00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RISKASTER just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

207,306 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 15:33:13

At 3/8/05 06:11 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/7/05 02:33 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: I'll keep trying.
Good to hear it. btw, did you look back around page 20 and check out my story? I'd be glad of the feedback, as it may help me jump-start chapter 3, which has precisely 0 words so far.

I checked back to page 20 and 21 and 22.....but I cant see any posts of stories made by you mate.

If you can find the precise page, then I'll read it and give you a full review.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 15:37:47

thanxs mike

Right now to me nothing matters
Because my heart is now in shatterd
I dont think it will heal tomorrow
because it is full of sorrow

why and why i weep and cry
I just want to lie down and die
with girls i have no luck
This is why my life sucks

I dont care
call me a queer
It dont faze me
I'll go crazy

Nothing you say
can hurt me the way
thats she did today

I would pull out a tooth
before i tell her the truth
I'll tell her a lie
befor i die

this poem is about being rejected by a girl and never telling he my true feelings

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 16:29:30

At 3/8/05 03:37 PM, VOTE_4_PEDRO_KIA wrote: thanxs mike

Im guesisng that shatterd was meant to be shattered but with way that line needs changing as it doesn't make sense. Shattered isn't a noun.......I think the closest thing to it is shard as in a shard of glass.

Short and straight to the point.needs changing lol I like things to be embellished..................alot

I dont care
call me a queer
It dont faze me
I'll go crazy

again embellish it to makeit better IMO

Nothing you say
can hurt me the way
thats she did today

that bit is actually pretty good :P

I would pull out a tooth
I'll tell her a lie
befor i die

Doesn't run so smoothly this bit. you need to make the lines all the same length sylablle wise

Part from needing embellishment in places and few other things not bad really.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 16:36:44

thanks it was a poem that i typed in like 5 mins and it was my first semi dark poem i most of the timem i write love poems about that girl but o well thanks again

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 16:39:43

At 3/8/05 04:36 PM, VOTE_4_PEDRO_KIA wrote: thanks it was a poem that i typed in like 5 mins and it was my first semi dark poem i most of the timem i write love poems about that girl but o well thanks again

no problem. If you write soemthign else down feel free to pop in and let us read it :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 16:45:10

At 3/8/05 03:37 PM, VOTE_4_PEDRO_KIA wrote: thanxs mike

No Problem.

Matters and shattered don't click to me.

Little choppy again.

I dont care
call me a queer
It dont faze me
I'll go crazy

Now you sound like a rapper.

Nothing you say
can hurt me the way
thats she did today

Like Manic said, that part was good.

I would pull out a tooth
I'll tell her a lie
befor i die

Well, you have potential. You just gotta find it and your set.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 17:01:07

thanks again mike like i said to manic it was my first dark typed thing and i had som typos like shadderd was really shadder and i cant spell but thanks

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 17:35:03

At 3/8/05 03:33 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: I checked back to page 20 and 21 and 22.....but I cant see any posts of stories made by you mate.

That was a bit early... soryy, my bad.

If you can find the precise page, then I'll read it and give you a full review.

Page 24. The penultimate post (God, I love long words) Enjoy and review, I would be most grateful.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 17:54:43

I noticed some good poetry critiqueing. If anyone wants to destroy/take apart my last poem, i'd be honored. It is 3rd from the bottom on page 79.

Anyway, i got another 41 pages to read and a chapter synopsis to write (man my English teachers are hardcore), so i was just checking in making sure i didnt miss much.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 18:05:53

that was a good poem u got skill and it completely beats the crap out of mine anyways good job i look forwards to more

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 20:07:33

At 3/8/05 06:05 PM, VOTE_4_PEDRO_KIA wrote: that was a good poem u got skill and it completely beats the crap out of mine anyways good job i look forwards to more

Thanks!

I got a new image i made out on RG, check it out if you are interested anyone: http://photoshop.retrogade.com/view.php?id=1900

Or check my DA (in sig) once i submit it there. ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 20:29:57

thanks i have more poems that are nice and i realize how stupid i was to write them theirs this one......

She is the essence of beauty you see
For she is the only girl i see
My passion has no end
But alas she only me as a friend

Her sight sends butterflies a swarm
For she is beauty in its highest form
There's one thing I know for sure
All the angels envy her

When I see her my heart skips a beat
and it feels like someone turned up the heat
I feel lighter then air and i start to hover
because i see her and no other

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 22:11:15

At 3/8/05 08:07 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: http://photoshop.retrogade.com/view.php?id=1900

I was ready to review but.. there's nothing on that link.
FIX!!!!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-08 22:39:50

At 3/8/05 08:49 PM, deathtuna wrote: Untitled

Were I a flower akin to you,
Of inferior hue of course.
Together we would grow in sweet bliss,
Ne'er knowing or feeling remorse.

I'm liking this poem already. A little too pansy (omg pun!) for my taste, but heartfelt. I've written poetry of similar style before. It's alwasy interesting to see ifI can stick to them or not.

A harmony our chords would make,
Plucked on our very heartstrings.
A symphony of love would arise,
Repelling the most evil things.

It almost feels like you should explain your transition here. I'm still seeing the two of you as flowers, but you're describing string intruments of some kind.

Those wicked things, vile by nature,
Perverting and tempting us all.
To sin, or to do terrible deeds,
Leading us astray, so doomed to fall.

You lose some focus from the main point of the poem here. You must have been distracted by something shiny.

Steadfast you remain in purity,
And for this I commend you well.
As my flower remains a flower,
My love will ring clear as a bell.

And now you're back to the flower/instrument theme after your little detour, thanks to some decent transition from stanza 3 to stanza 4. The ending is fine, and I like that way that it wraps up.

Overall, I think the poem is a little short to contain all the ideas you seem to be trying to convey in this piece. It looks like you jammed Double-D writing in a B-Cup piece, you know? Either lose some of the symbols and ideas, or expand on them a bit, maybe giving each one it's own stanza, instead of just a line.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 10:14:02

NO TITLE

It started this way, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere. It started this way, with a man named Dan Cody driving a batttered Jeep down a lonely stretch of highway. It started this way, with an armload of roses scattered atop a worn canvas bag that lay on the passenger-side floorboard of that Jeep. It started this way, with an armload of roses riding shotgun... and a worn bag filled with a thousand writhing scorpions.

To Dan Cody, the roses were frightening. Pooled in bruised shadows and silver-white moonlight, their petals were moist and full as a dozen wet, openmouthed kisses.
And just as dangerous, too. Cody knew that.
Beads of sweat gleamed on his upper lip. He wiped the back of his dusty right hand across his mouth and smelled the dirt and dried sweat that smeared his rough, tanned skin. He inhaled deeply, and for the duration of that breath he was transported to the cool midnight canyons and inky desert crevices he'd so recently visited.
The smell of dirt was to Cody a breif respite from the roses' cloyong perfume.
He didn't like that smell, but he could not escape it tonight.
He would not escape it.
Tonight it was his destiny.
Cody wiped his hands on his black denim-clad thigh, and his hand returned to the sterring wheel...where it belonged, where it was comfortable. But he couldn't stop think about the roses. They were strange things, born far away from the desert. Valentine hearts from a land thats was fresh and cool and green. In this hard and barren places, nothing survived that couldn't live broken and twisted and ruined by the relentless beating of sun and wind.
The desert was a land that Dan Cody knew well.
It was the land where Dan Cody had been born, twenty-five years ago, and had died, twenty-five years ago.
And perhaps, just perhaps, tonight he would be born again. It started this way, thought Dan Cody, as he drove onto the deep end of midnight.
It started this way . . .

thats all I have so far I let yall know when I'm done with the chapter

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 13:13:49

Words

syllables metaphors. nothing new to me
Similies, punctuation simple as can be.

Still i sit here at my desk
Cursed by the writing hex!

Can't work out what to put
in the next installment of my book

Is it really so hard to find
the perfect words or perfect rhyme?

a little simple thign i just thoguht up in maths enjoy and revew pleas.e I'll attempt to clear some of the backlog of reviews later tonight.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 15:01:22

Ok doeky this is what ive written for that Cult thing I flirted across to yuo guys a while ago. read review and comment please. I would like people to go into detail if possible. many thanks in advance :-)

this is just the start of it though more to come as I write it :-)

Eyes of a Dragon

The first hours of daylight reflected off of the window of the old run down library as the wind picked up and caused the branches of the ancient oak tree to sway left and right.
As the branches swayed the old faded letters ,that stood above the entrance to the door, watched over all that passed by within its sight. Age had removed the edges from the words but the old Latin word for library could still be read and the motto of the city “Per veneratio quod justicia” was clear enough as well.
A sparrow hopped across the letters of the city motto and started to sing a song of joy. It flapped its wings, took off and soared into the sky to find its nest. It flew straight to the roof of the building and landed on the roof.
It waddled over towards a crack in the wall and squeezed into the gap. The nest lay before its eyes with three chicks and his mate. He chirped at his family and sat down and stared through a gap in the wall that led to the inside of the library.
It was a dusty place as the only books it contained these days were old ones that not many people sought out.
The sparrow cocked its head to the side.
Someone had been seeking something as the dust that was normally on the floor had been disturbed by foot steps. This didn’t really concern the sparrow as it had happened before.
What did disturb him was the crimson trail that was followed the disturbances in the dust.
He shook his head and ruffled his feathers.
It didn’t matter to him really. Whilst the red stains were new and different it didn’t concern him. He knew he could not eat it and he knew nothing good would come of it.
He turned to his family and set about the task of grooming his chicks as his mate set out to try and find some food.
As he groomed his chicks his thoughts returned to the disturbance of the library.
What did it matter to him? The affairs of humans were not his concern and never would be. They could deal with it themselves.
The attitude of the sparrow is the attitude that Sergeant John Wakefield would have loved to take in life. His job as a police officer prevented him from taking this stance however.
He would often wonder what had possessed when he applied to be a police man. He did not enjoy his job and he detested his fellow officers and they felt the same towards him and made no secret of it. One such man was Police Constable Roger Warrington.
Roger was Johns’ worst enemy in the force and, as sods law dictates, they had been paired together to work on a case.
John watched Roger as he made notes on where everything lay in the crime scene as the forensic scientists went to work on collecting the samples of blood and taking pictures of all the evidence that they found.
The sound of the pen scratching on the paper began to irritate John’s ears but he gritted his teeth and ignored it fearing what Rogers reaction would be if he mentioned it.
The note books slammed shut.
“Right then” boomed Roger’s baritone voice “Let’s get started then shall we? Would you like to handle the corpse or shall I? I think I should after all you are rather squeamish aren’t you Jonno?”
John was mentally picturing having roger boiled alive in oil as he was being spoken to. He snapped out of his dream world to reply.
“You do realise that I’m higher rank than you? You do not address me as Jonno. You don’t call me Jonny or john you call me sir or sergeant! Understand constable Warrington?”
Roger glared at the sergeant but refrained from making any comment.
“Now then” Continued John “I’ll take the body you go and find the guy who runs this place and get an inventory of the books in here and se if anything is unaccounted for.”
“Yes Sarge” said Warrington as he walked off towards the office where a grey haired old man could be seen through the window.
John watched as Warrington entered the room and started to talk to the old man. He shook his head and turned to where the body lay.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 15:07:34

At 3/9/05 12:24 AM, Quisty wrote: So In Love With You

Wow. I could almost believe it was my own love who had written that. (she feels like that about me.) A great piece, Quisty, though I'm not normally into poetry.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 15:36:57

At 3/9/05 12:24 AM, Quisty wrote: So In Love With You

Good poem over all but there are a few thigns that need changing IMO.

I wish I was not so bad.

I wish I was not so bad doesn't quite work it for me something like " I wish i wasn't as bad" would work better.

I look at who I have become,

shorten the I have into I've to make it sound better

Not a bad thing really its wuite ncie reminds me of a pop song for some reason.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 16:01:12

At 3/9/05 03:01 PM, -Manic- wrote: Eyes of a Dragon

Not bad at all. Though I see no plot right now, it seems like it could develop into a good story.
Nice job, Manic.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 16:04:03

At 3/9/05 04:01 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Not bad at all. Though I see no plot right now, it seems like it could develop into a good story.
Nice job, Manic.

thanks. Its only the intro so the plot isn't meant to be compltely obvious at this point. But if you read the posts I amde about the whole idea you should know :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-09 17:23:57

At 3/9/05 01:13 PM, -Manic- wrote: a little simple thign i just thoguht up in maths enjoy and revew pleas.e I'll attempt to clear some of the backlog of reviews later tonight.

Thought it up in maths. The irony. It needs more work, but to be honest, I'm the wrong person to say just what.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 14:16:57

At 3/10/05 09:06 AM, Grandfather-Clock wrote: tis done be maaaaaaaah latest story ya'll. Dont ya go plagerising it or stealins it nor nottin:

Wow, I really liked this story, it's like something from a short film :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 14:33:17

At 3/9/05 05:23 PM, Coop83 wrote: Thought it up in maths. The irony. It needs more work, but to be honest, I'm the wrong person to say just what.

lol I wasn't really trying when I thought it up so it was never meant to be brilliant just soemthing to pass the boredom whilst we were doing quadrilateral equations.

At 3/10/05 09:06 AM, Grandfather-Clock wrote: tis done be maaaaaaaah latest story ya'll. Dont ya go plagerising it or stealins it nor nottin:

lol I lvoed it. that was pretty damn good and original as well :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 15:18:54

Ok i need people sopinion son names. Which soudns better to you lot?

Eyes of a dragon

Pendragon Prophecy

relics of a Dragon

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 15:46:15

At 3/10/05 03:43 PM, deathtuna wrote: I like Eyes of a dragon.

lol good cause that's the one I liek but I asked a few of my friedns and they said they didn't like it so i cam up with some alternatives and showed them. got mixed reaction and thought it might be a good diea to get the opinios of people who actually know the difference between Dickens and Tolkien.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 16:25:13

At 3/10/05 03:46 PM, -Manic- wrote:
At 3/10/05 03:43 PM, deathtuna wrote: I like Eyes of a dragon.
lol good cause that's the one I liek but I asked a few of my friedns and they said they didn't like it so i cam up with some alternatives and showed them.

It's a good name, but it sounds a bit 'Bruce Lee' to me. Intentional?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 16:29:49

At 3/10/05 04:25 PM, Coop83 wrote: It's a good name, but it sounds a bit 'Bruce Lee' to me. Intentional?

I'd be lieing if I said it was.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 18:55:48

At 3/10/05 05:01 PM, Grandfather-Clock wrote: can i join plz?

As far as I'm concerned, you're a member.

Please read and review this poem!

In the Distance
Shattered in Verse
By: M. Zackular

I think she knows how I feel
Talking to her, as if in zeal.
I think she knows that I love her.
Now this feelings are just a blur.

Aging with every step I take
I'm the sand of a wave, left in the wake.
Can you see me or can you hear?
I love you so much, can you see the tear?

Now what am I to do?
The promises falling through.
I can hardly stand, I can hardly wait.
For the Grim Reaper, my death date.

Jaded and fake,
Drugs I take.
Things I do.
Thoughts of you.

All that and more
As you walk out the door.
Hear my last breath,
Now for my death.

Now I sit, here with my pen.
I'm thinking of you again.
You can't get out of my head.
You'll stay with me 'till I'm dead.

Usually I'd play my hand
The way it was all planned.
Well, it's gone for good
Just like it should...

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-10 19:29:57

hi every one sry i haven't been on my parents are mad at me any ways this is my first name but i typed my name wrong so it wouldn't let me in so i made an alternate name until it let me on... i wasn't banned just so i tell you. Anyways mike my poetry sucks compared to yours i mean i found nothing wrong with it( i suck ate grammer thought) but like Mysts i expect more from you because you got skill