00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OneCardPony just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Copycat Rant

72,452 Views | 431 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-24 06:11:10

Amen!

-The Sinister One

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-24 09:33:38

I only came across NG about 4 months ago, even though I've been making flash toons and games for over 4 years. Nothing touches it as far as I'm concerned for getting my work seen and getting feedback. I've been totally inspired by the simple fact that when I now make a game or Toon, I immediatley have a ready and waiting audience. NG is simply the best gig in town.

On the down side, the audience is "of a particular type" and if I knew of other portals which had a differnet audience I'd be happy to show my work there too.

People will always steal your ideas, that's why you have to come up with more...

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-24 09:56:07

Should i quit doing DeathVirus a favour and don't program for lavagarden.com anymore?

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-24 16:09:28

Recently I checked Flipsided.com for any news or anything and luckily their was...my friend (Not VideogameHeaven) but Phill Colins had taken over Flipsided (Deleted everything in the portal) this is an extract he said to me;
'I hate those mother fuckers let them suffer with no Portal...it serves them right to copy Newgrounds!'
Well he is going to delete anything that goes onto Flipsided now and I don't know what their going to do I hope this information has been interesting to some and to check the portal by clicking here ---------> Flipsided Portal

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-24 20:31:41

Your friend did a pretty bad job of it aswell. It is all fixed up now.

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-24 20:35:04

Also if you scroll up through the posts, everyone has under 5 posts. It may be just a coincidence though.

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-06-30 08:00:41

Guys!Ignore them!By putting links to NG on every page,FS is burning itself up!Newbs who go to flipside think,"Hey this site is pretty cool," then they see the link to newgrounds.When they click on it,they're like,"Whoa!This site is way better!" and NG constantly keeps getting new members like this!Although the adult ads don't help our image very much...

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-07-12 13:14:05

Ha! Like anything could even match NG... you've only got to look at it to know it is the one and only, original Flash portal.

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-07-12 13:57:04

At 6/30/04 08:00 AM, Tamerlane wrote: Guys!Ignore them!By putting links to NG on every page,FS is burning itself up!Newbs who go to flipside think,"Hey this site is pretty cool," then they see the link to newgrounds.When they click on it,they're like,"Whoa!This site is way better!"

If you think that way, why di you sign yourself up on our website?

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-07-13 05:03:35

If you think that way, why di you sign yourself up on our website?

Check my second post,if you can.Flipsided seems to have crashed again.

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-07-13 05:41:52

Excuse me -- third post

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-08-30 13:44:10

I never came across another 'portal'. On the other hand, I neer really searched for one, I saw newgrounds first and I see/saw no reason to go to another site. it's a shame that such copy's exist, but I don't think that it makes newgrounds look less good.

ceci n'est pas un blog.

(get it? It's a link to a blog.)

Response to Copycat Rant 2004-10-23 11:49:17

At 6/23/04 11:04 AM, sexy wrote: hey i say i'm a girl and i want to be fuck....i want people to fuck me but they better be,hot,cute,ora hot cock....;)

omgo hot i get some.

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-01-14 01:25:44

In my opinion if you get your flash blammed on newgrounds, submit it to one of these copycat sites. That way your flash stil gets to be seen by people, and the standards of the copycat sites become way lower than the high standards here at newgrounds... therefore ensuring that newgrounds remains the best darn flash portal on the internet.

MY HAT IS AWESOME!

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-02-06 18:41:14

At 6/11/04 01:21 AM, Hinotori wrote: it's also a case of LOST profits.

Welcome to the competative buisness world.

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-02-16 21:22:32

Cmon guy be cool and CLICK HERE

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-05-07 19:47:43

I know you hate copycats. I hate them too. It's even more of a low blow to copy the html code of the automated flash portal in two seconds when it took you guys [Newgrounds] countless hours, days, possibly months.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-05-14 14:56:21

ohh

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-05-15 00:00:10

Newgrounds will be the best forever!!

Awesome post great job!

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-05-20 18:02:59

I hope I can make a site as good as Newgrounds one day... (and no, I probably won't copy it!)

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-06-24 13:15:16

wdf? retrogade basically copied everysing piece of newgrounds and changed the colour and made it "photoshop". i would be pretty pissed off with them.

BBS Signature

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-10-26 05:31:30

it is intersetin g to note the number of copycraps, i mean cats, out there. There has to be thousands of people who thought this was a cool idea and copied it. Now dont get me wrong, i was coming to this site long before i was a member, i mean, i was coming to this site since '97 and in the almost tens years since then this site is by far the best website i have seen that is not created by a major corperation. I would be so bold to say that this site in my opinion is seconded by only the BBC's news website.
Im apart of a few forum in other hobbies like warhammer 40k (yes, i have NO life) and every time some one says, "well, [newgrounds] didnt invent it" i point to your wikipedia artical. I then point out that wikipedia is as accurate, if not more so, then the encyclopedia britanica (true proven fact). Im making a lil portal like thing on my website (well, a movie section) and i put right there that i was inspired to make movies because of newgrounds. in some ways Newgrounds has changed the world, im sure if you think about it you can find one.

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-10-26 05:36:28

At 5/14/06 12:52 PM, Nickjot wrote: Yeah... I've seen them all. It's kind of sad.
Flash Portal Dot Com -Not even other pages to categorize the flashes. They even copyrighted the portal o.O

hmmm, if you ask me you should find out when they started up, and point out that they cant copy right that which was created before they.

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-10-29 18:48:39

I have seen a few copycats but when compared to Newgounds they are small and usually pathetic. I'm not saying they're are complete crap but still most things are stolen or not NG quality. The Portal is more than just a place where you play games and watch cartoons, it's a gathering of opinions, veiws, geniuses, and shit loads of violence and swears, and boobs :) Everyone else is trying to capyure the uncatchable the Newgrounds sprit. NG4Life MOTHERFUCKERS!

Response to Copycat Rant 2006-10-31 17:34:36

Issueman seems to sum it up entirely. I concur, my good man.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Copycat Rant 2007-02-11 04:34:37

tom man u and jess are heros and don'tt forget it

hey hey hey this is the j to the a to the r,r to the m to the o to the m to the e JERROME

ROME AT BUILT IN A DAY PM ME

Response to Copycat Rant 2007-07-23 21:06:58

yes im low leveled but ive been here since 2005 i think? yeah i think so anyways this is the best portal ive seen and ever will see this is the about 10th most lookes at website ever made the rest being other games sites and news ones so yeah ill just be quiet and let you all show your support PLEASE??

Well.

Shit.

Response to Copycat Rant 2007-07-29 22:06:30

This may have been asked, but I didn't feel like going through 15 pages of "W00t Tom," but is albinoblacksheep concidered a copycat site, because they have a community (like NG), but it's their own.

I personally love that site, and will submit my flash to both sites with a different preloader. Would that make you guys mad? The creator of ABS didn't care at all.

Response to Copycat Rant 2007-08-05 12:32:58

newgrounds !!!

ha new signature!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Copycat Rant 2007-08-06 17:00:04

right

ha new signature!!!

BBS Signature