00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KrakoaOrBust just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the Ukraine situation

52,109 Views | 1,419 Replies

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 08:52:13

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй!

And release [the Leopards-done] ATACMS & F-16s!

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 09:11:21

At 2/27/22 01:45 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Hey @Zachary and @TurkeyonaStick @tomfulp if I make a post or a mod makes it with list of all Ukranian charities do you think we could sticky it for the whole BBS and try to do some good?

what does anyone else think about this?

I'm down to sticky a thread like that!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 09:13:46

At 2/27/22 09:42 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/27/22 08:35 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/26/22 06:30 PM, HerbieG wrote: What especially started to bother me is whether any Russian company can currently advertise on Newgrounds through any ads program or earn even a single cent because of Newgrounds? @TomFulp - any comment on this?
There's currently no way a Russian company could be making money here.
Is there in fact a way any company could be making money here?

The adult ad companies are making money and likely will for a good while, given our Supporter numbers.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 10:10:07

At 2/28/22 09:13 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/27/22 09:42 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/27/22 08:35 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/26/22 06:30 PM, HerbieG wrote: What especially started to bother me is whether any Russian company can currently advertise on Newgrounds through any ads program or earn even a single cent because of Newgrounds? @TomFulp - any comment on this?
There's currently no way a Russian company could be making money here.
Is there in fact a way any company could be making money here?
The adult ad companies are making money and likely will for a good while, given our Supporter numbers.

iu_563086_2278460.png

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 10:57:31

At 2/28/22 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/27/22 01:45 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Hey @Zachary and @TurkeyonaStick @tomfulp if I make a post or a mod makes it with list of all Ukranian charities do you think we could sticky it for the whole BBS and try to do some good?

I would go even beyond that and try to do some bad to the Russian establishment and Putin's bitches oligarchs by tracking down their businesses worldwide and boycott crucial Russian products that somehow can pass the sanctions.

Hell, let's even help the Anonymous army somehow! Even they admit that they cannot deal with everything. Track down the troll accounts, the politicians that talk bullshit supporting Putin's regime!

Can't you understand that this is not only an attack on Ukraine, but on the principles of the free world?

I am writing this from a perspective of a citizen of a country located in Central Europe and sadly I have to say that many people in the West still don't understand even a half of the seriousness of the situation. Don't see those already hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians that left their homes not being sure if they will even have where to return. US main TV stations are not showing even a part of the cruelty that is really going on.

Russian rockets are already landing less than 10 miles before the borders of NATO states.

Think about it. As I already wrote, sitting in front of a computer and deliberating is not enough.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 11:19:46

At 2/28/22 10:57 AM, HerbieG wrote:
At 2/28/22 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I would go even beyond that and try to do some bad to the Russian establishment and Putin's bitches oligarchs by tracking down their businesses worldwide and boycott crucial Russian products that somehow can pass the sanctions.
Hell, let's even help the Anonymous army somehow! Even they admit that they cannot deal with everything. Track down the troll accounts, the politicians that talk bullshit supporting Putin's regime!

Can't you understand that this is not only an attack on Ukraine, but on the principles of the free world?

I am writing this from a perspective of a citizen of a country located in Central Europe and sadly I have to say that many people in the West still don't understand even a half of the seriousness of the situation. Don't see those already hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians that left their homes not being sure if they will even have where to return. US main TV stations are not showing even a part of the cruelty that is really going on.

Russian rockets are already landing less than 10 miles before the borders of NATO states.

Think about it. As I already wrote, sitting in front of a computer and deliberating is not enough.

We know in times of crisis the grifters come out, so I would recommend a single charity like the Save The Children organization, UNICEF, or GlobalGiving Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund.

I am hoping that the talks going on today help the situation, but after seeing Putin's demands to Macron from today, it seems unlikely.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 11:49:19

At 2/28/22 10:57 AM, HerbieG wrote: Russian rockets are already landing less than 10 miles before the borders of NATO states.

Wouldn’t surprise me if NATO goes to war soon if that’s true

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 13:42:58

HAPPY RUSSIAN INVASION DAY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 14:37:19

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 17:35:48

I left an info about an interesting action suggested on Anonymous account.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 18:26:45 (edited 2022-02-28 18:29:06)

This is a pretty good article that sums up the current reactions by many countries and Organization to Russia invasion of Ukraine.

How the world is punishing Russia for the Ukraine invasion

Also, this...

Trump seeks to rewrite his role in bolstering Ukraine, NATO

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 21:56:45 (edited 2022-02-28 21:56:51)

-Finnish lawmakers to discuss potential NATO membership

-Finland to debate NATO petition in parliament

-Majority of Finns support Nato membership by 53% poll shows

AWWW SHIT if that happens this is over the Finns take ZERO SHIT from Russia, add that to NATO and it adds another bordering 830 miles (or 1340KM) on Russia! and iff Finland joins Sweden will follow because Norway and Denmark are in it too and its a popular sentiment among Swedes!

iu_563672_1670765.webp

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-02-28 22:29:03 (edited 2022-02-28 22:29:22)

just thought I'd post this for anyone interested.

iu_563679_1670765.jpg

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 00:52:18

At 2/28/22 09:56 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: -Finnish lawmakers to discuss potential NATO membership
-Finland to debate NATO petition in parliament
-Majority of Finns support Nato membership by 53% poll shows

AWWW SHIT if that happens this is over the Finns take ZERO SHIT from Russia, add that to NATO and it adds another bordering 830 miles (or 1340KM) on Russia! and iff Finland joins Sweden will follow because Norway and Denmark are in it too and its a popular sentiment among Swedes!

Holy shit.

From what I've read, some Finns are REALLLLY ready to step on some Russian throats if they step one foot into Finland.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 01:15:44

Can't really see Putin backing down at this point. Ukraine may be the next Afghanistan for Russia, and costly to rebuild it for them with all the sanctions on them - and a united NATO against them for awhile.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 07:45:20

At 3/1/22 12:52 AM, CenterSargE wrote: Holy shit.

From what I've read, some Finns are REALLLLY ready to step on some Russian throats if they step one foot into Finland.

It'll be the Winter War all over again, the Finns will make them bleed and I don't think Russia can afford to have two fronts but afylter making those threats Putin will have to save face.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 07:46:35 (edited 2022-03-01 07:47:16)

At 3/1/22 01:15 AM, EdyKel wrote: Can't really see Putin backing down at this point. Ukraine may be the next Afghanistan for Russia, and costly to rebuild it for them with all the sanctions on them - and a united NATO against them for awhile.

Well for them it was Afghanistan in the 70s and 80s, they also had the Chechen War which was their Vietnam. I would consider this maybe a Bay of Pigs?

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 09:32:34

Am i only one who supporting russia

s

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 09:35:33

At 3/1/22 09:32 AM, OWD5238 wrote: Am i only one who supporting russia

And may I ask why? Where are you from?

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 10:30:37

tanistra/Moldova is next......

iu_564035_1526018.webp

Roma est mater omnium nostrum

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 10:57:12

Roma est mater omnium nostrum

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 11:25:10

If you ask me, nobody here deserves any sympathy to, everybody is acting like a bunch of inmature babies that can't act rationaly, Ukraine is somewhat at fault for attacking donbass for years since 2014 while russia just acts with batshit insanity

nobody here wins, the only one who does is the gas corporations who are going to start sell gas 40% more expensive thanks to russia cutting off theirs

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 11:37:13

At 3/1/22 11:25 AM, triggerpull wrote: If you ask me, nobody here deserves any sympathy to, everybody is acting like a bunch of inmature babies that can't act rationaly, Ukraine is somewhat at fault for attacking donbass for years since 2014 while russia just acts with batshit insanity

Keep in mind that both Lugansk and Donbass are - according to the international law - in integral part of Ukraine, as well as Crimea. And the so-called ius ad bellum has been banned since the Charter of United Nations has been adopted, so Russia clearly violated the international law.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 11:45:07

At 3/1/22 11:37 AM, HerbieG wrote:
At 3/1/22 11:25 AM, triggerpull wrote: If you ask me, nobody here deserves any sympathy to, everybody is acting like a bunch of inmature babies that can't act rationaly, Ukraine is somewhat at fault for attacking donbass for years since 2014 while russia just acts with batshit insanity
Keep in mind that both Lugansk and Donbass are - according to the international law - in integral part of Ukraine, as well as Crimea. And the so-called ius ad bellum has been banned since the Charter of United Nations has been adopted, so Russia clearly violated the international law.

This doesn't justify the deaths of innocent people just because it's on ukraine soil (specially since apparently the attacks on donbass are motivated by racism but correct me if i'm wrong), and neither the russia invassion since they should've just let them solve the conflict by themselves

One thing i don't understand is this: outside of putting pression against putin, why the hell banning russian sportsmen when they're oblivious at worst and aware at best? this doesn't happened even when germany hosted the olympics in the 40s

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 12:06:07

At 3/1/22 11:45 AM, triggerpull wrote:

This doesn't justify the deaths of innocent people just because it's on ukraine soil (specially since apparently the attacks on donbass are motivated by racism but correct me if i'm wrong),

What are the independent proofs of this, other than Russian propaganda? And I am asking seriously, any Amnesty International reports for example?

One thing i don't understand is this: outside of putting pression against putin, why the hell banning russian sportsmen when they're oblivious at worst and aware at best? this doesn't happened even when germany hosted the olympics in the 40s

Maybe it is going too far, but some of them actually were publicly showing support to the Russian invasion. It also seems like the Western world - and not only - has enough of the Russian's society's passiveness. It is the point when the Russian society has to decide in what country they want to live in? Under what rule? Under a dictator that is responsible for years of war crimes, in a country that is almost completely isolated?

This is what the people in countries behind the iron curtain did back in the 1980s, especially Poland. They decided that they do not want to live under the rule of Soviet Union's puppets anymore.

If the Germans would act fast enough there would be no Hitler and no WWII.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 12:12:20

At 3/1/22 11:45 AM, triggerpull wrote:
This doesn't justify the deaths of innocent people just because it's on ukraine soil (specially since apparently the attacks on donbass are motivated by racism but correct me if i'm wrong), and neither the russia invassion since they should've just let them solve the conflict by themselves

You are dumb and should feel bad they tried to illegally secede from Ukraine, violating the Ukranian constitution which states that for a part of Ukraine to go independent the ENITE COUNTRY must vote on it and that never happened for any of these "breakaway states" and that gives Russia no rights to annex them.

As for the the "ethnic cleansing" in Eastern Ukraine that's a russian talking point for their narrative to invade and if it did happen it could have been a false flag to use as a pretense because we all know Putin doesn't care about the people.

You should feel bad shilling russian propaganda.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 12:38:50 (edited 2022-03-01 12:39:12)

The Russian Ruble is now worth 0.0086 United States Dollar and is expected to fall further as I am posting this now.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 12:44:27

Has anybody brought up the Minsk agreements yet? It matters that Ukraine, almost certainly with Western backing, chose not to implement the terms of the agreement for several years. Especially since it was one of the big issues Putin brought up to justify his invasion.

At the end of the day the failure to live up to your own agreements, made to prevent ongoing hostilities no less, paves the way for the use of military force.

I know self-reflection is equivalent to treason for the war hawks at this point, but it's worth taking a look at what we could have done differently to avoid this sort of thing.

No pods, no casters

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 12:54:03

At 3/1/22 12:44 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Has anybody brought up the Minsk agreements yet? It matters that Ukraine, almost certainly with Western backing, chose not to implement the terms of the agreement for several years. Especially since it was one of the big issues Putin brought up to justify his invasion.

At the end of the day the failure to live up to your own agreements, made to prevent ongoing hostilities no less, paves the way for the use of military force.

I know self-reflection is equivalent to treason for the war hawks at this point, but it's worth taking a look at what we could have done differently to avoid this sort of thing.

Just gonna throw this out there while i'm at it:

NATO Arms Sales to Ukraine: the Spark That Starts a War with Russia? | Cato Institute

"The United States and its NATO allies are busily arming Ukraine and engaging in other actions that encourage the leaders in Kiev to believe that they have strong Western backing in their confrontation with Russia and Russian‐​backed separatists. The conflict between the Ukrainian government and separatist forces in the Donbass region, which has remained at a low simmer in recent years, thanks to the fragile Minsk agreements, shows unmistakable signs of heating up. That development is exacerbating already dangerous tensions between Kiev and Moscow. There is growing speculation that Russia might even launch an invasion of Ukraine.
Western leaders are pursuing a reckless strategy that is generating increasingly pointed warnings from Kremlin officials. On two occasions since early April, Russia also has made ominous military deployments near its border with Ukraine. Shortly before the earlier episode, the Biden administration had announced a new $125 million arms sale to Ukraine. Although the transaction was put on hold temporarily in June, $60 million of that package was delivered during U.S. secretary of defense Lloyd Austin’s visit to Kiev in late October."

No pods, no casters

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-03-01 13:06:50 (edited 2022-03-01 13:08:02)

At 3/1/22 12:44 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Has anybody brought up the Minsk agreements yet? It matters that Ukraine, almost certainly with Western backing, chose not to implement the terms of the agreement for several years. Especially since it was one of the big issues Putin brought up to justify his invasion.

Minsk agreements don't apply to Russia's current invasion because the agreements don't recognize LPR and DPR as legitimate, like Russia is claiming now as the basis for the invasion. Not to mention that Russia completely violated the Minsk agreements multiple times (such as preventing approved OSCE monitoring), so why bring it up now?

But I haven't heard you mention any of that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

BBS Signature