00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kamiara18 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,948 Views | 1,693 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-05 14:53:04

At 11/5/09 02:46 PM, greatwh1teshark wrote: Yo can I be in.

Yupp.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-05 21:15:10

Can I join?
Like, everyone I know owns a R4 now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-05 22:49:40

At 11/5/09 09:15 PM, Tetimaru000 wrote: Can I join?
Like, everyone I know owns a R4 now.

Of course you can!

Started replaying Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, but with Koops as my main. First it was Vivian once I got her/him (I just love that Shadow Siren), then with Goombella. Thought it would only be fair to play with the weakest as my main, just to get it a little more challenging as well. Oh, and I called my Yoshi a racial name. Whenever they mention him, I crack up :3

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-06 22:26:19

At 11/4/09 04:41 PM, EpicFail wrote: Zombies Ate My Neighbours... I can't believe I forgot about this game.

i own that...maybe its time for my SNES

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-10 15:30:32

At 11/3/09 10:23 PM, DsHacker14 wrote: Actually you guys, I know this is kind of epic fail but, nintendo is releasing a new DSi called "DSi XL" (DSi LL in japan). It's intended for older people but could also be for people with big hands/poor eyesight.
IMO, I think a nintendo deveoloper was probably thinking: "Hmm It prints money, why not? " Because wow... this is a very sorry excuse to make a DSi revision..

The picture is comparing the DSi XL to the already existing DSi. Shocking right? :\

I kind of doubt it will sell all that well. After all, it's only been so long since they introduced the Dsi in the first place, and not only that but the market for people with big hands and poor eyesight probably isn't that great with videogames (rather not make that eyesight any worse amirite?)

Plus, the price of the original DSi will probably go down a bit, along with the DS lite. Basically I think I will totally pass up a DSiXL (quite the acronym) in favor of getting an earlier version cheaper.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-10 16:36:51

Recently played Startropics....

How did this game not become a major Nintendo franchise???

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-11 15:04:27

I'm still playing Final Fantasy 6 for the GBA. I'm getting close to the end, but I still got some characters and magicite to obtain. I must say I liked the first half of the game more. Running around the globe regathering your party is a bit lame and puts the story at a pretty low pace. But for the rest I love the game so far.

At 11/10/09 04:36 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Recently played Startropics....

Simply because nobody has ever heard of it?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-11 15:22:12

Recently bought Madworld from my local Gamestop to see if I was allowed to buy M rated game with no ID for Modern Warfare 2. (I was asked for one last time) I got the game, and it's surprisingly fun. The music is badass, I love the art style, and it's gruesome. Easily worth the 17 dollars.

At 11/11/09 03:04 PM, Auz wrote:

Exactly.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-11 17:44:09

CoD Four was on the DS...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-11 18:08:46

At 11/11/09 03:22 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 11/11/09 03:04 PM, Auz wrote:

Exactly.

Well, maybe not now, but back when it released in 1990, it was hot shit. It was designed especially for Americans, and had a very Zelda-esque feel to it. It was so popular that it even got a sequel in 1994, but then went into the abyss of obscurity. Lucky it was released on the Virtual Console though.

I wish Nintendo would bring it back.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-12 12:24:27

At 11/11/09 06:08 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 11/11/09 03:04 PM, Auz wrote: Simply because nobody has ever heard of it?
Exactly.
Well, maybe not now, but back when it released in 1990, it was hot shit. It was designed especially for Americans, and had a very Zelda-esque feel to it. It was so popular that it even got a sequel in 1994, but then went into the abyss of obscurity. Lucky it was released on the Virtual Console though.

I wish Nintendo would bring it back.

Well 1990 is a long time ago. You gotta be at least like 30 years old by now to have experienced the time when that game was popular. I don't think the group of gamers of 30+ that have played that game is that big, so perhaps they have doubts that it will ever get popular again.

Otherwise, maybe the group of creators fell apart over the years or something like that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-12 19:47:38

At 11/12/09 12:24 PM, Auz wrote:
Well 1990 is a long time ago. You gotta be at least like 30 years old by now to have experienced the time when that game was popular. I don't think the group of gamers of 30+ that have played that game is that big, so perhaps they have doubts that it will ever get popular again.

Otherwise, maybe the group of creators fell apart over the years or something like that.

1994 is slightly shorter, and what about Kid Icarus? That had just one game and was released in like 88'!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-13 07:30:32

At 11/12/09 07:47 PM, puddinN64 wrote: 1994 is slightly shorter, and what about Kid Icarus? That had just one game and was released in like 88'!

Never played it and I only know Pit from Brawl. I heard a lot of positive stories about the original game though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-13 14:00:47

i want to join :3
i like nintendo a lot :)
i have the 64,gamecube, ds and wii
^^
and i like super smash games and zelda's

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-13 17:58:25

I'm working on Link to the Past.

Again.

The last time I played, the SNES crashed and erased all my data, so I've had to start over. But it's worth it.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-13 18:51:38

At 11/13/09 02:00 PM, tamisise wrote: i want to join :3

Yah you can.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-14 04:18:34

At 11/13/09 07:30 AM, Auz wrote:
At 11/12/09 07:47 PM, puddinN64 wrote: 1994 is slightly shorter, and what about Kid Icarus? That had just one game and was released in like 88'!
Never played it and I only know Pit from Brawl. I heard a lot of positive stories about the original game though.

Are you serious? You need to try it. It is well worth being placed among NES classics like Metroid, Zelda and Mario. It seriously is a great game. It's probably like the best mix of genres I've ever seen (it has platforming, exploration, shooting parts, and all kinds of other shit).

I strongly reccommend that you try and find it some way or another, be it Virtual Console, pawn shops, whatever.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-14 07:44:50

At 11/14/09 04:18 AM, Ass-Crumb wrote:
At 11/13/09 07:30 AM, Auz wrote: Never played it and I only know Pit from Brawl. I heard a lot of positive stories about the original game though.
Are you serious? You need to try it.

Alright if you say so. I'll see if I can find it once I'm done playing Final Fantasy 6. Could still take a while though, since I've been playing for weeks and I am not making much progress at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-14 08:59:34

I strongly reccommend that you try and find it some way or another, be it Virtual Console, pawn shops, whatever.

Word to the wise: THIS GAME IS HARD AS BALLS. The first level is pretty difficult, and if you get it on the VC, the code system is completely neutered.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-14 10:54:01

i want to get spirit tracks but would it be smarter to get phantom hour glass first

or should i just screw zelda and go for nsmbwii

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-14 15:48:18

At 11/14/09 10:54 AM, llnuclearmuffins wrote: i want to get spirit tracks but would it be smarter to get phantom hour glass first

Don't get any of them.

Super Nintedo FTW!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-14 20:49:08

At 11/14/09 03:48 PM, cool154 wrote:
At 11/14/09 10:54 AM, llnuclearmuffins wrote: i want to get spirit tracks but would it be smarter to get phantom hour glass first

Don't get any of them.
Super Nintedo FTW!

for a nintendo fan, very odd statement
so you want me to play my super nintendo...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-16 12:41:21

I don't think anyone's tried Zelda Spirit Tracks, but I'd say that if you don't want to wait you'd go with NSMB considering it's coming out sooner (I believe). But if you want Spirit Tracks more, I'd say that you should try PHG first just to get a feel for the controls and whether you like them.

NSMB would probably cost more than just Spirit Tracks, but less than Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. Not only that but they're all great games (With the exception of Spirit Tracks which I haven't played, but it's probably going to be alright in the end).

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-17 17:08:02

At 11/14/09 08:59 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
Word to the wise: THIS GAME IS HARD AS BALLS.

Well I like a little challenge. As long as I don't get stuck for too long because then I usually start to lose interest.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-17 19:36:57

At 11/14/09 08:49 PM, llnuclearmuffins wrote:
At 11/14/09 03:48 PM, cool154 wrote:

Don't get any of them.
Super Nintedo FTW!
for a nintendo fan, very odd statement
so you want me to play my super nintendo...

I just prefer older games over the newer ones, that's all. Graphics don't really matter to me. Although I do think that nsmbwii looks intriguing, but I'll probably wait for a while to get it.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-18 23:42:59

At 11/17/09 05:08 PM, Auz wrote:
Well I like a little challenge. As long as I don't get stuck for too long because then I usually start to lose interest.

The challenge in the game is always the best part, a game is no fun when you are whoopin' ass and getting through the game no problem.

Haven't played much Nintendo lately due to Modern Whorefare 2, been trying to get every trophy.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-19 17:23:46

Just 100% completed Majora's Mask. Got all masks, heart pieces, powerups, etc.

Moving on to 100% OoT, all I need to do is finish that goddamn fishing hole and get the Golden Scale so I can get the last heart piece. Anyone have any tips to beat the fishing hole as an adult? I haven't gotten the sinking lure yet either.

Also started on 100% completing Twilight Princess. My aim is to have all the Zelda games 100%completed by the end of the year, mainly just so I can say I have absolutely raped every Zelda game. Except the CD-i ones.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-20 08:54:23

At 11/18/09 11:42 PM, EpicFail wrote: The challenge in the game is always the best part, a game is no fun when you are whoopin' ass and getting through the game no problem.

I suppose that would be okay if it's a very long game with an interesting story, but I don't really expect such things from a SNES game.

At 11/19/09 05:23 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote: Moving on to 100% OoT, all I need to do is finish that goddamn fishing hole and get the Golden Scale so I can get the last heart piece. Anyone have any tips to beat the fishing hole as an adult? I haven't gotten the sinking lure yet either.

Yeah I got some tips:
A) I would not get the sinking lure because the fisherman is gonna bitch about it and I believe he's not gonna give you anything if you break the record with a fish you caught with the sinking lure.
B) The biggest fish in the pond swims at the center, but I believe there is only one specific moment where you get a chance to catch him (with a normal lure). I'm not sure when that is, so you're gonna have to search for a FAQ if you want to know. That fish weights 22 pounds I believe.
C) The second largest fish I could ever find is much easier to locate and catch. He swims on the left side of the pond where there is this large branch or something sticking out of the water. He weights about 20 pounds or so.
D) The third largest fish I could find is even easier to catch. He swims on the right side of the pond near the small river. There are two pillar-like things sticking out of the water with two fishes near them. One weights 16 pounds, the other 12 pounds. You gotta be a bit careful because the 12 pound-fish is more eager to bite and that will scare the other one.

The 16 pound-fish should already be enough to get you a golden scale.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-21 07:10:07

Goddamnit! I lost my FF6 save file! I had about 30 hours of gameplay in that game and was getting very near the end. Actually I just needed to collect the last few espers before I went to Kefka's Tower.

Crap.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-11-21 20:35:20

Playing Donkey Kong Country 2 at this moment. For some reason, I find it a shitload harder than the original.

At 11/21/09 07:10 AM, Auz wrote: Goddamnit! I lost my FF6 save file! I had about 30 hours of gameplay in that game and was getting very near the end. Actually I just needed to collect the last few espers before I went to Kefka's Tower.

Crap.

Damn. That sucks man. I know what you're going through though.

BBS Signature