00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,645 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-08 21:25:49

At 3/8/08 03:08 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: I'd advice against buying it, the product is imperfect and highly flawed. The Sisters and Dark Eldar lack balance and the whole thing reeks of "rush job".

Theres always imbalance in the game, regardless I'm getting it, but Ill heed your warning.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-12 04:33:01

My Death Korps of Krieg engineers.

My Krieg Cyclops.

When is someone else going to post images of his or her own army?

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-12 06:13:46

At 3/12/08 04:33 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: When is someone else going to post images of his or her own army?

Whenever I can get around to encouraging my girlfriend to paint my models. I'm crap and she's done such a good job on some of the models that I'm paying her to do the rest.

The one problem with the Orks is that there are so many modsels to paint :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-12 10:52:16

Does anyone in this club know if people still play Dawn of war online without the expansions, or is there a way to check how many are playing?
I recently installed the game again after many years.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-12 11:07:54

I used to collect this stuff a few years ago.
Can't remember exactly what the "brand" thing i collected was. Catachan? Imperial Guard?
That sounds pretty familiar to me.

I'll have a dig around, see if i've got any pictures of my old army. It was gathering dust under my bed for months and so i eventually just threw it all in the bin. All that money... Wasted :(

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-12 11:35:17

At 3/12/08 11:07 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I used to collect this stuff a few years ago.
Can't remember exactly what the "brand" thing i collected was. Catachan? Imperial Guard?
That sounds pretty familiar to me.

Imperial Guard? I'm playing the RPG, called Dark Heresey. Randomly generated characters gave us some interesting results. I've got a 16 year old red haired cleric. She's short and has a hunched back as a mutation, which I was unlucky enough to get as a random result on one table.

I killed our Tech-Priest, as he was spouting off some heretical nonsense about the machine-god being the one true god. Colateral damage was dealt to some of the other heretics who were attacking him at the time...

I'll have a dig around, see if i've got any pictures of my old army. It was gathering dust under my bed for months and so i eventually just threw it all in the bin. All that money... Wasted :(

You know, when you've been Workshopped.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-13 16:20:52

Just got Soulstorm, its pretty decent in my opinion, I especially like the Adeptus Sororitas. Plus the some of the story elements in my opinion were quite epic. My other friend Kenny who uses Tyranids in the table top, got it a few days ago himself and just loves those crafty Dark Eldar. Just a few minutes ago we played an Insane Comp Stomp and just crushed them (Quite the akward pair of allies too Dark Eldar with the Adeptus Sororitas, good times)

Also tomorrow were gonna have a fun table top battle, Chaos vs Tyranids. Licter vs Daemon Prince. Who will be victorious? We'll find out tomorrow.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-14 07:03:51

Lictor versus Daemon Prince? Even a mere Guardsman squad can off a Lictor without much hassle.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-14 08:02:29

At 3/14/08 07:03 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Lictor versus Daemon Prince? Even a mere Guardsman squad can off a Lictor without much hassle.

For some reason, I've got a unit of Ard Boys who can take out a squad of guardsmen with gunfire. Yes, those rolls were sick and the Imperial troops sucked major balls. I almost feel sorry for Stu :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-14 18:13:09

At 3/14/08 07:03 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Lictor versus Daemon Prince? Even a mere Guardsman squad can off a Lictor without much hassle.

Yea sorry, I mixed the name up with another unit. Either way though, my friend who uses chaos forgot his stuff so instead it was Tyranids vs Adeptus Sororitas. The battle was quite hilarious, within two turns the Sororitas lost a whole squad to the Genestealers devastating Rending (9 rends man thats not funny, well it is to me), but the Sororitas got back at them by destroying 2 of 3 HQ choices (gotta love those assassins) and over 80% of the Termagaunt swarm with their Inquisitor retinue. However before they could finish it our Lunch Period ended. This Wednesday's game pits my Astartes against the same Nids. This time I wont be so stupid to charge the genestealers and rather destroy them with frag rockets.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-15 19:29:01

3 HQ choices?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-15 22:13:07

At 3/15/08 07:29 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: 3 HQ choices?

Tyranids need 3 HQ choices or units, well for the units he chose anyways.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-16 10:07:49

That doesn't quite mesh with the force organization charts.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-16 14:49:26

At 3/16/08 10:07 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: That doesn't quite mesh with the force organization charts.

Just lemme ask my friend who uses tyranids when I see him Monday at school.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-17 06:45:14

A long term army project I'm working on every now and then.

Krieg siege regiment from IA vol. 5

HQ.
Senior officer - Carapace and power weapon
Ensign - Company standard
Guardsmen (3) - Vox

Mortar battery - 3 mortars
Mortar battery - 3 mortars
Heavy Bolter battery - 3 heavy bolters
Lascannon battery - 3 lascannons
Lascannon battery - 3 lascannons

Commissar - Power weapon

Quartermaster - Carapace and power weapon

Elites
Thudd gun battery (2)

Heavy mortar battery (2) - High explosive shells

Troops
Infantry platoon 1
Junior officer - Carapace and power weapon
Guardsmen (4) - Plasma gun, meltagun and vox
Squad 1 (10) - Flamer and vox
Squad 2 (10) - Grenade launcher and vox
Squad 3 (10) - Flamer and vox

Infantry platoon 2

Infantry platoon 3

Infantry platoon 4
Squad 2 (10) - Flamer and vox

Fast Attack
Cyclops

Cyclops

Death Riders (5) - Veteran, power weapon and hunting lances

Heavy Support
Earthshaker platform - Indirect Fire

Earthshaker platform - Indirect Fire

Leman Russ Vanquisher - Lascannon, heavy stubber and extra armour

Grand total: 3.001 pts.

At the moment I busy converting a Gryphonne pattern Vanquisher into a Lucius pattern.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-18 18:42:54

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-19 07:28:41

Tyranids are so awesome, they lag Dawn Of War servers on the internet.

Believe me i've tried it.

So many gaunts....

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects that Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-20 23:09:24

I just got back into the 40k world. Damn it's expensive! (ebay for me)
Rather than reverting back to my old Space Marine army, I decided to start a daemonhunters army. So far its going well, I'll post some pics soon.

Nec Deficit Alter.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 00:51:22

Anyone here actually play Warhammer Fantasy? Read the last few pages and there's no mention of it =\

Anyway i used to play both versions like 5 years ago (Tyranids and Dark Elves) but eventually got bored. Sadly, the box my stuff was kept in was chucked away when i moved house =\
However i feel like starting again and atm i'm leaning towards High Elves (they seem pretty awesome now) So yea if any of you has had a recent experience of playing as/against them, please tell me what you think =)

down on the upside

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 02:26:48

Hey guys, does anyone have the stats from the most recent Tau Codex?

I have the 2001 version, is that the newest one for the tau?

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 05:14:17

At 3/21/08 02:26 AM, darx wrote: Hey guys, does anyone have the stats from the most recent Tau Codex?

This one is the newest and if you are asking for actual rules and / or stat lines, shame on you.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 05:15:52

At 3/21/08 12:51 AM, Randominator wrote: Anyone here actually play Warhammer Fantasy? Read the last few pages and there's no mention of it =\

Anyway i used to play both versions like 5 years ago (Tyranids and Dark Elves) but eventually got bored. Sadly, the box my stuff was kept in was chucked away when i moved house =\
However i feel like starting again and atm i'm leaning towards High Elves (they seem pretty awesome now) So yea if any of you has had a recent experience of playing as/against them, please tell me what you think =)

Dark Elves are getting their revision this Autumn, Daemons are being released this Summer. High Elves have had some revisions, they always strike first and have become even more aloof in their disregard for army organization charts.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 07:17:33

At 3/20/08 11:09 PM, Lord-Kensington wrote: I just got back into the 40k world. Damn it's expensive! (ebay for me)
Rather than reverting back to my old Space Marine army, I decided to start a daemonhunters army. So far its going well, I'll post some pics soon.

While the hobby might seem expensive people tend to forget that GW just like any other producer out there needs to advance in price over the years. Milk becomes more expensive, cars become more expensive, same for those silly plastic and pewter puppets that those crazy british sell. They need to make a living one way or the other.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 07:48:52

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

My fat will devour you all

.....Run, it hungers

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 09:37:06

heyas
i wanna join but ive only ever had one lesson at it
its the shop owner....
i like warhammer 40k but i dunno i dont have the money or something....
im gonna practice with risk the board game.....
WARHAMMER 40K FTW

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-21 19:54:20

At 3/21/08 05:14 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote:
At 3/21/08 02:26 AM, darx wrote: Hey guys, does anyone have the stats from the most recent Tau Codex?

This one is the newest and if you are asking for actual rules and / or stat lines, shame on you.

Well mine has the same cover, but I doubt its from 2006, alright thanks for the help.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-22 18:28:41

So what army does everyone use?

I'm starting to build up a tau army, here is what I have right now. I'm still building my army. My friend and I will play for fun at home, he has an eldar army, and we have small battles. I usually mix my Tau army with a space marine army.

12 Fire Warriors
2 Gun Drones
1 Hammerhead Gunship
1 Etheral

What should I get next?

I'm looking at getting Broadside, or a Shas' O

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-22 20:50:37

At 3/22/08 06:28 PM, darx wrote: So what army does everyone use?

I use Space Marines, and I should be getting Tau from a friend.

I'm starting to build up a tau army, here is what I have right now. I'm still building my army. My friend and I will play for fun at home, he has an eldar army, and we have small battles. I usually mix my Tau army with a space marine army.

12 Fire Warriors
2 Gun Drones
1 Hammerhead Gunship
1 Etheral

What should I get next?

I'd suggest another Fire Warrior Squad, then some Kroot (Meat shields are always fun). But I'm not a professional, maybe Brookman can give ye some advice.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-23 06:27:57

At 3/22/08 08:50 PM, JaconWes wrote:
I use Space Marines, and I should be getting Tau from a friend.

Thats cool, The Tau are interesting to play with, from what I've found so far.

I'd suggest another Fire Warrior Squad, then some Kroot (Meat shields are always fun). But I'm not a professional, maybe Brookman can give ye some advice.

Cool, I'll like to hear what Brookman has to say,

I'm planning on getting some more fire warriors soon, as well as Kroot. how good are sniper drones?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-03-23 10:54:12

At 3/22/08 06:28 PM, darx wrote: So what army does everyone use?

12 Fire Warriors
2 Gun Drones
1 Hammerhead Gunship
1 Etheral

What should I get next?

More Fire Warriors might be a good first step, so you can fill out the required 1 HQ, 2 Troops requirement and present enough bodies to take some hits before going down. While Kroot are often seen as a meat shield, they are excellent and cheap assault troops that when used properly can win you battles. They are a good investment, especially when given a Shaper, maybe some Hounds and deployed in cover to strike from or move through.

You also might want to get a normal Crisis Suit or Crisis Suit Commander kit first to replace the Ethereal. Commanders have access to some good wargear and are a standard requirement for Tau armies. Plus the Ethereal is a somewhat limited commander, I have not found good use for one myself as of yet.

What point value is your initial cap? 500 pts, 750 pts or 1.000 pts?

A good basic force to begin with is for example:

Crisis Commander - fusion blaster, missile pod, target lock
Stealth Team (3) - burst cannons and marker light drone
Fire warriors (12) - Shas'ui
Fire warriors (12) - Shas'ui
Kroot (16)
Hammerhead - Ion cannon and burst cannons

BBS Signature