00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SanKode just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the Ukraine situation

51,620 Views | 1,419 Replies

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 13:45:38 (edited 2022-02-27 13:46:13)

Hey @Zachary and @TurkeyonaStick @tomfulp if I make a post or a mod makes it with list of all Ukranian charities do you think we could sticky it for the whole BBS and try to do some good?

what does anyone else think about this?

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 13:49:18

At 2/27/22 01:45 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Hey @Zachary and @TurkeyonaStick @tomfulp if I make a post or a mod makes it with list of all Ukranian charities do you think we could sticky it for the whole BBS and try to do some good?

what does anyone else think about this?

It’s not stickied but Herbie’s already made one.

I think the Yahoo listed charities are a good shout.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 13:49:30

I'm hoping this Ukraine affair will mark the beginning of the end of Putin dictatorship.

I'm so sick of this guy.

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 14:57:44

News big if true.

Turkey is considering closing the bosphorus Strait to ALL RUSSIAN FLAGGED SHIPS.

Here is a map off all countries refusing Russian aircraft.iu_562392_1670765.webp

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 15:04:39

At 2/27/22 01:49 PM, RoboHex wrote: I'm hoping this Ukraine affair will mark the beginning of the end of Putin dictatorship.

I'm so sick of this guy.

It seems that others feel the same way:

Putin may have ‘lost touch with reality,’ expert says

WASHINGTON — Has Vladimir Putin lost touch with reality? Once widely viewed as a cunning, if ruthless, but ultimately rational actor, the Russian president is now isolated and increasingly paranoid, having launched a war in Ukraine that has alarmed even some of his closest advisers, says Catherine Belton, a former Moscow-based correspondent for the Financial Times, now with Reuters and the author of the widely praised book “Putin’s People: How the KGB Took Back Russia and Then Took on the West.”

In an interview with Yahoo News’s "Skullduggery" podcast, hours before Putin placed Russian nuclear forces on high alert, Belton explains why the battle for Ukraine could be the Russian president’s waterloo.

Anti-war sentiment grows in Russia despite govt crackdown

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 15:15:33 (edited 2022-02-27 15:16:53)

At 2/27/22 02:57 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Here is a map off all countries refusing Russian aircraft.

Think it might be more than that (I had to look this up to understand what the red areas meant)

Source

Defo a significant hindrance for flight!

iu_562412_1301731.png

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 15:27:43

At 2/27/22 03:15 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/27/22 02:57 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Here is a map off all countries refusing Russian aircraft.
Think it might be more than that (I had to look this up to understand what the red areas meant)

Source

RIP BOZOS ENJOY WASTING FUEL

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 15:58:38

At 2/27/22 02:57 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: News big if true.

Turkey is considering closing the bosphorus Strait to ALL RUSSIAN FLAGGED SHIPS.

I do believe that will cause a Russian attack to retake "Tsargrad" from "Nazis".

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 16:04:29 (edited 2022-02-27 16:07:03)

If anything, this is only further uniting other countries against Russia.

Russian officials warn Finland and Sweden of 'serious military and political' retaliation if they join NATO

China is further distancing themselves from Russia on Ukraine.

China lays out 5-point position on Russia's invasion of Ukraine

China's Foreign Ministry on Friday stressed that Beijing believes the "sovereignty and territorial integrity of all countries" should be respected — a principle that "applies equally to Ukraine."

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 17:12:51 (edited 2022-02-27 17:13:31)

At 2/26/22 04:21 PM, EdyKel wrote:
: At 2/26/22 12:52 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
: : The US should abandon the pretensions of global empire and focus on restoring its own broken interior.
:
: Dude, please stop virtual signaling. The US is not a global empire, we are an economic super power, which pursues our economic interests through trade

through trade

through trade

You post all sorts of delusional things, but this takes the cake.

Do you know who Jacobo Arbenz is? Or Gaddafi for a more recent example? How about the 1953 Iranian coup? Or what we tried with Castro and several others.

The US has a long and still ongoing history of toppling legitimate governments and replacing them with puppets. We are, in fact, an empire, that rules through lies and the occasional bouts of violence.

The rest of the world sees this even if we do not.

No pods, no casters

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 17:17:26

At 2/27/22 03:15 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Think it might be more than that (I had to look this up to understand what the red areas meant)

Source

Oh then I might have posted the wrong map or its old and this is a updated one, I apologize.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 17:44:19 (edited 2022-02-27 17:44:35)

some quick thoughts:

1) Putin saying he's putting it's nuclear forces on high alert is scare factor 101 bs. Like, aren't nuclear forces constantly 100% of the time on high alert?

2) What happens if the ukranians are successful in their resistance? What will russia do? Putin doesnt seem like the kind of guy to go like "oh well" and walk it off. He's been pretty vocally aggressive towards nato, and saying stuff like the nuclear alert.

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 17:51:13

I created this thread:

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1495508

if anybody would be interested and want to actually do something instead of just talking and sharing opinions, which isn't helping Ukraine at all.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 18:06:59 (edited 2022-02-27 18:21:42)

At 2/27/22 05:12 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
You post all sorts of delusional things, but this takes the cake.

Do you know who Jacobo Arbenz is? Or Gaddafi for a more recent example? How about the 1953 Iranian coup? Or what we tried with Castro and several others.

The US has a long and still ongoing history of toppling legitimate governments and replacing them with puppets. We are, in fact, an empire, that rules through lies and the occasional bouts of violence.

The rest of the world sees this even if we do not.

So, you are using some slippery slope shit about what the US did in the past to downplay this very shit that Russia is currently doing? By doing this, you are literally justifying this shit.

Son, get out from your parent's skirt, and get your ass kicked about by real life to actually learn about it. I can't tell you how much this latest line of reasoning from you can be used agaisnt your other arguments around here. It's that stupid.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 18:19:56

Even the natural Swiss are considering sanctioning Russia. Seems Putin underestimated how the world would respond to is provocative actions

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 18:33:03

At 2/27/22 06:19 PM, LordJaric wrote: Even the natural Swiss are considering sanctioning Russia. Seems Putin underestimated how the world would respond to is provocative actions

If incurring the wrath of famously netural Switzerland isn't a sign of well and truly fucking up, nothing is. GFL

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 19:13:54 (edited 2022-02-27 19:15:35)

At 2/27/22 06:19 PM, LordJaric wrote: Even the natural Swiss are considering sanctioning Russia. Seems Putin underestimated how the world would respond to is provocative actions

Doubt Putin of all people cares right now what the world thinks of him. If his mental health isn't there like everyone is saying now who knows what the fuck is going to happen.

Next thing you know he's going to claim that NATO attacked his army to justify the use of a nuke on Ukraine. (God forbid should that happen but at this point with the uncertainty in place, it wouldn't be surprising if he pulled that but shocking nonetheless)

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 20:40:34 (edited 2022-02-27 20:45:32)

Ukraine has established a Foreign Legion for international volunteers. Apparently all you have to do is fly in from Poland and take a train east to the Ukranian border and they'll set you up.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 20:45:31

My current opinion: This cannot continue much longer. Putin has a choice to make. Inside of him are two wolves, you might say. He will either have to force concessions soon and try to demand Donbass. There is a small but real chance he might get it.

or... he will have to fully commit to destroying the country. Which he cannot afford. At all.

No pods, no casters

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 20:50:07

At 2/27/22 08:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Ukraine has established a Foreign Legion for international volunteers. Apparently all you have to do is fly in from Poland and take a train east to the Ukranian border and they'll set you up.

I would assume that they do health checks before someone enlists.

The only thing that I can do on my end for now is to donate to charities supporting Ukraine and do what I can to disprove propaganda from the Russian Federation. Anything else on my end may not be that helpful unless the conflict grows bigger. The last thing anyone needs is someone with mental health issues on a battlefield.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 20:54:22 (edited 2022-02-27 21:06:56)

At 2/27/22 08:45 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: My current opinion: This cannot continue much longer. Putin has a choice to make. Inside of him are two wolves, you might say. He will either have to force concessions soon and try to demand Donbass. There is a small but real chance he might get it.

or... he will have to fully commit to destroying the country. Which he cannot afford. At all.

I don't see how he wins anything here strategically unless he makes the former choice. If he commits to destroying cities, he becomes North Korea 2 overnight.

And turns him into public enemy number 2 for the EU. (public enemy number 1 are the Europeans themselves)

AFP News Agency on Twitter: "#BREAKING EU countries will provide 'fighter jets' to Ukraine under Brussels funding: Borrell https://t.co/tkmHfrhhlf" / Twitter

And it's doing wonders for NATO which has taken a massive beating in public opinion before this. We shouldn't forget the past President wanted to pull out of it entirely. Absolutely do not see that happening now.

Samuel Ramani on Twitter: "BREAKING: Kosovo asks the US for a permanent military base and requests NATO membership" / Twitter

lol

Reuters on Twitter: "Belarus holds referendum to renounce non-nuclear status https://t.co/a1HM0969Gv https://t.co/wxvWucoloH" / Twitter

No pods, no casters

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 21:34:59

Roma est mater omnium nostrum

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 21:39:42

At 2/27/22 09:34 PM, SuperiorGhostgamer wrote: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/russia-ukraine-live-updates-n1290057/ncrd1290115#blogHeader

SLAVA UKRAINE

It's a good sign but it's too early to tell what Russia will do at this point.

I'm just hoping for the best on this one.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-27 22:02:45

iu_562776_9743139.webp

No pods, no casters

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 01:21:13

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 04:05:34

iu_562944_8310894.jpg

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 06:15:19

At 2/27/22 01:49 PM, RoboHex wrote: I'm hoping this Ukraine affair will mark the beginning of the end of Putin dictatorship.

I'm so sick of this guy.

As a russian person: mee too

But good news: the russian police are tired of detaining people on anti-war protests, if we will do it a little longer the police will stand on our side! (Sorry for bad english)

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 06:41:11

At 2/28/22 06:15 AM, GreatPoodle wrote:

I'm so sick of this guy.
But good news: the russian police are tired of detaining people on anti-war protests, if we will do it a little longer the police will stand on our side! (Sorry for bad english)

Stay strong and keep it up, I know that it is a difficult time also for you. You've suffered long enough under Putin's dictatorship.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 07:29:41

At 2/28/22 06:15 AM, GreatPoodle wrote:

I'm so sick of this guy.

You may have not heard about it:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tass-site-hacked-with-putin-makes-us-lie-message