00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KungFuCarafu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Florida bans Democrats

2,265 Views | 98 Replies

Florida bans Democrats 2023-02-28 19:00:25

or at least they're trying to

it's not hyperbole or exaggeration, if this passed it dissolves the democratic party as an affiliation option, and anyone registered as a democrat gets moved to "no party affiliation", and bans anyone associated with the democratic party from running

oh sorry, not democrats per se but rather "any party that has ever been associated with slavery"

mmm hmm, sure, so democrats from 150 years ago

so uh yeah, that's kinda bad

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-02-28 19:05:36

It's absolutely disgusting. While it seems to be a backlash at cancel culture and not a genuine attempt to ban the Democratic Party, make no mistake; the undertones are there. Today's Republicans would genuinely love a one-party state as is the case in China. It's 70% lashing out at cancel culture, 30% genuine desire for authoritarianism.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-02-28 19:19:12

They always like to use fuzzy wording in Florida to pass laws that go after groups that they don't like.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 10:58:04

At 3/1/23 08:19 AM, awdgamer123 wrote:
Ngl this is actually kinda funny.

haha republicans are putting out funny bills to abolish their political opponents they such a troll

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 11:44:47

Florida is an amalgamation of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction as a response to the stupidity of the fringe left.

this is why Desantis is dangerous if he runs and wins the nomination because unlike Donny boy he knows how to navigate the political process because he’s a politician, not a business man.

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:01:51

At 3/1/23 11:44 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote: Florida is an amalgamation of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction as a response to the stupidity of the fringe left.

this is why Desantis is dangerous if he runs and wins the nomination because unlike Donny boy he knows how to navigate the political process because he’s a politician, not a business man.

No, he just uses the idea that the left is out of control to create fear to swing the state to the far right when it was always in the middle.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:02:17

At 2/28/23 07:00 PM, Gario wrote: or at least they're trying to

it's not hyperbole or exaggeration, if this passed it dissolves the democratic party as an affiliation option, and anyone registered as a democrat gets moved to "no party affiliation", and bans anyone associated with the democratic party from running

oh sorry, not democrats per se but rather "any party that has ever been associated with slavery"

kinda okay with this. If states were more black and white in alignment, people would be happier in choosing a place to live. Less riots, protests, civil unrest.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:03:09

At 3/1/23 12:01 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/1/23 11:44 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote: Florida is an amalgamation of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction as a response to the stupidity of the fringe left.

No, he just uses the idea that the left is out of control to create fear to swing the state to the far right when it was always in the middle.

i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of control…

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:14:41

At 3/1/23 12:02 PM, Cerbskies wrote:

kinda okay with this. If states were more black and white in alignment, people would be happier in choosing a place to live. Less riots, protests, civil unrest.

It’s not black and white. It’s a rainbow.

We don’t need either party. Once people realize how light their burdens are without the federal yoke on them, that particular genie is never going back into the bottle.

Breakaway states, Balkanization, and sure MGT’s “National divorce” would be the spark to incredible socio-political change for the better, where we can renegotiate the contract we have with authority for the first time in over a century.

hello

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:20:22

At 3/1/23 12:03 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of control…

How so? I live in California, and while I tend to vote Republican to counter balance Democrats, I have never seen any of this far left fringe policies that Republicans are passing laws on in their states - from voter fraud that allows illegals to vote to teaching young kids about sex or late trimester abortions.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:25:59

At 3/1/23 12:20 PM, EdyKel wrote:

How so? I live in California, and while I tend to vote Republican to counter balance Democrats, I have never seen any of this far left fringe policies that Republicans are passing laws on in their states - from voter fraud that allows illegals to vote to teaching young kids about sex or late trimester abortions.

I think allowing kids to become transgender is fringe. why do I think this? Well considering kids have imaginations and also think they can become astronauts or nba players, I don’t think they have the mental faculties to make that decision.

I also think videos of drag queens doing pole dances and getting tips from kids is fringe. Because why do I need to normalize a 6 year old in the ritual of going to a strip club?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with someone becoming trans, you do you, but I don’t think we should let kids do it because they have no idea about the long term effects on their life.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a drag Queen or a drag show, I just think adult entertainment needs to be left to adults.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:35:17

kinda okay with this.

so you want authoritarian governments at the state level, got it, very cool

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 12:50:30

At 3/1/23 12:35 PM, Gario wrote:
kinda okay with this.
so you want authoritarian governments at the state level, got it, very cool

sure why not.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 13:20:15

At 3/1/23 12:25 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

I think allowing kids to become transgender is fringe. why do I think this? Well considering kids have imaginations and also think they can become astronauts or nba players, I don’t think they have the mental faculties to make that decision.

Is it a systemic problem? No. You are talking about something that is extremely, extremely, rare, and is a lot more complicated than how the right promotes it.

I also think videos of drag queens doing pole dances and getting tips from kids is fringe. Because why do I need to normalize a 6 year old in the ritual of going to a strip club?

I'm more concerned by kids being actually groomed, than "a" kid looking at a drag queen. One is exploitation that harms kids, and the other, while slightly inappropriate, is just a meme that people laugh at.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with someone becoming trans, you do you, but I don’t think we should let kids do it because they have no idea about the long term effects on their life.

Which is why the vast majority go through years of therapy, and then decide what direction they want to head in when they are older. Some require corrective surgeries because they were born with both bits.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a drag Queen or a drag show, I just think adult entertainment needs to be left to adults.

I grew up in the 80s'. Sex and violnce in movies defined that era. Hell, parents were also up in arms about what they saw as adult content in cartoons, music vids, video games, and D&D, arguing it would make us violent, satanic, and sex crazed. I don't think that I would turn out any differently as a straight, white male, moderate conservative, if I had seen a draq queen, or drag show when I was younger.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 13:31:59

At 3/1/23 01:20 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Is it a systemic problem? No. You are talking about something that is extremely, extremely, rare, and is a lot more complicated than how the right promotes it.

lmfao okay dude it’s not a systemic problem when parents are locked out by officials and have no say as to what happens to their kid when they talk to a guidance counselor pushing this shit. It’s not how the right promotes it, these are stories published by people who either went through them or NPR reporting on a mother who let their child do it at like 7 years old.

I'm more concerned by kids being actually groomed, than "a" kid looking at a drag queen. One is exploitation that harms kids, and the other, while slightly inappropriate, is just a meme that people laugh at.

Kid participating in tipping a drag Queen directly for a provocative dance isn’t looking it’s participating.

groomers absolutely exist which I think you and I agree on, but where we diverge is what we find appropriate for kids. I’m cool with the kid playing CoD or mortal Kombat. I’m not cool with the kid being in a directly provocative environment in which the drag Queen is basically doing a stripper routine and the kid participating in that style of theater.

Which is why the vast majority go through years of therapy, and then decide what direction they want to head in when they are older. Some require corrective surgeries because they were born with both bits.

define therapy because if it’s hormone therapy, you’re fucking up puberty.

if it’s being born with both bits, that’s an entirely different issue that I don’t think we are discussing.

I grew up in the 80s'. Sex and violnce in movies defined that era. Hell, parents were also up in arms about what they saw as adult content in cartoons, music vids, video games, and D&D, arguing it would make us violent, satanic, and sex crazed. I don't think that I would turn out any differently as a straight, white male, moderate conservative, if I had seen a draq queen, or drag show when I was younger.

Yeah and you also come off as a person who is single with no kids.

Theres a difference between the stupidity of blaming video games for violence and the drag show going too far with kids participating. I remember watching a video recently of a drag Queen imploring parents to stop trying to bring their kids to the shows because it’s not for kids, they’ve already got a bad enough rap as it is, and it’s not a good look either way.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 14:08:04

At 3/1/23 01:31 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
lmfao okay dude it’s not a systemic problem when parents are locked out by officials and have no say as to what happens to their kid when they talk to a guidance counselor pushing this shit.

Kid participating in tipping a drag Queen directly for a provocative dance isn’t looking it’s participating.

groomers absolutely exist which I think you and I agree on, but where we diverge is what we find appropriate for kids.

Theres a difference between the stupidity of blaming video games for violence and the drag show going too far with kids participating.

*reads thread title*

*reads ensuing argument*

sorry, i'm a bit confused, when did this thread become about parents, kids, trans folk, and drag?

we have a million topics about those things already, let's stick to talking about republicans in florida proposing the abolition of their political enemies, please

k thx

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 15:26:32

At 3/1/23 01:31 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/1/23 01:20 PM, EdyKel wrote:

lmfao okay dude it’s not a systemic problem when parents are locked out by officials and have no say as to what happens to their kid when they talk to a guidance counselor pushing this shit. It’s not how the right promotes it, these are stories published by people who either went through them or NPR reporting on a mother who let their child do it at like 7 years old.

Again, these are extremely rare cases. I usually rely on statistics, not emotionally charged stories over single incidents to get you outrage - and keep you tuned to that station to make them money. Or get your votes, while not accomplishing anything of substantive value.

groomers absolutely exist which I think you and I agree on, but where we diverge is what we find appropriate for kids. I’m cool with the kid playing CoD or mortal Kombat. I’m not cool with the kid being in a directly provocative environment in which the drag Queen is basically doing a stripper routine and the kid participating in that style of theater.

The term grooming has been hijacked by the right, who are tying it to the LGBTQ community. Mere mentioning of gays, or trans, is considered sexualizing and teaching kids about se. That does more harm to those who are actually groomed by distracting people from what actually causes it, and it also leads to more persecution and hate of the LGBTQ community. And you got angry parents because of this misinformation that is being heavily promoted, while helping certain politicians into power and appeasing their conservative christian base. That is all this is about. It's over politicized, while hurting more people than it helps.

if it’s being born with both bits, that’s an entirely different issue that I don’t think we are discussing.

I'm not a doctor, nor a therapist, but people like you, and those creating laws over it, are trying to act like experts on it over the actual experts. That's my take on it.

Yeah and you also come off as a person who is single with no kids.

Theres a difference between the stupidity of blaming video games for violence and the drag show going too far with kids participating. I remember watching a video recently of a drag Queen imploring parents to stop trying to bring their kids to the shows because it’s not for kids, they’ve already got a bad enough rap as it is, and it’s not a good look either way.

And you sound pretty uptight, and someone who is trying to overcompensate for things you didn't give a shit about when you were a kid.

I don't know who would take their kids to see a drag queen. I'm not advocating for it, but I can't find my self motivated to care that much about such mundane incidents. I'm not going to virtual signal over it, or die over a hill by using rare incidents to argue like one of those parents who try to cancel out things out of ignorance over things they didn't care about when they were younger, while turning a blind eye to worse.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 16:25:46

At 3/1/23 12:03 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote: i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of control…

As a member of the fringe left, let me tell you I kinda wish we had as much power as you think we do.

At 3/1/23 12:50 PM, Cerbskies wrote: sure why not.

Because it's authoritarian. No other reason required.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-01 17:07:58

Did any Republican party members own any slaves?

If so this might backfire in a hilarious way

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 15:13:31

I don't see this working no way no how even if it was to become law. Because putting the issue of a person's right to choose their political party and representation aside, what is to stop the democrats from just joining the GOP, pretending to be MAGA republicans (seeing as Florida is a MAGA red state) and then when enough sleeper cells are in just change the rules and put in Democrat policies while as Republicans?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 15:14:42

At 3/1/23 05:07 PM, Tsarfield wrote: Did any Republican party members own any slaves?

Actually yes they did own them. Both parties owned slaves before the war. However it was just that Democrats had far more slaves back then due to them being in the farming plantation South Versus the GOP being in the north.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 15:15:54

At 3/1/23 05:07 PM, Tsarfield wrote: Did any Republican party members own any slaves?

you mean both parties finally leaving us alone? I’d change residences immediately if that happened

hello

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 17:12:00

At 3/2/23 03:14 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

Actually yes they did own them. Both parties owned slaves before the war. However it was just that Democrats had far more slaves back then due to them being in the farming plantation South Versus the GOP being in the north.

Correction, it was the conservatives. They just switched parties over the last 150 years. It's why the Democrat party better represent the diversity in the country than a party that is 90% white in a country that is 65% white.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 17:13:34

At 3/2/23 03:15 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:

you mean both parties finally leaving us alone? I’d change residences immediately if that happened

What party would be likely to win if that were to happen?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 17:15:13

At 3/2/23 05:13 PM, Tsarfield wrote:

We would win.

hello

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 17:16:05

At 3/2/23 05:13 PM, Tsarfield wrote:

Answer the MAGA party seeing as Florida is a red state because of Mr. 45 who is the leader of the MAGA movement.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:15:52

Poor people don't choose the state they live in.

Democrats should be registered as Republicans, anyway. Everyone votes against candidates, not for them, so the Democratic primaries don't matter. Voting against DeSantis matters.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:17:08

I know, right? One side has armed insurrectionists that storm the capitol and lynch black people by dragging them down dirt roads, and the other side thinks trans lives matter.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:19:41 (edited 2023-03-02 18:20:44)

At 3/1/23 12:25 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote: I also think videos of drag queens doing pole dances and getting tips from kids is fringe.

Provide a link. Go on. I'll wait. Let's see that YouTube embed.

In fact, show me a video of a drag queen doing a pole dance WITHOUT kids present. I'll wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:23:23

At 3/2/23 06:17 PM, DingleberryClock wrote: I know, right? One side has armed insurrectionists that storm the capitol and lynch black people by dragging them down dirt roads, and the other side thinks trans lives matter.

Are you okay?

hello