00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the Ukraine situation

52,099 Views | 1,419 Replies

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-11-16 13:41:35

hello

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-11-21 07:52:16

Dunno if it's already been posted here, but here's a video from a Finnish Intelligence officer evaluating Russia, it's quite insightful and explains alot of things we're seeing in this conflict, despite being from 2018. It's quite interesting if you can stand the robotic voice translation and the 1 hour length:

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-10 14:47:47 (edited 2022-12-10 14:52:13)

Okay, one fire during a time of war might be an accident, a second in a short time is suspicious but a third in the capital? Russia is having problems within their own country. My money is on Russian partisans sick of the war and Putin's grip on power. Or false flag attacks.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-10 19:16:52 (edited 2022-12-10 19:17:06)

At 11/16/22 11:11 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 11/16/22 11:02 AM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote: And that’s why you remain calm, everybody.
Yeah, we'll remember to tell you that the next time you have a total melt down around here.

You forget that they lose all agency when they're drunk so they can't be held accountable for what they do.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-10 20:16:16 (edited 2022-12-10 20:22:28)

to recap, missiles landed in Poland, killing two civilians. Most here had a knee jerk reaction to scapegoat der Russians per usual.

I advise caution, through “calm down”, usual peanut gallery folks with nothing to add snipe me. ( I don’t want to see mushroom clouds on the horizon. I’m awful aren’t I )

Turns out I was 100% correct it was an unfortunate accident. And Poland had cause to invade Ukraine if anything, but they chose the path of “calm down”.

Then almost immediately after, I link an article that ZelZel is considering peace.

crickets. 🦗 🦗 🦗

At 12/10/22 07:16 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 11/16/22 11:11 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 11/16/22 11:02 AM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote: And that’s why you remain calm, everybody.
Yeah, we'll remember to tell you that the next time you have a total melt down around here.
You forget that they lose all agency when they're drunk so they can't be held accountable for what they do.

So what were you on when you wrote this,

At 11/21/22 10:37 PM, Gimmick wrote:
Words can't express the disgust I have for scum like @spooky-bum-driller. Keep collecting those fucking receipts, you hypocrite. And shove them up your ass.

And that’s just the most recent one

hello

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-17 07:26:04

It's just terrible, for 10 months this special operation has not ended yet, Ukraine already lives without electricity, and probably the war will end only after 100 years!

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-21 17:53:53 (edited 2022-12-21 17:54:31)

At 12/10/22 08:16 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote:

This thread was a lost cause when the consensus here is that Russia blew up Nordstream and that anything suggesting otherwise was a cuckoo conspiracy theory.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-21 19:47:53

At 12/21/22 05:53 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 12/10/22 08:16 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote:
This thread was a lost cause when the consensus here is that Russia blew up Nordstream and that anything suggesting otherwise was a cuckoo conspiracy theory.

yes hehe why would russia blow up pipes that they use to export oil

shhhhh its a secret

lel

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-22 04:02:53

At 12/21/22 05:53 PM, verycoolguy wrote: This thread was a lost cause when the consensus here is that Russia blew up Nordstream and that anything suggesting otherwise was a cuckoo conspiracy theory.

Except nobody said that, lol

You’ve got Sequenced parroting that the US blew it up (which is a conspiracy theory), but that’s it.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-22 15:28:59

At 12/22/22 04:02 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/21/22 05:53 PM, verycoolguy wrote: This thread was a lost cause when the consensus here is that Russia blew up Nordstream and that anything suggesting otherwise was a cuckoo conspiracy theory.

You’ve got Sequenced parroting that the US blew it up (which is a conspiracy theory), but that’s it.

a difference of opinion is a conspiracy theory

ok dude

please tell me why russia will blow up its own pipeline that they use to export their own oil

lel

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-22 15:39:39

At 12/22/22 03:28 PM, Sequenced wrote:

ok dude

please tell me why russia will blow up its own pipeline that they use to export their own oil

Nobody’s saying Russia will blow up its own pipeline. I don’t know why you two are misreading posts …

I was pointing out you think the US blew up the Nordstream pipeline. That is a conspiracy theory.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-22 15:45:24

ok dude

Turkey's not calling a simple difference of opinion a conspiracy theory. They're talking about your point of the US blowing up Nordstream.

Which I have to ask then, what benefit does the US get by blowing up Nordstream? If at any point it's revealed that the US was the one to do the sabotage, then the very foundation of NATO itself is going to be shaken to the core if even the strongest member is going to resort to such actions involving allies.

At this point, there's still no definitive proof being put forth of who attacked Nordstream, so I can't really make any solid accusations of who did so.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-22 17:48:48

At 12/22/22 03:39 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

ok dude

Nobody’s saying Russia will blow up its own pipeline. I don’t know why you two are misreading posts …

I was pointing out you think the US blew up the Nordstream pipeline. That is a conspiracy theory.

You can't possibly tell me that you do not think it is somewhat possible that the US is responsible. A country, who is capable of toppling governments, assassinating enemy government officials with drones, sending billions of dollars to a foreign nation in a war we are not "involved" with, government agencies colluding with media and big tech in election interference, is not capable of sabotage?? There is a war on oil that has been going on for decades. It's all about economic control at this point. The only way for the war to end is for the US to stop enabling its retarded war machine.

Yet you think I advocate violence against trans people. Now that is a conspiracy.

Since when did it stop being cool to question the mainstream media's narrative and our government?

It's no fun being a sheep.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-22 17:58:08

At 12/22/22 05:48 PM, Sequenced wrote: You can't possibly tell me that you do not think it is somewhat possible that the US is responsible.

Plenty of countries are capable of it.

It's no fun being a sheep.

Sounds like I’m more open-minded about it than you are, given that you want to believe the US did it.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-23 08:48:52

People who claim people are sheep for agreeing with certifiable facts and logic when it comes to geopolitical matters (in this case, the Nordstream pipeline) should have their opinion immediately discarded.

It honestly makes me wonder would they have similar opinions in say, WW2 for example. It's bad enough to insult people's intellgence who are experts in geopolitical logic, it's quite another to have the back of Russia, who commits war crimes with abandon and holding much of Europe hostage.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-23 13:36:40

At 12/23/22 08:48 AM, orangebomb wrote: People who claim people are sheep for agreeing with certifiable facts and logic when it comes to geopolitical matters should have their opinion immediately discarded.

It honestly makes me wonder would they have similar opinions in say, WW2 for example.

the answer may or may not surprise you, for a large majority of these folk

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-23 14:13:19

"certified fact" lol ok

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/21/russia-nord-stream-explosions/

no one has confirmed at all who is responsible yet

but yes continue to group attack non-leftists for thinking for themselves. this forum is down the drain and will die cause mods play favorites

lel

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-23 14:55:01

Look, it is true that for much of America’s history, they have been meddlesome imperialists. Getting involved in this South American country’s elections, toppling the native monarchy of Hawaii, doing questionable things in the Middle East.

But this is cart before the horse. The US does not have the military means to blow up a pipeline. Track record yes, but equipment, no.

hello

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-23 15:09:42

At 12/23/22 08:48 AM, orangebomb wrote: People who claim people are sheep for agreeing with certifiable facts and logic when it comes to geopolitical matters (in this case, the Nordstream pipeline) should have their opinion immediately discarded.

It honestly makes me wonder would they have similar opinions in say, WW2 for example. It's bad enough to insult people's intellgence who are experts in geopolitical logic, it's quite another to have the back of Russia, who commits war crimes with abandon and holding much of Europe hostage.

That particular user always talks out of his ass.

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-23 16:08:56

At 12/23/22 03:09 PM, RoboHex wrote:
At 12/23/22 08:48 AM, orangebomb wrote: People who claim people are sheep for agreeing with certifiable facts and logic when it comes to geopolitical matters (in this case, the Nordstream pipeline) should have their opinion immediately discarded.

you know its pretty great that comments like these don't get deleted.

If the US can send a trillion dollars to ukraine and top grade military equipment, they can for sure blow up a pipeline.

The whole point of this war is to keep US #1 economy in the world. It's a proxy war for a reason.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-24 09:32:17

At 12/23/22 04:08 PM, Sequenced wrote:

What exactly makes you so special in that regard? People need to be held accountable when they lie and/or post baseless claims that has no logic and should be dismissed for that reason.

If the US can send a trillion dollars to ukraine and top grade military equipment, they can for sure blow up a pipeline.

Even if they could do it, they still wouldn't do that because it would give Russia a level of rationale for their war over Ukraine and would develop rifts with NATO, something that the U.S. would not benefit from in any way. Even the most "dedicated" of Russian bootlickers can admit to that much, if they aren't trolls.

(Though they will still probably use that story anyway because Daddy Vlad told them to)

The whole point of this war is to keep US #1 economy in the world. It's a proxy war for a reason.

Since when this war became about the size of a country's economy? Even with that train of logic, why would America be afraid of the Russian economy, which is largely dependent on one sector and is miles behind even China, let alone the U.S.?

I probably should've known that Simone Byles level of mental gymnastics that Russian bots have, but now it seems like they are reducing themselves to tinfoil hats and whataboutisms that would makes our conspiracy theorists' seem rational.

If you really do think all this is true, I don't want to imagine how you'll try to justify Russia's war crime fetishism.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-24 17:32:55

At 12/24/22 09:32 AM, orangebomb wrote:

What exactly makes you so special in that regard? People need to be held accountable when they lie and/or post baseless claims that has no logic and should be dismissed for that reason.

stop with the baseless claims bullshit. thats what the mainstream media always says

how about just have a normal conversation and debate

instead of saying "baseless claims" "hold accountable"

say

this is wrong because A, B, C

Even if they could do it, they still wouldn't do that because it would give Russia a level of rationale for their war over Ukraine and would develop rifts with NATO, something that the U.S. would not benefit from in any way. Even the most "dedicated" of Russian bootlickers can admit to that much, if they aren't trolls.

The potential reason for US to blow it up is to slow Russia's economy down to dwindle their military

since we cant put troops on the ground (even though we did for "inspection")

we fight this stupid war by proxy by sending them money we don't have

causing inflation in our own country after already pumping funny money into our eco after covid to try and fix it instead of letting it fix itself, thus ultimately having to raise our taxes that you have to pay for as well

our current foreign relations strategy is simply retarded. i wish we could spend 80 billion dollars to fix our country's problems..

but they wont.

because this is a whole scheme for the elite to get rich off of conflict again just like the middle east

(Though they will still probably use that story anyway because Daddy Vlad told them to)

Since when this war became about the size of a country's economy? Even with that train of logic, why would America be afraid of the Russian economy, which is largely dependent on one sector and is miles behind even China, let alone the U.S.?

our foreign wars has always been about oil and economy power. The US wants to be the rulers of the natural world order. Thats why they do stupid shit

I probably should've known that Simone Byles level of mental gymnastics that Russian bots have, but now it seems like they are reducing themselves to tinfoil hats and whataboutisms that would makes our conspiracy theorists' seem rational.

If you really do think all this is true, I don't want to imagine how you'll try to justify Russia's war crime fetishism.

more gaslighting. stop being an asshole

lel

BBS Signature

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-24 19:44:10 (edited 2022-12-24 19:44:42)

would be nice if this sequenced fellow who blocked or muted me would stop posting bullshit in my threads, since i literally can do nothing but watch him spread crap all over them

i would've thought by blocking / muting me he wouldn't want to engage in the threads i make...?

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-24 20:39:30

At 12/24/22 07:44 PM, Gario wrote: would be nice if this sequenced fellow who blocked or muted me would stop posting bullshit in my threads, since i literally can do nothing but watch him spread crap all over them

i would've thought by blocking / muting me he wouldn't want to engage in the threads i make...?

It was for a different matter, but I made a thread asking for a way to prevent something like this.

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1515623

But so far, no response

hello

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-24 23:17:43 (edited 2022-12-24 23:21:21)

At 12/24/22 05:32 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/24/22 09:32 AM, orangebomb wrote:

stop with the baseless claims bullshit. thats what the mainstream media always says

how about just have a normal conversation and debate

instead of saying "baseless claims" "hold accountable"

say

this is wrong because A, B, C

Dude, you never debate around here. You take a popular contrarian position based on opposition to a perceived message from mainstream media/govermnet, or an opposing party or roup, which you can't really debunk, other than ranting about how wrong they are. While you are squatting, with your pants down, shitting out your usual shit post, someone kicks you in the bare ass with actual facts and solid sources only for you to get pissed and then cancel them out by blocking them from your existence.

The potential reason for US to blow it up is to slow Russia's economy down to dwindle their military

Except the US, and it's allies, are already slowing it down with all their sanctions over Russian oil...

Even China, which is a huge importer of it, is reluctant to buy it at a cut cost.

And the pipelines were not operational at the time when the explosions occurred, in part because Russia was trying to blackmail Europe with it by trying to get them to ease off those sanctions against them. Unfortunately, this was bad PR for them, with most Europeans blaming them for the gas shortage, and hurting right-wing, pro-Russian political candidates, who were trying to use discontentment over the gas shortage caused by the Ukraine war to gain power. A convenient explosion would only help Russia, by placing the blame on another country.

It's also been pointed out that Russia routinely uses submarines in that area, and often practice drills that require precision... such as destroying pipelines.

since we cant put troops on the ground (even though we did for "inspection")
we fight this stupid war by proxy by sending them money we don't have

We already spend trillions annually that we don't have, with or without the Ukraine war. We only spend 1% on the Ukraine war, if that, out of the entire US yearly spending.

causing inflation in our own country after already pumping funny money into our eco after covid to try and fix it instead of letting it fix itself, thus ultimately having to raise our taxes that you have to pay for as well

No. Inflation is a complex issue, with partisan beating you with the stupid stick on the head to steer you into supporting their political team in a stupid and angry way.

It has little to do with govermnet spending right now, it has more to do with worker shortages (which has led companies spending more on wages to attract workers, and offsetting that by increasing prices to consumers), renters trying to recoup lost revenue during the pandemic by spiking rent prices, foreign countries playing with oil supply leading to high gas prices (with companies also offsetting higher prices to transporting goods to the consumer), and not to mention supply chain issues with a shortage of truckers and China's 3 year long pandemic response that has shut down much of their economy and their supply of manufactured good or international consumption. And many other countries in the world are in a recession, who facing similar inflation problem for many of the state reasons above, which are also dragging the US down with it.

our current foreign relations strategy is simply retarded. i wish we could spend 80 billion dollars to fix our country's problems..

but they wont.

I hate to see you even try to explain how you think that amount would fix the country's problems.

because this is a whole scheme for the elite to get rich off of conflict again just like the middle east

I suspect that many right-wing libertarians, which is heavily funded by the elite and the very rich, wholeheartedly support this if it means paying less taxes and less money to fund agencies to protect the masses from their abuse.

our foreign wars has always been about oil and economy power. The US wants to be the rulers of the natural world order. Thats why they do stupid shit

You do know that it has been mostly Republican presidents who support high defense spending, gotten us into many wars with boots on the ground, while being heavily funded by the oil industry, for the last 40 years?

more gaslighting. stop being an asshole

If you knew what you were talking about, instead of being a mindless beast of burden that devours the shit from angry contrarian media personalities who make you stupid, and angry, to steer you around to spread their manure, then you might be in a position where you can say this. But, you are just a mindless beast of burden who devours the shit from angry contrarian media personalities who make you stupid, and angry, letting them steer you around on those things to help them spread their manure all around- while also being a snowflake and a asshole.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-25 20:50:03 (edited 2022-12-25 20:50:56)

At 12/24/22 07:44 PM, Gario wrote: would be nice if this sequenced fellow who blocked or muted me would stop posting bullshit in my threads, since i literally can do nothing but watch him spread crap all over them

To be fair, blocking can only do so much. If someone wants to post in a thread made by someone they blocked nothing would stop them from doing so unless Tom and the rest of the admins made that change.

The only thing blocking does is to keep someone from contacting you and you can’t read their posts. Nothing else. It can get annoying but at the same time that’s what it is for the time being.

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-25 23:16:12

I’m filing this under weird.

Russian propaganda video shows Putin as Santa?

hello

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-26 13:38:30

At 12/25/22 11:16 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote: I’m filing this under weird.

Well do you expect anything less from Russia’s Gov’t?

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-26 13:57:09

At 12/26/22 01:38 PM, DioShiba wrote:

The pacing is slow, the set design is too on the nose. It’s not a very dynamic story, the needless zooming in on details makes me think it was a low-cost production, or a weird directors choice that just makes me a little motion sick.

hello

Response to the Ukraine situation 2022-12-26 14:26:57

At 12/26/22 01:57 PM, SPOOKY-BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 12/26/22 01:38 PM, DioShiba wrote:

The pacing is slow, the set design is too on the nose. It’s not a very dynamic story, the needless zooming in on details makes me think it was a low-cost production, or a weird directors choice that just makes me a little motion sick.

But do you expect anything less?