00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kamiara18 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,955 Views | 1,693 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-18 13:54:58

dmansland is right.

Well here is a tip or something like that. When you start fighting the second form, it's IMPORTANT that at least one of the Bros survives. Well if one dies, use a Max 1-up Shroom, or if both are alive, like dmansland said, use a Max Nut. The begining is shitty because if you get hit one time=death.

By the way Puddin, planning to start playing Partners in Time later?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-21 02:47:04

Shit, why the heck nobody posts here! Don't let the club die, it's too young!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-21 02:59:53

uhm
err
yeah

NINTENDO!

it sure hasn't aged well?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-21 04:36:16

At 10/21/09 02:59 AM, SapphireLight wrote: uhm
err
yeah

NINTENDO!

it sure hasn't aged well?

It's still as great as it was back in the 80s. People just like to be "hardcore" and dis Nintendo because they haven't changed much, and perfer making games that younger audiences can also enjoy.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-21 05:57:47

did you push your glasses up your nose and adjust your bowtie when you typed that

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-21 06:53:34

At 10/10/09 12:25 PM, XCaelestisX wrote: my favorite FF would have to be num 7. No I'm not an obs. Fan girl I just love the Final Fantasy series, and Rpgs.

Hmm 7 was probably my least favorite out of all the PS1 versions.

At 10/21/09 04:36 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 10/21/09 02:59 AM, SapphireLight wrote: it sure hasn't aged well?
It's still as great as it was back in the 80s. People just like to be "hardcore" and dis Nintendo because they haven't changed much, and perfer making games that younger audiences can also enjoy.

Well the Wii was quite different from any other console. And I liked the direction they went in with it, but so far it's been a bit of a letdown. At least it is to me and thus me and my friends decided to sell it after about half a year. The only game I kinda liked was Wii Sports, because it was the only game where the controls actually added something to the game.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-24 22:20:28

At 10/21/09 05:57 AM, SapphireLight wrote: did you push your glasses up your nose and adjust your bowtie when you typed that

Are you suggesting we're nerds, sir?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-25 01:34:36

At 10/21/09 05:57 AM, SapphireLight wrote: did you push your glasses up your nose and adjust your bowtie when you typed that

Quote and Reply button. Use it next time. Other than that, I'm just a Nintendo fan. Is there something wrong with that sir?

At 10/21/09 06:53 AM, Auz wrote:
At 10/21/09 04:36 AM, dmansland wrote: It's still as great as it was back in the 80s. People just like to be "hardcore" and dis Nintendo because they haven't changed much, and perfer making games that younger audiences can also enjoy.
Well the Wii was quite different from any other console. And I liked the direction they went in with it, but so far it's been a bit of a letdown. At least it is to me and thus me and my friends decided to sell it after about half a year. The only game I kinda liked was Wii Sports, because it was the only game where the controls actually added something to the game.

The only thing about the Wii I dislike is the game selection. Not much available other than those first party games and the occasional good third [arty games. That's why I have a PS3 as well. The Wii just isn't enough to satisfy my next gen craze. But I sure as hell am going to get Super Mario Bros. Wii over Modern Warfare 2.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-28 17:51:24

Well, noone's posted here for quite a while. Hate to see this club die. :|

I've just started playing Zelda: OoT on the extreme 3 heart challenge. It's not really an official thing, but it's quite difficult. It involves no dying, 3 hearts, no heart containers, only getting powerups if they're strictly needed, no special arrows, only basic magic, etc. Basically it's just playing it on an incredibly difficult setting.

It's pretty intense.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-10-28 18:00:28

At 10/25/09 01:34 AM, dmansland wrote: The only thing about the Wii I dislike is the game selection. Not much available other than those first party games and the occasional good third [arty games. That's why I have a PS3 as well. The Wii just isn't enough to satisfy my next gen craze. But I sure as hell am going to get Super Mario Bros. Wii over Modern Warfare 2.

I suppose you're talking about the loads of shit like Wii Play and such that fills up almost the entire Wii shelf at the store. That's another thing I dislike as well. The only games that slightly have my interest are Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy. Mariokart and Brawl I didn't like that much to be honest.

At 10/28/09 05:51 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote: Well, noone's posted here for quite a while. Hate to see this club die. :|

I've just started playing Zelda: OoT on the extreme 3 heart challenge. It's not really an official thing, but it's quite difficult. It involves no dying, 3 hearts, no heart containers, only getting powerups if they're strictly needed, no special arrows, only basic magic, etc. Basically it's just playing it on an incredibly difficult setting.

It's pretty intense.

Hmm I think that would be very doable at least up until the Fire Temple or so. I can imagine the bosses will get difficult from then on since they can all do 3 hearts of damage with one hit if they want to. And the final battle with Ganondorf is probably gonna be a tough one with only half a magic bar.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-01 07:51:36

At 10/28/09 05:51 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote: Well, noone's posted here for quite a while. Hate to see this club die. :|

It's pretty intense.

So if you die once, you got to start again? Sound too hard. I'd probably fail at this challenge,

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-01 13:42:15

At 11/1/09 07:51 AM, MrSaint wrote:

It's pretty intense.
So if you die once, you got to start again? Sound too hard. I'd probably fail at this challenge,

I'm doing the same thing, but with Master Quest. So far, I'm up to the Water Temple. Any advice guys? Oh, and I got some batteries for my Wii, planning on buyin some more in a few hours.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-02 13:46:42

Water Temple. Fucking pain in the arse considering if you are passing it the first time. Seriously, you will hate it.

All I can offer to you is to open up your imagination, you will needed to think where to go inbetween the 3 floors (Which you can pass in certain conditions)

Also be careful when fighting Shadow Link, he copies all your moves. Jump Attack worked for me, it usually pwned him.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-02 16:38:49

I was playing Final Fantasy II on SNES.

I got about 2 hours through, then me and my girlfriend got in a fight and I shut it off, of course, I was stupid and didn't save that entire time...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-02 16:52:23

At 11/2/09 01:46 PM, MrSaint wrote: Water Temple. Fucking pain in the arse considering if you are passing it the first time. Seriously, you will hate it.

All I can offer to you is to open up your imagination, you will needed to think where to go inbetween the 3 floors (Which you can pass in certain conditions)

Also be careful when fighting Shadow Link, he copies all your moves. Jump Attack worked for me, it usually pwned him.

NO! Do not use the Jump attack! He will jump sideways and instantly counter you with a jump attack. Not sure if that will deal double damage to you, but it's very hard to hit him with that move anyway. I would advice the diagonal slash. The third strike of the combo will almost always hit him. Oh and don't try to stab him either because he will jump on top of your sword and hit you while you're defenseless.

At 11/2/09 04:38 PM, EpicFail wrote: I was playing Final Fantasy II on SNES.

I got about 2 hours through, then me and my girlfriend got in a fight and I shut it off, of course, I was stupid and didn't save that entire time...

Is Final Fantasy II any good? I got the Dawn of Souls remake and only finished the first one (which I didn't like that much by the way). Haven't bothered yet with the second, but I heard a lot of bad stories about the leveling system...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-02 17:01:48

At 11/2/09 04:52 PM, Auz wrote:
At 11/2/09 01:46 PM, MrSaint wrote: Also be careful when fighting Shadow Link, he copies all your moves. Jump Attack worked for me, it usually pwned him.
NO! Do not use the Jump attack! He will jump sideways and instantly counter you with a jump attack. Not sure if that will deal double damage to you, but it's very hard to hit him with that move anyway. I would advice the diagonal slash. The third strike of the combo will almost always hit him. Oh and don't try to stab him either because he will jump on top of your sword and hit you while you're defenseless.

Oh shit, sorry for double posting but I just remembered something about the Water Temple in Master Quest: Unlike Ocarina of Time, the Water Temple in Master Quest is the easiest out of them all! I don't know if you played the original, but that last part you normally had to go through to get the boss key, well you don't even have to go through that part. As soon as you get the boss key (which you get after fighting dark link I thought) and the longshot, you're basically done. I assume you know where the boss' chamber is. If not then I don't wanna spoil too much, but you don't have to look far ;) You can get there and fight the boss without visiting like... the other half of the rooms in the temple.

It was a major let down to me =(

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-02 17:13:14

At 11/2/09 04:52 PM, Auz wrote:
Is Final Fantasy II any good? I got the Dawn of Souls remake and only finished the first one (which I didn't like that much by the way). Haven't bothered yet with the second, but I heard a lot of bad stories about the leveling system...

Personally, I love it... And so far the leveling system is alright.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 00:01:14

I dressed up as Mario for Halloween, sadly no pics.

Am I cool yet?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 08:19:26

At 11/3/09 12:01 AM, dmansland wrote: I dressed up as Mario for Halloween, sadly no pics.

Am I cool yet?

That's pretty neat, I wish I had the time and money to get something awesome for these celebrations.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 10:57:18

At 11/1/09 01:42 PM, dmansland wrote: I'm doing the same thing, but with Master Quest. So far, I'm up to the Water Temple. Any advice guys? Oh, and I got some batteries for my Wii, planning on buyin some more in a few hours.

Use Farore's Wind, as much as you can in that temple. Unless you're against that for some reason.

While fighting dark link your safest bet is to use the megaton hammer.

This is really all the advice I can give.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 11:23:30

Not to change the topic entirely, but does anyone know if Nintendo is releasing a new handheld system this Christmas? The DSi was a letdown IMO.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 11:59:29

At 11/3/09 11:23 AM, sumguy720 wrote: Not to change the topic entirely, but does anyone know if Nintendo is releasing a new handheld system this Christmas? The DSi was a letdown IMO.

I highly doubt they will be, the DSi was released only a few months ago, and I'm sure they're working on some Wii games for Christmas.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 12:34:34

At 11/2/09 05:13 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/2/09 04:52 PM, Auz wrote: Is Final Fantasy II any good? I got the Dawn of Souls remake and only finished the first one (which I didn't like that much by the way). Haven't bothered yet with the second, but I heard a lot of bad stories about the leveling system...
Personally, I love it... And so far the leveling system is alright.

I heard it was something like: You gotta use a certain attack often to raise a certain stat, but while you raise one stat you might decrease another stat =/ I guess in the end you will still end up with a strong fighter type and mage type etc, but I don't think I'll like it very much.

But perhaps I should give the game a try sooner or later then, after I'm done with Final Fantasy VI.

At 11/3/09 11:23 AM, sumguy720 wrote: Not to change the topic entirely, but does anyone know if Nintendo is releasing a new handheld system this Christmas? The DSi was a letdown IMO.

Nope, I haven't heard any news about a new system.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-03 22:23:51

Actually you guys, I know this is kind of epic fail but, nintendo is releasing a new DSi called "DSi XL" (DSi LL in japan). It's intended for older people but could also be for people with big hands/poor eyesight.
IMO, I think a nintendo deveoloper was probably thinking: "Hmm It prints money, why not? " Because wow... this is a very sorry excuse to make a DSi revision..

The picture is comparing the DSi XL to the already existing DSi. Shocking right? :\

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-04 00:33:00

At 11/3/09 10:23 PM, DsHacker14 wrote: Actually you guys, I know this is kind of epic fail but, nintendo is releasing a new DSi called "DSi XL" (DSi LL in japan). It's intended for older people but could also be for people with big hands/poor eyesight.
IMO, I think a nintendo deveoloper was probably thinking: "Hmm It prints money, why not? " Because wow... this is a very sorry excuse to make a DSi revision..

The picture is comparing the DSi XL to the already existing DSi. Shocking right? :\

I don't see what the problem is. I'm planning to get this one, it reinds me a lot of the old DS and that was my favorite one because of the size. Sure Nintendo is going backwards with the whole handheld thing, but so what? I like it, I plan on getting this with M&L3, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks when it is released.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-04 16:41:14

Zombies Ate My Neighbours... I can't believe I forgot about this game.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-04 18:45:34

I was really disappointed when the DSi came out, last year in Japan, I mean, it's not new! Updated firmware? Cute distractions? It's not worth dropping any sort of money on. And now this giant-ass 'handheld'... excuse me, small-ass laptop is their revolution?
I remember the jump from GB to GBA was HUGE and GBA SP to DS was fantastic-- but what have they got for us today?

A bigger one.

I'd love a small DS, that would be so freaking cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-05 07:40:51

Yeah well Nintendo is basically making this shit because it's a huge money maker. Kids are going to buy the next one regardless. Even though it is simply for people who can't play well with the other one, kids are going to NEED this.
Nintendo are sneaky bastards when it comes to money.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-05 08:24:00

At 11/3/09 10:23 PM, DsHacker14 wrote: Actually you guys, I know this is kind of epic fail but, nintendo is releasing a new DSi called "DSi XL" (DSi LL in japan). It's intended for older people but could also be for people with big hands/poor eyesight.

It doesn't look like something I would be interested in, but I don't care much about a DS either. Anyway, I guess it's likely that this is becoming an epic fail. I doubt the group of old people/poor eye-sighted who are actually prepared to pay money for that thing is that big. People who already have a DS don't need one and people who don't care about a DS (like me) aren't gonna buy it anyway.

But we'll see.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-05 14:46:00

Yo can I be in.

That's unbloody British that is!

BBS Signature