00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,371 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-03 00:22:08

At 3/2/05 11:59 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: The people who play Dawn of War piss me off. In the months I've owned the game I've only gotten to play 3 times online, because everyone kicks me because I've only played 3 times. And I don't want to go into "n00bs only" games because they always get filled of jackasses trying to raise their score by picking on n00bs. One time I even got kicked because I wanted to play as Space Marines and the jackass who created the game wanted to see more Ork players. Makes me wonder why I even bother.

Well I can't even do that. the internet cafe that I go to has some problem with the CD keys for dawn of war, and so can only be played in LAN based matches and single player, my online record, 0 games.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-03 16:24:15

At 3/2/05 11:53 PM, RasberryCoke wrote:
At 3/2/05 01:45 PM, SeedyKay wrote: Here's a little something that was recently used on a thread to demonstrate the inquisitions official line on Pokemon
Does that count as a hug or a choke.

Choke. Hugging usually involves the lower or entire arms, not hands. The hands, as can be clearly seen in the image, are tightly locked around the neck of this filthy Pikachu specimen. Please also note the facial colour of the xeno specimen and the facial contortion of the poor man who has been ordered to touch such an abomination. (I have obviously watced CSI too much...)

Sorry for not being around alot, but school, my internship and my job are killing me, leaving me with precious little time for myself. I haven't been idle though, I just haven't been busy with things that interest most of the people here. All I can say is that keeping political prisoners locked up in the basement is a real pain. I can't wait till I get the chance to get past the stage of torture and actually cut them up before feeding them to my porcupines.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-04 20:50:58

At 3/3/05 04:24 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

All I can say is that keeping political prisoners locked up in the basement is a real pain. I can't wait till I get the chance to get past the stage of torture and actually cut them up before feeding them to my porcupines.

o_O wtf?!?!?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-04 21:06:01

hi i play 40k im a big IG fan i play with my 75th Catachan Company. I also like the new Elysian Drop Troopers but theyre too expensive. Dead from excessive bleeding caused by price gouging. anywhay i noticed there are some other IG players here. I usually play kill team missions with my catachan devils squad. and sry if im spamming idk what your rules are. kthxbye

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-04 22:49:41

okay gamesday atlanta is comin up and im gonna enter my model into the competition and I selected the new emperor's champion blister pack to make and i need some suggestions. ive got some green stuff and bitz from IG and SM sprues. I want to paint the sword like in the pic below (its a model that my uncle ed painted and gave to me)
i would enter this model but im not gonna cheat. I also want to know if anyone knows how to paint the sword like that. thanks alot

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-06 04:47:23

At 3/4/05 10:49 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote:
i would enter this model but im not gonna cheat. I also want to know if anyone knows how to paint the sword like that. thanks alot

Ask the emporor to guide your hand

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-08 17:45:38

what happened to the activity here? on the lock legion forums I find myself drowning in the posts, here the thread is getting dustier than the liber chaotica in the black library! What's going on?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-09 06:13:52

At 3/8/05 05:45 PM, -Minothor- wrote: what happened to the activity here? on the lock legion forums I find myself drowning in the posts, here the thread is getting dustier than the liber chaotica in the black library! What's going on?

We're all crusading. Them 'nids need a slappin'

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-09 08:32:41

Well, as I said before, internship, job and school are threatening my spare time. Also, I'm really closer to 500 posts, so I'm thinking of something special. Still five posts away, prepare yourselves!

But in all seriousness, my spare time has been filled with writing and reading, lot's and lot's of reading!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-09 10:18:13

At 3/4/05 10:49 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote: okay gamesday atlanta is comin up and im gonna enter my model into the competition and I selected the new emperor's champion blister pack to make and i need some suggestions. ive got some green stuff and bitz from IG and SM sprues. I want to paint the sword like in the pic below (its a model that my uncle ed painted and gave to me)

do you have citadel paints?? for that sword, i would first paint it skull white, then ica blue mixed with skull white over it. after that, paint some lines in ice blue like on that model, but leave some of the ice blue/white paint visible. then, paint the dark parts. first paint the center line with a darkend ice blue. then paint the dark parts regal blue, and then paint them midnight blue. leave a small line of regal blue on the edges. you might also paint some of that white lime (i cant translate it to english) on the sword, so it is shiney!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-09 13:20:15

Ill show you pics of my ultiment ulthwe army soon =)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-09 22:16:40

I've barely touched Abaddon since my last post and I haven't bought any models I wanted. Damn.

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen The Most Annoying Flash? I think it's the best thing to come out in a while.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-09 23:43:23

Well I have started painting my Tyranids, one gaunt at a time. My major fear is that rules may change dramatically for the nids and so my army may become illegal. Since on of the main weapons I will be using on my gaunts is spine fists I am unsure, just remember spike rifles and strangle webs...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-10 16:04:36

Don't worry Coke friend, they wont change anything too drastic for Nid players. It's been a long time since GW changed a list so drastically that people had illegal lists.

The thing I like is the sustained assault rules for the lesser broods. Why? Well, as a staunch defender of the Imperium it means more targets! They keep being recycled over and over again, which is just neat, as it really represents that humongous horde that we are faced with!

Now if we were jsut allowed to use grenades as last resort weapons for suicidal charges...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-10 16:25:07

Anyone seen the Spetznaz styling storm trooper I posted above? If yes, comments?

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-12 02:40:54

Hi i would like to join.I havent played the tabeltop game but i do have the Dawn of war demo on my computer and i am a fan of Warhammer 40,000.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-13 06:29:46

havent been here in awhile. almost 2 months. some of thoes models above look great. my cadian army is coming along nicely. i might post up a few pics later in the week.

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-13 07:17:28

ive just decided to start collecting warhammer 40k and i was wonedering whats a good army to start with

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-13 10:46:01

l say space marines with a hitch of heavy weapons squads from the imperial guard get the most expensive one the lower in price one leaves you with too many spares

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-13 10:48:52

oh my the way way does anyone on newgrounds know any good 40k websites cos there hard to come by please post l making a website on freewebs decided to 40k now if only l could remember my password and yes l send for it but l have a hacker at the moment so

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-13 11:37:18

and l add it too my website www.freewebs.com/guesswho9
still doing it l using mostly as a website to other websites l find using it a like well what you call a link website cos l dont know how to use freewebs if anyone has any better websites builders websites they know please tell me l h8 freewebs

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-13 21:28:29

You want a good army? Well, the space marine army is a good starter army. I'd think many people in this forum would agree with me on this one. Although, I do have a Blood angel army so...Yeah, Space marines.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-14 03:27:09

Oh my god Howdy Guys! Been sooo long since I post in here or even on the damn forums. Its great to be back, I just started collecting a Marines Force, Im themeing them heavily around a 3rd company Ultramarine Platoon who have been stationed on a planet that seems to be fighting 'Nids 25/7 (Not a typo :P). But they are all heavily converted and my concept paintsceme marine won my local painting comp. So I hope to get back into the swing of things and post some pictures.

Wahoo.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-14 03:41:19

At 3/3/05 04:24 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: I haven't been idle though.

I r idle.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-14 22:03:57

At 3/14/05 03:41 AM, -idle- wrote:
At 3/3/05 04:24 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: I haven't been idle though.
I r idle.

dude dont spam if you cant think of something to do with 40K then dont post

in other events, i just found out i cant go to games day in atlanta. it sucks big cojones. my emperor's champion is coming along nicely i put on a few pieces from the Commander kit i got recently and i found a vehicle storm bolter to put in his left hand kinda big but badass all the way. just wait till i paint him. in the future im thinking of starting an Elysian Drop Trooper Detachment based on the 82nd Airborne. I wonder if there are IG humvees that can be hoisted by a Valkerie? be a good conversion project....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-15 20:35:55

At 3/14/05 10:03 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote:
At 3/14/05 03:41 AM, -idle- wrote:

I wonder if there are IG humvees that can be hoisted by a Valkerie? be a good conversion project....

It'd certainly be possible to create an undercarriage and 'chute palette or if you're thinking easy, then you could mod your tanks to have hooks/connectors on top, and Hell hound fuel tanks as parachutes in auto-deploy containers (fancy name to give to avoid admitting thats its just hell hound fuel tanks)
Sorry vehicle conversions is kinda my main aspect of the hobby. Ive scratch built a 6" tall, ork dreadnought in accordance with the game rules, from random bits of plastic, the wartrukk i made can hold 2 warbuggies too. yeah, if it's ork skrap, build 'em bigg!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-15 20:37:51

At 3/15/05 08:35 PM, I wrote: Sorry vehicle conversions is kinda my main aspect of the hobby.

apologising cos i'm gibbering on about something you probably have more experience in, thus making me sound like an idiot.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-16 12:23:11

(Brace yourselves people, here comes a drunken ramble)

You know what they should bring back? Imperial Guard Suicide Bombers (AKA Human Bombs) They just fit the whole fanatical idea well. A form of last resort suicide vest would rock for general infantry though, especially when your getting thrashed in Hand 2 Hand. As Predator once said; "MOOOHAHAHAHA, MOOOWAHAHAHAA, [Bang]"

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-16 23:46:52

At 3/16/05 12:23 PM, SeedyKay wrote: (Brace yourselves people, here comes a drunken ramble)

You know what they should bring back? Imperial Guard Suicide Bombers (AKA Human Bombs) They just fit the whole fanatical idea well. A form of last resort suicide vest would rock for general infantry though, especially when your getting thrashed in Hand 2 Hand. As Predator once said; "MOOOHAHAHAHA, MOOOWAHAHAHAA, [Bang]"

Well it may be wrong, but a mis thrown demo charge is powerful and kills the thrower if scattered backwards,

note to self : *Bad always, remember to stand next to enemy when thrown at least murphys law will kill your enemies at same time*

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-17 13:12:14

Hi Kay, uh, a wee problem, our game will have to put on hold, (not that much was being done anyhow) my external HD (the one will all my effing data!) fell on the floor last night when I was packing up my laptop, the end result, over 11 gigs of irreplacable data is stuck on an effing BROKEN drive! I can't do jacks**t untill it's fixed.