00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Purepaii just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Florida bans Democrats

2,269 Views | 98 Replies

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 17:50:25

At 3/5/23 12:24 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Yes because being soft on crime and making so the criminal no matter what stupidity they do has to make it out of said situation without any form of accountability is working so well.

Compare Norway's recidivism rates to yours. The statistics clearly don't favour your approach.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 19:19:47

At 3/5/23 03:29 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/5/23 02:55 PM, deeznutslol17 wrote: As a florida resident, i think its pretty funny, its obviously just a publicity stunt to troll woke people with their own logic. if the bill actually were to pass (it probably wont) i still wouldnt really give a shit and im not a hard core republic or anything like that, the bill basically would just make democratic politicians register under a party that didnt support slavery in the past if they wanna run for public office, it doesnt dissolve the democratic party entirely. im fine with the dissolvement of the democratic party tbh as long as the republican party is dissolved as well, the two party system is bad.
That's a pretty wasteful way of of using taxpayer money just to troll something ill-defined that they are doing themselves, while also signaling how they would support authoritarianism - that sure is some funny shit there.

Everything is authoritarian apparently, most of the people who are losing their shit over this bill haven't even read it, the bill doesn't use the word democrat once. What I've noticed about peoples criticisms of the florida GOP is that they constantly say florida is gonna do something authoritarian over an implication in a bill or law, said thing doesnt happen then it dies down after a week, its just fear mongering, the same thing happened to the "dont say gay bill" and floridas "book bannings"

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 19:36:30 (edited 2023-03-05 19:43:35)

At 3/5/23 07:19 PM, deeznutslol17 wrote:
At 3/5/23 02:55 PM, deeznutslol17 wrote: As a florida resident, i think its pretty funny, its obviously just a publicity stunt to troll woke people with their own logic. if the bill actually were to pass (it probably wont) i still wouldnt really give a shit and im not a hard core republic or anything like that, the bill basically would just make democratic politicians register under a party that didnt support slavery in the past if they wanna run for public office, it doesnt dissolve the democratic party entirely. im fine with the dissolvement of the democratic party tbh as long as the republican party is dissolved as well, the two party system is bad.
That's a pretty wasteful way of of using taxpayer money just to troll something ill-defined that they are doing themselves, while also signaling how they would support authoritarianism - that sure is some funny shit there.
Everything is authoritarian apparently, most of the people who are losing their shit over this bill haven't even read it, the bill doesn't use the word democrat once. What I've noticed about peoples criticisms of the florida GOP is that they constantly say florida is gonna do something authoritarian over an implication in a bill or law, said thing doesnt happen then it dies down after a week, its just fear mongering, the same thing happened to the "dont say gay bill" and floridas "book bannings"

It's a dumb bill. Period. Most people who support these types of stupid bills have never read them themselves, and have only gotten the cliff note version of them from right-wings sources that support them. It's even more damning when people who support this shit are claiming they are for freedom, and against cancel culture, while they celebrate banning of books, and words, and going after companies and colleges, and out of state visitors, that offend them. What's not to understand? It's all double speak, and pure authoritarianism.. And Florida is well on it's way to becoming an ultra authoritarian state.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 19:58:17

At 3/5/23 07:19 PM, deeznutslol17 wrote:
Everything is authoritarian apparently

nah not everything, just laws that legally dissolve one's political opponents, which would effectively create one party rule in the state

y'know, authoritarianism

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-06 10:33:58

BASED

We must rid ourselves of the Democratic menace before they succeed in their primary goal of disarming the proletariat šŸ˜ŽšŸš¬iu_914520_964020.webpiu_914521_964020.webp

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-06 12:13:42

While it does not mention the Democratic party's name, it would direct the Florida Division of Elections to "immediately cancel the filings of a political party, to include its registration and approved status as a political party, if the partyā€™s platform has previously advocated for, or been in support of, slavery or involuntary servitude."

Putting aside the fact that this is an absurdly transparent display of corruption, it's also just... ineffective.

Why do they think the conservative Democrat/liberal Republican dichotomy changed in the first place? Even if this were to pass we would just see the same people run under a different party name.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-06 12:54:42 (edited 2023-03-06 12:57:27)

At 3/6/23 12:13 PM, Kwing wrote:
Putting aside the fact that this is an absurdly transparent display of corruption, it's also just... ineffective.

Why do they think the conservative Democrat/liberal Republican dichotomy changed in the first place? Even if this were to pass we would just see the same people run under a different party name.

reorganizing under a new party and getting voters to understand which party they should vote for now takes time and resources, both of which would be better spent on campaigning and supporting candidates considering how tight the margins are in florida

if this passes the democrats have absolutely no chance at holding virtually any seat in florida under their own name or otherwise for at least a decade

in which time they can legislate other methods to make it more difficult for democrats to effectively run, which could be as odious as they need to be due to there being virtually no opposition in the executive or legislative branches

it would actually be very effective, if it passed

heck, it wouldn't even need to hold up in court to be effective, the damage is already done by the time SCOTUS gets it's hands on it and likely strikes it down

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-06 13:38:25

Florida is all manner of whacky today, huh?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-06 14:45:29

Not to mention if the Florida DNC chooses to file under a new name, they are accepting the insult.

This is an obvious, shitpost political bait.

The best thing I have seen is to simply snare the trap, and accept whatever punishment happens.

And its 2023. I highly doubt the political-class will ever receive anything besides a slap on the wrist for whatever they do. Laws are made to be ignored, unless they can be taken advantage of.

hello

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-06 20:22:02

We have a massive housing issue here in Florida, along with a ton of other actual legitimate problems.

But no, apparently good ol' DeSantis needs to dismantle democracy even more in this forsaken state.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 07:52:46

At 3/6/23 01:38 PM, FloppyDisk789 wrote: Florida is all manner of whacky today, huh?

Isn't that always the case for Florida?

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 13:08:42

You guys do realize that this bill is a complete troll on the Democratic Party right? This isn't a real thing.

Where did my soul go? Where did my spirit hide? Why won't they rescue me from the pain in my mind?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 13:33:24

At 3/7/23 01:08 PM, Sarbaz wrote: You guys do realize that this bill is a complete troll on the Democratic Party right? This isn't a real thing.

Which is why I gave it a 50% chance to pass the insane Republican controlled legislature, and governorship.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 13:40:02

At 3/7/23 01:08 PM, Sarbaz wrote: You guys do realize that this bill is a complete troll on the Democratic Party right? This isn't a real thing.

republicans hold 70% of the state house, 70% of the state senate, and the executive branch

why exactly do you think it cannot pass or "isn't a real thing"?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 13:51:35

Weaponised irony should stay out of politics.

Itā€™s tacky when 4chan plebs do it, let alone politicians.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 14:58:37

The fact that some people want this guy to run the country is terrifying

Good times good times good times good times

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 15:06:43

What if we turned the US into a fascist single party state? Haha just kiddingā€¦ unless?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 15:08:23

plenty of folk in this thread are telling us we shouldn't take this seriously because it's "just a troll" are not familiar with schrodinger's douchebag

whether their plan to establish authoritarian rule in florida is a joke or serious depends entirely on whether they think they can get away with it

like i've said in this thread before, every step to totalitarianism and genocide is a joke right up to the moment it isn't

take it for what it is at it's face, don't treat it as a joke

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-07 22:42:35

At 3/1/23 04:25 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/1/23 12:03 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote: i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of controlā€¦
As a member of the fringe left, let me tell you I kinda wish we had as much power as you think we do.

i donā€™t know bud, I think the fringe left fucked up a lot of local economies during the George Floyd riots. Just like the fringe right decided to fuck up some shit at the capitol.

I also distinctly remember seeing posts where people were like, ā€œso thereā€™s randomly a pallet of bricks hereā€¦ why?ā€

and then the fringe left and the fringe right had a ā€œmeetingā€ and now we have that stupid fat faced douchebag who decided to take a gun across state lines as a ā€œhero of the far right.ā€

Formerly Travisā€¦ yeah that one (Iā€™m bored)

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 00:34:01

At 3/7/23 10:42 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/1/23 12:03 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote: i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of controlā€¦
As a member of the fringe left, let me tell you I kinda wish we had as much power as you think we do.
i donā€™t know bud, I think the fringe left fucked up a lot of local economies during the George Floyd riots. Just like the fringe right decided to fuck up some shit at the capitol.

I also distinctly remember seeing posts where people were like, ā€œso thereā€™s randomly a pallet of bricks hereā€¦ why?ā€

and then the fringe left and the fringe right had a ā€œmeetingā€ and now we have that stupid fat faced douchebag who decided to take a gun across state lines as a ā€œhero of the far right.ā€

One was over justice reform, and the other was over a lie about a stolen election at the heart of our democracy

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 02:32:19

At 3/7/23 03:06 PM, SecretBoxFox wrote:
What if we turned the US into a fascist single party state? Haha just kiddingā€¦ unless?

The easily way to turn the country into this would be the following.

for the GOP

Change all elections to run off of the electoral college model (meaning each county would represent a certain number of votes depending on population) or making it where elections from federal down are won my counties instead of population. Doing the former would nerf the power of cities like NYC, and Chicago for example that normally would have such a loud voice that they can shut down the rest of the state.

The later model would make it impossible for democrats to win because just about every state if you look at the maps are just about blood red. The democrats would win the cities yes but once again since there are only a few cities and tons of rural areas the democrats on a national level would be wiped out in all places but possibly the federal house.

for Democrats

On the presidential level remove the electoral college.

Without the electoral college the cities would get a massive buff seeing as the populations in those area's vastly outnumber the ones in rural areas. NYC alone has a big enough voting population to drown out 10 - 15 rural states on it's own. If this happened the GOP unless something insane happened like in the last midterms were they got to popular vote would never win the oval office ever again with this change.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 03:26:59

At 3/8/23 02:32 AM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 3/7/23 03:06 PM, SecretBoxFox wrote:

for the GOP

Change all elections to run off of the electoral college model (meaning each county would represent a certain number of votes depending on population) or making it where elections from federal down are won my counties instead of population. Doing the former would nerf the power of cities like NYC, and Chicago for example that normally would have such a loud voice that they can shut down the rest of the state.

The later model would make it impossible for democrats to win because just about every state if you look at the maps are just about blood red. The democrats would win the cities yes but once again since there are only a few cities and tons of rural areas the democrats on a national level would be wiped out in all places but possibly the federal house.

for Democrats

Without the electoral college the cities would get a massive buff seeing as the populations in those area's vastly outnumber the ones in rural areas. NYC alone has a big enough voting population to drown out 10 - 15 rural states on it's own. If this happened the GOP unless something insane happened like in the last midterms were they got to popular vote would never win the oval office ever again with this change.

I disagree that eliminating the electoral college would make it impossible for the Republicans to win. There have only been 5 instances in US history where a president lost the popular vote, but won the electoral college, and before W, the last one was in 1888. I wonā€™t pretend it wouldnā€™t make it harder for them in the short term, considering how extreme the party has become, but theyā€™d probably just have to slightly change their strategy to have more general appeal.

If the GOP passed the law you suggested for them, Iā€™d benefit the GOP much more than removing the electoral college would benefit the Dems. The GOP has proven in the past that they can win without the electoral college, but like you said forcing an electoral college in every election would wipe out Dem representatives from almost every state. Iā€™d take more than a change in strategy to fix that.

This seems like an unequal comparison to me. I wonā€™t go on about this too much more though, as not to derail the thread.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 04:11:46

At 3/8/23 02:32 AM, LittleWashu wrote:

for the GOP

Change all elections to run off of the electoral college model (meaning each county would represent a certain number of votes depending on population) or making it where elections from federal down are won my counties instead of population.

yeah that would be an incredibly anti-democratic method of running elections; there would be no more representation of the people in the country if this was done

it would also lead to a fascist takeover all around the country, but that's only because the republican party is a fascist party

for Democrats

this would increase democratic representation and prettt much be an insurmountable block against fascism

fascism doesn't mean "one party always wins elections due to the other party being wildly unpopular", y'know

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 07:00:58

At 3/8/23 12:34 AM, EdyKel wrote:

One was over justice reform, and the other was over a lie about a stolen election at the heart of our democracy

Thereā€™s protests and then thereā€™s rioting.

Youā€™re a fucking idiot if you think a random small business in a random city deserved to have its windows busted out and shut down because people had to toss bricks through it.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 11:40:09

At 3/7/23 01:51 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Weaponised irony should stay out of politics.

Itā€™s tacky when 4chan plebs do it, let alone politicians.

Oh trust me, I agree. My statement doesn't come from a place of agreement for the bill.

Where did my soul go? Where did my spirit hide? Why won't they rescue me from the pain in my mind?

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 12:25:09

At 3/8/23 07:00 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

Youā€™re a fucking idiot if you think a random small business in a random city deserved to have its windows busted out and shut down because people had to toss bricks through it.

Son, I don't support rioting, but that shit happens. 93% of the BLM protests were peaceful, but people like you are trying to ignore that to make a comparison to Jan 6th. Now, that is stupid.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 12:38:23

At 3/8/23 12:25 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Son, I don't support rioting, but that shit happens. 93% of the BLM protests were peaceful, but people like you are trying to ignore that to make a comparison to Jan 6th. Now, that is stupid.

I donā€™t give a fuck about your made up stat. Riots happened in a lot of major cities. A capitol riot happened.

the fringe left took part in riots, the fringe right took part in other riots.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 13:00:59

At 3/8/23 12:38 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

I donā€™t give a fuck about your made up stat. Riots happened in a lot of major cities. A capitol riot happened.

Yeah, I know you don't give a fuck about facts, son, or reasons behind these things.You are always creating these tortured false equivalences around here, bashing your head on the keys to the point of concussion to try and convince yourself and others that you are in the middle, and someone of high moral principle.

I'm sure you were against unions, and the civil rights movement, to, because of all the "fringe" violence that were a part of their history.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 13:04:28 (edited 2023-03-08 13:13:35)

At 3/8/23 01:00 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/8/23 12:38 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

Yeah, I know you don't give a fuck about facts, son, or reasons behind these things.You are always creating these tortured false equivalences around here, bashing your head on the keys to the point of concussion to try and convince yourself and others that you are in the middle, and someone of high moral principle.

I'm sure you were against unions, and the civil rights movement, to, because of all the "fringe" violence that were a part of their history.

lol come from a union family, very much happy that the civil rights movement occurred.

thereā€™s a difference between a labor strike and violence against scabs, and your local business being shut down because it so happens to exist where a riot happens.

There is no false equivalency. Itā€™s called looking out for your neighbor and realizing both situations are bullshit.

Johnnyā€™s small business that got ruined during a riot, I doubt Johnny cares about the semantics, just the fact that he lost his business.

but hey: since you like being petty, I assume as usual you sit in your basement with your dumbass world view making $16/hour so you hate everything on the right because you think itā€™s their fault youā€™re afraid to go outside

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-08 13:18:55

At 3/8/23 03:26 AM, SecretBoxFox wrote: I disagree that eliminating the electoral college would make it impossible for the Republicans to win.

I'd counter this saying that if it does, it's their own damn fault.

At 3/8/23 07:00 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote: Thereā€™s protests and then thereā€™s rioting.

And then there's attempted high treason, which is several orders of magnitude worse. The scale is not remotely even.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature