00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thais1324 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

299,014 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-30 16:07:50

Ah, that Space Marine is created by DB is a parody on the Space Marine using some 'Super Deformed' style and other weird stuff.

The peace sigh is another anime referance, namely what all Japanese and anime characters do when facing a camera. (Also noted are the Vertical Hair Syndrome (VHS), disproportionately tiny head, and distinct series of muscles. Able to turn my head really quickly when I hear a strange noise, and hold up two fingers in the universal sign for "peace" after a particularly long battle (or photo op for magazine). - Exerpt from Something Awful's Guide to Anime.)

The smiley is just a chapter variant. The chapter is known as the Psycho Jester Clowns, their primogenitor chapter being the Ultra Marines, not Black Templars as their armour might suggest.

That, and the 'bolter' he is wielding is a heavy bolter. The ammo belt is just absent.

The head and shoulderpads are meant for the normal marine. Take a look at a picture of a Space Marine and you'll notice that his head is half over the shoulder pads, (A classic referance to the Roman gladiator armour who used their shoulderpads as a way of defence)

+ + +

Ah yes, 'tis almost the season to be jolly! Screw that! DB has side tracked again with my precious assignment and asked me to give him soemthing difirent to sprite. So I gave him pictures of the Vulture, an Imperial Navy Gunship, capable of wasting anything silly enough to cross it's path. So far he has completed the cockpit section. I'll post it when I can get my hands on it.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-31 14:45:58

I set up some Bangers in the doorway. This should be funny.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-31 16:52:00

DB presents to thee the MOST POWERFUL weapon in the forty first millenium!

And to all you funny bitches: Yes, a Imperial Guardsman can swipe a marine of his feet.

So don't even try to bitch on this one or I'll ignore you!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-03 20:42:31

Funniest last words ever.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." - Gen. Sedgwick

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-04 13:07:30

Oy,

I've been fiddling with Flash for some days now and still learning the basics, but the way things are going I should be able to crank out something nice before the next millenium. This way I am going to try and contribute to the community other then letting DB create sprites and give that to the community.

DB and I have been brainstorming about the idea of something flash based. The speculation is still between a movie or a game. All we know for certain are these things:
1. Protagonist will be a Space Marine, they make a perfect subject for arcade like action and don't require that much of fleshing out. (Not to mention the almost god-like power armour he wears.)
2. The enemies will be cultists and traitor marines. (Marines most probably as bosses or such.)
3. Deepgoing storyline. (I'm brainstorming on this as I type this all.)
4. Room for sequels! If it's good there should be room for a sequel of two, with progression through the ranks. (From marine to veteran to dreadnought!)

I've been doing a little research on first founding chapters and found the Space Wolves a very attractive chapter for this.

+ + +

Q & A.

Why Space Wolves?
- Simple: They are a typical close combat orientated force, perfect enough for running amok behind enemy lines, cut off from loyalist forces and forced to rely on brutal strength and feral cunning.

Why not the Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Imperial Fists?
- Dark Angels are too vanilla for a movie or game.
- Blood Angels are tempting, cause of the red thirst, a real treat for close combat (not to mention a great powerbar in top that charges up when you butcher enemies in close combat until the black rage takes over!)
- Imperial Fists have yellow, golden armour, not a good choice for an game...

How will he defend himself?
- Primairy weapons are the bolter and powerfist (As a Space Wolf, he has the 'True Grit' skill), but perhaps he'll find some interesting gear such as a Storm Bolter, plasma pistol or a eviscerator.

Dreadnought?
- Myes, after the many years of combat and the reception of a grevious wound, our hero is interned in the cold steel body of the dreadnought, comnplete with powerfist and assault cannon.

+ + +

But then again, don't expect this to appear any time soonish, cause the sprites are nowhere near done and I have no idea of how the story will be!

+ + +

Tanks, tanks, tanks and tanks! My tanks have received the treatment of V.I.P.'s! They all have shiney tracks, reworked camo patterns and crew that dare to pop out to mount the pintle mount or point out a target worthy of receiving the Emperor's wrath!

With the tanks done the bulk of the standard platoons is next, followed by the special troops such as Storm Troopers and Enginseers with servo skulls.

+ + +

Show tribute to Omnissiah! The great machine God is as almighty as the Emperor!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-05 20:35:19

Oh, for the love of...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-06 12:27:43

Greetings,

You slimey fucktard! You better not dare to do a AYBABTU movie with these sprites! Sure it was funny, but that was three years ago! If I ever catch you doing that I'll personally shove a shotgun up where the sun doesn't shine and play jumprope with your intestines! (Oh and DB will rip of your head and shit down your neck while I'm at it!)

That, and what's the problem with the use of a lone Wolf in a flash movie / game? Not everybody loves the Dark Angels as much as you bitch!

Whoo, with that out of my system I have something nice to show. This is Dark Angel related. It is the sprite of a Dark Angel in power armour with a shotgun... Quite the laughingstock, but a nicely done sprite by DB. I think you can all guess who this is supposed to be. The only thing missing is the backpack providing power for the armour.

Second item is a Tau XV-8 Crisis Suit. The head is still in the R&D process and will be added shortly. This lil' bastard is equipped with a flamer and a missile pod. It has no special hard point upgrade as of yet, but you can expect something such as an drone controller soon.

DB now started working on the infamous Catachan kill knives as a small side project. After that, he'll finish up those things.

So, if any of you guys wish to use one or more of these sprites for something online, atleast put something in it that credits DB for this work.

Until then,

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-06 14:47:26

Guess who's back, back again? its Seedy Lardies and Germans. Sorry about me going Awol on your arses but i've had a few system faults! The game is online now! my 40k shooter! all go play and enjoy (hopefull) oh, and Lieutenant Brookman, i put you down in the credits as i didn't have you in my buddy list (hint, hint) for your sterling work giving me the techy info for the lasgun physics. thanks!!!! tell me what you all think.

God it's good to be back!!!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-07 15:20:39

At 11/6/03 04:15 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote: I made this cause i'm hiring some Bloodbowl cheerleaders to follow Sivak around and are gonna do this cheer whenever he says the 'E' word.Mostly because he always seems to be in a bad mood-

I'm not in a bad mood and I'll kill anyone who says otherwise.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-07 16:07:22

Greetings,

The Black Templars and Crimson Fists are NOT first founding chapters, doofus! They are second founding chapters, both from the Imperial Fists chapter. The Crimson Fists have their name from the ritual where they slit a wrist and merge blood as a sign of comradery. The Black Templars are the most zealous and agressive marines of all known chapters, but, also the most numerous! If all their crusades were to be combined they would easily number more then thousand!

And the sons of Medusa do not excist, they are called the IRON HANDS! Again, you are a doofus and your chapter cries for letting you join their ranks.

Notifications.

Sgt O'Brien stated:
1. the squad badge and army badge are on the wrong sides.
2.if you were trying to sprite my character (which i hope not...) i already explained he'l be roughly 6ft tall.so eithe Brookman is a whooping 5ft tall or the size is wrong.
3.fatigue colors are wrong.You're supposed to be shooting for bleached bone
4.i'm gonna kill you for spriting that hideous hair.(slaps a fresh clip into bolt pistol)
5.Black hair.Black.
6.that sure as hell better not be a laspistol on that belt.

Clarifications of DB:
1. I only switched them around, cause it's easier that way! You try it!
2. We are European and have no idea how long a foot is. We only work in meters and centimeters. (And no, YOU are the dumbasses, not us!) But, since you joined up with the Dark Angels at the late age of 16, you could have already missed a whole lot of genetic manipulation! The required age for the first implant is 13!
3. Those are not fatigues doofus! Those are robes! Dirty, dark and brooding robes! Gah! Space Marines don't wear fatigues over their armour!
4. Get bald or a crew cut, thats the only types of hairstyle the Dark Angels use!
5. Well, finally he tells us!
6. It's a laspistol clownface! DB didn't have a boltpistol holster handy so that was added for extra flavor.

Oh, and the term vanilla is a gamers term. In example:

"For my next game I will field a vanilla Russ."
Translation: The next game I will field a normal Leman Russ tank, not a Demolisher, Exterminator or Vanquisher.

Example 2:
"I always use a vanilla space marine army."
Translation: I always field a normal space marine army, not one of the special sister lists such as Space Wolves or Black Templars.

And now for the final wound!

DB felt very insulted and hurt by this meaningless verbal attack on his creation. He repremands you in his own special way! The left figure is what you are now and the right figure is what you *could* have been!

Ain't payback a bitch!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-09 06:49:38

is there a 40k flash on its way? who gets the white dwaf magazine?if u like 40k u shud checkout my site at http://groups.msn.com/poolieboyz4eva

it owns!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-09 06:53:28

it is better to fight and die than run and live another day/
give me 100 space marines or 200 guardsmen

my favourite quotes

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-09 08:15:00

Greetings,

Flu has gotten to me for a second time so I'm keeping this short.

DB has been working on several things now, including a Leman Russ tank and a standard bearer.

The standard bearer, modeled after the limited edition Standard Bearer that came with the Cadian army deal.

This picture has been dubbed by DB as 'Victory!'

Enjoy.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-10 13:18:31

Aight, another short post.

First, if a space marine is 6ft (around 1,80 meters) then he must be a small marine, seeing as 1,80 is the standard length for most men in Europe (I myself am 1,70 meters tall). I always thought that a Space Marine would be something like 2 to 2,5 meters tall. "Easily dwarfing a normal man, even without armour." Just wandering, that's all.

Second, I've found some energy to update my site a bit and I've finally posted pages to the worlds of Cadia, Catachan, Mordia, Tallarn and Valhalla and started typing out the Horus Heresy. Check it out here. Rest assured, once I find the decent info I'll post info on planets such as Nemesis Teressa, Macragge, Fenris and Caliban.

After DB finished the Cadian Regimental Banner, he wanted to try something a tad more, challenging. So, he started work on the Standard of Fortitude. Now then, I wonder which green armoured chapter has that standard?

And lastly, I've compiled a small round up of the sprites produced throughout the last two months. I've also placed one of the very first weapon sprites along the up to date weaponry, to show how much has improved since then.

(From left to right: Pintle mounted heavy stubber, Leman Russ turret - Alpha status!, Colonel Commissar Gaunt, Commissar, Bodyguard, 2nd edition Space Marine, 1st edition Space Marine, laspistol, boltpistol (new), boltpistol (old), grenade launcher, chainsword and sniper with cameleoline cloak.)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-11 11:11:06

DB wishes to remain neutral from the BBS, he has no desires to join in on this low and filthy level that I have already stooped to. He would only post, if say, I had something terrible or something really important is about to happen. Also, he won't give his e-mail, he doesn't like being harassed by people who say that he MUST sprite a Eldar warlock or that he WILL sprite a Necron warrior.

Also, he finished the Standard of Fortitude, used by the Dark Angels. It is one of their three sacred banners that hark back to the Great Crusade, from before the Horus Heresy. Tradition has it that only one of these sacred objects may be used at any tme, while the other two, the Standard of Devastation and Standard of Retribution, remain in the chapters shrine.

DB's current projects are:
1. Leman Russ MBT - Not just the standard tank, but also some of the special turret upgrades.
2. Valkyrie - With =I= markings
3. Commander Arsh - No! The name is not a typo or anything like that, so don't even think about it vodka boy!
4. Bodyguards - I have two bodyguards at my side for protection, who else is going to catch bullets?
5. Corpses - after that last battlescene, I thought it would be nice to have some more blood, gore and corpses around to convince the Marines that we did give the enemy hell!
6. Tau XV8 - The Crisis Suit still needs a head!
7. More Catachans! - Catachans with: shotguns, knives, demo charges, big knives, sharp sticks (punji!), bandana's and mohawks!
Catachan A with big ass knife: If it bleeds, we can kill it!
Catachan B with gold chains and mohawk: Shut up fool!

8. Comic concepts! - DB and I will be discussing several concepts for the comic, as what would be a great introductionairy story?

Until then, let the banners be touched by the soft breeze of the battle fields...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-11 12:14:00

Though nothing in common with Warhammer 40.000, this is one of DB's older works, when I sprouted the idea of WWII in sprites. The idea was ditched not that long after, though I've never seen this pic before.

To most of you this should scetch a familiar image.

6th of June, 1944, D-Day.

The bloody storming of the beach of Omaha...

Depicted here are the three main characters, one of which is killed only meters away from reaching safety, the other is cowering and grieved by the loss of his comrade (he cries!) and a German Mg-Schütze, who keeps on supressing the beach with his machine gun.

So, this what you can expect with the comic, only in better detail and far more gritty then World War II.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-11 16:07:47

At 6/25/03 12:58 PM, BoltgunClock wrote:
I don't know what to think about it. First if the legion are reunite, all the "minor chapter" from Black Templar to my Night's Drikers are obsolete (and their players too). Also, if the Emperor die, Chaos wins, the galaxy is screwed

not neccisarily. I have a Black Templars Army and have a RARE emperor's champion model i have to take a pic of it l8r..... anywahy the emperor is nothing without his champ! and i guess if there is going to be the Legions of 10000 then there is no need for seperate chapters anymore. i say make em one colour scheme.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-12 08:08:24

Ah,

Call of Duty doesn't feature a Normandy level, nope no way, they have the Stalingrad intro, much better then Normandy! (Normandy is such a cliché after all those games...)

Anyway, Stalingrad!

It's like this: You and a full platoon of recruits are being crossed over by a little boat across the river, all the while being watched by NKVD (Russian military police, Imperial Guard commissars are based on these men.) troops with machine guns and pistols. One of them reads a speech out loud with a loudhailer, al the while Stuka's dive in with their guns blazing and artillery blows up other ships. Some recruits attempt to jump of board into the freezing water and get shot before freezing to death. "Cowards! Traitors! Get back and fight!" The officer shouts at them. Once you reach the shore the biggest treat is yet to come: You receive no weapons! "One man takes the rifle and shoots! The other takes the rifle from his dead hands and continues!"

+ + +

DB started working on sprites because of general interest, And the 'tip/advice' you gave him is pretty damn useless.

+ + +

About the Black Templars:
What I think GW meant with reinstating the Marine legions was perhaps stopping the foundations of lesser chapters, but still keeping the wee ones around and giving the first and second founding chapters the rights to have some family expansions. Most probably the Ultramarines would be the largest chapter once again, seeing as they have Ultramar.

But, the Black Templars are the largest Space Marine chapter now. They have been divided into minor 'crusades' of which is said when fully combined that they could easily number 3.000 or more battle brothers. But the High Marshall (Black Templar designation for Chapter Master) knows full well the power of such a force of Marines combined.

By eliminating the minor chapters GW would kill itself! The minor chapters enable players to create their own chapters! Removing this option would be very... Fascist

About the Emperor's Champion:
The Emperor's Champion is NOT a Black Templar only thing. The Imperial Fists had their first Champion during the Horus Heresy. Namely Sigismund, founder of the Black Templars. Other chapters also have their own Emperor's Champion, but in lesser ways. They just don't see the need in one for each and every battle. Black Templars have the Emperor's Champion deeply rooted in their traditions and require one for every battle. It fits their ethos of being in the face of the enemy with pistol and blade, always at the fore front.

+ + +

Db is beginning work on something ferocious and secret! The best thing about it is that it has everything to do with the first comic! I've discussed a concept with him and he agreed to help out with it.

+ + +

I leave you with this little gem of violence.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-14 18:45:30

Sorry about the lack of posts. My duties have kept me quite busy, and a major Daemon showed up Baltimore.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-15 08:14:57

Hello everyone !

Sorry about my lack of presence here, but I was busy playi... erm... working on some urgent topics.

Also I planed to come back a while ago but I guess I'm not very lucky because I GOT HIT BY A CAR and I'm now recovering in a hospital (I'm just out for the weekend).

Anyway, my toughts goes for those who are on the battlefield until I'm out for good.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-15 09:16:07

You have returned! Being hit by a car isn't pretty, best of luck recovering from it.

May Sanguinius watch over you and ensure a quick, nice and healthy recovery.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-15 12:07:23

With all the sprites created and posted lately, I thought that it would be handy to post a list of the armoury. These include the sprites already done, and those that still need attention. PLEASE NOTE THAT POSTED HERE ARE ONLY WEAPONS AND WARGEAR ITEMS!!! NO CHARACTERS OR VEHICLES!!! THOSE WILL BE POSTED IN A SEPERATE POST!!! Should a weapon or piece of wargear be missing, please do tell me.

(A 'V' means that the sprite is done and an 'X' means that it is still on the drawing board.)

Single handed weapons.
Laspistol V
auto pistol X
stub revolver X
hell pistol V
bolt pistol V
plasma pistol X
inferno pistol X
Tanith straight silver X
catachan Devil's Claw V
catachan Night reaper X
catachan Fang X
chain sword V
sword X
axe X
mace X
chain axe X
power sword V
force sword X
Eviscerator X
chain fist X
power fist V
frost axe X
daemonhammer X
lightning claw X
lightning claw with incorperated storm bolter X
thunder hammer X
storm shield X

Two handed weapons.
Lasgun V
Autogun X
Shotgun V
Bolter X
storm bolter X
plasma gun X
melta gun X
grenade launcher V
flamer V
pulse rifle V
pulse carbine X
sniper rifle V
rail rifle X
shuriken catapult X

Heavy weapons.
Lascannon V
heavy bolter V
multi melta X
plasma cannon X
autocannon X
mortar X
missile launcher X

Wargear.
bionic arm X
bionic leg X
bionic eye X
bionic chest X
bionic headplate X
frag grenades X
krak grenades X
melta bombs X
holy relic (most likely a golden cup or a book) X
purity seal X
rosaries X
surveyor X
targeter X
trademark item (most likely a crimson cape or cigars) X
bonding knife X
consecrated scrolls X
teleport homer X
iron halo X
med pack X
grail X

NEXT LIST COMING UP WILL BE THE CHARACTER LIST, STAY TUNED!!!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-15 17:04:17

Oh, goody. I am sticky with happyness.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-16 01:18:27

omg that is grreat!! lol lol lol!!! anywhay i guess ur right.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-16 01:21:08

At 11/12/03 08:08 AM, Sgt_OBrien wrote:
At 11/11/03 04:07 PM, Plato89 wrote:
empoeror's champ anything but.My Rouge Trader has at least three blisters of him in the store.

depends on which edition it is i have to ask on that one....

Your laziness disgusts me.

well too bad i dont have time to get detailed like i want to i want to play. at least i ATTEMPT to paint them battle ready unlike some players ive seent who dont take the time to even prime their models they just slap them together and go

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-16 07:43:58

Greetings,

Tinboys, that what they call people who don't even prime their models. I know one guy who plays Necrons and want's me to paint them, but ofcourse, I said no. He's a stupid tinboy that refuses to even attempt to try and paint.

Quite sad, starting out in the hobby and not willing to do one of the most important things to it all.

Sprite news:

1. DB is hard at work for something special for my 200th post. Think big.

2. I've also begun spriting. My results are medals, purity seals, eagle motivs, plasma weapons and the bolter. I'm finally getting the hang of it, so next up are the Inferno pistol, melta gun and missile launcher.

Top rows: The top shows the three main pistol weapons of the Imperium: the laspistol, bolt pistol and the plasma pistol. Each is shown normal, when fired with their charge shown (bolt pistol is shown with ejected shell, but flying bolt is still being worked on.) and the third is still progress. (Smoke that comes from the barrel and vents, it's still being worked on.)

Bottom: A small round up of weapons in their respective catogories.

- The bolt pistol by DB and two bolter versions by me. The first is a generic bolter, the second commonly seen with Ultramarines.
- The laspistol and lasguns by DB. The second has no scope, but compensates with a fold stock.
- The auto weaponry. Top is the auto pistol by DB and below two versions of the autogun by me. Not much difirent from the lasgun, true.
- Plasma technology based: The plasma pistol and plasma gun by me. These were created this morning when I finally decided to try and sprite something good. The results are the plasma pistol, plasma gun with extended stock and plasma gun with collapsed stock.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-17 13:14:32

Greetings,

Combi weapons... The Imperial Guard used to have those in all variants... (Bolter-melta, bolter-flamer, bolter-plasma and bolter-grenade version.) But with the new edition we've lost the combi-weapons. Though, we gained fearsome weapons such as Force weapons, eviscreators, BONE'eads and servo-arms. So hey, there's no reason to cry, we've got the big guns!

+ + +

Painting an army is one of the most basic requirements to Warhammer. Painting it properly is a whole difirent thing I'm affraid. Not everybody is blessed with steady hands, patience and good tools. But Necron boy won't stop bugging me about it... Would it be correct to ask $100 (€120) for the painting of a single Necron squad?

+ + +

Upcoming codex:
Codex: Witchhunters - Including the new Sisters of Battle list, perhaps even the Adeptus Arbitres!
When: Next year.

+ + +

Sprites? Yes please!

I've promised the Inferno pistol (The fabled side arm of Commander Dante of the Blood Angels), melta gun and missile launcher and here they are. Along with these three weapons I've included a Cadian holding the missile launcher, a Cadian (with bionic eye replacement) using a melta gun, a prayer book, two purity seals, two scrolls, a missile (Yes, Cadians use those big ass rockets, not like those pancy space marine dingies!), an improved heavy bolter used by the Sisters of Battle, a scene of the jungle and a final version of myself, wearing the livery of my own army. (Kommando Khaki fatigues with Scorched Brown flak armour.) To further stand out I carry a pistol holster with laspistol, Medallion Crimson on my flak armour and an golden eagle motiv on my cap.

Next up on the ongoing project list are Shuriken pistols, the bionic arm, master vox and the demolition charge.

Until then,

Ai to ui na no... Chuseisbin!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-18 15:11:56

Hai!

The new White Dwarf (UK Version) arrived today, featuring the free Kislev Army booklet (A nice looking army, perhaps something worth collecting when jumping to Fantasy?), Colonel Scheaffer in the 'Heroes and Villains of the forty first millenium' articles series, the Crimson Fists in the 'Index Astartes' articles series and a Fire Warrior (Quite sweet, the Tau totally kicked the Chaos their asses.) battle report. Not a bad issue I might say.

O'Brien, ignore that Ultrasmurf friend of yours. You should only give him a proper beating when he decides to let the Tau and Ultramarines join forces... Now that deserves a good whack on the head with a two by four or brick! Ah, and the Ultramarines are more of a shooty army, his tactic of destroying the enemy squad by squad isn't such a bad idea, it's something the Guard also does. (Ofcourse, we apply more fire power and ordnance to that. You guys just kill, cause you are the tweezers of the Imperium. Us? We are the sledge hammer of the Imperium! We mutilate, burn and won't leave enough parts for a jig saw puzzle!) In fact, the Dark Angels are also some sort of shooty army, only far more, shall we say, painfull. (Plasma cannons in standard marine squads! Remember!)

Sprites? Nothing new today, my apologies. Today was a hard day, perhaps at the end of the week or in the weekend new stuff will pop up.

In stead I have this, a little something posted by one of the chaps from the IG group over at MSN. (Please do note that the Lieutenant stuff doesn't apply to me!)

Commanding General (Solar)
Leaps tall buildings in a single bound
Is more powerful than a Marauder Destroyer
Is faster than a speeding bullet
Walks on water
Gives policy to God

General (regiment)
Leaps short buildings in a single bound
Is more powerful than a Lightning star fighter
Is just as fast as a speeding bullet
Talks with God

Commander (regiment)
Leaps short buildings with a running start and favorable
winds
Is almost as powerful a Lightning star fighter
Is faster than a speeding BB
Walks on water in an indoor swimming pool
Talks with God if a special request is honored

Colonel
Barely clears a small hut
Loses tug of war with a chimera
Can fire a speeding bullet
Swims well
Is occasionally addressed by God

Captain
Goes around buildings
Is run over by Chimeras
Can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self-injury
Treads water
Talks to animals

Lieutenant
Runs into buildings
Recognizes Chimeras two out of three times
Is not issued ammunition
Can stay afloat with a life jacket
Talks to walls

Vet Sergeant
Smashes tall buildings
Knocks Chimeras off their tracks
Chews bullets and spits them out
Walks in space
He is God

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-18 15:57:04

O'Brien asked me post this, his own sprites with adaptations. The first shows him in confusion(?) and the second smiling. Really cute... Or so they say.

The third sprite (Added by me) is for size and measurements. It's an Eldar aspect warrior hacked in two and me standing on top, doing a victory pose. I mean come on, the pointy eared bitch had it coming!

Nice work O'Brien, but next time, try to keep the shaders on the armour and robes.

Ai to iu na no... Chuseislin!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-11-19 14:35:19

Hey,

Forge World has posted new pics of the Orca dropship and holy crap, this thing is sweet!

I mean, Emperor's teeth! Look at this thing! It has a crew of three, an Ethereal in the command room, 24 seated Fire Warriors, 8 gun drones and 6 Battlesuits.

What I wouldn't give to have on of these!

Though, then again, this thing is as expensive as a new kidney... (I sold mine already when getting the Cadian army deal.) Maybe I should just pray for the deliverance of a Baneblade... Yeah, those can easily blast an Orca down!

P.S.

Ofocurse I'm carefull with my posts, I now have only four left until I reach the big 2-0-0, that and only eight more days of voting and I'm a level 18 portal patroller. Can't wait to use my new-found powers on some stupid stickman movies!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature