00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pr1nce19 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,992 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-20 14:40:10

Greetings,

A quick note on veteran squads in the Imperium.

Veteran Squads are meant to be more of an break off from the army. Sure, they can pack quite a punch, have better stats and acces to lots of nice equipment. But veteran squads allow you to create a squad that really stands out from the rest of the army.

Space Marines in total: Veterans most likely have scars, either ritual or battle scars, most marines wear these with pride, showing that they are veterans. (Though some chapters see scars and such as mutilation or even worse. In example is brother captain Tycho of the Blood Angels, who has a half paralysed face, hence he wore a master crafted mask, covering the scarred side of his face.) Also, veterans have more purity seals then others. Perhaps out of honour, perhaps out of superstition. Afterall, extra faith is always welcome in the galaxy of the forty first millenium. And their armour and weaponry are far more decorated with golden designs, aquilla's and chapter markings, alongside battle honours and victories.

Individual chapter notes:
Ultramarines: Ultramarine veterans have the normal armour like all their brethren, but their helmets are white, denoting that they are members of the prestigious 1st company.

Dark Angels: Dark Angel veterans are most likely induced into on of the layers of the inner circle and are allowed to wear bone white robes over their armour.

Blood Angels: Blood Angel veterans are most likely induced into the assault squads and honour guard squads. Assault squads have yellow helmets and the honour guard squads golden, denoting the honour bestowed upon them for guarding an important character or burial shroud.

Space Wolves: Space Wolves veterans are most likely induced into the ranks of the long fangs, where they're patiance is most usefull, as they don't charge the enemy just like that anymore. They have been tempered by the years of combat.

Crimson Fists: Veterans of this chapter most likely have both their gauntlets painted red, denoting that they have had both their wrists slit in the ceremony of mixing blood.

Black Templars: Black Templar veterans most likely carry more purity seals, do not have to adopt neophytes and are allowed tofight alongside the Marshall. Important: Black Templar veterans are commonly reffered to as Sword Brethren.

The Imperial Guard. Most Imperial Guard veterans that survive long enough and are willing to give it another go in the killingfields are most likely veteran sergeants and the personal of an Officers personal command squad. (Men such as medics and standard bearers.) But it may occur that an Imperial Guard regiment has been in combat for prolonged times and as an result, the few survivors that remain are some of the meanest Guardsmen around. These men are regrouped into squads and distributed amongst regiments to bolster the regiment. They can also perform recon and hit and run operations.

Imperial Guard veteran squads: Guard veterans are recognized by their uniforms, which can be a motly mix of uniforms or highly ornamental. Veteran sergeants most likely carry officer wargear (Such as plasma or bolt pistols, carapace armour or in the really rare cases a powerweapon or even an power fist), which they acquired over the years of combat. Troopers may have replaced or ditched their lasgun for other low tech weapons, such as the shotgun, autogun or a pistol plus close combat weapon. Veterans are also more likely to receive bionic enhancements, should their wounds require such an treatment.

But, the winning factor with Imperial Guard veterans has to be that they make for great themed squads! I'm thinking of theming my Hardened Veterans squad after the famous Colonial Marines team from 'Aliens' Sure, it's not that original, but they've got some really cool characters. (Hicks, Vasquez, Apone, Drake and ofcourse 'Game over man!' Hudson.)

I'll post a rundown of the squad lateron.

+ + +

Forge World has been posting new marine creations! Haven't you seen the MK. IV Predator! And the reason it's Tau city out there it's because:
1. The Tau could use some extra vehicles, sentry guns and aircraft.
2. Fire Warrior has been released, so go figure.

And my instinct tells me that soon something new for the Imperial Guard should come about, cause afterall, Forge World started out with giving the men in flak more vehicles. So something tells me that we'll get more tanks or aircraft!

Lt. Brookman

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-21 17:36:27

Greetings,

1. On the Imperial Navy.
The Vulture and Valkyrie use the same chassis. I'm not sure which model was first in fluff terms, but in real world terms the Valkyrie was around first, followed by the gunship variant known as the Vulture. The main difirence between the Vulture and the Valkyrie is that the Vulture sacrifices the cargo capabilites of the Valkyrie (which can carry either a full storm trooper squad, two sentry guns, either with heavy bolters or lascannons or two Cyclops remote demolition vehicles.) for a broader arsenal of weaponry. The Valkyrie can only mount a nose mounted multi-laser/lascannon, two heavy bolter doorguns and two hellstrike missiles mounted under the wings. The Vulture on the other hand is a mean bitch when it comes to payloads. An empty Vulture has a nose mounted heavy bolter and can be upgraded to carry: wing mounted- lascannons, autocannons, multi-lasers, hunter killer missiles, missile launchers, rocket pods, hellstrike missiles, heavy bombs or fuel tanks. Thats quite a mouthfull... And quite a pain in the ass for an enemy which isn't prepared for enemy airsupport.

2. Eartshakers and Space Marines.
Heavy ordnance weapons would NOT fit in with the Codex Astartes and the Space Marine dogma of fighting. Ordnance weapons require great care when used, especially in placing and preparing them. Space Marines mostly rely on lightning strikes, blitzes and fast assaults. Heavy weaponry will only slow them down and won't allow them the great mobilty over greater distances (ranging from continents to starsystems).

3. The Tau in the EOT Campaign.
The main reason in my opinion that the Tau gained soo much is that the Imperial forces were too focused on the traitor forces that we lost eye on the xenos. The Orks and 'Nids also have gained much, too much! The Tau won't threaten the Cadian Gate, they have to get through the Space Wolves and other marine chapters first! Though the Tau gained much (They can be seen as the great winner from the campaign) it will only be a matter of time before the Imperium starts a second Damocles Crusade, bringing back the worlds lost to us, one way or the other! (That means that you can start stroking the big red E-button again Inquisitors!) The Tau ahve expanded radically, they might have overreached and may be weak. Though this is only some random specualtion from an Imperial tacticians point of view.

4. My project.
Much to Dorkboy's (And perhaps also yours after reading this) delight I've found an inspiration for the comic, in other words I'm penning down the script for the first comic. Can't say much about it now, cause it would spoil some things. All I can say is that it features Dark Angels (happy bitch?), Steel Legion, Iron Warriors, Death Guard and siege warfare. That's all I can say for now.

5. About the sprites.
DB and I would like it very much if somebody here (hint hint hint) would stop saying that the sprites are ripped from Megaman games. Yes they are BASED on Megaman sprites, but not ripped! Ripping sounds like we are doing something lousy and not worth the effort.

6. New character introduction.
One of my old buddies inspired me to do a Chaos character. Here's a rundown and some stats:
Name: Gurzahl Destroyer of worlds
About himself: Hi ! im like, SO into cute stuff !
Like cute cuddly wuddly bunnies !
Hey, i know ! lets be pen pals !

No ? you dont want to ?
Be my pen pal or i will send you a human organ every weekend !

Favorite things: Foolish mortal !
I, Gurzahl the destroyer, have no 'favorite thing'

Mortals tremble at the sight of my shadow !
Children pray to the gods that i pass as they hear my footsteps !

Actually, i do like cookies alot..

Hobbies and interests: Hmm, what could i be intrested in...
I know ! this one day, there was this foul stench coming from my feet.
I am still intrested in what it was.

As for hobbies :
I like eating limbs.

7. FOR THE EMPEROR!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-22 04:55:03

Please forgive my fragging memory for not recalling that the name was from 8-bit theatre! I saw this in his MSN profile, not from the 8-bit theatre site. Perhaps I should quit entirely, seeing as I 'borrow' alot of other things from the 40k universe!

Here's a lil' something quickly thrown together, I do hope that ya'll can see the point.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-23 17:21:08

At 11/19/03 02:35 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Hey,

Forge World has posted new pics of the Orca dropship and holy crap, this thing is sweet!

i heard something about a new Thunderhawk gunship coming out is that true? just asking and plz dont start laughing and call me a noob b/c with school and everything i dont have the time i would like to have to spend on my Marines (even though they are battle ready, save for a few my brother destroyed) so yea there is my question plz respond

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-24 09:41:20

Hey, Plato.

I know you're new to NG and all, but as a warning: People 'round bouts don't take kindly ta ya'll Outwar folks.

And now see our new ovens...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-24 12:48:03

The big 200

First, a clarification.
These sprites are all DB's property and his alone. He cannot be sued by any company to which these sprites used to belong according to this law: "If the original concept is altered for atleast 75 to 80%, it can be seen as the creators own." So, to further clarify: the sprites DB has created are BASED on Megaman sprites, and the only semi-original thing remaining is the face, the rest is all sprited from scratch or overhauled big time. In simpleton words: DB cannot be sued, for he has 'changed' the sprites for more then 90%. But on the other hand; he can sue people that use his sprites without permission. And that's not a joke. That and his sprites are original, not ripped, stolen or borrowed from other sprite comics and such.

So, please, quit the warnings and such. Else DB and I consider quiting all together.

+ + +

The special 200th post thing.
And here it is... Something special, why it's a wallpaper. If you don't like it, instead of telling me that it's stupid or so, atleast give DB some praise for his time and effort for the creation of something this grand. This can be seen as a major stepstone towards the comic. Again, this is not borrowed, stolen or ripped from other on-line sprite comics.

+ + +

Plato,

Forge World has already created a Thunderhawk in two versions, both the normal vanilla chapter and the Daemonhunters version.

For future referance I refer to these respective links:
Daemonhunters
Space Marines

+ + +

To be kept up to date to all the happenings in and around the hobby I refer to these handy links:

40k Previews
The Black Librairy (Known for publications such as 'Warriors of Ultramar,' 'Gotrek and Felix' and the 'Blood Quest' trilogy.)
Games Workshop news page (UK)

+ + +

Wallpaper F.A.Q.

To clarify some of the things on the wallpaper, here is a simple FAQ.

1. The scene depicted is between a unit of Cadians and a mob of seperatists.
2. The Imperials attempted to gain entry through multiple points, hence the corpses strewn around the place.
3. The headless corpse on the first floor received a well deserved headshot, hence the missing head and blood spatters on the wall.
4. The Kasrkin infiltrate through the roof, after a wave of Guardsmen failed in their attempt.

+ + +

Also, I have been considering the purchase of a single squad of Space Marines and an Dreadnought, as an showcase project. My only con to purchasing it is that I have no idea which chapter I should paint them in. Any ideas are welcome, just keep it f*cking constructive.

Chapters I've thought about:
1. Ultramarines
2. Crimson Fists
3. Black Templars

+ + +

Until my dying day, I shall fight and kill...
Until my dying day I shall show zeal and pray...
Until my dying day, I shall command and win...
Until my dying day I shall deny life to those not deserving!

- Oath of loyalty of Cadian Officers cadre

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-24 23:01:31

At 11/24/03 09:41 AM, Sivak wrote: Hey, Plato.

I know you're new to NG and all, but as a warning: People 'round bouts don't take kindly ta ya'll Outwar folks.

And now see our new ovens...

it gotten kinda gay lately but i was just seeing who played it and all plus our crew needs more recruits but i starting to not give a fuck anymore. anywhay can anyone answer my question: are they coming out with a new Thunderhawk?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-24 23:06:24

At 11/24/03 12:48 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
Black Templars

yes black templars all the way i like them alot!!! if not crimson fists oh and thatnks 4 the links u helped me out alot and nevermind my last comment i dont read

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-25 10:07:06

At 11/24/03 10:26 AM, Sgt_OBrien wrote

you posted this befor...

Have I? Shit, I need to get some more pics.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-25 16:14:06

Greetings,

I've been playing a wonderfull demo lately, it's really one of the best games this year. It has everything:

1. Hardboiled John Woo styled action
2. Interseting storyline with twists and turns
3. Lovable characters (A Russian named Mike the Cowboy?)
4. Stunning graphics and details (Not to mention the asshole physics!)

Inspired by this and a sprite created by DB, I've modified it a tad. Result below!

If you're looking for me, I'll be slo-mo diving through a warehouse, gunning down mobsters and taking names!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-26 15:50:20

Greetings,

1. Uhm, O'Brien, thats a nice Auspex, but I've included it on my list, I just used the Munitorium designated name, not the Astartes one.'

Space Marines say: Auspex (A high tech definition)
Sisters of Battle say: Scanner (A simple, yet effective definition)
Imperial Guardsmen say: Surveyor (An expensive sounding definition)

Though I seem to notice that Guard slang is being used by the Astartes.

Space Marines say: melta gun (The official name of the weapon)
Imperial Guardsmen say: cooker ('Cause it makes the 'skin go pop!' - Some random Cadian with a meltagun)

One more for the die-hards!

Space Marines say: Greenskins
Sisters of Battle say: Orks
Imperial Guardsmen say: Skins

2. And why yes, I've been playing Max Payne 2: the fall of Max Payne. It's quite immersive (The same gritty inner dialogue of Max, even more!!! mindboggling then the first!), hard boiled action (Sawed off shotgun in slow-motion anybody?) and humerous (Sorry I can't welcome you Max! I'm busy dodging bullets and hiding beneath dead people!). characters.

Until then! *Dives through a window while firing two beretta's at a mob of mooks*

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-26 17:27:07

how do u make those sprites? it looks really cool and i have some ideas that i want to try making

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-26 20:29:58

At 11/25/03 01:38 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote:
At 11/25/03 10:07 AM, Sivak wrote: Have I? Shit, I need to get some more pics.
lol i'm sure you have a crap load.Insted of most troopers of the Imperial Guard who have a box of xxx under there bunks, Inquisitors have funny pictures.I'm sure you all swap pictures of the looks on people's faces when you tell them your going to Exterminus thier planet like 'pokemon' cards.^^ lol

Most of my pictures are of various popular icons in incriminating poses, to be used at a later date.

And yes, the look on their face is funny. Sort of when I break up a Daemon cult ring. I'll nail the leader with a booby-trapped porta-potty that slaps a big red 'Heretic' sign on his back and fires them past the security cameras, just to see the look on his face.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-27 11:36:28

True, but could you imagine the number of models they would face against a 2,000 pt. 'Nid army?

Here's some basic math

32x6=182 for only 1274 pts.

And thats just the troops.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-27 16:20:23

In an Guard army of 2.000 points you easily field 280 men for the point cost of 1.760 points Thats five full platoons (each platoon concists of 55 men) each with five ten-man (60 pts per squad) squads and five-man command squad (40 pts per squad) and a single five man HQ section (55 points, including the four extra guardsmen that help out with the commander).

Though I guess that when facing 'Nids it would be a tad messy... Though the men in flak with their massive troop sections easily outnumber the troops of the 'nids! This makes me wonder, do you guys think such a force of only lasguns could make a stand against a sea of rending claws and sharp teeth?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-28 10:50:53

A Carnifex (aka. Tyranid can-opener) with Scythig Talons gets 3 attacks AT LEAST, is treated as having power weapons in CC, can attack multiple targets, has strength 10 and adds 2d6 for armor penetration against vehicles. with a few good rolls, it could rip a Baneblade in HALF.

Give that bitch a Barbed Strangler and you have a Str 8 Assault Ordinance weapon. That would rip CHUNKS out of a Guard force.

Its a good thing 'Nid players can only field 3 of these things.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-28 17:25:35

Greets,

Did all you Americans have a nice gluttony day? Kill any injuns with your boomsticks?

+ + +

And that is why our most blessed and revered Emperor created Space Marines, the perfect pedigree for 'Nids and xeno's alike!

Ofcourse, their weaker brothers of the Imperial Guard will man the second line of defence in such cases with some heavy artillery, tanks and ofcourse help of their hated brethren of the Imperial Navy in the form of lance strike orbital bombardments and the occasional strafing runs from Thunderbolts, Lightnings and the rare Marauder Destroyer.

Only when that horde has been reduced to a mass of twitching, mutilated and charred mess of ichor, flesh and bone, shall we advance and smash the big bugs that decided to stay behind the lines. Ofcourse, the noble brothers of the Adeptus Astartes may take point, they are far better suited for this ordeal. We'll just stay in the trenches and continue to pummel some bugs until the big ones are dead and gibbed.

+ + +

Oh, and a Guard force versus and Marine force has a good chance of surival! Not just because the Guardsmen outnumber the marines, but even Marines miss. All the Guardsmen have to do is mass charge the marines and swamp them in a sea of riflebutts and bayonets! Almost no enemy can withstand such an blitz. Except for those bugs and dark eldar freaks, but I can't blame them, those silly gimp like things.

Makes me think back to my own Molestro character... It's a good thing he died or else that USA board of counsil would outlaw him for 'naughty' ideas. (He was kinda like Wacko Jacko, only he doesn't do the face lifts...)

+ + +

O'Brien, I don't get it... The joke with the Auspex I mean. I've read Socrates and found him amusing in his complicated manner of 'problem solving' and I have a great sence of humour and can understand many jokes. This one... I just don't get it.

+ + +

Oh, and don't go to the Matrix Revolutions unless you are really prepared to see gimps walk on the ceiling in a crappy slow motion manner. That and the rave scene is really gaaay... i mean, Richard Simmons can be seen as straight compared to this stuff!!!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-29 10:33:45

May I suggest large explosions as a topic?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-29 15:22:18

Ah, today was a great day for the hobby. I had another visit to the 'local' GW store in Amsterdam and ensured that my force is reinforced with fresh manpower and weapons of war. Including Christmas shopping! With this Christmas I'll receive a Cadian battle force (20 Cadians, 3 heavy weapon teams and a Leman Russ - that will be my 8th tank!), five Kasrkin (Three normal troopers and a plasma and melta gunner) and two Cadian snipers.

Today I assembled a Basilisk. A nice kit with options for crew members that command the vehicle, making the thing stand out more then before! And tommorrow I'm taking a crack at the painting of the Kasrkin sergeant that will represent DB. To emphasis on the elite thing with the Kasrkin they'll be in a difirent colour scheme from my army, just to make them stand out.

+ + +

Oh, O'Brien, I already have the female Ghost model. I've bought that one along with the boxed set of the Ghosts (featuring Gaunt, Dorden, Corbec, Larkin and Milo.) I also have the Last Chancers boxed set featuring Warrior Woman and Rockit Girl along with all the other convict scum and Schaeffter himself. The Escher models are really silly in my eyes, as they are more fitting for a hive rabble company or an ad-hoc army and not a Cadian army, which has all the formality and such. As for Sal, I'll see how the final product will be, I'm still looking for the right template.

And i really think that you should take the training of future chapter brethren more serious! They are far too precious to be wasted like that!

As for my humour, maybe I just don't get 12 year old jokes. I way beyond that. That and I fuckin' hate the word jokes most of the mid-stream Americans seem to enjoy in their sitcoms and other shitty silly antics... You Amreicans produce great movies, but some of the series... Makes me beg for a BFG1000 and a teleport to each studio where they record those things.

+ + +

Things to see you are bored or something like that:

1. Finding Nemo
2. Spaceballs
3. Trigun
4. Band of Brothers
5. Army of Darkness

And I can tell you that each of these options is better then the Matrix: Revolutions. It's not that I hate the Matrix, I just kinda hate the two sequels, which are really gay and somehow manage to lower I.Q. by a hundred points! It's a good thing I watched it in parts, not as whole! My brain would have been fried from the stupidity of Keanu Reeves and the nonsense the Oracle keep on crapping out...

Neo: Huh?
Oracle: You already know what happens. The choice is up to you.
Neo: Choice?
Oracle: Yes.
Neo: Fuck!

+ + +

Epilogue

I can feel pain. That could mean that I'm still alive... Shit, how long have I been out... A minute, an hour, days? As i open my eyes I can already tell that I'm no longer on a tomb world, lying in the red sands. My surroundings are painfully white, making me squint as my eyes adjust. Where the frag am I...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-29 17:46:01

A Richard Simmons work-out studio.

Ohhhhh, thats hurtful.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-30 11:03:40

Just got done 'convincing' a Slaaneshi cultist of the proper use of various objects.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-30 15:22:06

has anybody read any of the warhammer 40,000 books??
storm of iron is reaaaaaaaaaaaally good , im on vacation now so i wont be able to post, but when i get back, can i join???

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-30 16:11:52

Greetings,

1. I've also been busy with painting and spraying and the likes. Db is looking like on bad mutha! Only his backpack with batteries remains to be painted, I'll safe that for tomorrow or the next weekend, along with the Basilisk and myself.

My only lament is the gloss varnish that GW sells in the spraycans. It appears to eat the paint of the mini again! It undid some of my precious 12 hour work! And thats a fecking shame!

2. The 'EPILOGUE' thing can be seen as a way of finishing the Inquisition plus Tau versus Necrons story. This allows me to finish it up nicely, without too much of the 'I don't get...' things.

3. Welcome LuNaTiC_KiLLa, it's always nice to have some fresh meat for the grinder! We just need to know these things: What army do you play, from the book thing my guess is Iron Warriors, but I can be wrong. That, and some info about yourself.

4. Storm of Iron is quite a good book, myes. But the Uriel Ventris series of Graham Mcneill (the author) is much more enjoyable. I've read almost all of the Warhammer 40.000 books in the Black Librairy range. Go ahead, ask me which books are a must buy and which are better as emergency toilet paper.

5. And my apologies for the wrong age.

+ + +

JOIN THE IMPERIAL GUARD NOW! IT'S FAR BETTER TO DIE IN THE TRENCHES LIKE MAN THEN TO LOOSE YOUR BALLS IN STERALISATION LIKE A SPACE MARINE!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-02 09:25:45

At 12/1/03 04:53 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote:

i think we're all scared to see where Sivak lives

I'm not sure you would be frightened. Its more likely your brain would shut down defensivly.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-02 11:17:04

Cadia has livestock?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-02 13:34:55

Greetings,

With my new found strength I hereby explain these following things!

1. Cadia has some life stock, most probably domesticated Grox. But other imported life stock could be seen in the great Kasr's (Cadian term for large fortress city). The Cadian plains are far to inhospitable for those animals to graze upon. The planet is windswept and cold. Some of the other civilised worlds have their own lifestock, or like most other worlds, import them or their meat from other planets, such as agri-cultural planets or Adeptus Mechanicus planets with (and this is not fucking joke) cloning vats.

2. No BBQ party, no backyard thing and no stupid other celebrations! This is the forty first millenium, not some-shitty-place-USA! I live in a hab unit, not some nice house with white picket fence, dual garage, three children and a fucking dog! A hab can be seen as an appartment, only more sombre and constructed en masse. One hab block could contain up to a thousand habs, or even worse (with which I mean even more people squeezed in a square meter) when living in a hive city.

3. Cadia has no 'Local Militia' It is referred to as the Internal Guard or Planetairy Defence Force. Militia does not excist on Cadia, seeing as every man and most of the women receive at least the basic training such as speed marching, weapons handling ('Any Cadian that can't field strip a lasgun with his eyes closed before his tenth is born on the wrong planet! - Anon') and tactical training.

4. I might sound mean, I'm just having yet another shitty week at the job again, hence my sudden outbursts of foul language and such obsenities. My apologies for this. I really need a vacation, that or a broken limb...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-02 14:07:12

I work at a small IT company not far from my home town. It's called Columbus Automatisering and specialises in the construction and delivery of complete computer and server systems for comapnies and home users. Next to that we do repairs for people in the store and at their homes. Two of the employees are also qualified at network structures, the construction of those, using servers and maintaining them.

Where do I fit in as the intern?
My job can be seen as the personal aide/flunkey/servant of my 'tutor,' the boss and his wife. Ofcourse, I get to do the things I've come for, but I also have to do stupid things such as taking out the trash, vacuuming the carpet and such. No big deal. Then there's the things I really hate, the things defined as 'I've got a nice lil' job for ya...' thing. Things such as moving concrete tiles into a hole to allow cars to reach us, digging a small hill for the drive way, helping the boss his wife unload the car filled with groceries and so on...

The worst thing is that all the other people who work as an intern get paid. All except for me... I seem to have to make due with the knowledge I get from this all. I've cried and screamed about it, but it isn't working. You can laugh all you want, most of my class mates already have. I hate my life at moments like these...

So now you know why I can be so snappy or down right bastard at times.

And now for something on topic: When the going gets tough, send in the Hangman* and Boltmagnet** first!

* - Guard slang for Commissar
** - Guard slang for Psykers

Oh and O'Brien? Thanks for the advise and tips. I'm keeping it in my head for the day that I face Iron Warriors or loyalist Space Marines.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-02 15:07:46

Here´s a great movie quotation from a movie you should all see! Namely Spaceballs.

*A small space craft carrying a princess is being fired upon by a large cruiser. The order came from Dark Helmet (played by Rick Moranis), the supreme commander of all Spaceball forces. The gunner accidentily almost hits the ship. Standing next to Dark Helmet is Colonel Sandurz, the second in command.*

Dark Helmet - Carefull you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!
Gunner - *Gunner turns around and snaps visor upwards. The gunner appears to be cross eyes* Sorry, sir. Doing my best.
Dark Helmet - Who made that man gunner?
Guy above - I did sir. *This time its an officer who's cross eyed* He's my cousin.
Dark Helmet - Who is he?
Colonel Sandurz - He's an Asshole, sir.
Dark Helmet - I know that! What's his name?
Colonel Sandurz - That's his name, sir. Major Asshole.
Dark Helmet - And his cousin?
Colonel Sandurz - An Asshole, too. Gunnersmate first class Philip Asshole.
Dark Helmet - How many Assholes we got on this ship anyhow?
Entire deckcrew, except for two others - Yo!
Dark Helmet - I knew it! I'm surrounded by Assholes. *Snaps his visor back down, giving him his evil voice again* Keep firing, Assholes!

You guys should really see this movie, it's one of the best parody movies around.

Inset: Dark Helmet

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-03 22:26:32

i made a couple of changes to ur sprite plz dont get mad at me for the copyright thingy how do u animate them? oh and btw did u get my e-mail?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-12-03 22:28:00

oops forgot the sprite ^-^;

Warhammer 40.000 Crew