00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GooGutz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,660 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 09:24:09

I would be honored if I could join you guys in the Writer's Guild.

I myself am an experienced writer who did really well in English in High School.

You can check out a sample of some of the work I've done at www.adgbc.com/bbs in the Prose and Poetry section.

I'd like to join so I could further improve my writing technique for creating lengthy, but epic movie-like novels. Though I haven't had the energy to get around to finishing some of my older works, I'm nonetheless determined to better myself and to contribute to the community.

I'm glad to see that there are like-minded writers of fanfiction and I would be honored to join you all. Can I please join?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 09:43:21

At 3/4/05 09:37 AM, Quisty wrote:
At 3/4/05 09:24 AM, ShadowBaofu wrote: I'm glad to see that there are like-minded writers of fanfiction and I would be honored to join you all. Can I please join?
God will you stop fallowing me around? Each new writting club I am in you go and join it. Why do you join when I join? GRRR

Just nevermind about being in this club then. It seems to have been a bad idea now.

Hahaha, didn't mean to muscle you out, hon. But I have roughly the same interests with big differences. Besides, this was the biggest writing club close by and it was a coincidence that you actually wanted to join.

Oh well, not my place to decide for you what you wanna do.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 09:51:42

At 3/4/05 09:47 AM, Quisty wrote:
At 3/4/05 09:43 AM, ShadowBaofu wrote: Hahaha, didn't mean to muscle you out, hon. But I have roughly the same interests with big differences. Besides, this was the biggest writing club close by and it was a coincidence that you actually wanted to join.
Eww don't call me hon. Just stay in this club, and I will be 1000 miles away from it now. Your gross. You have no right to call me hon. We arn't even friends. Your just my crazy X boyfriend who seems to now be fallowing me around lately. Anyway, this will be my last post here. Too creeped out to stay now. Thanks for letting me be here for 5 seconds, lol.

Believe whatever you want to believe, but I'm just minding my own business, which has absolutely nothing to do with you.

As far as I'm concerned, you dont even exist. You're just a myth, a story of fiction that never happened in my life.

Now, don't irritate the thread any further.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 13:47:31

Ahem. this palce is for discussing writing and posting stories not for you two to have awhat seems like a lovers tiff. You are both welcome to join and if weitherof you decide to leave just cause theother one is in here then it really is stupid.
This is the inertenet neither of you are actually in contact with each whislt you're in the thread so stop arguing please!

IT may sound harsh ut Im pretty sure that no one in here really cares about what has gone on between you so pelase don't discuss it here. Take it to email,AIM or MSN if you must but pelase kindly drop it in here.

now then. Like I said you are both welcome to join if you wish to. We are never going to turn down members but if you do decide to stay then PLEASE stop the bickering ok?

Now then why don't we alla ct like good little boys and girls and playnicely in the sandbox :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 17:31:14

At 3/4/05 09:24 AM, ShadowBaofu wrote: I would be honored if I could join you guys in the Writer's Guild.

Like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.

I myself am an experienced writer who did really well in English in High School.

So, most of us have done well at English, otherwise we would not be writers. This is not such a great achievement, when you think about it.

You can check out a sample of some of the work I've done at www.adgbc.com/bbs in the Prose and Poetry section.

I don't like to sound lazy, but post your own work here, so we can see it. I don't like having to trawl through pages of stuff, to find what I'm looking for, plus the people on here tend to read stuff that's posted rather than go clicking links.

I'd like to join so I could further improve my writing technique for creating lengthy, but epic movie-like novels. Though I haven't had the energy to get around to finishing some of my older works, I'm nonetheless determined to better myself and to contribute to the community.

Sounds good, I'd at least like to see some of your work, before I make my mind up (and I'm sure the rest of the Guild has a similar mindset.)

I'm glad to see that there are like-minded writers of fanfiction and I would be honored to join you all. Can I please join?

Well, if you can cut out the fighting with Quisty and post some work once in a while and maybe even review some stuff, welcome aboard.

Quisty, I don't want you to just come in and then Leave because you claim you're being followed. If the worst comes to the worst, ignore him. I'd like to read some of your stories. (Plus maybe offer you a job babysitting my Jedi cousin. She's only 5)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 19:58:59

Cool, I'll just ummmm.... find a way to copy you the 21 chapters or so of work I had done in the past. :P

Meh, where theres a will, theres a way.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 22:01:47

I'll join and this is my idea for a good flash or story depending on what I do called Void: Light and Dark.

In Trent City, everything is cold and industrious. Two kids, one male and one female, will be forced into another world and must fight to return to the other.

The guy is a nerd whose plan is to graduate from Trent High as the biggest intellectual ever. The girl is a beauty queen who gets what she wants when she wants it. Thier two fates meet when the guy accidently bumps her into a trash can at school one day. She then eternally hates him for her embarassment. One day, the two bump into each other while riding bikes in the woods. They begin to lose thier way in the woods until they both come to a clearing with a tree stump in the middle. On top of the stump is a small cube with black and white stripes like a zebra on it. The boy touches the box and the boy and girl both fall unconscious. When they wake up, they both find that they have been transported to another world where EVERYTHING is black and white except them. The sky is white and the ground is black. They fight for a little bit before they start walking south. Soon they run into a giant monster. Suddenly, the two teens gain magical powers and become the heroes Light and Dark and defeat the monster. Curious about why they're in the strange world, the boy and girl must now figure why they are there, defeat the evil that binds them to the world, fight to stay alive and get home, and develop a friendship they never knew they had. Can they return home from the Void?

Of course this is the main theme for the story and/or flash. Whatever.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 22:34:57

Eh. Not trying to nag, (and I always do) but could you read and review my story on the previous page? If you don't wanna look for it there, click the FictionPress link.

Thanks.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 22:45:00

Ha ha!

(silence, crickets)

What? No one remembers me? I still have the link to the crew in my sig though! Look, it's right down there! (sobs)

Anywho, I was thinking about a new short piece that might develop into a long-ass story if I get around to it. I was combining my writing and zombie obsessions together to think of a new story, trying to find a new explanation for how the undead come to be. Here's what I came up with:

Long ago, in the middle ages, the Underworld desperately searches for a measn to destroy the living, and bring havoc to the land. But the faithful are protected by God, and the Underworld can inflict no direct harm. Satan schemes a way to bring the sins of the living back to haunt them, channeling the evils of centuries into the corpses filling the graveyards. And thus, the undead are brought unto the world. A great crusade is proposed, and the united forces of the living ride throughout Europe and Asia, slaying all the undead they can find. Decades later, the last zombie is slain.

Centuries pass, and humanity changes, some say for the worst. The pollution brought amoung us is of our own design; greater than any plauge that threatens us in nature. We kill and maim our own kind in great numbers thanks to advances in technology, and sins are seen as accidents more than anything. The Underworld once again channels these evils into hundreds of thousands of corpses, bringing about a new wave of undead soldiers to rid the earth of the living. It would seem humanity is doomed, as our faith in the heavens has slipped so far that we are no longer protected, and are left to our own wretched devices to try and save ourselves.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 23:13:55

At 3/4/05 10:45 PM, -Manman- wrote: What? No one remembers me? I still have the link to the crew in my sig though! Look, it's right down there! (sobs)

How could I forget my beloved Manman!
Exactly. I didn't.

The story wasn't that bad of an opening, either.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-05 15:48:24

At 3/4/05 07:58 PM, ShadowBaofu wrote: Cool, I'll just ummmm.... find a way to copy you the 21 chapters or so of work I had done in the past. :P

someone has been a busy boy then :P

Just post a chapter at a time and break it up over a couple of days that way no one will get swmaped by trying to kep up with you.....or failing that attach it to an email and send it to everyone that wants to read it?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-05 16:05:31

Seems i missed a lot of drama.... well Quisty... please stay! I like your writing... a lot.

Anyway, i got a new PS piece done... check it out, i like hearing your guys thoughts: http://photoshop.retrogade.com/view.php?id=1871

I got another essay to write, i will check in later.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-05 16:07:35

At 3/5/05 04:05 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I got another essay to write, i will check in later.

how is it you end up with so many essays myst? Do you have slave driver teachers or soemthing cause Ive never seen someone that ahs as many essays to do as you seem to. You seem to have one very damned week lol,

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-05 19:34:35

At 3/5/05 04:07 PM, -Manic- wrote: how is it you end up with so many essays myst? Do you have slave driver teachers or soemthing cause Ive never seen someone that ahs as many essays to do as you seem to. You seem to have one very damned week lol,

So far i have had one every week this semester. I am taking two English courses currently (and a morality course [which is a lot of writing also]) and between the three, i have been averaging one essay a week. They are not all huge essays, mostly 500-1000 words (approx)... just many of them (i had two in one week once already : P), and i have to do mad editing, because if i have more than three mistakes (grammatical of spelling) my one teacher won't even accept it.

As much as i hate it, i think i will benefit from it when i get to Univeristy next school year. I actually just finished and am taking a break... i will edit tomorrow.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-05 22:09:25

I'm in, writing rocks. My main aspiration is to be a film maker.

As for this story concept I just quoted, I'd just like to point out that an anime show I watched once, called the Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, has already explored the pretty-dorky girl-guy combo in a strange world. And it's very predictable that they will eventually bond from their hate.

I have a good Crime/Drama/Horror concept. It's about what happens after a typical attempted assasination, the assasin is a lowly fiend who was wounded, but escapes and takes our heroic protagonist to nowhere, where he discovers the sick mind behind the game. This is not too much a series, but a story that makes you think what the hell is going to happen next?

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-05 22:20:09

At 3/4/05 10:01 PM, Renewman wrote: The guy is a nerd whose plan is to graduate from Trent High as the biggest intellectual ever. . . One day, the two bump into each other while riding bikes in the woods. . . Soon they run into a giant monster. . . and develop a friendship they never knew they had. Can they return home from the Void?

Correction, this is the story I was talking about.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 06:16:21

At 3/5/05 10:09 PM, Erkie wrote: I have a good Crime/Drama/Horror concept. It's about what happens after a typical attempted assasination, the assasin is a lowly fiend who was wounded, but escapes and takes our heroic protagonist to nowhere, where he discovers the sick mind behind the game. This is not too much a series, but a story that makes you think what the hell is going to happen next?

That sound sliek a nice little idea you've got there. But it soudns a little too much like the game manhunt to me. Not that that's a bad thing but it does hsare certain resemblances.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 12:13:42

POLL
OK. I need answers ASAP and it's only for WOR members.

Are you fine with the current setting/story or do you want a new one?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 13:05:58

At 3/6/05 12:13 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Are you fine with the current setting/story or do you want a new one?

1) The RPG soceity was created so we didn't have to clutter up the guild with WoR stuff :-)
2) If wer'e gonna restart it we need a new setting or something cause at the moment I'm lost as hell and have no idea what had happened etc.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 13:58:08

At 3/6/05 01:05 PM, -Manic- wrote: 1) The RPG soceity was created so we didn't have to clutter up the guild with WoR stuff :-)

This is true, but they started somw D&D thing there... i was confused when i tired to look in.

2) If wer'e gonna restart it we need a new setting or something cause at the moment I'm lost as hell and have no idea what had happened etc.

I had no idea we were staring it back up officially... tell me what ideas you have so far and i will see what i can come up with. I will join as a bad character and just jump in every once and a while. I don't have enough time for a full characte, but evil characters usually show up sontaneously anyway. ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:04:38

At 3/6/05 01:58 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: This is true, but they started somw D&D thing there... i was confused when i tired to look in.

yeha I know its kind of becoem a new version of RPG club as that seems to dieing a death a number of members have quite RPG Club and joined the society but the prime focus still remains the same so if people pop in there with updates or what not for WoR then no one is gonna mind.

I had no idea we were staring it back up officially... tell me what ideas you have so far and i will see what i can come up with. I will join as a bad character and just jump in every once and a while. I don't have enough time for a full characte, but evil characters usually show up sontaneously anyway. ^_^

ha ha :P Well first thing we need to decide is what genre its gonna be in.

Fantasy,sci fi, Modern and superhero, feudal japan and wild west are the oens Im thinking of.

I'd like a wild west one with a twist....if you;ve ever heard of a Rpg called deadlands I want it like that with a kind of ghost and zombie and magic feel to it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:05:02

One Day

One day in the future when we see eye to eye
One day in the future when people will not cry
One day in the future when we put the past behind us
One day in the future whenno anger hides inside us
One day in the future where there will be no fight
Oneday in thefuture we will see the light

i just wrote that last week
pretty simple but i thought it sounded good

so... tel me what you think

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:13:22

At 3/6/05 02:04 PM, -Manic- wrote: yeha I know its kind of becoem a new version of RPG club as that seems to dieing a death a number of members...

Gotcha.

Fantasy,sci fi, Modern and superhero, feudal japan and wild west are the oens Im thinking of.

I was thinking 100% fantasy... kind of like Warcraft... elves and orces etc.

I'd like a wild west one with a twist....if you;ve ever heard of a Rpg called deadlands I want it like that with a kind of ghost and zombie and magic feel to it.

That sounds interesting; i have never heard of deadlands.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:24:19

At 3/6/05 02:13 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I was thinking 100% fantasy... kind of like Warcraft... elves and orces etc.

War craft huh? possibility I suppose

That sounds interesting; i have never heard of deadlands.

ah! Let me enligthen you. Its the time of the wild west but with the discovery of a new resource known as ghost rock the age of steam has come early and science rules the land! However all is not well! The deadhave risen from the grave and strange critters are roaming around in the desert. Magic is real and is weilded by the msot devout of clerics, the voodoo witch doctors of the sotuh and the hucksters ( Gamblers who have learnt o control spirits using card games.

There is only one rule of the weird west. Be quick on the trigger. Or you will be quick to the grave!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:40:56

At 3/6/05 02:24 PM, -Manic- wrote: There is only one rule of the weird west. Be quick on the trigger. Or you will be quick to the grave!

I like it. I can be an evil wizard type guy... that would be fun. Me and my minions can cause all the good characters mischief....

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:46:59

At 3/6/05 02:40 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I like it. I can be an evil wizard type guy... that would be fun. Me and my minions can cause all the good characters mischief....

repalce evil wiazard with mad scientist that has learn vodoo magic which is still the same kind of thign and you're ready to roll!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:48:08

The black darkened to a colour that couldn’t seem possible. I was straining to see at the far end, trying to capture an image that I couldn’t focus on. A blonde light weaved itself, getting closer and brighter. Rusty noises started to reverberate and echo around the room I appeared to be in, which I thought, imagined, I was in. As the light started to end its journey across the walls of the cold room, scripts were written on the concrete. Glimmer of colour showed upon the writing, and I saw in the reflection of my pupil, that it was English, and written in blood. It dripped. It was still wet. A papery whisper started to concur in my lobes. Then a screeching commenced onwards, overtaking the weak efforts of the so heard noise. The screeching appeared to be a baby’s cry, a baby in which had no life, and was legally murdered before sense had even been imported inside it. I tried to stand up, but with hard, full efforts, I was struck back down. As if a force, a godly force, pushed me down and wanted to feed on me, keep me in this room with cries and rusty noises.

-- I've only just written this, and I'm still commencing, please give me alot of ideas, the scariest you can think of, and some corrections of possible --

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:53:16

At 3/6/05 02:48 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: -- I've only just written this, and I'm still commencing, please give me alot of ideas, the scariest you can think of, and some corrections of possible --

creepy O_o. Its well written but I can't really help you with ideas as horro really isn'y my style but one thign I can say is whatever your'e writing even if its only something simple like this for a rough copy or whatever use paragraphs if you can it makes everything look much neater and easier to read. I know the tab key don't work on the forum but just sperate the different bits by pressing enter and leaveing a line between them.

I couldn't see any majopr problems with it grammatically or anything though but I'll go over it again in a bit if you want with a fine toothed comb.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:57:18

At 3/6/05 02:46 PM, -Manic- wrote: repalce evil wiazard with mad scientist that has learn vodoo magic which is still the same kind of thign and you're ready to roll!

Okay, but i aint no creepy old weirdo mad scientist... i am a rich, charming, yet impreccably evil mad scientist. I told everyone who actually looksin WOR to come here and agree or disagree with the idea... then i will start it back up probably wednesday (pending)...

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-06 14:59:19

At 3/6/05 02:57 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Okay, but i aint no creepy old weirdo mad scientist... i am a rich, charming, yet impreccably evil mad scientist. I told everyone who actually looksin WOR to come here and agree or disagree with the idea... then i will start it back up probably wednesday (pending)...

fair enough a mad scientsit is still a mad scientist in my book :P