00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShirotsukiSaku just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Florida bans Democrats

2,266 Views | 98 Replies

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:25:33

At 3/1/23 01:31 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/1/23 01:20 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/1/23 12:25 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/1/23 12:20 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/1/23 12:03 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/1/23 12:01 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/1/23 11:44 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote: Florida is an amalgamation of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction as a response to the stupidity of the fringe left.

this is why Desantis is dangerous if he runs and wins the nomination because unlike Donny boy he knows how to navigate the political process because he’s a politician, not a business man.
No, he just uses the idea that the left is out of control to create fear to swing the state to the far right when it was always in the middle.
i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of control…
How so? I live in California, and while I tend to vote Republican to counter balance Democrats, I have never seen any of this far left fringe policies that Republicans are passing laws on in their states - from voter fraud that allows illegals to vote to teaching young kids about sex or late trimester abortions.
I think allowing kids to become transgender is fringe. why do I think this? Well considering kids have imaginations and also think they can become astronauts or nba players, I don’t think they have the mental faculties to make that decision.
Is it a systemic problem? No. You are talking about something that is extremely, extremely, rare, and is a lot more complicated than how the right promotes it.
lmfao okay dude it’s not a systemic problem when parents are locked out by officials and have no say as to what happens to their kid when they talk to a guidance counselor pushing this shit. It’s not how the right promotes it, these are stories published by people who either went through them or NPR reporting on a mother who let their child do it at like 7 years old.

I also think videos of drag queens doing pole dances and getting tips from kids is fringe. Because why do I need to normalize a 6 year old in the ritual of going to a strip club?
I'm more concerned by kids being actually groomed, than "a" kid looking at a drag queen. One is exploitation that harms kids, and the other, while slightly inappropriate, is just a meme that people laugh at.
Kid participating in tipping a drag Queen directly for a provocative dance isn’t looking it’s participating.

groomers absolutely exist which I think you and I agree on, but where we diverge is what we find appropriate for kids. I’m cool with the kid playing CoD or mortal Kombat. I’m not cool with the kid being in a directly provocative environment in which the drag Queen is basically doing a stripper routine and the kid participating in that style of theater.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with someone becoming trans, you do you, but I don’t think we should let kids do it because they have no idea about the long term effects on their life.
Which is why the vast majority go through years of therapy, and then decide what direction they want to head in when they are older. Some require corrective surgeries because they were born with both bits.
define therapy because if it’s hormone therapy, you’re fucking up puberty.

if it’s being born with both bits, that’s an entirely different issue that I don’t think we are discussing.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a drag Queen or a drag show, I just think adult entertainment needs to be left to adults.
I grew up in the 80s'. Sex and violnce in movies defined that era. Hell, parents were also up in arms about what they saw as adult content in cartoons, music vids, video games, and D&D, arguing it would make us violent, satanic, and sex crazed. I don't think that I would turn out any differently as a straight, white male, moderate conservative, if I had seen a draq queen, or drag show when I was younger.
Yeah and you also come off as a person who is single with no kids.

Theres a difference between the stupidity of blaming video games for violence and the drag show going too far with kids participating. I remember watching a video recently of a drag Queen imploring parents to stop trying to bring their kids to the shows because it’s not for kids, they’ve already got a bad enough rap as it is, and it’s not a good look either way.

So let me get this straight

Kid enters a strip club in duke nuke 'em then blows some skulls apart and fractures spinal columns with x-rays showing the internal damage in mortal Kombat and that's fine, but you make up a story in your head that kid's are participating in imaginary drag queen strip shows that don't even exist, and that's bad. How do you remember to inhale and exhale often enough to be alive?

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:34:10 (edited 2023-03-02 18:35:36)

At 3/2/23 06:23 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 3/2/23 06:17 PM, DingleberryClock wrote: I know, right? One side has armed insurrectionists that storm the capitol and lynch black people by dragging them down dirt roads, and the other side thinks trans lives matter.
Are you okay?

Well, let's see. I'm physically fit, in good health, financially stable, have a 98th percentile intelligence quotient, smash hot goth pussy on the regular, have literal volumes of stories of the single most eventful life of anyone I've ever met, and I'm an internet legend. I'm fucking great, how are you?

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:36:27

At 3/2/23 06:17 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 3/1/23 11:44 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote: Florida is an amalgamation of the pendulum swinging back in the other direction as a response to the stupidity of the fringe left.

this is why Desantis is dangerous if he runs and wins the nomination because unlike Donny boy he knows how to navigate the political process because he’s a politician, not a business man.
No, he just uses the idea that the left is out of control to create fear to swing the state to the far right when it was always in the middle.
i hate to tell you this but the fringe left, just like the fringe right is out of control…
I know, right? One side has armed insurrectionists that storm the capitol and lynch black people by dragging them down dirt roads, and the other side thinks trans lives matter.

Did you forget about all of 2020 when the George Floyd Riots happened before 1/6/21? All of those riots where people were burning the cities down, doing over 2 Billion in property damage which need I remind you was the most expensive in history? Last I checked that was not only all done by the Political left, but was also egged on and encouraged by Democrat Politicians as well as the liberal media.

People do what they do

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:39:56

At 3/2/23 06:36 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

I know, right? One side has armed insurrectionists that storm the capitol and lynch black people by dragging them down dirt roads, and the other side thinks trans lives matter.
Did you forget about all of 2020 when the George Floyd Riots happened before 1/6/21? All of those riots where people were burning the cities down, doing over 2 Billion in property damage which need I remind you was the most expensive in history? Last I checked that was not only all done by the Political left, but was also egged on and encouraged by Democrat Politicians as well as the liberal media.

People do what they do

The liberal left physically moved their peaceful protests away from areas of violence and begged and pleaded people to remain passive. Those fires were lit by off duty cops. The pallets of bricks were left by the police.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 18:52:40

People do what they do

That would be about 550 million, not 2 billion. That would also include people who took advantage of the protests for their own ends, including far right agitators. 93% of the thousands of protest were peaceful. And no town were burned down - that would be the Tulsa Race Massacre, where a black town was razed to the ground by white people who didn't like it.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 19:01:57

At 3/2/23 06:52 PM, EdyKel wrote:

People do what they do
That would be about 550 million, not 2 billion. That would also include people who took advantage of the protests for their own ends, including far right agitators. 93% of the thousands of protest were peaceful. And no town were burned down - that would be the Tulsa Race Massacre, where a black town was razed to the ground by white people who didn't like it.

I guess you missed the city of Portland being allowed to burn for months on end

Portland had 100 straight days of riots including rioters throwing fire bombs and fire works.

Also I know you accuse me of spreading info without proof, but even a quick google search would tell you that the damage exceeded 1 Billion up to 2 Billion dollars in damages.

Actually it was 2 billion like I mentioned.

Don't like using this as a source myself but it is another one pointing out the riots costs were in around the amount I mentioned.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 19:11:18

Did you forget about all of 2020 when the George Floyd Riots happened before 1/6/21?

riots aren't as bad as insurrection

but yeah some protests led to riots, time to ban the democratic party in florida

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 19:16:22

At 3/2/23 07:11 PM, Gario wrote:
Did you forget about all of 2020 when the George Floyd Riots happened before 1/6/21?
riots aren't as bad as insurrection

but yeah some protests led to riots, time to ban the democratic party in florida

Even though I am right leaning and personally detest a lot of the policies the Democrat Party throws even I think it is a horrible Idea to ban the party outright. There are still people who believe in said party and what they represent and if the democrat party was destroyed Via a bill it would leave all those people without representation which is wrong.

If either party were to be destroyed it should be because their policies failed and the people abandoned the party not because someone from the other side put a bill into place to destroy said party.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 19:36:47

I’ll take performative bullshit over book bannings any day of the week. You wanna waste time doing this instead of copping a W on Florida issues like affordable housing then be my guest.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 19:38:58

At 3/2/23 07:36 PM, FinaLee wrote: I’ll take performative bullshit over book bannings any day of the week.

the book bannings were performative, too, until they weren't

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 19:41:44 (edited 2023-03-02 19:44:25)

At 3/2/23 07:01 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

People do what they do

Portland had 100 straight days of riots including rioters throwing fire bombs and fire works.

You said "burning the cities down", but now you are saying "100 straight days" of "fire bomb"ing(?) in a city where no building were burned down. A lot of dumpster fires there, though, and some fires did damag buildings, but that's about it. It's not even close to a burned down city, or a burned down building.

Also I know you accuse me of spreading info without proof, but even a quick google search would tell you that the damage exceeded 1 Billion up to 2 Billion dollars in damages.

Don't like using this as a source myself but it is another one pointing out the riots costs were in around the amount I mentioned.

You said over 2 billion, but I have yet to find anything that actually has evidence that it got even close to that number. it's all preliminary "estimates" and "could be up to" 2 billion.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 20:30:14

ayo check it new history just dropped

hello

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 20:34:57

At 3/2/23 07:38 PM, Gario wrote:
At 3/2/23 07:36 PM, FinaLee wrote: I’ll take performative bullshit over book bannings any day of the week.

While it may be popular to believe that our legal and political system is completely broken, there are still guardrails in place to prevent certain insanities from happening.

When Desantis passed a law that would have fined social media companies for deplatforming conservatives, I wasn’t the least bit concerned because even a whacky Florida circuit court understood just how blatantly unconstitutional it was.

In that instance, it was a constitutional guardrail that prevented terrible policy from taking place. As it relates to this bill, I have stock in the political guardrail.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 21:11:19

At 3/2/23 08:34 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 3/2/23 07:38 PM, Gario wrote:
While it may be popular to believe that our legal and political system is completely broken, there are still guardrails in place to prevent certain insanities from happening.

When Desantis passed a law that would have fined social media companies for deplatforming conservatives, I wasn’t the least bit concerned because even a whacky Florida circuit court understood just how blatantly unconstitutional it was.

In that instance, it was a constitutional guardrail that prevented terrible policy from taking place. As it relates to this bill, I have stock in the political guardrail.

While a lot of it is simply for optics, it doesn't change the fact that this stuff is just simply dangerous and tests for weakness in those guardrails. It's all in their attempt to gain, and retain, power, by finding any advantages to keep it. It's something to be concerned about.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 23:30:39

At 3/2/23 07:01 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Actually it was 2 billion like I mentioned.

Looks like that line's been surpassed. And that's just what insurance companies are willing to see.

And even with insurance, given insurance payouts to people like Ruhel Islam being paid less than half of damages (and that's just for debris removal), it looks like the actual damages (to people, to communities and livelihoods) are WAY more than just 2 billion US$.

Worst part is many of the victims didn't even have insurance.

But hey, that doesn't matter to them - the spoiled-rotten BLM goons called looting 'reparations' (yeap) and the trust-fund brats egging on the rioting were trying to justify mass theft and the destruction of small, family-owned businesses because they think basic human society is a 'right wing myth'. They don't realize the damage they've caused to the anti-police brutality cause in particular and race relations in general.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-02 23:51:08 (edited 2023-03-02 23:52:33)

At 3/2/23 11:30 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 3/2/23 07:01 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Actually it was 2 billion like I mentioned.
Looks like that line's been surpassed. And that's just what insurance companies are willing to see.

And even with insurance, given insurance payouts to people like Ruhel Islam being paid less than half of damages (and that's just for debris removal), it looks like the actual damages (to people, to communities and livelihoods) are WAY more than just 2 billion US$.

Worst part is many of the victims didn't even have insurance.

But hey, that doesn't matter to them - the spoiled-rotten BLM goons called looting 'reparations' (yeap) and the trust-fund brats egging on the rioting were trying to justify mass theft and the destruction of small, family-owned businesses because they think basic human society is a 'right wing myth'. They don't realize the damage they've caused to the anti-police brutality cause in particular and race relations in general.

Again, you don't live here, but you spend more time attacking groups that the right hates in this country. For someone who lives in Taiwan, with China breathing down your neck, you would think you would spend more time being concerned with that instead of trying to be a foreign agitator over problems in my country. Perhaps, you want China to invade Taiwan, and you will welcome this 4th Reich with open arms, while hoping that my country collapses -which is the only thing keeping China at bay.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-03 13:10:28

dunno if it warrants another thread, it's kinda related to florida banning a political parry

eh, fuggit

florida is also trying to force anybody who profitably writes on desantis or his staff to forcibly register with the state or face fines up to $2500 per article

the floor of profit is $10

i don't see any boundary in the reporting limiting it to the state so uh i guess be careful posting about the dumbfuck if this passes or else you might be getting letters from his state office, i guess?

:|

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-03 13:41:07 (edited 2023-03-03 13:44:11)

At 3/3/23 01:10 PM, Gario wrote: dunno if it warrants another thread, it's kinda related to florida banning a political parry

eh, fuggit

florida is also trying to force anybody who profitably writes on desantis or his staff to forcibly register with the state or face fines up to $2500 per article

i don't see any boundary in the reporting limiting it to the state so uh i guess be careful posting about the dumbfuck if this passes or else you might be getting letters from his state office, i guess?

|

That's the freedom state for you, always pushing for free speech.

Next, they will push for firing squads and hangings from tree, like Tennessee is trying to do.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 06:14:02

At 3/3/23 01:41 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/3/23 01:10 PM, Gario wrote: dunno if it warrants another thread, it's kinda related to florida banning a political parry

eh, fuggit

|

Next, they will push for firing squads and hangings from tree, like Tennessee is trying to do.

I would love to see really violent criminals who have no remorse, repeat offenders who have a high number of prior incidents within the same crimes as well as drug dealer get this as a punishment myself. I personally believe the justice system especially in certain states has gone far too soft on criminals. Maybe if we did this sort of thing publicly to those who actually deserve it maybe just maybe it will make others think twice about doing such things.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 11:17:13

At 3/5/23 06:14 AM, LittleWashu wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

I would love to see really violent criminals who have no remorse, repeat offenders who have a high number of prior incidents within the same crimes as well as drug dealer get this as a punishment myself. I personally believe the justice system especially in certain states has gone far too soft on criminals. Maybe if we did this sort of thing publicly to those who actually deserve it maybe just maybe it will make others think twice about doing such things.

Yeah, I'm sure you do, since most countries that sill have them are dictatorships these days. And they have never deterred crime. They just satiate the blood lust of vengeance from upstanding citizens, as well as being used as a warning not to not to rise up against your betters.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 11:57:19

At 3/2/23 07:01 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

People do what they do

I was IN Portland while it was "burning for months on end"

It was literally the most serene, peaceful and quiet place I've ever been in my entire life.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 12:04:27

eh, fuggit

|

Harsh sentencing does not deter crime. Period. But keep believing the gut instinct of retards, I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 12:24:10

At 3/5/23 12:04 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

Harsh sentencing does not deter crime. Period. But keep believing the gut instinct of retards, I guess.

Yes because being soft on crime and making so the criminal no matter what stupidity they do has to make it out of said situation without any form of accountability is working so well.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 12:44:35 (edited 2023-03-05 12:45:52)

At 3/5/23 12:24 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

Yes because being soft on crime and making so the criminal no matter what stupidity they do has to make it out of said situation without any form of accountability is working so well.

Let's ignore hard data and shoot from the hip. You're exactly what's wrong with the world. Read a fucking book.

The criminal justice system profits from recidivism. Crime is created BY the system. Probation and parole create desperate, unemployable people that commit crime. Learn to parse data and absorb facts instead of being a reactionary moron. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 13:10:46

At 3/5/23 12:44 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

Let's ignore hard data and shoot from the hip. You're exactly what's wrong with the world. Read a fucking book.

Yes because me wanting criminals to be held accountable for their actions and not babied is so wrong.

The criminal justice system profits from recidivism. Crime is created BY the system. Probation and parole create desperate, unemployable people that commit crime. Learn to parse data and absorb facts instead of being a reactionary moron. Thanks.

If the criminals who commit crimes put behind bars WHERE THEY BELONG! and not running free on the streets to terrorize people again then guess what? I am all for the criminal justice system making a profit. Why because they are doing their jobs and if you do your job correctly you should get a profit.

I am so sick of people telling me "They need to be left out or given the chance to reform." When the truth of the matter is a lot of these criminals don't want to reform. Especially when a lot of them have priors that reach into the high teens and higher.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 13:15:17

At 3/5/23 01:10 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

Yes because me wanting criminals to be held accountable for their actions and not babied is so wrong.

If the criminals who commit crimes put behind bars WHERE THEY BELONG! and not running free on the streets to terrorize people again then guess what? I am all for the criminal justice system making a profit. Why because they are doing their jobs and if you do your job correctly you should get a profit.

I am so sick of people telling me "They need to be left out or given the chance to reform." When the truth of the matter is a lot of these criminals don't want to reform. Especially when a lot of them have priors that reach into the high teens and higher.

They're not given a chance to reform. They're released specifically to fail, and justify militant police presence. Crime on the street means further funding. Not to mention the innocence project. People like you are so worried about revenge that you ruin innocent peoples lives.

BBS Signature

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 13:44:21

At 3/5/23 01:15 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

They're not given a chance to reform. They're released specifically to fail, and justify militant police presence. Crime on the street means further funding. Not to mention the innocence project. People like you are so worried about revenge that you ruin innocent peoples lives.

You mean like this guy who shoot up a subway while have 20 priors before this? Last I checked this guy had 20 chances to reform but he kept committing crimes.

But wait there is more a man who attacked someone in the NYC subway had 41 prior arrests before this. last I checked this guy had wait for it 41 more chances to reform but said guy only decided to keep committing crimes.

Or better yet here is another one where a man get released on 1000 dollar bail for running over his girlfriend yet did he reflex on his actions? nope because right then and there he goes to drive his car into a parade and kill 6 innocent dancing grannies.

All of these people where given chances to reform as mentioned yet what did they do? Answer repeat offend and continue to commit crimes until they went to far.

This what is even worse is the DA in the final one knew that their soft on crime policies would cause something bad to happen yet they did it anyways.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 14:16:52

At 3/5/23 01:44 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 3/5/23 01:15 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

eh, fuggit

|

You mean like this guy who shoot up a subway while have 20 priors before this? Last I checked this guy had 20 chances to reform but he kept committing crimes.

But wait there is more a man who attacked someone in the NYC subway had 41 prior arrests before this. last I checked this guy had wait for it 41 more chances to reform but said guy only decided to keep committing crimes.

Or better yet here is another one where a man get released on 1000 dollar bail for running over his girlfriend yet did he reflex on his actions? nope because right then and there he goes to drive his car into a parade and kill 6 innocent dancing grannies.

All of these people where given chances to reform as mentioned yet what did they do? Answer repeat offend and continue to commit crimes until they went to far.

This what is even worse is the DA in the final one knew that their soft on crime policies would cause something bad to happen yet they did it anyways.

We have the largest prison system in the world because of our tough on crime approach, which was never a serious attempt to fix the problem other than to sweep it under the rug. You could argue that it made our criminal justices system very profitable, while making sure a sizable portion of the poor population were not allowed to vote - and would continue to struggle. Please think for yourself, instead of mindlessly farting out right-wing talking points that don't fix anything other than making you feel better about yourself.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 14:55:10

As a florida resident, i think its pretty funny, its obviously just a publicity stunt to troll woke people with their own logic. if the bill actually were to pass (it probably wont) i still wouldnt really give a shit and im not a hard core republic or anything like that, the bill basically would just make democratic politicians register under a party that didnt support slavery in the past if they wanna run for public office, it doesnt dissolve the democratic party entirely. im fine with the dissolvement of the democratic party tbh as long as the republican party is dissolved as well, the two party system is bad.

Response to Florida bans Democrats 2023-03-05 15:29:49

At 3/5/23 02:55 PM, deeznutslol17 wrote: As a florida resident, i think its pretty funny, its obviously just a publicity stunt to troll woke people with their own logic. if the bill actually were to pass (it probably wont) i still wouldnt really give a shit and im not a hard core republic or anything like that, the bill basically would just make democratic politicians register under a party that didnt support slavery in the past if they wanna run for public office, it doesnt dissolve the democratic party entirely. im fine with the dissolvement of the democratic party tbh as long as the republican party is dissolved as well, the two party system is bad.

That's a pretty wasteful way of of using taxpayer money just to troll something ill-defined that they are doing themselves, while also signaling how they would support authoritarianism - that sure is some funny shit there.