00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GreenNakamuraGPC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Thread: Video Game Rising

217,073 Views | 1,134 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-25 17:41:37

At 10/25/06 05:35 PM, Stamper wrote: Yeah, it would have looked better like this, although it's only personal preference. I still don't really know what's happening.

that's awesome. maybe i should tweek with the contrasts and brightness a bit. i can re-submit right?

If you're reading this you've gone too far :3

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-25 18:30:07

At 10/25/06 05:41 PM, Nobbin-Robin wrote:
At 10/25/06 05:35 PM, Stamper wrote: Yeah, it would have looked better like this, although it's only personal preference. I still don't really know what's happening.
that's awesome. maybe i should tweek with the contrasts and brightness a bit. i can re-submit right?

Why not!

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-25 18:48:08

the fleshs eems abit too bright but its still good :)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-26 14:13:34

the best point of the whole game was when you turned into a radioactive freak ad smashed though walls

pretty pointless but saved on rocket lancher ammo

that some lip smacking work you`ve done there.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-26 15:13:26

uuhm get some to move this

GO BROWNS

GO BUCKS

AND GO EAGLES LMAO

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 13:39:50

here's my third and last entry for this contest, 47:

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 14:19:35

I'm going to take one more crack at this. A lot of my friends really couldn't tell what was going on in the previous picture. so I got rid of the close-up gun and just put him in a basic pose. I also know that it still is kinda dark, but that's how i wanted the lighting to be. Again comments are greatly appreciated. I also Highly suggest you look at the larger picture found HERE. It really shows A LOT more of the detail I put into it. So once again here's

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 15:26:03

Dude it's still really dark, that's the whole problem. You didn't have to ditch the gun, if anything that gave it perspective, some range. But you gotta give it contrast and highlights and shit word. Maybe your monitor is too bright or something. I think what you're referring to as the lighting is really just a lack there of. You have to give it some brighter points, some points of interests to direct the eye and all that, or else no one is going to know what they're looking at. Compositional lighting, hombre. Talkin' about values and all that ya hear yo talkin' about street life true

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 15:34:52

DOUBLE DECKER POST

Yeah, Stamper's adjustments were pretty much the way to go, I think. And I think you should bring back the gun, it was awesome, and maybe shade under his chin and try to make his face stand out more, because I just realized that's what I was looking at. The skull looked like his head at first. It could be a really great picture if you gave it some damn value range. The whole thing is dark dark dark grey.

I think I know what you're going for here, and I know it's tough to exit the comfort zone of how you think you want it to look, but I think you gotta trust the general consensus here and try brightening it up. Like a LOT. You could stick with the grey monotone deal I think you're going for, and still brighten it up, but right now it's pretty muddy and indecipherable.

:IMHO LOL

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 16:10:27

Hey for the above image... I'm having trouble telling is that image on his chest is a silkscreen on the shirt of a real skull... Bring highlights to his face and make it come closer to the viewer. Right now the chest image is over powering. However I do love the color choices and how you made red and green evil for this image. Nice use of complimenty colors, homes.

PS - I love the gun down way more thnt up. Good idea to bring it down, but maybe add something to that left, bottom corner now.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 16:32:30

GET YOUR FINAL SUBMISSIONS IN KIDS

4 DAYS LEFT UNTIL WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED

PRIZES ARE CHARITABLY AWARDED

AND A NEW CONTEST BEGINS

GO GO GO

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 16:50:58

gimme a minute gimme a second gimme a second

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 22:23:19

At 10/27/06 02:19 PM, Nobbin-Robin wrote: I'm going to take one more crack at this. A lot of my friends really couldn't tell what was going on in the previous picture. so I got rid of the close-up gun and just put him in a basic pose. I also know that it still is kinda dark, but that's how i wanted the lighting to be. Again comments are greatly appreciated. I also Highly suggest you look at the larger picture found HERE. It really shows A LOT more of the detail I put into it. So once again here's

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

It's ok.
I really like it. I don't see why people are being so bitchy just because it's dark.
It looks like you put a lot of hard work into it, and I hope you get something out of this contest, so your effort won't be in vain.

I still don't know what game it's from though :[

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 23:08:30

At 10/27/06 10:23 PM, MadCow wrote: I still don't know what game it's from though :[

You've never heard of Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the SNES? It was one of its greatest games!

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 23:15:14

At 10/27/06 02:19 PM, Nobbin-Robin wrote:
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Lots better, even if those others don't agree. Its really good, it has a nice dark since. Also the way you did it makes the background just as important as the main image, which makes it more complete then just a really good image on a crappy background (like my last one).

THUMBS UP.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-27 23:59:24

if i win im donating all my proceeds to testicular cancer.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 01:16:43

At 10/27/06 11:59 PM, Luis wrote: if i win im donating all my proceeds to testicular cancer.

And the shirt?

"This testicular cancer sure sucks, but at least I have a Newgrounds shirt"

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 01:21:49

At 10/27/06 11:59 PM, Luis wrote: if i win im donating all my proceeds to testicular cancer.

Don't you need to submit something to win?

<3

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 02:08:37

At 10/25/06 03:49 PM, Nobbin-Robin wrote: I would just like to say that this was composed entirely with a mouse. That's why there was such a delay. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. A larger photo may be found here:

http://img314.image.../finalzombiesmallerf w8.jpg

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

... because squirt guns don’t make the best artillery.

It looks like his arm is the gun!!!!!! Move the cun to the side or sumtin so you can see the hangle and the arm!

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 02:14:21

i am TOTALLY keeping the shirt.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 02:45:01

if I win I will donate my shirt to luis

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 02:59:04

At 10/28/06 02:45 AM, DINNNER wrote: if I win I will donate my shirt to luis

if you guys win i'll donate shirts to you guys

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 04:05:05

man feel kinda bad for putting up so many posts for ONE picture. maybe the mods can delete some. well anyway i think i'm tired of continuosly editing this thing so these will be my last posts. the first one is the one with the gun close-up. i'm tired.

Large Gun

No Gun

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 04:07:07

last one.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 04:59:36

At 10/28/06 04:05 AM, Nobbin-Robin wrote: Large Gun

Looks fantastic.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 06:27:22

At 10/28/06 04:05 AM, Nobbin-Robin wrote:
Large Gun

Instant win. This one gets my vote. (Eventhough we ain't voting.)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 10:56:02

There, now we almost know what's going on haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 11:48:24

Ha! I know I'm losing, but whatever.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 13:46:23

Well I colored it.
What can I say, I have time to waste.

Large version where you can actualy see shit: http://www.deviantar../deviation/42117909/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-28 14:08:30

At 10/28/06 01:46 PM, poxpower wrote: Well I colored it.
What can I say, I have time to waste.

Large version where you can actualy see shit: http://www.deviantar../deviation/42117909/

You ever think of doing poster? I bet you could make some serious money.

*Two Thumbs up, and a couple toes.