00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Avrram just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

299,536 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-05 07:33:07

At 8/4/08 05:31 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote:
The Praetorians will most likely be something along the lines of "Zulu" and the Boer Wars, with bright red jackets, pith helmets and monocle popping officers ordering their world weary sergeants to "give those savages another volley"

Don't forget the handlebar moustaches.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-05 10:48:40

At 8/4/08 05:12 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Issue 345 will be one of those issues that will sell out rapidly, mostly because of the miniatures included. When they did the same some years ago by including a dwarf and goblin they knew they had pure gold right there. Same here, only the miniatures are slightly bigger and of better detail.

And are generaly more expensive if bought in the boxed sets...

The hobby isn't something some people can just jump into. Much like a screaming baby, it requires care, money and time. Only thankfully neglect is not punishable in relation to the hobby.

god if I don't know that, I've had to babysit for my auntie so many times :(

It never during those chats as a means of "getting you started proper." Don't be afraid to give them a good smack if they go overboard, they tend to think girls are daft boobs that need all the help in the world. I know they treat my girl that way whenever she's tagging along.

Ouch, in the UK they treat all customers the same, the compleate new foriengners that aren't likely to buy anything or the people who have spent £8797 and won 3 tournaments.

And as before, if you visit them on a weekday when the screaming kids are less likely to be around you can play a demo game with the staff to give you an idea of how things roll.

Screaming kids? Again you are unlucky, in my local store the most annoying customers are the over excited 40 year old fat spotty nerds, (if you are one of these people please try to be calmer). Where as the pre-teens normaly just paint their guys and look through each others codexes...

You can also get a free painting lesson and a free mini in the bargain. Another option would be to enroll in their academies, where you learn to play, paint and whatnot in the span of five weeks with a gift at the end for "graduating".

The free painting sessions also tend to use the newest paints, which is a good thing overall...

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-05 10:50:23

At 8/5/08 07:33 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote:
At 8/4/08 05:31 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote:
The Praetorians will most likely be something along the lines of "Zulu" and the Boer Wars, with bright red jackets, pith helmets and monocle popping officers ordering their world weary sergeants to "give those savages another volley"
Don't forget the handlebar moustaches.

You have successfuly made me want to read the praetorian story, I find the idea of 18 century racist british troopers firing at aliens a hilarious idea.

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-05 14:05:10

At 8/5/08 10:50 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: You have successfuly made me want to read the praetorian story, I find the idea of 18 century racist british troopers firing at aliens a hilarious idea.

Racist British? Did I miss a memo here or something?

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-05 17:18:59

At 8/5/08 02:05 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Racist British? Did I miss a memo here or something?

I was just implying that at that time Britain (and Europe generally) was very VERY racist.

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-05 17:32:56

Ah yes.

I quit.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-06 14:30:55

At 8/5/08 05:32 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Ah yes.

I quit.

Don't be like that, if its an condolence, Americans were racist as well during that time.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-06 14:55:14

I went into GW earlier preparing to start a Deathwing army. I then saw that a box of five plastic terminators is £25 ($50), so I blanked the over-eager annoying staff and walked out in disgust...

down on the upside

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-07 06:13:36

At 8/6/08 02:55 PM, Randominator wrote: I went into GW earlier preparing to start a Deathwing army. I then saw that a box of five plastic terminators is £25 ($50), so I blanked the over-eager annoying staff and walked out in disgust...

Well if price is an issue then you could use the E-bay stores (33% off and free postage? Fuck yes) or one of the other websites, though Warhammer is unfortunately expensive if you don't have a large disposable income. Though if your going to be playing a bunch of games I recommend a 500-750 points army, just get a battle-force and a HQ, maybe a tank as well and your done. Should only be £90 in all...

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-07 06:15:47

At 8/6/08 02:30 PM, JaconWes wrote:
At 8/5/08 05:32 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Ah yes.

I quit.
Don't be like that, if its an condolence, Americans were racist as well during that time.

You were either racist or being treated like scum (racism) though I guess it is in the 41st millennium... (Sorry if that was spelt wrong but spell check is having a retard day and isn't working)

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-08 14:02:59

At 8/7/08 06:15 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: You were either racist or being treated like scum (racism) though I guess it is in the 41st millennium... (Sorry if that was spelt wrong but spell check is having a retard day and isn't working)

I meant in real life, and back during that time, there was uber racism in america.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-08 19:00:02

At 8/8/08 02:02 PM, JaconWes wrote:
At 8/7/08 06:15 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: You were either racist or being treated like scum (racism) though I guess it is in the 41st millennium... (Sorry if that was spelt wrong but spell check is having a retard day and isn't working)
I meant in real life, and back during that time, there was uber racism in america.

Yes, I know.

So are we still getting the preatorian story brookman? Or is the idea not very appealing now...

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-09 16:29:12

At 8/8/08 07:00 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: So are we still getting the preatorian story brookman? Or is the idea not very appealing now...

Thanks for killing it you fucking bastard, it was supposed to be an anniversary gift.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-11 14:35:47

Now thats the kinda Praetorian I like.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-11 16:28:17

At 8/9/08 04:29 PM, Mizz-Blowz wrote:
At 8/8/08 07:00 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: So are we still getting the preatorian story brookman? Or is the idea not very appealing now...
Thanks for killing it you fucking bastard, it was supposed to be an anniversary gift.

I was just commenting on how the models looked, it was a simple connection and it fits perfectly,
while the Praetorians might not be racist the models look exactly like racist british troopers.

Oh and that picture is quite good.

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-12 04:10:19

At 8/11/08 04:28 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote:
At 8/9/08 04:29 PM, Mizz-Blowz wrote:
I was just commenting on how the models looked, it was a simple connection and it fits perfectly,
while the Praetorians might not be racist the models look exactly like racist british troopers.

Oh and that picture is quite good.

Where do you get this notion? Are you saying that my great grandfather who fought in both the Zulu and Boers wars is a fecking racist? The man got a VC for bravery and you dare say that he is a racist? You boy are a fucking idiot. A FUCKING IDIOT.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-12 14:53:14

At 8/12/08 04:10 AM, Mizz-Blowz wrote: Where do you get this notion? Are you saying that my great grandfather who fought in both the Zulu and Boers wars is a fecking racist? The man got a VC for bravery and you dare say that he is a racist? You boy are a fucking idiot. A FUCKING IDIOT.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, calm down, he meant no offense it was a mistake a mistake, he is nearly goign by the notion of how some of the british troopers who fought in Britains colonies treated the local populace unfairly. Not all, theres no need to yelll or curse at a mistake, better if you show him where hes going wrong and tell him not to make the mistake again.

Anyways, I plan on going to the GW soon enough to get those devastators, I also wanna test them out against those pesky tyranids.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-12 16:32:31

She's upset that I won't be dedicating it to her for some time to come, because yes all the fucking joy of writing about them has been killed.

However, I do agree that he is a total fucking idiot for not only making such a blatantly wrong and insulting statement, but also sticking to it like an indoctrinated hitler youth nazi convinced of the final solution.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-13 06:46:54

I'm getting excited for my birthday on the 19th, since my friends and I will be having a LAN party and play Dawn of War. We're going to have a massive 7 way battle.

I can't wait to gut the Tau, smash the Eldar, annihilate the Necrons, murder the Space Marines, exterminate the Chaos Marines and destroy the Orks. All in the name of the Emperor, of course.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-14 04:01:06

Space Marine extravaganza

HQ.
Chapter Master
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A4 Ld10 Sv3+

Captain
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv 3+

Chaplain
- Ws5 Bs4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv3+

Librarian
- Ws5 Bs4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv3+

Master of the Forge
- Ws4 Bs5 S4 T4 W2 In4 A2 Ld10 Sv2+

Honour Guard (?-10)
- Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv2+ 30+ points as standard.

Command Squad:
- May only be taken by captains.

Kor'Sarro Khan, Captain of the White Scars 3rd Company
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 In5 At3 Ld10 Sv3+

Kayvaan Shrike
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 In5 At3 Ld10 Sv3+

Pedro Cantor
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W4 In5 At4 Ld10 Sv2+

Marneus Calgar
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W4 In5 At4 Ld10 Sv2+

Chaplain Cassius
- Ws5 Bs4 S4 T6(!) W2 In5 At3 Ld10 Sv 3+

Chief Librarian Tigurius

Captain Lysander
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 In4 At4 Ld10 Sv2+

Captain Sicarius
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 In4 At3 Ld10 Sv3+

Vulkan He'stan
- Ws6 Bs5 S4 T4 W3 In4 At3 Ld10 Sv2+

Brother Chronus
- Upgrade for a Space Marine Vehicle

Scout Sergeant Telion
- Upgrade for Scout Squad

Elites.
Sternguard Veterans (5-10):
- Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv3+
Dreadnaught: Just like now, also may take twin CCW's or twin autocannons.

Venerable Dreadnaught: WS and BS 5, with most of the Dreadnaught's basic weapons options.

Ironclad Dreadnaught: Basic Dreadnaught Stats with front and Side armour 13.

Terminators(5-10)

Assault Terminators(5-10)

Techmarine

Legion of the Damned
- WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv 3+ invulnerable

Troops.

Tactical Marines(5-10):
- Start at 4 marines and a sarge for 90 points, full squad is 165.
- Variable squad sizes are possible.
- Special and Heavy weapons are unavailable unless there are 10 marines in the unit, but then they get free Flamer and a free Multimelta or Heavy Bolter or Missile Launcher. Meltagun- 5 points, Plasmagun 10, Lascannon- 10, Plasma cannon- 5

Scouts
- Ws3 Bs3 S4 T4 W1 In4 A1 Ld8 Sv4+
- Sergeant is WS4, BS4.
- Squads can be equipped with camo cloaks, granting the Stealth USR.

Bikes
- Requires a Captain on a bike.
- Requires 5+ bikes. For details of bikes see Fast Attack options.

Rhino:
- Probably will drop to 35 points ala Dark Angels and Blood Angels.

Razorback:
- Comes with heavy bolter included in cost.
- May upgrade to: twin-linked heavy flamer, twin-linked assault cannon, twin-linked lascannon, lascannon and twin-linked plasmagun.

Drop Pod:
- Holds 12 marines or 6 terminators or 1 Dreadnought or 1 thunderfire cannon.

Fast Attack.
Bikes (3-8 + attack bike):
-May combat squad, requires 8 bikes plus an attack bike. Divides into 4B/4B+1AB.

Attack Bikes (1-3):
- Must pay for Multi-Melta.

Scout Bikes (3-10):
- Can upgrade bike with a grenade launcher
- Can booby trap areas of terrain with hazardous cluster mines.
- Sergeants can be equipped with locater beacons. These function as a teleport homer for any deep-striking unit (drop pods, jump packs etc.)

Assault Marines (5-10):
- Only sergeant may have melta-bombs.
- Special weapons are 1 for every 5 models
- Specials include flamers and plasma pistols.
- May remove jump packs and get a free rhino or drop pod in return.

Vanguard Veterans (5-10):
- Ws4 Bs4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv3+
- Jump packs are an upgrade which gives them the Heroic Intervention rule. May take a transport instead.
- Heroic Intervention allows them to assault the turn they Deep strike.

Land Speeders (1-3):
Pretty much as now.
- Typhoon missile launchers fire as Heavy 2 missile launchers.

Land Speeder Storm:
- Has a Jammer which disrupts deep striking close by.
- Scouts charging from it -2 from the enemy Ld.
- Carries 5 scouts (and scouts only) and counts as Open Topped

Heavy Support.
Thunderfire Cannon
- Can fire in 3 different ways (all heavy 4): St 6 AP5 blast, St 5 AP6 blast ignores cover, St 4 AP- blast causes difficult terrain test in next turn/dangerous terrain for vehicles(inc. skimmers)

Predator:
Pretty much how it is in Codex: Blood Angels (i.e. expensive)

Vindicator:
- Siege Shield allows it to auto-pass terrain tests.

Devastator:
- Sergeant has a Signum, allows one Marine to fire at BS 5.

Whirlwind:
- Has BA/DA style ammo. (Including incendiary?)

Land Raider
- Machine spirit allows an extra weapon than allowed to be shot at any available target.
- Multi Melta is now a pintle option for all variants.
- Can Carry 12 models

Land Raider Crusader
- Machine spirit as above
- Frag Launchers as normal (useful too, now.)
- can carry 16 Models

Land Raider Redeemer
- Machine Spirit as normal
- Redeemer cannon: Range- Template S6 Ap3 Heavy 1
- Transport Capacity: 12 models

Not unit specific notes and rules:
Decision to split in to combat squads is made at the time each unit is deployed or when a unit disembarks from its Drop Pod.
Combat Tactics - allows any unit to automatically fail any Morale Check it takes (from shooting and CC).
Combat shields now give a 6+ invulnerable save.
Storm shields now give a 3+ invulnerable save.
Aux. Grenade launchers are short range, can fire in tandem with another weapon.
All sergeants are veterans now, so are just called sergeants.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-14 18:42:04

Well, after being sworn at, cursed, called an idiot, called racist and being told I have the thoughts of a hitler youth member, I don't really seen the point in trying anymore.

Thank you Jaconwes for trying to help someone who mentioned a potentialy racist idea by mistake.

Easy come easy go it would seems...

I wonder if they have a Warhammer 40,000 group on Steam.

(Yeah, go on Brookman, celebrate, you managed to win a minor flame war with a teenager, enjoy your victory)

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-14 19:04:18

At 8/7/08 06:13 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: Well if price is an issue then you could use the E-bay stores (33% off and free postage? Fuck yes) or one of the other websites, though Warhammer is unfortunately expensive if you don't have a large disposable income.

Giftsforgeeks sell stuff relatively cheap but yeah i'll still need a job before I start.

At 8/14/08 06:42 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: Well, after being sworn at, cursed, called an idiot, called racist and being told I have the thoughts of a hitler youth member, I don't really seen the point in trying anymore.

I think this is all some kind of joke and Brookman's just winding you up (Mizz Blowz=alt)

down on the upside

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-15 02:59:01

At 8/14/08 06:42 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: Well, after being sworn at, cursed, called an idiot, called racist and being told I have the thoughts of a hitler youth member, I don't really seen the point in trying anymore.

Thank you Jaconwes for trying to help someone who mentioned a potentialy racist idea by mistake.

Easy come easy go it would seems...

I wonder if they have a Warhammer 40,000 group on Steam.

(Yeah, go on Brookman, celebrate, you managed to win a minor flame war with a teenager, enjoy your victory)

hmm...Brookman, you really like insulting peope do you?Shame on you..
l read the whole Sirbobsalot2 thing and l must say, YOU ARE ALL RETARDS....this crew is about warhammer 40,000...and you discuss about nazis and racists?
ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?Get a grip on reality....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-15 05:51:54

At 8/14/08 07:04 PM, Randominator wrote:
At 8/7/08 06:13 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: Well if price is an issue then you could use the E-bay stores (33% off and free postage? Fuck yes) or one of the other websites, though Warhammer is unfortunately expensive if you don't have a large disposable income.
Giftsforgeeks sell stuff relatively cheap but yeah i'll still need a job before I start.

Yeah, I recently got an ork truck and a Weirdboy off Ebay using a gift voucher I got, it was a good deal.

I think this is all some kind of joke and Brookman's just winding you up (Mizz Blowz=alt)

I had my doubts about "Mizz Blowz" but, its been like this with brookman since I joined, I find his self-assured arsehole aura annoying.

I was considering alt flamming this topic to lock-ness but that wouldn't be fair on people who are just here for the warhammer posting (I've played too many video-games with heroes I guess)

(Back from the dead!)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-15 09:51:31

Comments are appreciated

I'm starting a new series of stories, based on a regiment I created. I'm actually aiming for a Rainbow-six/ SWAT style army. I need to see if people can realize this without me pointing it out.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-15 12:23:18

At 8/15/08 05:51 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: Yeah, I recently got an ork truck and a Weirdboy off Ebay using a gift voucher I got, it was a good deal.

Orks are really good now right?

I had my doubts about "Mizz Blowz" but, its been like this with brookman since I joined, I find his self-assured arsehole aura annoying.

Just ignore him then. He doesn't own this place.

Anyway I went into GW earlier and watched a couple of games. Necrons with 2 Monoliths=cheese. Those things have so many lame rules =\

down on the upside

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-15 19:10:53

At 8/13/08 06:46 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: I'm getting excited for my birthday on the 19th, since my friends and I will be having a LAN party and play Dawn of War. We're going to have a massive 7 way battle.

Awesome

I can't wait to gut the Tau, smash the Eldar, annihilate the Necrons, murder the Space Marines, exterminate the Chaos Marines and destroy the Orks. All in the name of the Emperor, of course.

With Imperial Guard? Yea I dunno about that one dude.

Comments are appreciated

I'm starting a new series of stories, based on a regiment I created. I'm actually aiming for a Rainbow-six/ SWAT style army. I need to see if people can realize this without me pointing it out.

All Specialists and what not? Hopefully you stated a reason why the regiment is full of Specialists.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-16 13:59:04

Indeed I do not own this place any more and after five years of trying, I think it is time for someone else to take over I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-16 19:46:00

At 8/16/08 01:59 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Indeed I do not own this place any more and after five years of trying, I think it is time for someone else to take over I guess.

I can't really see anyone else leading the club than you mate, if someone wants to complain about that they can either sod off or keep their mouths shut.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-08-16 20:33:58

At 8/16/08 07:46 PM, JaconWes wrote: I can't really see anyone else leading the club than you mate, if someone wants to complain about that they can either sod off or keep their mouths shut.

Or you could all just stop being a bunch of gays and realise that you don't need leaders in a forum club. Stop being so serious and lets just talk about Warhammer

So yeah has anyone played Warhammer Online yet? Looks and feels too much like WoW =\

down on the upside