00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,668 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 16:28:30

At 2/20/05 04:26 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: lol! Grrr, i hate this semester. I better get into Uni so i can stop worrying soon. C'mon letter of acceptance. C'mon!

ha ha :P I'vre got another two eyars before I have to worry about uni....still got no idea what course Im gonna end up doing...............I need someone to help em decide what to do with my life :S

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 16:56:10

At 2/20/05 04:22 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: yay for us and our shit load of work ^_^

40 hours a week of work, trying to write my novel and find a new job. Plus I've now aquired a copy of 'World of Warcraft'.

Coop83 = No social life at all.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 16:58:43

At 2/20/05 04:56 PM, Coop83 wrote: Coop83 = No social life at all.

ha ha ha ha ha ha :-'). sorry that amde me laugh.

awwwww poor coop :P mind you Im no betetr but I tend to not go out by choice but thats a conversation for a different day.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 17:02:52

Hows that Warcraft game running ya? Worth paying monthly?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 17:39:06

At 2/20/05 05:02 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Hows that Warcraft game running ya? Worth paying monthly?

So far, I haven't even created a character. I've installed it three times, but after disabling McAfee, to get it in, I've acomplished that.

Now I'm just downloading a few updates, before FINALLY getting stuck in.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 19:47:37

At 2/20/05 05:39 PM, Coop83 wrote: So far, I haven't even created a character. I've installed it three times, but after disabling McAfee, to get it in, I've acomplished that.

Now I'm just downloading a few updates, before FINALLY getting stuck in.

Well update. Iam interested to hear aboout this online RPG things. I was never sure if they were worth the dough.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 20:52:59

Fudge. I'm still not in here as much as I want to be, let alone my own freakin' crew.

I wonder if anyone could write a poem, preferably one you can sing to, about the mighty Manwich. If you don't know what a Manwich is, find out! Your life will be better because of it.

Challenge is begin!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 20:54:34

At 2/20/05 08:52 PM, -Manman- wrote: Fudge. I'm still not in here as much as I want to be, let alone my own freakin' crew.

You do what you can. ^_^

I wonder if anyone could write a poem, preferably one you can sing to, about the mighty Manwich. If you don't know what a Manwich is, find out! Your life will be better because of it.

lol a balld of the manwich.

Challenge is begin!

Do you mean 'had begun'? lol... or 'is beginning'... ; )

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 21:17:00

At 2/20/05 08:54 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 2/20/05 08:52 PM, -Manman- wrote: Challenge is begin!
Do you mean 'had begun'? lol... or 'is beginning'... ; )

Nope. If you translated "begin challenge" in japanese litterally into English, I believe it comes out "challenge is begin." But I could be wrong. Maybe I'm just making things up now. I'm too tired. I should go to bed.

At the tone, the time will be 6:15 PM

Poop.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 22:36:01

may i join i am a good poet and have some material and like taking about stuff like this

here is my latest one-
there was a superhero with superpowers
there was a suerhero who did not cower
there was a superhero with superbrains
there was a superhero that was not the same

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-20 22:37:42

At 2/20/05 10:36 PM, darkdevil92 wrote: may i join i am a good poet and have some material and like taking about stuff like this

Awesome! I recruited a member. Welcome!

here is my latest one-

I like it. It sounds like a nursery kinda rhyme. But then againi it was a tad simple. You definetely have some potential, though.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 00:11:01

here is one i wrote about september 11th about a year back-----

Sad September
Oh Sad September why did this happen, that the two towers collapsed over New York City.
Oh Sad September still to this day our country crys of that day. Oh Sad September what did we do to deserve this unfortunate tragedy. Oh Sad September may God help us through our time of sad cry and despair.
Oh Sad September

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 00:51:52

very, very simple, and not very creative. of course a superhero has superpowers, except batman, but he is just a rich dude with too much money and a sucky past. And superman would totally kick batman's ass. im such a nerd

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 12:42:02

At 2/21/05 12:11 AM, darkdevil92 wrote: here is one i wrote about september 11th about a year back-----

Youve got potential there mate.....you need to fine tune it a little I think before you reach your true potential. but your in the bets palce to improve :P everyone in here is either a budding writer or poet or both so we will be able to help you out.

One thign I think yuo shoudl do is break up the lines so theya re shorter. That way you have mor eof a chance of keeping the audiences attention.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 14:06:46

Ah, FanFictions. I started one about Resident Evil 4 last night. I'll post it when I get it onto a computer.

Sad September Review:
.... This was good. Your potential shows in it, but your poems are too simple. Try to find a beat to go off of, and try to learn better words. But, nonetheless, good job.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 14:06:56

Manwich, of bun and meat
your sauce is like my communal wine
in simplicity you are great
no food could ever be so fine.

Manwich, of wheat and cow
you fill my belly with pleasure
you taste like ground-up angels would
a taste that has no measure.

Manwich, your time is short
your flavor induces my madness
despite your size, you are no match
for my teeth, hand, and wrist.

Manwich, you are no more
a fearsome maul has sealed your fate
sauce splattered across my entire dish
you were delicious, and now made late.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 18:57:17

Welcome Dakrdevil...

Nice Manwich poem Manman... XD

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 20:55:54

Heres part two of what I posted earlier.

Before long Niku landed in front of a giant stone temple standing hundreds of feet above him, but the prize wasn't at the top but within the intricate tunnells below. Navigating these wouldn't be easy; he was also stessed for time. The power of the jewel could only be tapted on this night, when the moon was closer to Gaia. This could take thousands of years to happen, or it could happen again in his lifetime, but Niku couldn't take that chance.
He stepped through the stone doorway and down a dark hall, which began to slope down. Niku's natural infered vision began to kick in. He could see ancient markings on the walls which he could not decipher.
He was paying attention to the walls and not the floor, he stepped on a tile and it began sinking into the ground. He had set off a trap. Niku ran forward as two logs swung down and hit each other where his head was. Nikukept running not knowing if he was setting of traps or not. He heard a roaring and rolled as a saw came out of the wall and nearly cut him in half. He turned left down a dark hall, when he saw the walls on each side of him closing in trying to crushed him. Niku ran as fast as he could as he slowly ran out of room to run. At the last second he fell through a hole in the floor. Not knowing when he would land he put each leg on the slide to slow down, and stopped just in time as a spike came flying out of the wall just missing in between his legs. Niku moved around the spike and kept falling.
At long last Niku hit a stone floor. He was standing in a small room surronded by tiles. Suspecting another trap he threw a rock on to one the tiles, before he could blink a large square stone fell through ceiling and on to the tile, turning the rock into dust. Niku looked around, the tiles were everywhere, he was standing on the only safe spot in the room. About twenty feet away there were no tiles on the floor, an easy jump, if he had a running start. Niku stepped back on the tile as much as he could and leaped. He soared through the air watching the scenary speed past him. As he looked down he realized he would fall short on the last row of tiles. When he landed he quickly went into a roll on to the safe ground, when he stopped rolling, he was just off the tiles and felt the wind from the back whoosing past his head. He sat there leaning against the rock relieved.
Niku stood up and to his great relief he had arrived at the sealed door. He walked down the stair case and walked across the floor which on two side stood giant statues of ancient heroes. He stood in front of the great stone door, carved on it was jewel glowing black. "Must be because the jewel power is activated" Niku thought.
As Niku looked for a way to open the door he saw a flash of movement to his right.
A voice called out " Freeze your under arrest" the Gaian police had found him.

Well thats part two I'll post the final later. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 21:23:05

hey, i suck at writing so if anybody will write me a story please>?
so email me at phonebooth461@yahoo.com and just send me it.
ill try to animate it and you'll be in the FRONT CREDITS.
please no terribly stupid stories.
i'm also lookin for an animation mentor.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 21:27:44

this is a poem that i had to write for english class, it is about a certain part of a myth poem.

From the Void

From the Void, the Great created Life
From the Void, an incomplete World
From the Void, the winged ones swim.
They need to rest, they need to fly
The Great knew best, they must not die.
From the Void, the Great created Sky
From the Void, an incomplete world
From the Void, the winged ones tire.
They need to rest, they need to run
The Great knew best, they, He must not shun.
From the Void, the Great sent a winged creation
From the Void, an incomplete world
From the Void, the mighty ones tried.
They need to rest, they must find land
The Great knew best, the Small One saved them all.

These are poems that i wrote on my own time:

Selfish (incomplete) (working title)

The dark whirl of death consumes you
Pulling you deeper and deeper into life
You don’t know what you are doing or what you are saying
You are ignorant to your own needs
You ignore your own life,
Selfishly tending to the needs of others
You suck your own life away.

Untitled

You sicken me
I despise you
You hate me
I love you
Kill me
I rape you
Destroy me
I fuck you
Me you
Me you.

untitled

My life and your hate
They are one in the same
They are separate loves
Make me calm
And open the gate
Open the gate to your heart
And let my life start
Don’t let me die
Don’t let me hate
Don’t let me lie
I’ll love until I am dead
I only want to be loved by you.

untitled

The end of darkness is the beginning of light
The darkness of love rules our hearts
We are unaware of our love and plight
The end of light just now starts
Bring me light
Bring me the light of hate
And let my heart live.

Here I Am Alone

Here i am alone
all alone with no one to help
i cannot help but cry and moan
my pain is great but i do not yelp
the pain cannot overpower me
i am not weak, yet i am not strong
what is it i seek, why wont anyone stay?
i try to help i try to make things better
but all i get is a kick in the face and told to obey
i fight it, i fight myself
i tell myself i'm fine and i dont need help
forget them, i dont need them,
but i am wrong. i need someone
i just need a friend.

Sex (Watch Me Live)

Sex is the majesty of life
It controls all that we do
It is the beating heart behind everything that we do
We live for sex
We want sex
That is all we want
We try to impress
We try to improve
We try to look important
We try to look like we care.

We don’t care
All we want is sex
To see results, we try to be the best
Can we do it?
Hell, we try everything we can to get it.

Misfortune may run through our life
Even then, we want it.

Living is just a pathway for sex
If we don’t get it, we don’t want to live
Virility is a key to life
Everyone who can’t enjoy sex wants to.

This one is a sonnet:

Where am I?
What is this place I have now come to find?
Be this a wonder or a grotesque place?
Is this real or just a trick of my mind?
What are these things I see before my face?
Is this a heaven or is this a hell?
I know not what is happening to me!
I am lost where no living thing can dwell.
What have I done to reach this place I see?
I cannot find a scent of which to speak.
I feel no emotion of love or hate.
My future now seems so completely bleak.
Is this my saving, or is this my doom?
I suppose my death is cause for my gloom.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 23:38:03

Here's my RE4 fanfic. Please review.

Resident Evil 4
By: Michael Zackular

Leon Scott Kennedy sat in the back of a fairly old car, bumping along a non-paved road. He was looking out the window, observing the dying trees. It was a chilly fall morning. The only things that seemed to be moving were the leaves and the car.
As he sat there, he thought about his first and only day on the R.P.D. The T-virus breakout, Claire, the police station, and Ada. He thought about her fatal fall in the Umbrella Plant. He silently damned himself.
After the incident, the Government became interested in him. Before long, he was a fully trained CIA agent. He worked very well. One day, two weeks ago, he was called into the White House. The newly elected president, Howard Graham’s, daughter had been kidnapped. Since the captor was unknown, the military couldn’t get involved.
Reports have been made that his daughter, Ashley Graham, had been sighted around Leon’s current location. He was in Europe. Spain, he guessed, because the officers driving him to a nearby village had “POLICIA” printed on their backs, as well as an obvious accent.
Leon pulled out the picture of Ashley. Wow. She’s very pretty, he thought. The ride continued for another five minutes, and Leon kept looking at the picture. The car suddenly stopped. “End of the road, American,” the first officer said. Leon pocketed the photo and got out.
When he reached the house, Leon saw a man cutting grass with a sickle, and a woman in the window eating what seemed to be dirty broth with rotten turkey and maggots.
Leon approached the man and showed him the picture. “Excuse me, sir, but have you seen this girl around here?” The man gave him a long, hard, stare. Whoa, he has red eyes, Leon thought, alarmed. The man then yelled something to the woman, who came out of the house with a bloody butcher knife. The man swung at Leon, who ducked, tripped him, and pulled out his handgun. He backed up a few steps and yelled, “Don’t make me shoot!” But, they didn’t listen. They both were up, and their weapons were armed. Looks like I have no choice, Leon thought.
He shot the man in the wrist, causing him to drop his weapon, and he shot the woman in the forehead. They were both knocked back, but charged towards him. These things aren’t human, he thought. He shot the man in the neck, eventually the shots caused his head to fall off. As he was reloading, the woman swung at him. He moved to the side, quickly, and got his forearm slightly cut. He shot the woman until he was sure she was dead.
Leon entered the house and looked at the food. Definitely rotten. He decided to do a closer inspection of the house. There was no toilet, no running water, no means of temperature control, or anything default by home standards. He opened a closet and skulls littered with maggots fell out. Leon backed up in disgust. “What are these things!?” he said aloud.
---4---
It was pitch black outside. Two men were walking on both sides of a girl, holding up torches. They were under order from Lord Saddler to deliver the kidnapped girl to the cabin near the sewer with the complex locking system.
Now the girl, Ashley, was locked in a dark room with no windows. She heard heavy breathing coming from across the room. “Who’s there?” she called. “Ah… So they were kind enough to give me a woman for company. No more lonely nights for me.” Ashley heard footsteps. They got closer. And then, she felt a hand go over her mouth, and the other groping her chest.
She wanted to scream, but she couldn’t. The mans hand was closing hard on her jaw. She felt a wetness on her neck. He took off his hand and started removing her clothes. She screamed, even though she knew no one would come to her rescue.
“A virgin, eh? Well, we’ll just have to change that!” the menacing voice said. “No, please! Don’t!” Ashley cried back in retaliation. It didn’t work. She was openly sobbing and letting out small screams of pain. She wished everything would end. The rape, the torture, the loneliness. The captivity. But her wishes didn’t come true. That man was going to keep going until one of them died.
---4---
The officers sat in the car, waiting. One started dozing off and the other turned on the radio and turned the volume up. Suddenly, their car, as well as themselves, were thrown into a group of trees. They both felt very lightheaded and tried to get out of the car.
---4---
Leon saw the whole thing. It happened as he was leaving the house. An 18-wheeler was coming down the road rather loudly. It was gaining speed. “Hey! Look out!” Leon yelled. Nothing happened. They must have the radio on! Those idiots, Leon thought.
The 18-Wheeler struck the little car, propelling it into trees. Leon ran towards the car. People were coming out from the back of the truck. Leon counted out ten. The driver then joined them, and they were all armed. The officer from the driver seat was hunched over, and a man swung his axe at him, taking a large portion of his head off. His skull and brains were visible, before the blood started coming out.
Leon pulled out his gun and joined the other officer, who wasn’t dazed like his comrade. Although seeing his death was a great, sudden, emotional pain. “Hey! These things aren’t human, so this’ll be tough! Aim for the head!” Leon shouted. I took down a horde of zombies and monsters, so this should be easy… I hope he thought.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-21 23:40:29

At 2/21/05 11:38 PM, ImmortalDarkness wrote: Here's my RE4 fanfic. Please review.

Oh, and for props. It isn't done. I'm planning to make it a large series on FanFiction,net.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-22 05:05:41

I will get back to writing... eventually. Chapter 3 is nearly finished in the R&D stage (Research and Development) I have a skeletal plot for it and should begin to flesh it out over the next few days.

BTW, Myst: World of Warcraft ROCKS! It is probably the best PC RPG I've ever played. Get a copy and see for yourself.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-22 12:41:52

At 2/22/05 05:05 AM, Coop83 wrote: BTW, Myst: World of Warcraft ROCKS! It is probably the best PC RPG I've ever played. Get a copy and see for yourself.

Do you have to pay a subscription fee for World of warcraft coop? If you don't I might look into getitng it but if I do I won't as I won't be able to afford it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-22 17:30:35

At 2/21/05 09:27 PM, Lazer12 wrote: Poetry

Your work has a lot of emotion in it. It isn't positive, but that's not a bad thing. I like work that has as much punch as yours does. It just feels like you're expressing it wrong, that's all. "Fuck" is not a word that is pleasing to the eye. I would try and avoid using it at all costs. It's a vulgar term that has a specific context, and used outside that context, can destroy a poem or piece of writing. "Sex" is different. It can be used in poetry and you can get away with it, but it has to be used sparingly. If you have it written more than twice, you're probably using it too much. Overall, I like the emotion in your work, just increase your vocabulary a bit so you can better express yourself.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-22 18:08:40

At 2/22/05 05:05 AM, Coop83 wrote: BTW, Myst: World of Warcraft ROCKS! It is probably the best PC RPG I've ever played. Get a copy and see for yourself.

I would, but i got 2 more months unstil i can get my own credit card. : P

Maybe then i will. ^_^

I need Firefox help.... my mouse scroller doesn't work in firefox, does anyone know why?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-23 06:13:56

At 2/22/05 12:41 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Do you have to pay a subscription fee for World of warcraft coop? If you don't I might look into getitng it but if I do I won't as I won't be able to afford it.

£42 for six months. Plus you get the first month free with the game.

At 2/22/05 06:08 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I would, but i got 2 more months unstil i can get my own credit card. : P

Maybe then i will. ^_^

Good. I hope I'll find you and maybe we can 'party up'

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-23 12:53:35

At 2/23/05 06:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: £42 for six months. Plus you get the first month free with the game.

O_o. to expensive. I'd need to persude my mom to pay it and then apy her back eventually.......mind you iI might just be bale to afford it.......................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-23 13:23:53

At 2/23/05 12:53 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: O_o. to expensive. I'd need to persude my mom to pay it and then apy her back eventually.......mind you iI might just be bale to afford it.......................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you do get it, pick STORMRAGE as your server, because I'm there: a Night Elf Hunter, called Silouain.

Look me up.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-23 13:35:51

At 2/23/05 01:23 PM, Coop83 wrote: If you do get it, pick STORMRAGE as your server, because I'm there: a Night Elf Hunter, called Silouain.
Look me up.

If I get it I will most certainly use sotrmage and will look you up :P

I am absolutly knackered. school is evil I want a snow day tommorow so badly :'-( im to tired to write at the moment even though I was gonna try and do a proper version of my openeing to my cult story thing.