00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Arnahan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,426 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 19:29:48

YEAH, chill you bastard!! NONE of you "friggin" guys have checked out my contest entry! >: (

If you don't gonna do that in the next 12 hours....I`m gonna eat your babys!!! >: ((((

lol

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 19:48:37

At 8/19/06 07:29 PM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: YEAH, chill you bastard!! NONE of you "friggin" guys have checked out my contest entry! >: (

If you don't gonna do that in the next 12 hours....I`m gonna eat your babys!!! >: ((((

lol

Jeeeesus, give me some time.
I do have other things on my hands as well.
No worries, I'll get to your track.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 21:23:18

I've been asked by a few people if I could provide some lines from the flash, to be sampled in their submission. I've gathered some together and am posting them HERE.

I don't really know if I'd encourage making a theme out of soundclips like these, as it would be too distracting to be included over anything with dialogue. Then again, If it really rocks, I'll find a place for it.

ok go!

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 21:25:29

At 8/19/06 09:23 PM, Johnny_Utah wrote: I've been asked by a few people if I could provide some lines from the flash, to be sampled in their submission. I've gathered some together and am posting them HERE.

shit, I'd also like to add they're all in .aif format. They should be compatible with all audio editing programs, but if you have trouble, quicktime should be able to export them as wavs.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 23:23:11

Do the tankmen have Battery Power? Because that's my August submission.

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 03:34:20

At 8/19/06 11:23 PM, Anth0n wrote: Do the tankmen have Battery Power? Because that's my August submission.

dude, even if this isn't technically the "winner" of best theme....I still think I may have a use for it. I was on the lookout for something fast paced like this for a specific scene. awesome, awesome job.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 05:21:35

At 8/17/06 07:25 PM, Bungeetounge wrote: Thought I'd throw my hat i the ring for shits and giggles. Here you go.
Tankmen

very cool

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 07:09:20

At 8/19/06 09:23 PM, Johnny_Utah wrote: I've been asked by a few people if I could provide some lines from the flash, to be sampled in their submission. I've gathered some together and am posting them HERE.

I don't really know if I'd encourage making a theme out of soundclips like these, as it would be too distracting to be included over anything with dialogue. Then again, If it really rocks, I'll find a place for it.

ok go!

HOLY CRAP! i'll just be running off to make a song out of these, i'll PM you when i make it, are you ready for tankmen techno? ARE YOU??? (we are so fucked)

\" \ " / "/ - Myspace

\" \ " / "/ - Xenovora - my best song yet

\" \ " / "/ - my website

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 08:37:27

At 8/20/06 07:09 AM, DJCityScape wrote:
HOLY CRAP! i'll just be running off to make a song out of these

HELL yeah, these samples are awsome, good quality too!
I cant wait to get my CD skratcher back :D

I only missed one sample, the one where the tank is "actually calling his name". Not that i had any major plans amking something out of that specific sample, but that comment makes me laugh "come...come here tim(or whatever name it is) touch my barrel..." and then giggling... Ace stuff :-D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 10:11:17

Tom made a Tankmen collection page. Neat stuff!

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 11:21:47

Actually, if you need a song for fast-paced action, I have a better one. I posted down an old song already but maybe you could consider this one instead. Cyclone Escape

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 11:43:42

At the end of this MAC I assume there will be a full list of all the contestants? I have already reviewed some of the songs but I would like to review all the songs that were entered into this contest ^^

Good luck guys!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 13:19:34

At 8/20/06 11:21 AM, Anth0n wrote: Actually, if you need a song for fast-paced action, I have a better one. I posted down an old song already but maybe you could consider this one instead. Cyclone Escape
4 - This month TWO SONGS from each user is accepted. The reason for this is because you might have an OLD song that would suite the Tankmen perfectly. This mean one song from August is accepted, and one older song.
At 8/19/06 07:21 PM, SadSpoon wrote: taek a chillz pillz man it were a joek!!!!1

Ouch, if that's how you think of me >: (

I will destroy you piece by piece over time, and I will start with your ambitions.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 13:29:38

So what's the current standings?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 13:36:45

Standings?

Check page eight.

There's a lot of stuff going on with Tankmen, but the contest if still on.

At 8/20/06 11:43 AM, -OCON- wrote: but I would like to review all the songs that were entered into this contest ^^

There's a list by Darkside on page eight, which should be easy for you to check out the entries after that point.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 20:16:49

Chronamut damnit man come on your songs are quite decent.

And yeah I know on page 8 I just wanted to see the standings after the new ones.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 21:11:50

HM&DjVisor-"Unnamed Dance"v1.1

thats my add. i know its a work in progress, but what the hell, i could use some pointers and maybe someone will help me with the lyrics!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-20 21:31:10

At 8/20/06 09:11 PM, HouseMasta wrote: HM&DjVisor-"Unnamed Dance"v1.1

thats my add. i know its a work in progress, but what the hell, i could use some pointers and maybe someone will help me with the lyrics!

Shit HouseMasta haven't heard from ya in years! Haha I used to be DJ_XBrav

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 03:45:58

Well I think as much as we want to kid ourselves that the compeition is still on, out of the many Tankmen addditions/spoofs I've seen, quite a few feature Arbiter's piece. Whoever wins the contest, know that you have already lost.

P

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 05:28:59

Current list of entries...yet again and again updated

I try to point out new subs by marking them "bold", so that you guys can better see what's NEW. ;)

Entries by far: 32

...Just to inform you again, this is still a CONTEST not a COMISSION! Don't pm Johnny_Utah that your submission is finished and he should check it out! He will check all submissions when the deadline of the contest is reached...Which will be in 10 days. Remember, you can only enter with 1 old submission. Your second submission (if you consider submitting one) has to be a new tune that should fit the motto of this contest.

It's a TANKMEN THEME contest you know. ;) Check the friggin 1. page for more informations.

Nuff chit chat...As wished the current stand. Oh and check your braces if the link to your submission is right etc. :-P

Classical submissions:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!

Deflektor76 - My fallen...

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

darkkloud - The Marching

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

Metaljonus - Tankmen Destroyers of All

DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

General Rock submissions:

Bungeetounge - Tankmen

DnB submissions:

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Ambient submissions:

Spikrodd - FL6 - Creepy Loo- AAAAHMAGOD!

Bluegrass submissions:

Mr_Show - That's Tankmen! (Theme Song)

Industrial submissions:

Spikrodd - SpK*) - A Tankmen's Message

SuperDrummer146 - Dreamerz: Machines Will Fall

Techno submissions:

Anth0n - {ANT} - March of the Cyborgs (old)

Anth0n - {ANT} - Battery Power

XBrav_Revolutionz - Synthesized Pathway (old)

Video Game submissions:

Chronamut - *+*+xxxxdasfsfd-remastered+*+*

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+

Jazz submissions:

T7online - T7th Avenue (Tankmen theme)

Trance submissions:

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

Dance submissions:

HouseMasta - HM&DjVisor-"Unnamed Dance"v1.1

Miscellaneous submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - Tankman intro

Ponzjew - Undefinable

GooGum - PIGPEN's Tankmen Theme

WinTang - Buffalos in bikini

kliff - my submission to tankmen

END OF LIST.

Show me some <3....LoLlOl!11 >: (

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 09:27:25

At 8/20/06 09:31 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: Shit HouseMasta haven't heard from ya in years! Haha I used to be DJ_XBrav

Wow, it HAS been a while!! i PMed you!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 13:06:35

HTNKANK YOU FOR THE LIST >:(

nice job ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 14:26:54

Yes! Thanks you for the list. It's going to make my life 10 times easier to review all the contest entries now :D I know some are not submitted yet but i'm not going to wait like last time and do all the reviews in one shot... just too long.

*Shows some <3

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 15:26:33

JUDGE HUNTING SEASON IS ON!!!!

I have decided that we shall try to hold an independent judging, much like the one in the last MAC. Or well, its not gonna be alot like the previous one i guess... The judges will get other kind of guidlines, and we might even see a brand new judging system!

At the moment, there are no judges at all.

If you are interested in judging, and do NOT have any sumissions in this MAC, please PM me and let me know that you are interested.

I am not making any promises that this is actually going to happen, I´ll try and see what come out of it. If it sux, then there will be no independent judging this MAC.

Hopefully it will happen, but in that case we´ll need judges!!! :)

Awards for the winner of an independent judging would be a sig-pic, and frontpage, along with the winner Utah picks.
A few things are being considered and I am looking around, currently waiting for a few replies and stuff, but until stuff is 100%, JUDGES is what I´m looking for right now!!!

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-21 16:07:35

I have asked Utah of what content he wishes to be in the judging process, I suppose he´s a busy man, just like the rest of us. :)
Basicly, I´d say he´s done enough for the contest already, and more important bringing the AP closer to the flash people (that´s one of the basic foundations this contest rests on). I have just a few minutes ago sent him a PM with a few suggestions, so yeah, we´ll see what part (if any) he´ll have in the independent judging.
What I´ve suggested should be of no interest for the public. When a decition is made, i´ll make a post about it, as with everything else :)

I´m trying to stick on keeping ideas silent until they are 100%. Like I earlier mentioned, a few things are being worked out, and we´ll see if anything happens with it.

Like always, everyone is warmly welcome to come with ideas to make the MAC better. Some things, like judging rules and so on, will be more difficult to apply the ideas unless they are very straight forward and just... This is because making a just and fair judging system is not an easy thing, and too many wills could make things messy.

Most likley the judging will be narrowed down to only 20 contest entries. No "old" entries will participate in the independent judging. LJCoffee have had many good ideas for the judging itself, and he have agreed to evolve his ideas into the new basics of the judging system. Like it should, every theme requires adjusted judging systems...

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-22 06:18:06

im just being curious, but, when you meant that johnny would individually review the entries, did he mean that he would post it on the bbs or on the ap review list for that said song?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-22 09:58:00

At 8/22/06 06:18 AM, Spikrodd wrote: im just being curious, but, when you meant that johnny would individually review the entries, did he mean that he would post it on the bbs or on the ap review list for that said song?

huh when did i mention that?
anyway, a few things are being worked out, and i´d rather not mention anything until it´s 100%.
Were currently working on how to present the winner, and a little of this and a little of that :)

It is not yet decided if there will be reviewing at all this time, but hopefully there will be, we´ll see.

If there will be reviewing, it will most likley be put in this thread. If, by the reviewer´s choise, it is incouraged to put the reviews in the indivdual song too, but that will not be a requirement at all, just like the previous MAC.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-22 23:52:35

_-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

Hey guys, so i've decided to compete, and after many many hours of thought, it seems the only way to do it, is by creating a new account. Oh well, now I have an excuse to start submitting again.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 02:21:57

i think the judging process is very difficult cuz there is no way to tell who knows who. who is an alt of who. I am ultimatly saying its hard to choose a judge. Maybe johnny utah can some of his big names like wade, tom, Knox, Afro Ninja David Firth or Stamper to help judge?

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-23 05:30:41

At 8/23/06 02:21 AM, Syntrus wrote: i think the judging process is very difficult cuz ....

Huh? Dude, sry but I don't really get your point here. Why can't you tell who is who? You actually can. I don't see a single ALT account in this contest, except for MaestroSorrow's because of the earlier discussed problem. About the judging, read Rucklo's post above.

The main judge his Johnny_Utah himself. Besides, Rucklo planned an independet judging just like in the previous contest, what came out pretty well. So, why the worries?

BBS Signature