00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pr1nce19 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,990 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-04 12:43:52

I can see that this is spiralling way out of hand and comprehension here so once again clarifications and statements are needed.

1. I will no longer post sprites on this BBS unless I have a damn good reason to show them. DB is having a hard time already by the ‘demands’ for all the sprites and seeing his work being tossed around so easily makes me feel bad in the process. As a reprimand he quit spriting 40k related items and characters for now. So, to keep his work his own, I’m no longer posting his hard work.

2. If you want to animate them, you'll have to do it yourself. DB has made no animations to the Space Marine sprites as of yet. And the way things are looking the Space Marine sprite will be receiving an overhaul from me, relieving DB of some of the work for more pressing matters at hand. (A small side note, the current Space Marine sprite that you are all working on has a robe over his armour.)

3. I also said that I was not going to spend any money on web space or so, this is a non-profit project. Even if $10 a month is the price, I couldn’t afford it. Also, banners and pop ups are something I detest and are out of the question. I don’t want any moderators, administrators, I want to keep this simple and manageable for me! That’s why there is no ‘WE’ for the time being. Just me and DB, as I’ll explain below at point 5.

4. I have not created this BBS thread to post daily about crap that nobody cares about. This was about getting Warhammer 40.000 known to Newgrounds through a flash format. I know that I was off topic many times and we can’t all stay on topic all time, but there has to be a line somewhere? Also, posting daily is a ridicules thing… Making a post that you are waiting for people to post…

5. Until my current situation gets better and DB's done with all the school examines, I'm putting the project of the hook for now. Too many people involved or wishing to be involved, no longer that simple to maintain. I'm going back to the roots. Me. DB. My notebook full of ideas. DB and his folder full of sprites. Don’t mail me, we’ll notify you…

I know for certain that several of these quotes will be repeated and bitched over for the time being, go ahead, I don’t care. Make fun of me all you want, call me a wuss or whatever.

(And look, I remained polite and didn’t use any foul language or bad spelling.)

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-04 15:23:41

Sorry about not posting yesterday. I was having too much fun playing Age of Empires, rounding up all my peasants, and holding down the delete key to kill them all en masse.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-04 16:52:38

im sorry about posting the sprite i was just offering a suggestion. i want to do this flash movie just as bad as u do the only problem is that i dont have any flash programs or anything, but im still willing to help in any way i can. i promise i wont post any more crap like that on here anymore. i just want to enjoy the joyful hobby that is shared by everyone in this crew. just buzz if u need anything

p

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-06 00:58:36

ehhh runescape aint all that great but i havent played in like forever soo anywhay outwar is better as far as community goes but that got really gay quick soooooooo yea fochizzle

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-06 14:43:01

A little something that I know O'Brien will like the most.

Loosing an arm.

This isn’t one of my most glorious moments in life. Okay I’ll admit it, one of the worst moments in my life. Losing an limb isn’t that great. It’s quite painful and quite the bleeder, depending on which limb it is. It all happened on the agricultural world of Catalos VIII, where those Chaos dopes decided to create another alter for one of their stupid gods. Stupid assholes. Anyway, we started out nicely, with the Astartes taking most of the brunt while we were ordered to mop things up. Then the main battle came up, you the battle that decides the fate of the planet, the entire system of the so-called ‘fate of humanity?’ Give me a break. Anyway, we were committed to support infantry as normal and were doing quite nicely until some fragging warp whore spawned wave of flying traitors attempted to harass us. Most died in their landing, actually quite funny to see them land on a wall of bayonets and swords. Stupid assholes. Anyway, one of them was wounded and decided to get some revenge. Unfortunately, the recipient is yours truly. Anyway, here’s how it happened.

As those things (‘those things’ are officially referred to as Raptors) dived in for a kill most of the waiting infantry was shouting verbal nasty things at them or making obscene hand gestures. As they got lower the infantry raised their weaponry almost as one and started blasting away at them. Most of them fell (In which I mean both dying and crash landing into the muddy ground where they were run over by a armoured vehicle or stomped and kicked by eager infantry.) but some decided to fall back. One of the sly shits had a defective jump pack and crashed near my tank. As the infantry charged to finish it off he made his move.

With a great bound the thing was on the turret, rearing it’s face to me in a split second. I dropped my mouth open in terror as I reached for my shotgun. Too slow it proved to be for me as the thing grabbed my left arm with his claw. I screamed at the top of my lunges as I felt my arm being ripped off. A white hot sting of pain surged through my body. a warm spray of blood hit me in the face as my arm was thrown away and the thing started laughing. With a scream of frustration and pain I raised my shotgun and discharged it in the faceplate at point blank range. The blast, weak at medium to long range would never dent the armour, but at this close range it simply ripped half the head off. The corpse dropped sideways and bounced off the tracks onto the muddy ground with a sick thud. Cheerfully several infantrymen were stabbing it over and over again, singing a drinking song while doing so. Dropping the shotgun down the hatch with a sudden clarity I decide to drop in. Blood from the wound softly pattered down the arm of the seat onto the base plate of the turret. ‘Skip are you okay? Sounded like quite the racket up there, what happened?’ The gunner asks as he looks up from the sights for a moment, from the look on his face I could see that he didn’t like the sight of my wound. ‘Vandire’s teeth! Get that med-pack open!’ Inside the already cramped tank the gunner and loader both scramble to aid to my wounds. ‘Here skip, this should help a bit.’ The loader says as he jams a needle in my right arm. Suddenly, I started to feel more awake and alert. Something told me that it was not the right injection. ‘Did you give him the blue injection!’ The gunner screams as he rummages through the med kit. ‘Emperor’s bowels! It hurts!’ I scream as I clumsily press a med-pack against the stump that was my left arm. ‘Shit! I’m bleeding to death here!’ The adrenaline from the blue needle washed away the numbness and returned the pain. ‘Thanks a lot mister certified surgeon!’ I wail at the loader as he tightens the med-pack on my wound. ‘Sorry sorry sorry sorry…’ Was all he could manage as he stopped the bleeding and finished up on the tightening of the med-pack. ‘We should head back and let a medic look that sir’ The gunner suggests as he mans his sights again. ‘Screw that, I already know what I miss! Besides, my arm is still lying around somewhere.’ I suddenly start laughing at what I just said. ‘Frag the arm, I’ll survive somehow. Now gun that engine and load that gun, we’ve got some traitors to kill.’ And kill we did!

Of course, the battle went without any further limb losing incidents. I didn’t find my severed arm, which is a fragging shame as I really liked both my arms. Actually, I like every part of my body equally. That, and that arm had my watch! My watch, a priceless item! Not a family heirloom, but a watch nonetheless! ‘But what about your new stump?’ I hear some people ask. After a few days I got a bionic replacement, not that bad, I just need to get used to the damned thing. That, and it looks too scary when I move it or pick up an object. I can’t wait for the Enginseer to put some synthetic flesh over it, hiding the thing away and making it look like I never lost an arm in the first place. But for now, I’m keeping it hidden away by wearing my greatcoat and gloves all the time. Of course, after this incident I once again requested to be transferred back to my original unit, but alas, they wanted my ass at the Infantry more then ever. Which would prove to be a good thing later on in my career of blowing shit up while humming ‘Lo and behold! The pride of Terra!’ with a maniacal grin on my face. Of course, after my run in with the Valhallans my life would be changed (Amongst other things I got a ‘little’ eye damage because of them, leaving me half blind for several years. Though the eye patch made me look ace! Chicks dig aces!) forever and ever. They showed me a new way of serving out with infantry.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-06 16:46:46

Greetings,

The above posted story is a previous try at a character in the forty first millenium.

+ + +

Evil... But groovy...

+ + +

As the posted picture shows, here's one of the many questionmarks for the project. How to best present spoken lines and effects, such as the discharging of an weapon. DB and I have yet to fully discuss the visual representation of this, as it is hard to think of a good way of representation. As an exanple for the special effect I used Bloodquest II: Into the Eye of Terror. Effects may vary per weapon and the situation. The Fwakkooom! effect is a sharp contrast to the normal bakkabakkabakka from a bolter on full-auto. The single shot effect is more of an visual effect to be used for dramatic scenes, where the single gunshot could propel the story into a new twist or to simply end a story by the stylish death of an character.

Other effects such as explosions or the impacts of bullets hitting bodies won't need an effect, seeing as the visual representation will do just nicely!

Though I love the novels of the Black Librairy, I'm not a big buyer of Black Librairy comics. Some constructive feedback on how to best incorperate this is much welcomed.

Also, please do NOTE that this is a alpha version. The font of the sound effect and the balloon structure of the text are only temporairy.

+ + +

Until further notice,

This is Lieutenant Brookman, signing off.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-07 15:45:22

wow nice story!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-10 13:28:08

I was wondering where i can get some Warhammer 40k pictures from , id appreciate it greatly if somebody could post a link, ive looked but couldnt find a site, thanks!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-10 14:47:32

try google. just surf around you can get a ton of pics

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-10 15:12:53

At 12/10/03 02:47 PM, Plato89 wrote: try google. just surf around you can get a ton of pics

yeh thats what ive done, but all the pics were sketches. i need actual colour pics , sorry ot make a fuss, oh btw, i posted earlier in this topic but didnt get a reply , just wondering if an members have read "storm of Iron" ?? a great Warhammer 40K book!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-10 16:23:18

Now why did why did I write this? It's in my massive archive of mis-adventures.

Trains, why do I hate trains...

The wind whips me in the face as the scenery shoots by. My left thumb hovers over the activation rune of my chain sword, my right hand clenching my trusted stub revolver. Standing before me, six maybe seven meters away, is a ganger. Sure, a ganger you say. This one is feral, female and carries two short swords. Dumb bitch. Either she has a great sense of drama or a real death wish. ‘Harris, power up to 80%, I want to go faster.’ A curt acknowledgement comes through my receiver as I raise my sidearm. The scenery shoots by even faster, making me wish I knew what I’m doing. With a scream she jumps forward, letting the momentum of the train move herself to me even faster. Before I could even react I was down.

Wind rushes past my head, ruffling my hair. As I blink I see the rail beneath my feet and a green landscape shoot by in front of me. Recap! What happened. The last thing I remember before lights out was that I was standing on a speeding train, repelling boarders, facing the possible leader and ordering the train to go even faster. So where am I now? Looking down more seriously I can see that I’m dangling half a meter above the ground. I release a sigh of relief, good thing I hooked on a safety line. But about my adversary, where did that bitch go! ‘Looking for something!’ I look up and see her sawing through the safety line. ‘Or should I say someone!’ I fire my gun once upwards to buy me some time. As she ducks away I turn and solidly place my feet against the side of the wagon. I aim at the window and look away, better not to get blind from glass shards, that would be stupid. I blow the window and drop in, feeling several sharp cuts across my face from the glass. I pull a shard out with my left hand. Didn’t I hold something there… My sword! I was holding it in my left hand… Good going captain smarter! You lost your sword! As I attempt to reach for my knife the revolver is kicked from my hand in a sudden blur of motion. It’s the bitch again. Unarmed this time. Idly standing there, laughing in mock at me, eyes playful. This is probably going to bring me into a whole new world of pain.

I never excelled at close combat, so I won’t even start about unarmed combat.

I raise my fists and take a crude fighting stance. I’m doomed or in the best case scenario I’ll get my ass kicked. She waves at me, challenging me to attack. ‘Bitch!’ I boast as I lunge forward, swinging my right fist forward. I hit air and that’s not good, not good at all. She dodges and stands next to me. I try to elbow her, but fail miserably as she blocks it and punches the side of my head. I stagger backwards and try to raise my defence, but in avail. A flurry of punches hit my armour, absorbing most of the blows followed by three slack kicks and a spin kick to the face. I should have worn a helmet… The spin kick throws me backwards, sliding down the aisle to a halt. I try to reach for my belt.

+ + +

Daisy walks over to the wretch she just beat. She laughed at the weakness of the officer. These men should be a real challenge most of the times, but he was weak, slow and pathetic. He’s out cold now, better tie him up quickly before he wakes up. She grabs him by the collar with both hands and bends over, looking at the closed eyes. ‘You’re weak…’ The eyes shoot open and Daisy feels a sharp red hot pain in her gut. Looking down she can see a bayonet jammed in her belly. Letting go of the Imperial she grabs her gut and sags to her knees.

+ + +

I groggily get up and look at the ganger. She tries to keep her gut together. I’d better end this now. I have never been savage to other humans, even traitors, but this was an exception. My right boot lashes out and hits her under the chin. She falls backwards with a scream. I stoop over and pull out my knife with a spurt of blood. Its warm and sticky, making me feel sick inside. Stay mean, do it. Show them that you are in charge here! I retrieve my pistol and aim it at her head. “Traitor!” I spat as I looked away and pulled the trigger. The blast spattered me and the interior in blood, brain and bone fragments. ‘Shit!’ From outside came cries of disbelief and terror.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-10 21:34:47

***BEGIN TRANSMISSION***

***Am posting to report that I am not dead, despite my extended absence. Have collected three bounties on traitor scum. Will post again tomorrow if the Warp Entities don't eat through my skull first.***

***END TRANSMISSION***

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-11 03:41:59

Greetings,

Sivak, why kill your own peasants when you can send them out to war alongside your own army? Rise of Nations allows you to turn your lowly peasants into AK47 weilding partisans! While the Norse in Age of Mythology have a special power that turns the peasants into berzerker mad axe weilding vikings! These tactics showed the enemy how weak he actually was, caring about the lives of his peasants more then the lives of the troops fighting under him... Failing a good army there is only one weapon: Peasant Rush!

Also, eyeing that animated picture you had under post, can I conclude that you are paranoia or plain careful?

That, and which army do you actually collect? I know you said it somewhere before, but it must have slipped my mind Lord Inquisitor.

+ + +

Anyway, I've been thinking of giving the characters in the comic each his or her own text font for spoken lines. So give it a think over, but try to keep it readable and if the font is a non-standard XP included, please e-mail me it, so I can add it to the archived comic resources. (As I try to demonstrate below) The exclusive font per character should add some more character to the characters and make individuals of them. The font that I use, Sylfaen©, is as a perfect accent to show that I'm a well mannered person. You don't believe me, ask O'Brien, he knows all about me and my good manners. But a brute should do well with a crude font and aliens do well with special fonts.

+ + +

A book worthy of reading: 'For the Emperor: Commissar Ciaphas Cain, hero of the Imperium, respected by his peers and an inspiration to his men - at least that’s what the distorting lens of history would have you believe. The reality is very different, for Ciaphas is simply looking for an easy life and to serve his time as Commissar without getting killed. But fate has a habit of throwing him into the deadliest situations, and luck (mixed with fear) always manages to pull him out and throw him onto the loftiest of pedestals. As always, Commissar Cain must dodge, bluff and trick his way out of trouble, even if it increases his status as a legendary beyond control!'

This book is one of the best I've read thusfar, especially because the 'hero' tries to squirm his way out of every lethal situation. That and the regiment he's assigned to is cross gendered (meaning man and women fight alongside eachother.), this should make it a bit more interesting for you chaps.

+ + +

Regards,

Lt. Brookman
Scribe, Warrior and retired veteran.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-11 06:25:56

I believe that coming across mounds of dead bodies will impress an image of bad-assedness upon my foe. Also, the peasents scream when they die.

As for my army, I collect the Beasts Of Tyran, for they are the most interesting Xenos to put under a scalpel.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-12 04:34:07

Gyaaaah!

Brain overloading from psychic shock! It's too much for me to bear!

'THQ today announced Warhammer 40,000; Dawn of War, the first real-time strategy title in its agreement with PC development studio Relic Entertainment and the next game to come out of its licensing deal with Games Workshop for Warhammer 40,000. Details on the game are pretty thin right now, but we do know that this real-time strategy game for the PC will be set in the dark, futuristic, fantasy tabletop war game universe popularized by Games Workshop and adored by millions of fans worldwide. Alex Garden, CEO of Relic says that his company's game will bring to life the greatest moments of the tabletop game, and deliver "genre-defining front-line combat scenarios." We'll see. The first game under THQ's license, Warhammer 40,000: FireWarrior, was released earlier this year on the PlayStation 2, released in fall 2003.'

THQ is the publisher of the Fire Warrior craze and Relic, for those people who lived in an assboat for the last five years is known for Homeworld, Homeworld 2 and Impossible Creatures.

Check it here meatheads!

My only laments are these:
1. Which engine will be used?
2. Will there be resource gathering? (I hope not, gathering resources isn't something that fits in the 40K system!)
3. Which armies are included? (From the article I could conclude Chaos, so loyalist space marines are also included and most certainly Imperial Guard.)
4. What will be the maximum unit limit allowed?
5. Will the game be based on the normal 40k game system or the Epic system?

These are just some important thoughts from my side, making me worry. Again, this game could have potential, that could be raped and molested by the game developer. (Homeworld 2 wasn't that great and Impossible Creatures? Don't get me started!) Oh well, I shall await this title with ll the giddy-ness and such crap you get when a game is being developed that you really like.

That, and the title sounds a bit dingy to me. 'Dawn of War?' excuse me, but the war has been on for ten thousand years now! And I doubt that the game will be based on the Horus Heresy, 'cause thats still being developed by GW themselves.

Anyway, you be the judges for yourselves!

+ + +

The proud banner bearer of the 5th Company!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-12 17:24:26

Good. W40K makes a better RTS than FPS.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-13 17:33:35

Thought for the day:

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-13 19:35:14

And when the shit hits the fan, you want a fecophiliac.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-14 05:50:52

Have you peeps seen the new Immolator of the upcoming Witchhunters Codex? Now thats a vehicle of the Imperium! Just look at all those relics, charms and other religious items bolted to the armour! This one makes the Forge World version look like a looted vehicle!

But seriously, that new Immolator has some nice parts that would do nicely on some of my own tanks. Afteral, some relics or charms bolted to our hull can do miracles! Another model to add to my 'wanted' list!

+ + +

Another part of the life of me, at the outset of the so-called treasure hunt.

+ + +

Once outside I can already see the base coming back into life. Guardsmen stand in line for their breakfast at the cantina, Munitorium staff begin their daily task of managing the supplies, commissars and provosts maintain order and the tech priests bumble incomprehensive crap to machines. I make my way over to the officers mess, a crude large dining hall for the junior officers and their NCOs. The senior officers dine in a large bunker like building next to the command centre and the “Sledgehammer of the Emperor”. As I enter the mess I can already smell the daily grub that we are supposed to eat for breakfast; Cakes made from seaweed imported all the way from Khai Zhan, strong locally brewed caffeine and some kind of broth like paste that acts as a substitute for roasted egg. Sure its bad, but not as bad as having to eat the crap they serve at the front line. Or even worse, not being able to eat because of bad logistics. I grab a metallic plate and a tin cup and let the kitchen attendant scoop and slam a glob of crap on it. After filling my cup I move over to my usual breakfast companions: Sergeant Harris, the personal aide of Captain Goedhart himself. He’s a zealot in faith, never disobeying an order, never giving up, but a real pain in my ass. Next to him sergeant Nieuwehuizen, leader of 1st squad. A young Cadian woman with good looks and a apatite for danger and adventure, she is loved by her squad and outside my platoon many guardsmen have competed for her favor. Sergeant Jacquemijns, leader of 2nd squad. A brash sergeant who is loved by his men for his somewhat radical combat tactics and low mortality rate. Junior Enginseer Sloep, who maintains a Chimera and is known for his run ins with the tech priests for modifying his vehicle too much. And of course lieutenant Hengeveld and his aide sergeant Arend who both sit at the tables end. They are from second platoon. Especially Hengeveld is loathed by the men for his ruthless tactics and battle doctrines. Not a zealot and he’s defiantly not doing it for shits and giggles. His aide is a silent pessimistic guy, he doesn’t go out, but prefers to stay in. “Mornin’ guys.” I say as I sit down and read the a data slate passed to me by Harris. “No heat, no movement, no nothing… Another night without incidents.” I look up and see Nieuwehuizen, Jacquemijns, Sloep and Harris grin at me. “What? Did I forget to zip up? Is there a speck on my uniform!” They shake their head in unison. “Okay, tell me before I get a commissar to shoot you for officially freaking me out!” Harris slips a piece of folded paper towards me. ‘Top Secret’ he mouths as I pick it up. I fold it open and see a rough map of the continent that we are on right now. “And? It’s just a fragging map.” Again they shake their heads in unison. “Gaah, stop doing that!” Sloep reaches over and points at a red X on the map. “Don’t you get it? This is a…” He looks round with suspicion. “Treasure map!” For a second I look at the piece of paper before I almost shit my pants of laughter. “Sorry guys, but when you were listening to the wonders of treasure hunting back at the Schola I was already killing alien scum.” (Hey it’s true, I joined up with the Youth Army when I was 14! I got my chainsword when I was 17 and scored a girl that previous year!) “So, please, tell me. Where did you get this little child’s doodle?”

+ + +

When there are no more enemies to vanquish, instead of howling and raving for more, relax and grab a book. Read! Because the Emperor hates you illiterate f*cks!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-15 14:40:34

What are specifications of the system? If the parts really are two years old then you wont be able to run much of the current century games such as Firewarrior, Battlefield 1942 and Call to Duty.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-15 16:15:20

I'm trying to supress a mix of laughter and pity here, for 6 gigs as a HD isn't alot. Heck, we don't even sell 6 gigs HD's any more... (Today we sell 60 GB HD's as a standard) Anyway, don't take me too serious here, in fact ignore the part above.

Here are some recommendations:

- 2.4 Ghz CPU (With which I mean central processing unit, such as Intel or AMD)
- 256 MB RAM (Minimal)
- 64 MB AGP Graphics card (Minimal if you want to run some of the games of this era)
- At least a 20 GB HD (Games nowadays can take up to three gigs in space)
- A motherboard compatible with the above mentioned CPU (Such as the Asus P8S800 or one of the Intel boards)

These are just some guidelines for a system that can run stuff of these days.

+ + +

That and Doom celebrates it's tenth birthday! DB found this sick puppy on the web. It's really cool, gory and just plain doom!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-16 16:18:30

ehh better than using nukes to create MAD all around the earth.

anywhay..... finals suck i hate finals

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-16 16:20:54

Greetings,

Quite an invention that gun. It's not a pussy weapon dork! Those men risk their lives each day for what? A shitty goverment! But anyway, its a neat looking combi-weapon, comprising of an Israeli assault rifle (most likely the Galil) and a low calibre handgun in the front piece for looking round the corners. Curved weapons have gone a long way since their first versions at the start of the previous century. And if somebody can create a mastepiece then the Israeli's will. (Afterall, they created the Desert Eagle!)

+ + +

Yesterday I have worked on the fine tuning of the plasmapistol and the 'Gate' marking on the Cadians right shoulderpad. The result of this experimentation can be seen below.

Also, tonight I'm starting work on the creation of a Cadian pattern Sentinel. I'm aiming at recreating it as detailed as possible. Don't expect an quick result, this'll take me long nights.

The Imperium has several variant of the robust Sentinel, each pattern named after the planet of Forge World where it hails from.

Armageddon - Has a lascannon and armoured crew compartment.
Cadia - Has a autocannon and extra armour.
Catachan - Has a heavy flamer, rough terrain mod.(A massive chainsaw that counts as an +1 attack in the assault phase - Chainsaw Warriors!) and camo netting.
Mars - Multi-laser
Powerlifter - Powerfist

With these at random inspirations and changes the list is constantly growing and growing.

+ + +

Sivak, seeing as you know a crapload about the 'Nids, I'd like to know the basic stats of the 'Genestealer' and 'Gaunt' type of Tyranid classified xenos. I'm cooking up something weird again and I need to know their stats, especially their armour saves and respective strength.

+ + +

As for a great stress reliever I suggest Postal 2 to all the adult people around. Sure it has ultra violence, foul language and sick humour, buts it's a game!

I use all kinds of violent games as stress relievers. There's not a slim chance that I'll be hurting any people in my direct vicinity!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-16 16:26:54

At 12/16/03 04:18 PM, Plato89 wrote: ehh better than using nukes to create MAD all around the earth.

anywhay..... finals suck i hate finals

There is nothing wrong with the cleansing spheres that atomics produce, they ensure that a planet can still be used by the Emperor's most loyal subjects. And remember! It's far better to drop them on the enemy then on yourself!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-17 03:16:04

No,

I own the rule book. The third editon Warhammer 40.000 rules book. The current one that is. The one with the Black Templar marines on the front and where the army lists are nine out ten times wrong, obsolete and incorrect. I don't trust that book for basic 'Nid stats, seeing as the Tyranid codex is far more trustworthy then the main rulebook, which is more of a basic rules plus some background information book.

The basic rule book is most usefull for its basic rules (excluding the assault rules, check Chapter Approved 2003 for the new Trial Assault Rules, which clarify and broaden the assault rules.), the random terrain editor, the battles section, experience points and the section on narrative games.

The army lists in the book are more of a throwback to the second edition lists, just look at the Space Marine list and the Imperial Guard lists. Also, some of the more sophisticated equipment and wargear is left out, with the notion that you should 'check out the new upcoming Codex for those rules.'

+ + +

Anyway, the Sentinel is proving to be a hardy construct to sprite. So I'll be asking DB to help out occasionally with the legs and cockpit section. The crew and autocannon will be done by me. Also on the list of finetuning and detail adding is the Chainsword, which in normal size looks bulky and somewhat superdeformed, in the detailed size it'l look a tad more, chain-like.

I'm going to ask DB to go and get some Catachan's done. Bulky frames, muscular arms and all baby! That and perhaps some xeno thing such as an Eldar or a Genestealer.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-17 15:45:02

I do think the new Warhammer 40k rules are much more streamlined than previous editions. Especially with vehicles and psionic powers.

But then again, I prefer stargrunt myself... *hides*

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-17 18:23:09

At 12/17/03 05:34 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote: I have my own forum now-

http://warhammercrew.proboards24.com/index.cgi

your all welcome to join.Sivak if you join tell me your username, i'll make you a moderator.I hope you use your powerwisely Inquisitor ^^

E-mail is sivakn@hotmail.com. Have a blast.

Lieutenant, I shall shortly post the statblocks for Gaunts and Genestealers. May you use this information to 'discourage the Hive from impeding on Imperial soil'.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-17 18:44:39

Basic Gaunt

WS BS S T W I A L Sv
3 3 3 3 1 4 1 5 6+

The Gaunt is the 'worker' of the Hive, performing the menial tasks and acting as a bolt sponge for the battlefield. Though weak, they attack in massive numbers, overwhelming defensive positions and front lines in a wave of chitin. It is wise to keep them at bay rather than focusing on exterminating them, and look for larger bionids that may be the leaders [ref.subfile4/batrep/Tyranid/Warrior]. Once the synapse beasts are dealt with, organization breaks down, and they can be massacred with impunity.

The Gaunt is highly adaptable, and hundreds of variations are possible. As a root genus, they can be modified to fill any role.

Genestealer

WS BS S T W I A L Sv
6 0 4 4 1 6 2 10 6+

The Genestealer is the scout and infiltrator of the Hive, able to operate independent of the Hive Mind. Highly intelligent and possessing a modicum of independence, they can hide quite effectively in the background of a planets ecosystem collecting data on the native life forms. In combat, they are effective in melee only and it is highly advisable to prevent them from closing. Their claws are capable of ripping open power armor like paper.

The Genestealer shows a small amount of variability.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-20 12:51:35

Weeheehee ! I finaly managed to get out of this damned hospital even after all this surgery !

Now to get in the actual stuff...

As always Forgeworld make some magnific stuff, and this time I think that I'll finally give up and command some of those new Tarantula guns. A great addition to a Blood Angel's type army in firepower (also they don't move so I'm sure they'll fire correctly :P ). Unless of course if I find one second hand coming directly from this good ole Space Crusade box. :)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-22 07:21:24

At 12/21/03 11:34 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote: lol i'd hope so.I stationary weapon missing a big target is sad.What's it's BS?

I'm missing for some of the rules... but I have the stats :
BS : 2 Front : 10 Side : 10 Rear : 10 Pts : 15
Twin linked heavy bolter, Twin linked lascannons for +10pts

Destroyed by Glancing or Penetrating hit
Immobile
Must be deployed as battery
Setup in either defence of sentry mode

I'd say, it worth a space marine, it last as long as a space marine, but it have an heavy weapon and don't move. It worth a try.

At least it look more viable than a devastator "lets smash them with a cannon" squad.