00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

didakf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,380 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-07 14:58:28

Cripes, I leave for a while and come back to find the whole crew at each others throats!
Anyhow, Brookman's correct btw. The Grey Knights were an order of space marines with a prominant psyker ability that were created primarily for fighting daemons, chaos and corruption from the afore mentioned two.
They are not confined to only Daemon-Hunting though, they may fight as allies or with an inquisitor for practically any reason, although they'd rather have one of the innumerable space marine chapters do such menial work and leave them to the daemon-hunting bits.
This means that by definition, as they were primarily designed to hunt and kill daemons, they are daemon hunters, but they are not we-kill-daemons-only so to speak.

On another front, my sprite 40k game was slowed to a halt as I wait for Ch33ks to sprite me up some tyranids. :(

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-07 15:50:25

this is stupid, there is no doubt that the deamonhunters army is the most confusing army in wh40k. all this stupid arguing shouldnt have hapened, it was just started by some confused n00b who doesnt even have a damn codex, so ignore it because we know who is right and who is wrong, if you disagree, fine, be an idiot.
but we need to shutup now.

instead of starting some big stupid arguement, ask questions to the people who know what there talking about.
FIN.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-07 15:53:32

matt i think astartes 4 is out or will be out shortly. also the space marines just got a new codex
so the only ppl who can complain are the black templars. but complaining is gay so dont

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-08 04:23:17

Both items mentioned have been released months ago.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-08 12:14:24

me again, hi!

Updates:
-The Forsaken Company has gotten it's traitor leader, Commander Kain
-The Grey Knight are under planning for a new Grand Master, converted out of Stern (who costs 4 points LESS than a normal grand master? Typo?)
-Planning to make a new Daemonprince, Theramnus the Unbound, oit of a Balrog (damn costy bugger)

Indeed, no army is better than the other. Tyranids rule in the masses, while Space Marines own one on one.

Dark eldars... well... I like the incubus model. and the Asdrubael Vect slaves ;). aside that... fast paper mass assault army? Nope. not like them. Witch hunters are like weaker and faster Daemonhunters, so no real love from me to them either.

anyone got good conversion ideas?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-08 20:30:05

EVERYONE. RAGE-DUMP. NOW!

Don't make me send in the United Imperium Peacekeepers! next person to slate another member of the forum gets a pic of Spider Jerusalem bowel-disrupting them till they spew shite from their mouth!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-09 01:32:14

lol, if only UN peacekeepers were equipped with rifles...sheesh,
we just give them pistols and blue helmets...but then again, the pistols
are probably stronger than those damn lasguns...nice pic, tho

PS: does the imperium even want peace?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-09 02:00:19

At 10/9/05 01:32 AM, AnimeFreak1931 wrote: does the imperium even want peace?

Propaganda Wise yes when every Ailen/mutant/traitor/deamon/Dark God of Chaos and anything else that oppese's the Imperium has been Killed/purged/burninated/thrown into a pit of spike's and Erased from the Warp they will experiance Peace.

In reality no the Powers at be in the Imperium(High lords of Terra/Inquisitors ect) Do NOT want peace.Simply because a Empire at war is easyer to control and opress than a Empire at peace...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-09 12:02:38

life in the empire would suck without war.
war gives a meaning to the lives of billions of men!
meatwall...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-09 17:31:57

TheC'tan Gods will kill everything. Just lettin u know :)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-09 19:21:19

Who's seen the new Tau Empire stuff, they are starting to put previews on the GW website..

What do you think of it?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-10 06:48:24

At 10/9/05 12:02 PM, _Fox_ wrote: life in the empire would suck without war.
war gives a meaning to the lives of billions of men!
meatwall...

true but to be quite honest u cant make peace in an entire galxy even if they do stop all the armys of chaos as long as man becomes jealous love pain loves death and loves power chaos will remain
so unfortanlty u cant stop chaos because we are the source of chaos

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-10 15:24:46

dude the C'tan gods feel no pity for man they need their death for energy. so there forth you cant make peace with them

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-11 05:36:41

People who think that peace is possible in the 40k universe probably believe in happy endings. Weak minded fools! You think that after ten thousand years of genocide against aliens they'll of the sudden grow warm to the idea of peace?

FUCK NO!

Besides, if there was peace the galaxy would be a boring place and then we could scrub the word "war" from Warhammer 40.000...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-11 07:56:38

At 10/11/05 05:36 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: People who think that peace is possible in the 40k universe probably believe in happy endings. Weak minded fools! You think that after ten thousand years of genocide against aliens they'll of the sudden grow warm to the idea of peace?

FUCK NO!

Besides, if there was peace the galaxy would be a boring place and then we could scrub the word "war" from Warhammer 40.000...

Peacehammer 40'000 uggh I could just imagine it.. Marines and Nids holding hands (or claws) in peace while Orks and Chaos sit around making daisy chains.. The Inquistion destorying weapons... Tau and Guardsmen dressed as hippies and celebrating peace and love for each other... SOMEONE SHOOT ME I CANT TAKE THIS AWFUL VISION ANY MORE!!!!

Thats why we need to shoot everyone who mentions peace in the 41st millenium, just look what could happen if we don't!!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-11 15:24:04

yea u could aslo take the hammer part out.... war is only an inteligent species way of surviving. there can never be peace in our world or 40k. killing and hatred is part of biology
and the eldar have the right to call us inconsiderate. when the dark eldar sit there and pillage human worlds. tyrnids are just like animals but there wasy prey for the C'tan gods considering there the strongest beings.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-11 17:53:06

At least we can all now sleep soundly know that will little more than a vision of those dammed hippies....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-11 22:09:42

dude, it even says on the front cover of the oficial game rulebook,"in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war"
cant get much more straitforward then that men

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-11 22:29:06

oh and btw the new black templar models own son, go check them out

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 01:47:38

SWEET! I have suceeded in spawining a different topic. And in relation to everyone's comments,
I wasnt expecting that many enthusiastic responses. Thx everyone! Now my spiel on it.

No the Imperium doesn't want peace! The entire society of the Imperium is based on warfare, all the way from the economy (Forgeworlds, anyone?) to the religious/political system that runs the lives of trillions of humans.

For the economy, as has been previously stated and proven many times in human past, wars usually boost economies, by opening new job oppurtunities and making it appealing to work for "the patriotic spirit". Look what WW2 did to the USA after the depression. On top of that, having an ongoing series of "Holy/Patriotic wars" makes the public feel that they need to stand up for their country. This is exactly the tack that made it possible for the Russian forces in WW2 to have the stunning sucessess they had late-war. With the Holy/Patriotic motives, all the jobs done in that nation could somehow be related to the great struggle against the German, the xenos and the heretic.

And for the political structure, it is easier to control a people throughly indoctrinated in hatred against a certain population, race, or in 40k, species. This indoctrination of hatred stems mainly from teachings of fear, and countering fear with loyalty, bravery, duty, and honor. Thus, the Imperial Guard is able to use tactics as it does without any major uprisings, as there would be if the American Army tried to use "Meat-Wall" tactics. This belief in blood-debt to the Emperor is what makes the idea of conscript platoons feasible in the 40k Imperium.

On top of that, even the Social Structure of The imperum is based around a military system, another thing that needs wars to function properly. The lowest level of self sufficent government on most Imperial planets is the planetary govenor, usually a Military commander chosen from one of the noble houses on the planet. Going up from there, we have the sub-sector command level, to which go problems too big for the planet's PDF and too small for Sector command to care about. For any of you who have read Michael Scanlon's book "15 Hours" I imagine that this is what level the campaign at Broucheroc is being authorized at. If the sub-sector's resources cannot handle it (somthing that a sub-sector couldn't handle, for example. would be like Armageddon), it goes to sector command. This is when the full might of the imperial war machine is brought to bear. Therefore, without wars, these different links in the chain of command serve largley useless purposes, as the only real "tax" levied on the planets of the Imperium is a tithe of Guardsmen, something else that would be abolished with the abolishment of war in 40k.

So overall, If war were abolished in 40k, the imperium would crumble, and that wouldnt be cool. Plus, who would want to play peacehammer, as others above have so aptly stated?

PS: HOLY #$&*! That was a LONG reply. Damnit, i wish this were an english class topic!

-Out-

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 15:31:56

yes black tmplars kick ass but,
u guys are missing the point. all im saying is the the imperium is doomed when the rest of the C'tans wake up and you have 100,000 indestructible highly armed metal skeletons walkin right onto terra because the already did attack mars out of no where. the necrons are sooo cheap and have no point balance, i played 1000 points of space marines with 550 necrons. 1 lord 20 warriors 6 scarabs and a heavy destroyer. i lost 6 scarabs. And a lord in a sacrifice.
NECRONS OWN

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 16:14:46

At 10/12/05 03:31 PM, templarSIRUS wrote: yes black tmplars kick ass but,
u guys are missing the point. all im saying is the the imperium is doomed when the rest of the C'tans wake up and you have 100,000 indestructible highly armed metal skeletons walkin right onto terra because the already did attack mars out of no where. the necrons are sooo cheap and have no point balance, i played 1000 points of space marines with 550 necrons. 1 lord 20 warriors 6 scarabs and a heavy destroyer. i lost 6 scarabs. And a lord in a sacrifice.
NECRONS OWN

^ that was actually me that played him, i had like 1.250 pts of blacktemplars, and he has almost like two troops of necrons, some scarabs, a loard, a destroyer, and dont forget that you used the nightbringer also!
but yeah, he baisically owned me, he anihilated a dreadnought after he literally took one step forward, i only suceded in killing his loard in a giant masacre after he moved close to a full squad of marines, and the emperors champion.
also, i enflicted TWO WHOLE WOUNDS on the nightsbringer with a lascannon, the rest of the time he was just enjoying the laser sergery i was giving it >_>
yeah i definatly agree that in only a mater of time, the necrons will abolish everything, and time is only a factor because the imperium is so damn huge

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 16:55:52

Now the emperor, whats his story. I know he saved mankind during the first turn of brother " chaos wave" thus we have spawn our new protector but we don't really get like a background on him; child hood. War duties and such, very mysterious all the books I've read and I get bits and pieces of info.

Yeah would love to join.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 17:01:55

i have read somewhere that he was born in modern day terkey, only it was like 10,000 bc or somthing like that, he was created by many shaamans, they put all there powers into one being, the emporer, but idk that sounds dumb to me, as in the emporer has been living for milenia already, and he is living with us now, it sounds dumb.
but i know now that is in in modern day asia on 'mount everest', there he sits on his throne higher than any other man alive
(this is some of templarsiruses prior knowledge)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 17:24:54

Weird... also read like he is wired to all the ships in universe travel and without him they would spiral out of control and get sucked into a chaos hole in space or something like that.

I think they take their religion way to seriously, I thought it was crazy enough that they had over a thousand chapters for the space marines but twice as many when it comes to cultist and worshipper groups.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-12 20:15:59

At 10/12/05 05:24 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote: Weird... also read like he is wired to all the ships in universe travel and without him they would spiral out of control and get sucked into a chaos hole in space or something like that.

The Emperor wired to ships? I though that was the psykers of the Astronomican that guide the imperial ships not the Emperor..

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-13 06:20:59

The Emperor powers the psykers that are connected to the Astronomicon, boosting the psychic beacon that allows for warp travel and navigation through deep space.

The Cult Imperialis / Ecclessiarchy is the most important factor of Imperial society, oppressing it's people into worship for the Emperor and other sanctioned icons of faith. May sound fascist, but the christians did the exact same during the middle ages. Remember the Spanish Inquisition?

In other news today I've shown some loving to my Guardsmen and added purity seals to all veteran sergeants and officers, to denote their experience and years of faith. I've also cut up numerous space marine ammo pouches which fit perfectly on Cadian shoulder guards as those extra packs of med supplies. What I really need are some more spare heavy bolter ammo belts, perfect for cutting up into shotgun bandoliers.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-13 08:15:31

At 10/13/05 06:20 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: The Emperor powers the psykers that are connected to the Astronomicon, boosting the psychic beacon that allows for warp travel and navigation through deep space.

Yes, that was missing link in it..

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-13 13:04:13

those guys in all the pictures of all the books and stuff, you know, the ones with all those 'tubes' coming out of them, they kill thousands of pyskers everyday to keep the astronominan runing, and to keep the emporer alive. i guess the psykic power is absorbed into those 'tubes'
i think i got someof that wrong because i dont remember exactly.
i remember somthing about it takes a group of like a thousand psykers everyday to power the astronominan, and when they all do...somthing, they just die and it is powered.
or maby that, and the emporer does somthing at the same time cuz he is linked to them/it to make it all work...yeah
my 2 cents

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-10-13 14:02:14

Shaithead, could you name a book or codex with the image in question?

As for the feeding, the Emperor needs a thousand souls a day, which are fed to him by hookig the psykers up to a machine, from which their souls are ripped and then the husks are burned.

I find it painful that so many of you can't spell the word "EMPEROR" correctly.

BBS Signature