00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SanKode just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the Ukraine situation

51,623 Views | 1,419 Replies

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-02 10:11:27 (edited 2023-03-02 10:12:23)

It's up to Ukraine to decide if they want to continue fighting, not to anyone else.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-02 11:41:20

I wasn’t aware of how severe Ukrainian losses were…

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-17 14:14:42

At 3/17/23 11:42 AM, ChazDude wrote: Well someone has to keep this thread alive.

So far, it seems like this has turned into a war of attrition and see who breaks first. We'll find out more with the Spring offensive.

Vladimir Putin issued with an arrest warrant by the International Criminal Court for war crimes, such as the unlawful abduction and deportation of Ukrainian kids into Russia.

In all honesty, the ICC is wasting their time issuing an empty arrest warrant, especially with Russia isn't going to comply unless there is a coup. Hell, I remember a time where people were clamoring for George W. Bush to be tried for war crimes during the Iraq war, which was the war equivalent of a common foul in basketball, if that.

Also, Poland and Slovakia are giving Ukraine their MIGs, which Russia has threatened to destroy.

Considering that both countries have a rocky history with Russia, this is probably the best way to stick it to them without actually going to war themselves.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-17 14:23:18

At 3/17/23 11:42 AM, ChazDude wrote: Well someone has to keep this thread alive.

Vladimir Putin issued with an arrest warrant by the International Criminal Court for war crimes, such as the unlawful abduction and deportation of Ukrainian kids into Russia.

Also, Poland and Slovakia are giving Ukraine their MIGs, which Russia has threatened to destroy.

I actually didn't have time to go through news and stuff today, thank you for this.

Russia has gotten several nations to arm Ukraine against Russia with higher-tiered weapons than what we first saw when the war had started and assistance was being given. The fact that Putin probably understands he's getting backed into a corner but keeps pressing on tells the whole story; this war isn't ending anytime soon unless nuclear weapons start being used or we drain Putin's military resources, which won't be for quite some time with other nations supporting him.

I asked an AI the other day if it thinks the war in Ukraine will end without the use of nuclear weapons on Ukraine. It said no. Boy, I guess I love doomscrolling. Not that I enjoy it...

Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-19 18:48:45

Well, I would not be surprised if Russia did this to some of their forces (or get them very drunk), since they have no problem doping up their own athletes. It's hard to explain why their soldiers, who suffer low morale, would want to rush into battle to be mowed down in suicidal frontal charges - though, they may also have commanders who threaten to shoot them if they don't go.

A Ukrainian soldier wondered if the Russians advancing on Bakhmut are on drugs: 'Otherwise, how can they go to certain death?'

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-20 13:01:38

At 3/19/23 06:48 PM, EdyKel wrote: Well, I would not be surprised if Russia did this to some of their forces (or get them very drunk), since they have no problem doping up their own athletes. It's hard to explain why their soldiers, who suffer low morale, would want to rush into battle to be mowed down in suicidal frontal charges - though, they may also have commanders who threaten to shoot them if they don't go.

A Ukrainian soldier wondered if the Russians advancing on Bakhmut are on drugs: 'Otherwise, how can they go to certain death?'

I remember similar stories from my grandfather who fought in the German side in Russia in WW2, basically wondering how Russians just walked into machine gun fire only to get cut down like they were already dead men walking. Tbh getting drunk before an assault was common for both sides back then, he told that whenever they got the good stuff they knew things were about to get ugly. He also used to tell the alcohol they found in Russian positions was basically poison and it was so vile they'd just pour it out and that's something, soldiers will drink almost anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if barrier troops were still a thing too and the Russian soldiers have the choice between walking into enemy fire or being shot for not advancing. Russia had massive losses in almost every war they ever participated in and never cared for they lives of their own soldiers and I've yet to see anything that suggests that has changed.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-20 14:31:03

So if and when Putin does end up kicking the bucket does that automatically mean the war ends? Sure now it'll be all about rebuilding and recouping from loss but that'll at least be the start of it right?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-20 20:32:40

An explosion in the north of annexed Crimea has destroyed Russian missiles being transported by rail, Ukraine's defence ministry said.

Funny things drones can do these days, huh?

At 3/20/23 02:31 PM, Wegra wrote: So if and when Putin does end up kicking the bucket does that automatically mean the war ends? Sure now it'll be all about rebuilding and recouping from loss but that'll at least be the start of it right?

Don't get your hopes up. Unless there's a complete and flawlessly-executed revolution that somehow removes the entire Putin-alinged aparatus from power, there's a likelihood that whoever took over would be just as unwilling to give up Crimea or any other annexed Ukrainian lands.

Hell, there's a chance that the only thing stopping Russia would be its disintigration as a nation.

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2023-03-20 22:03:48

At 3/20/23 02:31 PM, Wegra wrote: So if and when Putin does end up kicking the bucket does that automatically mean the war ends? Sure now it'll be all about rebuilding and recouping from loss but that'll at least be the start of it right?

That's the hope, but by this point, there's an entire administration that has been riled (along with the general population), that is set on conquering Ukraine. Even if Putin is entirely removed from power, there would have to be enough of a regime change throughout the entire government to actually have a peaceful ending to this war.