00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kamiara18 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,949 Views | 1,693 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-28 00:48:12

Just traded in Killzone 2 at Gamestop and bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Smartest move in my life.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-28 00:51:36

At 11/28/09 12:48 AM, dmansland wrote: Just traded in Killzone 2 at Gamestop and bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Smartest move in my life.

That game is amazingly fun, if only it didn't had that cheat button. So whenever I'm lazy, I use it :D.

Dark Souls consumed my life.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-28 06:28:51

At 11/28/09 12:48 AM, dmansland wrote: Bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

How is it!? I am really excited about the game, it's like number one on my list at the moment.

Tell us something about it!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-28 15:23:11

At 11/21/09 08:35 PM, dmansland wrote: Playing Donkey Kong Country 2 at this moment. For some reason, I find it a shitload harder than the original.

I think it's because most of the enemies have range in that one, where as in DK1, most of them just walked around. Although I think the bosses in DK1 are quite a bit harder.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-28 23:31:01

At 11/28/09 06:28 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 11/28/09 12:48 AM, dmansland wrote: Bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
How is it!? I am really excited about the game, it's like number one on my list at the moment.

Tell us something about it!

Sure thing. It's a shitload of fun, alone or with friends, but only if you have good teamwork with your partners. If not, they will get in the way and you will be very frustrated. There's no need for the Super Guide since it's pretty easy so far. The new power ups are awesome and the plot is sort of like a remake of Super Mario Bros 3, but it has a lot of originality in level design. Has a lot of nostalgic moments such as boss fights and music. If you love Mario as much as I do then get it. NOW!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-29 09:16:24

I had a party at my friends house yesterday and we found his old N64 in a closet along with some games. We had loads of fun playing Fifa 64, Mario Tennis and Pokemon Snap again. I noticed Fifa 64 has become a bit outdated, but the other two are still awesome games. Even graphic-wise they're still pretty good.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-03 18:40:33

At 11/28/09 03:23 PM, cool154 wrote:
At 11/21/09 08:35 PM, dmansland wrote: Playing Donkey Kong Country 2 at this moment. For some reason, I find it a shitload harder than the original.
I think it's because most of the enemies have range in that one, where as in DK1, most of them just walked around. Although I think the bosses in DK1 are quite a bit harder.

You wouldn't believe how long I took beating that fucking Bee. I hated that boss. Although there were easy ones, like the Oil Drum who's name I can't remember.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-03 19:56:22

At 12/3/09 06:40 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote:
At 11/28/09 03:23 PM, cool154 wrote:
You wouldn't believe how long I took beating that fucking Bee. I hated that boss. Although there were easy ones, like the Oil Drum who's name I can't remember.

I could never get past that boss, or that world, for that matter, without some sort of assistance from a second player. Dropping extra enemies from the sky is NOT okay!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-04 21:33:09

At 12/3/09 07:56 PM, cool154 wrote:
You wouldn't believe how long I took beating that fucking Bee. I hated that boss.

Dude, please.

The bee boss in the 2nd game makes the first one look like a little baby. Try beating it with the parrot. It's a lot harder.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-07 00:45:10

Well, I have started to play Paper Mario, once again (4th time this year) but this time, I'm not leveling up at all, I'm only fighting the bosses, and mini bosses. All my level ups will go to BP. I am currently doing the Shy Guy Hitler... I mean General Guy.

I'm not looking foward to Anti Guy and Kent C. Koopa...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-07 06:22:35

At 12/7/09 12:45 AM, dmansland wrote: Well, I have started to play Paper Mario, once again (4th time this year) but this time, I'm not leveling up at all, I'm only fighting the bosses, and mini bosses. All my level ups will go to BP. I am currently doing the Shy Guy Hitler... I mean General Guy.

I can imagine that'll be difficult. Considering some bosses could do at least 3 points of damage, even if you manage to defend. Also, doesn't Bowser do like.. 7 damage in one hit with one of his attacks? Meh.. Good luck to you anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-11 10:27:34

At 12/7/09 06:22 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/7/09 12:45 AM, dmansland wrote: Well, I have started to play Paper Mario, once again (4th time this year) but this time, I'm not leveling up at all, I'm only fighting the bosses, and mini bosses. All my level ups will go to BP. I am currently doing the Shy Guy Hitler... I mean General Guy.

I can imagine that'll be difficult. Considering some bosses could do at least 3 points of damage, even if you manage to defend. Also, doesn't Bowser do like.. 7 damage in one hit with one of his attacks? Meh.. Good luck to you anyway.

Once you beat the Shy Guy General, things are a lot easier thanks to Musklar and his ability to bring down enemies damage by 3, making most attacks have no effect if blocked correctly. There is also the Power Rush, Mega Rush, and Last Stand badges that are extremely useful. While Merluvlee's curse is random, it does tend to help when you desperately need it. It's going good overall and am now at Mt. Lavalava but now I am having some difficulty avoiding enemies and staying alive.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-11 15:24:33

At 12/11/09 10:27 AM, dmansland wrote: Once you beat the Shy Guy General, things are a lot easier thanks to Musklar and his ability to bring down enemies damage by 3, making most attacks have no effect if blocked correctly. There is also the Power Rush, Mega Rush, and Last Stand badges that are extremely useful. While Merluvlee's curse is random, it does tend to help when you desperately need it. It's going good overall and am now at Mt. Lavalava but now I am having some difficulty avoiding enemies and staying alive.

I think Kent Coopa, Bowser and some of the other upcoming bosses are gonna be really difficult though. But I'm not such an experienced player. I've only played through the game once.

Anyway, I'm thinking about ordering Metroid Prime for the Gamecube. Gamecube games aren't worth shit anymore, so I found it somewhere in an online store cheap (only 13 euros*). I was also interested in Tales of Symphonia, but I couldn't find it alas.

*Oddly enough they were selling it on Amazon for $75 =/

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-11 15:47:15

Has anyone bought one of the WiiWare games and really liked it? I played the demo for NyxQuest and it only seemed mediocre.. are there any games to download that are a bit more complex?

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-11 19:04:21

At 12/11/09 03:47 PM, Seasons wrote: Has anyone bought one of the WiiWare games and really liked it? I played the demo for NyxQuest and it only seemed mediocre.. are there any games to download that are a bit more complex?

Megaman 9 was really good. Ahh, the good old days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-12 15:27:28

At 12/11/09 03:47 PM, Seasons wrote: Has anyone bought one of the WiiWare games and really liked it? I played the demo for NyxQuest and it only seemed mediocre.. are there any games to download that are a bit more complex?

Anything by Nintendo is usually pretty good. I liked Dr. Mario and Excitebike: World Rally

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-15 13:53:06

At 12/11/09 03:24 PM, Auz wrote: Anyway, I'm thinking about ordering Metroid Prime for the Gamecube.

I got Metroid Prime today and played it for a bit. So far it's been very similar to Metroid Prime 2 as I expected. With a few nice differences though.

First off and most importantly, I noticed the music in this game is far better than in the sequel. At least, in my opinion. In MP2 the music was one of the few things that I hated. I felt like I was constantly listening to 10 second loops all the time. In this game however the music is far more interesting and the space station's music at the beginning really creeped me out.

Secondly I like how you get a little piece of artwork every time you scan a creature or some life-form. This wasn't in the sequel although you did get a 3D model of the creature in that one which was also nice. I don't like how you only get a small orange square on an object you can scan though. In the sequel they turned into a different color which was far more clear.

For the rest a couple of minor things like effects that are different. I'm not saying they look better, but it's nice that they updated that a bit.

One odd thing I found by the way was how the game only counts gametime as the time you spend walking around. It doesn't seem to count the time you're pausing the game to read logs or whatever and I know a lot of hours go into that.

But anyway I'm enjoying it so far.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-21 00:26:33

Replaying Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for the 5th time. I always get stuck at the part where you need Power Cells, and I'm too lazy to backtrack and look for them all, even with a walkthrough. This time, it's legit though. 3 years and I still can't beat the fucking game, just like Metroid Prime Hunters.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-21 16:53:37

Speaking of Paper Mario, I've never beaten Anti-Guy, but the beat the game only once. Maybe I wasn't really determined to beat him.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-22 00:52:06

At 12/21/09 04:53 PM, MrSaint wrote: Speaking of Paper Mario, I've never beaten Anti-Guy, but the beat the game only once. Maybe I wasn't really determined to beat him.

He's actually not that hard. Just set your badges and your partners appropriately and be able block most of his hits. The only real scary part is the damage he does, but make sure you have Super Shrooms, Life Shrooms, and you'll be fine. I beat him before I beat General Guy, but that was on my 4th run when I knew what I was doing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-24 09:56:28

Still enjoying Metroid Prime here.

I just kicked Thardus ass and got the Spider Ball. I must say that although the boss fights are less frequent than in MP2, they sure are pretty epic.

I'm not sure how far I am in the game right now by the way. Everything suggests that I'm at about a quarter, but it looks like I've already visited most areas. I suppose the searching for artifacts at the end must take quite a while then. Hopefully it's not as tough as the invisible ingpods in MP2 though.

At 12/21/09 04:53 PM, MrSaint wrote: Speaking of Paper Mario, I've never beaten Anti-Guy, but the beat the game only once. Maybe I wasn't really determined to beat him.

Who's the Anti-Guy again? Is that the boss of the ice level? I thought he was a piece of cake.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-24 11:42:45

At 12/24/09 09:56 AM, Auz wrote:
Who's the Anti-Guy again? Is that the boss of the ice level? I thought he was a piece of cake.

HE was the black SHY GUY who guarded the treasure chest in the toy box.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-24 14:02:08

At 12/24/09 11:42 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
HE was the black SHY GUY who guarded the treasure chest in the toy box.

Oh wait, yeah now I remember. He was indeed a tough miniboss. I think I did beat him on my first try though, but with only a few HP left.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-26 07:43:07

Lol.

I got some new N64 controllers for Christmas. I'm quite happy with those since my older ones were all broken.

So what did you guys get?

At 12/24/09 09:56 AM, Auz wrote: Still enjoying Metroid Prime here.

I just kicked Thardus ass and got the Spider Ball.

*Sigh*

I'm stuck at this point. The most straightforward path leads me to a new area in the Magmoor Caverns, but from there I can only continue to older areas. The hint system points me to a very odd room as well, which I can't even enter without the Ice Beam (and I don't have that yet).

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-26 12:33:27

Pokemon is disappointing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-29 01:21:40

I fucking love Nintendo. If my Nintendo DSi had a big enough hole, I would so fuck it. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story has also made this Christmas one of the better ones that I have had in a long time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-29 07:07:33

At 12/26/09 12:33 PM, Tetimaru000 wrote: Pokemon is disappointing.

Waaaah?

You can say all you want about Pokemon, but the games have always been pretty good. Or at least the original ones up until Crystal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-12-29 21:45:50

Count me in. I got a DSi and currently working on beating Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mobilized

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-01-04 16:21:31

It sure fell a little quiet in here. What have you guys been up to?

I am still busy with Metroid Prime here, although I think I'm starting to near the end. Also I finally came to a point in the game that I didn't like all that much.

It's about when you're somewhere halfway in the Phazon Mines and get that Power Bomb upgrade. I thought I still had a long way to go from there, but all of a sudden I had immediate access to almost all the remaining power ups. The game then wanted me to go all around the planet again to collect them, while in the meantime I had to fight off those annoying Chozo ghosts numerous times. And I know I will have to do a similar thing again real soon when I have to collect all the twelve artifacts.

But other than that, I've been enjoying it a lot and I think this will go into my favorite games of all time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-01-04 23:53:45

At 1/4/10 04:21 PM, Auz wrote: It sure fell a little quiet in here. What have you guys been up to?

Personally, I've been waiting for the GameBoy Micro to drop in price. Can you believe they're still like 75 bucks?
Right now I'm playing Doom and Doom2 in the GBA slot of my DS. Great games.

Also: I don't believe in the Nintendo DSi.
Is it really worth the extra fifty bucks?

BBS Signature