00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Arnahan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,428 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 06:08:21

The main judge his Johnny_Utah himself. Besides, Rucklo planned an independet judging just like in the previous contest, what came out pretty well. So, why the worries?

I know i'm going to lose so im making a big scene. Its bcuz my percs r to loud. I'm not really shaking in my boots or anything.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 06:35:27

Who said that you are going to lose? This contest has no "losers". Besides, Johnny_Utah wrote himself that he may use some of the tracks here for some certain scences if they fit the feeling. Not to forget, this contest is also for "fun". ;)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 08:10:14

gbot is gay bot

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 08:35:46

Ah! That'll be the retard I ordered.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 08:37:59

At 8/23/06 08:35 AM, WinTang wrote: Ah! That'll be the retard I ordered.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! I say pwned! :) But hey it's a clock, what do you imagen? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 13:40:39

We missed this?

To the CD idea: We should collaborate with Tom to get these CDs in the NG online store!

Already tried something like that before, even with original music on the CDs. He'd have to make a generous cash value off the CDs in order to put them into the stores. We determined that giving them out free, to the supporters of this specific contest, is more valuable then putting them into a store.

Also, Tom would probably have connections to a professional place that could press and package these CDs in large volumes for cheap.

Perhaps, but that'd take too long and would still need a pretty big penny. Whe n the music goes into the NG store, people will question it's quality, how good it is, etc.

1 Why would people buy CDs if they can just DL the music for free?

Apart of the package deal we could add original music, but also the cover art and the inner pamhplets contain information regarding the songs and the artists, along with those other features I can't bring to mind.

And they're not going to cost anything, only shipping.

2 If CDs are to be made, they CANNOT be made from the mp3s we uploaded to the AP. I mean, that's the exact kind of thievery the iTunes Music Store gets away with

The artists hold the original files for their songs, we can get them to export better versions and tag the songs to hell.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 01:49:41

The artists hold the original files for their songs, we can get them to export better versions and tag the songs to hell.

uhhh... one problem with me, and possibly one other person...

the songs i have submitted were created with the trial music program, and i was unable to save the song. Soooo... the high quality version of both of my songs are unable to be high qualitized. :/

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 03:02:59

So I tryed browsing wikipedia to determine if the world knows of my existence and lol this came up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntus
i think i may need a new name : (

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 03:10:55

At 8/24/06 03:02 AM, Syntrus wrote: So I tryed browsing wikipedia to determine if the world knows of my existence and lol this came up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntus
i think i may need a new name : (

oh sry i am stupid i ment to put that in newgrounds audi forum lounge : ( I am retarted.....

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 07:29:09

New threadpage...new list...d'uuuuuuhhh! >: (

Current list of entries...yet again and again and again? updated ;)

I try to point out new subs by marking them "bold", so that you guys can better see what's NEW. ;)

Entries by far: 33

...No talky this time...just listy. :)

Classical submissions:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!

Deflektor76 - My fallen...

MaestroRage - _-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

darkkloud - The Marching

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

Metaljonus - Tankmen Destroyers of All

DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

General Rock submissions:

Bungeetounge - Tankmen

DnB submissions:

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Ambient submissions:

Spikrodd - FL6 - Creepy Loo- AAAAHMAGOD!

Bluegrass submissions:

Mr_Show - That's Tankmen! (Theme Song)

Industrial submissions:

Spikrodd - SpK*) - A Tankmen's Message

SuperDrummer146 - Dreamerz: Machines Will Fall

Techno submissions:

Anth0n - {ANT} - March of the Cyborgs (old)

Anth0n - {ANT} - Battery Power

XBrav_Revolutionz - Synthesized Pathway (old)

Video Game submissions:

Chronamut - *+*+xxxxdasfsfd-remastered+*+*

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+

Jazz submissions:

T7online - T7th Avenue (Tankmen theme)

Trance submissions:

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

Dance submissions:

HouseMasta - HM&DjVisor-"Unnamed Dance"v1.1

Miscellaneous submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - Tankman intro

Ponzjew - Undefinable

GooGum - PIGPEN's Tankmen Theme

WinTang - Buffalos in bikini

kliff - my submission to tankmen

END OF LIST.

Show some <3 and check the subscribers.... >: (

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 18:09:45

Sup?? Here is another "theme" for this contest. Enjoy!

http://www.newground..639117&sub=59467

Tis called "Tankmen Theme". (creative huh??? lol)

-Jon

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 19:17:12

didn't _arbiter_ win???

i thought he did?

if so why is this thing still goin....

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 21:30:34

At 8/24/06 07:32 PM, Deflektor76 wrote:
At 8/24/06 07:17 PM, Father_of_Death wrote: didn't _arbiter_ win???

i thought he did?

if so why is this thing still goin....
No, Johnny Utah only used his song, since it was awesome.

Yeah, what he said...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 21:42:53

This is a really long August lol

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-24 22:43:43

I'm kind of confused, did anyone win yet?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 00:14:15

At 8/24/06 10:43 PM, -OCON- wrote: I'm kind of confused, did anyone win yet?

I doubt it, I actually dont have a clue.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 06:54:19

Noone has won yet.

There will be one (or more) choise Utah makes, and will include the audio in a future flash.
There will also be an independent judging with judges from the Audio Forum. Rules are in development, and a few other things are being worked out as well.

However, only 20 submissions (all "new" ones, no "old") will actually be judged, meaning we´ll nail it down to 20 as soon as the signup close, and then we´ll have a result in 1-3 days.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 07:53:40

At 8/25/06 06:54 AM, Rucklo wrote: Noone has won yet.

Ah, I see now, do we get any hints about next months contest? Or do we have to wait?

=(

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 11:07:31

heh, so since both of my songs were new, does tht meen ill have 2/20 spots in the contetest?

Im god, fucking deal with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 11:44:05

At 8/25/06 11:07 AM, darkkloud wrote: heh, so since both of my songs were new, does tht meen ill have 2/20 spots in the contetest?

Euh? u got two new songs? That´s not allowed.
I am going to download all songs this weekend when i get the time to go to the library, and check things out, so that all is OK.
You first submission in the "new" section is the valid one.

At 8/25/06 07:53 AM, -OCON- wrote:
Ah, I see now, do we get any hints about next months contest? Or do we have to wait?

Actually, I am strongly concidering withdrawing the contest next month. I have a theme, and there´s a fairly good idea, but it kindof feels like there´s not enough people around to make it any good. One reason also is that I think it would be a better contest, if it didn´t happen every month. Reason for this is that I think people would take it more sersioulsy if it were better worked out. Also, this is giving me more time to hook up with "outside" connections, and make it bigger.

What I´m basicly aiming for with the MAC is to awaken the flash artists of the AP, and there are many ways of doing this. I have a few ideas, but some will involve more action from administrators, mainly promoting, but if I can make it good, perhaps even awards. I have worded a little with Tom, and I will make a draft for the next contest I am more secure in is going to happen (october). I want the contest to keep evolving in a serious direction, with more or less involvement from administrators and NG fan-sites. And that requires more work, and many good ideas.

This might be the way it is going to look like, until there is actually a bigger request for an actual "monthly" audio contest, wich I would expect might happen after the upcoming improvement of the AP. The MAC may not be "monthly" until there´s a bigger request for it.
Best thing would of course be if there´s a weekly top 5 or whatever with an automated system that acutally works. Then it would be easier to focus on a theme-based contest ones in a while.

Also, this contest is taking up alot of time. Even though it would be fully possible to make one contest every month, I´m not sure, like mentioned, that there´s actually a need for this. I belive every other/third month would be more then enough. This is not only hard work for me, but for everyone involved, with a judging system, judging, and outside-support.

What I´m basicly saying is that I will take things as they come, things are in developement with the AP apparently, and we´ll see what move the administrators have for the future of the AP. Until things have happened, expect a contest in october to begin with.

As for the finale for this contest, there is something pretty cool that i´m working on, and hopefully it will happen. When things are more certain, I´ll announce it in this thread :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 14:11:57

You're more than right, Rucklo, a MAC each month will not only consume a lot of time and energy for mainly you and secondly all the other people involved in the coordinating/judging, it will also lose its freshness soon.
Anyway, since as I've come to understand the whole Portal gets updated next month, it would be totally fine to take a break from MACing and just explore whatever features will be added and/or taken away...

Plus, I'll get to wear my old sig pic again at times. :D

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 17:58:21

I think if you do have a monthly contest start it around the middle of each month, cause I noticed that this one is kind of dying down. Just an idea ^^

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-25 18:42:52

At 8/25/06 05:58 PM, -OCON- wrote: I think if you do have a monthly contest start it around the middle of each month, cause I noticed that this one is kind of dying down. Just an idea ^^

yeah, its true what you say. But its also a matter of giving people the time they might need... Difficult balance, I guess...
Anyway, we´ll see if i do get around to make a contest for october. I think i will. :)

Chronamut; he´s not "quitting" NG, go re-read what he said in the lounge :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-26 14:30:12

At 8/25/06 06:42 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 8/25/06 05:58 PM, -OCON- wrote: I think if you do have a monthly contest start it around the middle of each month, cause I noticed that this one is kind of dying down. Just an idea ^^
yeah, its true what you say. But its also a matter of giving people the time they might need... Difficult balance, I guess...
Anyway, we´ll see if i do get around to make a contest for october. I think i will. :)

Chronamut; he´s not "quitting" NG, go re-read what he said in the lounge :)

Yeah, the guy isn't posting as much as he used to now, I guess. Whatever though, still good muzik.

So, yeah...how's the contest goin'

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-27 14:20:47

Well i just wanted to say that... even though some 3 weeks ago i said i wouldn't partake in this contest, i changed my mind.

So here's my song, The Fall and Rise of a Hero

I hope i'm not causing too much trouble coming in this late, you know for the judges/judging/organisation and all. If i am just tell me, there will always be next contest :D I don't mind the wait.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-27 14:33:47

At 8/27/06 02:20 PM, General_Leo wrote:
I hope i'm not causing too much trouble coming in this late, you know for the judges/judging/organisation and all. If i am just tell me, there will always be next contest :D I don't mind the wait.

No worries, u got until 1 september ya know :)

At 8/26/06 02:30 PM, SuperDrummer146 wrote:

I´d say it´s hoping pretty well, at least for the artists who have submitted. Many of them have gotten alot of both downloads and reviews, so i´d say its going pretty well this far :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-27 16:43:53

At 8/27/06 02:33 PM, Rucklo wrote: I´d say it´s hoping pretty well, at least for the artists who have submitted. Many of them have gotten alot of both downloads and reviews, so i´d say its going pretty well this far :)

except for me! >:( Ive always been hated! >:(

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-27 18:20:48

At 8/26/06 02:30 PM, SuperDrummer146 wrote:
I´d say it´s hoping pretty well, at least for the artists who have submitted. Many of them have gotten alot of both downloads and reviews, so i´d say its going pretty well this far :)

I have had very few of both downloads and reviews. Yo I would love more feedback though.

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-27 22:32:02

I am just so insanely happy that these contest things are coming along well. I must give you props Rucklo, I would have never been able to build such an intricate design, and actually have awards that would mean something. That is after all the biggest hole in the contests, a prize that people will shoot for.

The other problem of course, is the waiting. Waiting for weeks and weeks without ZOMG new additions and news every day makes it seem like the contest is dying. To those who think like that, stop it >:(.

So where many have failed (myself included), you succeeded, and so I wanted to personally give you props. This contest was also the venom that forced me back to my friends here, though i'm not nearly as available as I wish I was... I sigh... *sigh*.

So yes, good stuff. I'm going to go listen to some of the entries, before we try to become closer to the flash section, I feel we should all become a tighter community first.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-28 07:28:13

...New list...d'uuuuuuhhh! >: (

Current list of entries...

I try to point out new subs by marking them "bold", so that you guys can better see what's NEW. ;)

Entries by far: 32

...Ok, I have to admit I overlooked the fact that some people like darkkloud for example submitted "two" new songs, which is what rucklo already mentioned, not allowed. So therefore, sry for my mistake. I provide you with an updated list...Keep in mind that rucklo has the final word what's on the judgement list and what's not! :)

Classical submissions:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!

Deflektor76 - My fallen...

MaestroRage - _-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

General_Leo - The Fall and Rise of a Hero

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

Metaljonus - Tankmen Destroyers of All

DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

General Rock submissions:

Bungeetounge - Tankmen

DnB submissions:

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Ambient submissions:

Spikrodd - FL6 - Creepy Loo- AAAAHMAGOD!

Bluegrass submissions:

Mr_Show - That's Tankmen! (Theme Song)

Industrial submissions:

Spikrodd - SpK*) - A Tankmen's Message

SuperDrummer146 - Dreamerz: Machines Will Fall

Techno submissions:

Anth0n - {ANT} - March of the Cyborgs (old)

Anth0n - {ANT} - Battery Power

XBrav_Revolutionz - Synthesized Pathway (old)

Video Game submissions:

Chronamut - *+*+xxxxdasfsfd-remastered+*+*

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+

Jazz submissions:

T7online - T7th Avenue (Tankmen theme)

Trance submissions:

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

Dance submissions:

HouseMasta - HM&DjVisor-"Unnamed Dance"v1.1

Miscellaneous submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - Tankman intro