I think you could do something with this glowing trend. Or maybe you like to do something different.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-30 23:01:42

Anybody every think of doing anything to a King Crimson song? If you've never heard of king crimson you should get somehow "21'st Century Schizoid Man" "I Talk to the Wind" "Epitaph" and "In the Court of the Crimson King". Excellent trippy brit prog. rock from the late 60's. If somebody with good enough skill wants to make a flash inspired by this music talk to me (aim: powerballad87) and we cen discuss.

-O

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 03:41:35

newbman I love ur idea and have been inspired allot by telekenetic heros, I would love to work on this project with u maybe bye doing some sketches of the characters. I've been experimenting a little lately with anime and manga.
Captain-T I also like the idea for the two swords of good and evil, I actually sort of got it from a game I have, I cannot remember the name of the game but the two swords had the powers of the sun and the moon. I'll try some more sketches tomorrow but its getting late right now.
OrionMX I've never heard of those songs before but they sound interesting. I dont feel safe IMing though due to my recent spyware incident but I would feel much safer talking over the BBS. I wonder if there is a way to post quiktime or windows media player files in the forum?
Wow I replied to three people!!!
looks like the G-MAN is back on track!
P.S. I was wondering if there is a way to change ur login password on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 05:15:30

okay I've spent the whole night updating my website and creating my character, I will not be up until 11:00 or 12:00 west coast time, check out my website and fill out a form if you want me to post your work there. Iam getting tireddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddddddddddddd whoops fell asleep on the "D" on the keyboardddddddddd.......................

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 05:30:34

if possible could someone make an updated list of all the characters in the format of my website in the WOR news section. click on my sig to get there. thx

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 08:13:01

At 12/28/04 07:45 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 12/28/04 07:16 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: lol I actually watched corrination street once,awful and its my Birthday if anyone interested
No way. Well hey, Happy Birthday.
You should be out and about boy.
I wish a good one for ya, how old you now?

Oh man it says the 28th but in UK it was 29th(my B-day) just tellin ya.
And Im now sixteen :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 08:14:13

At 12/31/04 08:13 AM, LordSkeletor wrote:
At 12/28/04 07:45 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 12/28/04 07:16 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: lol I actually watched corrination street once,awful and its my Birthday if anyone interested
No way. Well hey, Happy Birthday.
You should be out and about boy.
I wish a good one for ya, how old you now?

Oh and thanks all who said Happy Birthday :)

(SOrry for double post)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 10:24:58

At 12/31/04 03:41 AM, G-MAN490 wrote: newbman I love ur idea and have been inspired allot by telekenetic heros, I would love to work on this project with u maybe bye doing some sketches of the characters. I've been experimenting a little lately with anime and manga.

AWsome I'd love to work with you, actualy i have some drwings of them my-self, ut i can't use flash enough to animate them, as soon as i get a scanner set up, i'll put um' on for you to take a look at. If your planning on working on this with me, i'd like you to know that i'm planning for it to be decently long, a series, and if your animation is as good as the story needs it's going to be a hit. Well c ya around, hope you join me, it's gonna be a blast!

P.S. I was wondering if there is a way to change ur login password on NG.

Yeh you can, if you mess with your personal profile then you can change your password from there.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 12:03:21

At 12/31/04 08:14 AM, LordSkeletor wrote: Oh and thanks all who said Happy Birthday :)

What? It was your birthday? I must have missed that post. LordSkeletor, I owe you one (1) drink. It must have alcohol in it, that's what being 16 is all about.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 12:47:32

At 12/31/04 12:03 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/31/04 08:14 AM, LordSkeletor wrote: Oh and thanks all who said Happy Birthday :)
What? It was your birthday? I must have missed that post. LordSkeletor, I owe you one (1) drink. It must have alcohol in it, that's what being 16 is all about.

Ahaha... that was like 13 for me. 13 seems sooo long ago.
Oh man, don't fret. I WIll be posting a shit load of written work soon. I got like 5 things nearly done and just needs editing and such. I hope by next (not this) weekend i will post a couple things. Keep posting your stuff to be critiqued guys. We need to get that poem streak going again. lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 15:32:46

At 12/31/04 12:03 PM, Coop83 wrote:

Hey thanks :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 19:30:02

where is everyone, I've got no one to talk to! I'm so bored.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 19:34:21

Tp keep you sane and relieve your boredom, read this story of meine.

-Isd pissed.-

Oda Takahishi drew his katana, directing the archers to fire upon the approaching enemy. White fletched arrows soared like birds into the air, landing subtly upon their foes. Many writhed in agony for a few brief seconds, others simply died instantly, and fewer still gritted their teeth and persisted through the rain of death. Imagawa’s Yari samurai were slowly approaching the thin line of Yellow Mon wearing Naginata troops, the Oda Mon proudly waving in the air as a second volley of sweet death was showered over the crowd of blue. “Damnation, where are those Cavalry?!” Takahishi cried, gritting his teeth in barely controlled anger at his Uncle’s lack of intuition and speed. 60 Naginata samurai and 120 archers were all that stood against hundreds of Imagawa’s foot troops, with a further 60 riflemen marching towards the lightly defended position. “Hold fast! The relief will be here soon!” shouted the young Lt. General.

Oda Nobuhide, Daimyo of the Oda clan, calmly directed his force onward, a huge group of several different cavalry units. He had correctly predicted that Yoshimoto would be impatient to begin, smiling as he saw almost all of the Imagawa infantry charging the ‘bait’. The bait in question was the Daimyo’s young nephew, Oda Takahishi, a good warrior but lacking any thought of strategy. Brandishing his katana and wakizashi, Nobuhide sped up his horse, rounding the last hill as he directed his units into charge formation.

Takahishi picked himself up from the ground, swinging his sword in an upward slash against his assailant. In a shower of crimson liquid, he felled the Yari armed samurai, quickly bringing his shorter sword forward into the armour of another. The wakizashi sank deep between the steel plates, pushing folds of cloth and flesh aside as the blue armoured man squealed in pain. The young samurai quickly decapitated his opponent in a mercy blow, turning his gaze over the field. Things weren’t going good. The Naginata warriors were all but dead, and the hordes of Yari samurai were smashing into his archer’s lines. Worse yet, blood red silhouettes of the feared No-Dachi samurai were closing in on Takahishi’s formation, with no sign of Nobuhide’s cavalry relief in sight. “If I am to die here, then I’ll go down fighting” he swore out loud, taking a moment to catch his breath before charging into the swirling mass of warriors.

“Forward! Charge the enemy’s flanks!” A low grow filled the air, like thunder, as hundreds of armoured cavalry smashed into the No-Dachi ranks, sword and spear cutting them down in droves. Oda Nobuhide brought his katana down upon the head of a unit leader, cutting apart the helmet and leaving his cranium half exposed. The hooves of his steed made sure the warrior would never rise up again. Thrice the Daimyo cut down upon his hated foes, and thrice did the blade in his hands draw blood. Within moments the No-Dachi units were in chaos, fleeing for their lives. With a wave, Nobuhide sent off his Yari Light cavalry to pursue them, ordering his Heavy and Naginata cavalry units to follow with him towards the remaining enemy. “I hope young Takahishi did his role” Oda asked of his loyal second in command, Ishida Motonari. “I’m sure he did. He might be a young fool, and a little on the grim side, but he’s a brave warrior, and his men trust him. They’ll hold onto the hill like it was made of gold.” “They better had” he replied “or else I’ll order him to commit Hara-Kiri on grounds of failure…”

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 20:45:13

At 12/31/04 08:37 PM, poisioned wrote:
It seemed so long of a thread
http://tec1.proboards19.com/
If this one doesn't work type it into the address bar

Just thought I would post this here since he made another thread about it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 20:46:05

Here is a message board with categories of the same related issues

Flash Animation
Flash Scripting
Flash Programing

http://tec1.proboards19.com/

Using this will make it easier to find what your looking for instead of using one thread to post many topics.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 21:06:01

At 12/31/04 08:46 PM, poisioned wrote: Here is a message board with categories of the same related issues

I'm absolutely thrilled that everybody knows how to read the RULES!

Honestly.. I'm fed up with this!!!!! >_<

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 21:10:49

God, Does every post and every topic break the Fucking RULES?

Every time I post something Someone always says something about the Fucking rules.

This is the only message board where everyone is upsesed with the Fucking rules. Lay the Fuck off. DAMN IT!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-12-31 21:13:01

WELL THEN YOU SHOULD READ THE FUCKING RULES AND REALIZE THAT YOU CANNOT ADVERTISE ANY OTHER SITES ON THIS ONE! LOOK AROUND AND SEE ALL OF THE POSTS LIKE THAT, ALL LOCKED!

You only have one member. Don't come bitchin' to the better forum if your's sucks. I've yet to advertise any of my sites on this one.