00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tshtsh17 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Thread: Video Game Rising

217,058 Views | 1,134 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 18:46:18

At 10/30/06 03:37 PM, BoMToons wrote: One for the eve of All-Hallows Eve:
Big Pic HERE!

I was wondering why no one did Rampage, although it took me a while to figure out it was rampage. Anyway George looks more like a bear than an ape, and it looks a little cartoony but it's still pretty cool.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 18:50:15

At 10/30/06 09:40 AM, eggatron wrote: Agent 47.

lightwave, painter & photoshop

full size

My God I think Agent 47 has now officially been done more often the Link. Seriously what is this the 7th 47? I'm not trying to call you unoriginal I'm just making an observation. Anyway the hand seems a little too big, but other then that it's very nice.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 18:51:49

Still waiting for Grand Theft Auto: Graveyard Shift, I hope the guy gets it done in time (and even if he doesn't I still hope he posts the end result here).

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 19:03:43

At 10/30/06 06:51 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: Still waiting for Grand Theft Auto: Graveyard Shift, I hope the guy gets it done in time (and even if he doesn't I still hope he posts the end result here).

Wasn't that Luis? Didnt he finish already? If he didnt, it's because he's working on his halloween movie, but im pretty sure he did finish.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 20:16:19

At 10/30/06 06:50 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: My God I think Agent 47 has now officially been done more often the Link. Seriously what is this the 7th 47? I'm not trying to call you unoriginal I'm just making an observation.

Yeah, I'd noticed that. When I started (and then restarted and then restarted) getting confused by it there was only one.

:Anyway the hand seems a little too big, but other then that it's very nice.

I should probably have stopped to look at the output at some point to see that. Spent far too long arsing about, dragginf this here and that there.

I also made this one, but he may be conducting an orchestra...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 22:33:10

At 10/30/06 09:16 PM, BadReligionSkater wrote: I drew Lord Jabu-Jabu. (Large image).

That looks pretty.

Also, pox is insane.

He probably is.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 23:06:17

At 10/30/06 07:03 PM, TheZombieSheep wrote:
At 10/30/06 06:51 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: Still waiting for Grand Theft Auto: Graveyard Shift, I hope the guy gets it done in time (and even if he doesn't I still hope he posts the end result here).
Wasn't that Luis? Didnt he finish already? If he didnt, it's because he's working on his halloween movie, but im pretty sure he did finish.

Yes it was Luis, and no he didn't finish he posted a uncolored outline of it but that was it.

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 23:06:25

I went ahead and improved on my submission from page thirty-somethingorother based on some of the criticism I received and ended up with what one will find below. I'm satisfied with what I did but I do wish I had some more time so that I could do more to improve it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-30 23:13:56

At 10/30/06 08:16 PM, eggatron wrote:
I also made this one, but he may be conducting an orchestra...

Wooow . . . that's very nice. I love the detail especially in his face and jacket. How did you make this?

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 00:08:15

I love Zompage. Cool angle.

Finishing my drawing at some point, have been working on my movie.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 01:51:38

It’s not that great but I figure what the hell. Zombie PacMan, Zombie Pong, and Zombie Tetris Pieces, chasing after poor Blinky’s delicious brain.

It was done completely is MS Paint.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:00:19

Alien Hominid...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:29:14

At 10/31/06 02:00 AM, deadspread83 wrote: Alien Hominid...

i like the pose of the kitty and string of guts.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:30:11

k i finally finished something today.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:35:14

At 10/30/06 09:16 PM, BadReligionSkater wrote: I drew Lord Jabu-Jabu. (Large image).

Also, pox is insane.

thats very cool, although I have no idea what it is.

ALSO...while I wont name anybody specific (lmao) I just want everbody to know we're not just judging on drawing skill and effort. there needs to be some creative ideas in there. There's certain entries that look like they took a fraction of the time of others, but I just like them more because they're very clever or hilarious.

-just so you know, so there's no outrage when we announce the winners.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:40:36

Okay so I've been working on this for kind of a month, though intermittendly because I just started a new job. I had a much grander idea of it in my head, but I just didn't have the time to do the elaborate background and other characters I wanted to do. I just finished coloring it on friday, went away and got blasted for a halloween party smash, scanned and added this background and dressing type such as so

Colored pencils, markers, then colored pencils again, plus ink, plus dandruff lol, on bristol board

Nobody played this game but I loved it. Here is a 144 dpi version of the drawing.

And because progress shots were the hot new style this time around, I decided to take some myself.
One Two Three Four Five Six Seven
Eight

It really loses a lot at the small size but I might do more with it later. I'm happy with how the drawing turned out.

so late in the game i musta lost my mind

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:46:56

At 10/31/06 02:40 AM, DINNNER wrote:

very nice sir, and I'm one of the few that did play it. well done.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 02:50:34

DETAIL, UNEDITED

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 03:04:28

Nobody played this game but I loved it. Here is a 144 dpi version of the drawing.

Oh, I've played this game. I found it to be a pretty good game.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"

Personal Development

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 03:09:10

Great job Dinnner!

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 03:44:23

I updated my piece a little.

Twitter: @TommyElfving

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 04:05:11

Just in time!!! Damn, some of the entries are kick-ass.

It's Tales of Symphonia.

Clarification!: The spell called "Nurse" is a technique that heals all the party members. It's visually represented by the magician summoning a bunch of nurses and they run around and "patch up" the characters. In this case, the characters are still regaining HP from the spell, but in a different way...

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 06:07:00

i loved this game so much

...Kilroy was here

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 08:04:38

Some nice last-minute entries :o

I love the coloring on the Rocket Fox guy.

At 10/31/06 02:35 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
ALSO...while I wont name anybody specific (lmao) I just want everbody to know we're not just judging on drawing skill and effort. there needs to be some creative ideas in there. There's certain entries that look like they took a fraction of the time of others, but I just like them more because they're very clever or hilarious.

Anyways, yeah I realise it would be unfair otherwise, but this IS the art forum, and not the "joke" forum :o

haha whatever I don't care, I just wish we could have two contests per month instead of just one, because its just way too long for one theme :/ It feels like its been halloween forever.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 08:51:15

i dont usally like realistic art, but this is amazing! how long did it take you?! oh yeah (because of profile) your not an acholic are you?!!

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 08:54:26

eggatrons agent 47, i mean

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 08:55:31

Yeah, I meant plagiarism. Strange, because when I looked it up in the dictionary it said plagiacy. Oh well. Anyway, I think the only good way to find out about plagiarism is to get yourself one of those law books. You could ask a random attorney/judge too.

Redrawing game characters isn't illegal, unless you're going to sell the pictures, if I remember correctly. It's recreating images that is illegal.

And I agree with pox, I think demi-monthly would be better. (Is demi-monthly a word?)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 09:39:02

At 10/31/06 02:35 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:

There's certain entries that look like they took a fraction of the time of others, but I just like them more because they're very clever or hilarious.

-just so you know, so there's no outrage when we announce the winners.

Give the Zombie Pong picture from near the start of the thread the top prize.

That would be hilarious.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 10:27:59

At 10/31/06 02:40 AM, DINNNER wrote: Okay so I've been working on this for kind of a month, though intermittendly because I just started a new job. I had a much grander......

holy shit! a midget atached to a rocket, holding a bomb, and welding a flaming sword! i must find this game.

If you're reading this you've gone too far :3

Response to Art Thread: Video Game Rising 2006-10-31 11:07:25

At 10/31/06 08:04 AM, poxpower wrote: Anyways, yeah I realise it would be unfair otherwise, but this IS the art forum, and not the "joke" forum :o

haha whatever I don't care, I just wish we could have two contests per month instead of just one, because its just way too long for one theme :/ It feels like its been halloween forever.

you know I do love alot of your work, but this is a specific contest with specific conditions
(and I never said it had to be hilarious, just a creative idea)

and yeah, we're going to shorten the contests to two weeks a piece.

BBS Signature