00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warning: Fake Tom Email

22,462 Views | 175 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 00:25:56

Gayness...

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 01:25:39

Tom, when you find out whose doing this, you should beat the shit out of them. I got your back man.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 01:36:33

So...how did he get it to say it was from newgrounds.com?

Did he actually hack into your e-mail account? I didn't think that was even possible to access newgrounds.com e-mail as a user...

Srange, thanks for the warning Tom.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 02:17:09

At 3/18/05 01:36 AM, SeeD419 wrote: So...how did he get it to say it was from newgrounds.com?

Did he actually hack into your e-mail account? I didn't think that was even possible to access newgrounds.com e-mail as a user...

pages 1, 2 and 3 can answer that. people give the answer all the time, and it's quite sad that people just ask for the sake of a post.

words

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 02:22:12

Thanks for telling me. That spam got on my computer too. It had your name on it, oh wait that is just the weekly portal nevermind.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 02:58:06

At 3/18/05 02:17 AM, Hypocrite wrote: pages 1, 2 and 3 can answer that. people give the answer all the time, and it's quite sad that people just ask for the sake of a post.

I didn't ask for the sake of a post, I just didn't read through the enitire 3 pages, as I now understand you have, douchebag.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 03:18:09

At 3/17/05 09:51 AM, Zendra wrote: How the hell is is possible to mail with your e-mail adress? :s

You are gonna inform the FBI about this?

He's saying that someone spoofed his e-mail address

Real-----tom@newgrounds.com
Fake----Tom@newgrounds.com

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 03:41:10

ahh the computers are taking over!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 05:48:45

*Cries!* I am sad now, why didnt i get one?!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 06:03:31

There was a 46k file attached called "flash". It is most likely something malicious. Please note that I will NEVER send anyone random files such as this. If you receive an email from me with a file attachment, don't open it until you specifically know the context of our communication!

I've received one from Tom Fulp, and one from Randy Solem. I've also been told that someone sent one out with my email address. Those damn virus-kids are going to pay with their lives!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 07:06:43

At 3/18/05 06:03 AM, JeremyLokken wrote:
There was a 46k file attached called "flash". It is most likely something malicious. Please note that I will NEVER send anyone random files such as this. If you receive an email from me with a file attachment, don't open it until you specifically know the context of our communication!
I've received one from Tom Fulp, and one from Randy Solem. I've also been told that someone sent one out with my email address. Those damn virus-kids are going to pay with their lives!

I've got problems with this kind too. But this wasn't related to NG though... I think...

Anyway, I saw your movie Jeremy and just wanted to say I liked it.

Have a nice day everyone and hope you'll get those arses!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 07:37:49

This is a stupid question but are you going to try and find out who it is?

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 10:02:12

At 3/17/05 06:27 PM, Chrome- wrote: Quite funny how some of you are trying to act as if you know everything to look smart.

Indeed... when they really don't know shit. I bet half of them pay for crappy software over the net instead of downloading torrents to get it for free. And all this talk about hackers and "script kiddies"? LMFAO!

Most of you idiots are pathetic... shit like that happens all the time . And you act like just because someone copied Tom's address that some major crime has occurred? ROFL! Sorry fuckos... you won't be scoring any points with flatulence today. Nice try acting like you know what you're talking about when it's clear to anyone with half a brain that you don't . =D

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 10:31:12

oh great so now some arsehole is doing that. Well tom you should send an email out to everyone to warn them. :)

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 11:18:58

tom l will look in to this Tom@newgrounds.com mostly when you get a email from a website it has that on the end so maybe so one cloned newgrounds or has a name on newgrounds any l will look in this tom

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 11:21:25

it's probally a keylogger trying to get a fromt page animators password to upload their own crappy flashj

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 11:31:50

BOOP BOOP BEE BEEP BOB DOOP DABLE WEEEEEEEEEVM DA COOP!!!!!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 11:36:54

I wonder how someone can do that??

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 12:10:17

hey a tom fulp post LOL hey man do you like pokemon i sure hope you do that would be uber cool

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 12:19:47

Well that conversation got confusing fast. I hope this e-mail doesn't affect all users on the NG mailing lists.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 15:00:51

Lol I just replied fuck off you bloody hacking noob lol

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 15:50:35

At 3/17/05 09:57 AM, GeorgeTopouria wrote: it was me

GT u suck ass,um as for teh emails,anyone responding to Tom@newgrounds.com is an idiot

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 16:34:14

Definitely a hacker. And as for the fake ID, some hackers can do something called "IP Spoofing." Who knows...we might be stopping the next macro virus from spreading.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 17:10:37

This is my first post because I've just gotten pretty fucking pissed off at the ignorance here.

Let me clear something things.

NO, we cant' be sure it's a "hacker". A hacker is a skilled individual, but ANYONE can spoof an e-mail address in 7 seconds and send somebody a malicious file.

And NO, Tom isn't going to try and find out who did it because again, ANYONE can do this. And even if it was possible for him to find out, there'd be no point because:

1. There's nothing he can do.
2. ANYONE can do it again anytime they'd like to.

Thank you very much, even though people are more than likely to just post stupid questions / remarks without reading the last freakin' page.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 17:11:08

At 3/18/05 04:34 PM, Quadropheniac wrote: Definitely a hacker. And as for the fake ID, some hackers can do something called "IP Spoofing." Who knows...we might be stopping the next macro virus from spreading.

Are you fucking high? Did you read any posts? Do you know what hacking is? Apperentally not. This is not hacking, mr friend. It is very simple to do. Do you know how to telnet in your command prompt? Probably not. Well, if you do, then you are the stupidist person I know. Anyway, when telneted, you can send E-mails with any address you enter. You can send it as billgates@microsoft.com or YourMom@Ifuckgirls.org or whatever.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 18:03:24

lol...tom got pwnt......................

Visit my blog and click my ads! Link

If your IQ was any lower, you would trip over it.

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 18:39:25

At 3/18/05 04:43 PM, Chrome- wrote: The replies to this topic, still are fucking hilarious because of the stupidity.

Indeed.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 19:22:19

This....moron...that would do....something....like.....this......find them.......kill them....seriously...they deserve it.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 19:32:51

I get TONS of Spoofed E-mail with my Home school Online Classes. There all Spoofed. But in each of them they got a Files.......... So im sure its not to hard to spoof new gounds stuff then it is to spoof a Teachers Email. ...

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 20:18:55

You should find out who it is, and send them a mail from wade, saying something and having the same file attached. Then delete their accounts. ):<