00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kamiara18 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

26,452 Views | 177 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-28 19:41:13

At 2/28/08 07:36 PM, christmasraptor wrote: Hey, i was looking for some good tribal designs, and I thought this might be the place to ask.

I might be doing some other stuff, but I've wanted a tribal since I was a kid.

Any sites with design collections, or original tribal art?

I'm not so keen on tribal tattoos. It all looks pretty much the same to me, and just seems like the kind of thing that someone gets just for the sake of getting it. Maybe I'm wrong though - what exactly does it mean to you? Does it represent a part of your life or something deeply significant to you, or is it simply that you think it looks cool?

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-28 19:46:23

At 2/28/08 07:41 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/28/08 07:36 PM, christmasraptor wrote: Hey, i was looking for some good tribal designs, and I thought this might be the place to ask.

I might be doing some other stuff, but I've wanted a tribal since I was a kid.

Any sites with design collections, or original tribal art?
I'm not so keen on tribal tattoos. It all looks pretty much the same to me, and just seems like the kind of thing that someone gets just for the sake of getting it. Maybe I'm wrong though - what exactly does it mean to you? Does it represent a part of your life or something deeply significant to you, or is it simply that you think it looks cool?

Variations on tribal designs make them unique, and it gives them a certain mystique. I have a fairly fluctuating personality, so I would regret certain tatoos, but A tribal can display a kind of openness to change. Besides, I've always found them to be strangely beautiful. There are a couple other ideas i've had for body alteration, but researching tribals is a good way to start.

NGDD MCC - 1337 Leader. NG Mafia

My siggy by mooguy.

Where do you belong on this list? Eternal spam ally of Joza1. We are epic lulz.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-28 21:41:25

At 2/28/08 01:29 PM, Shreddy wrote:
At 2/28/08 12:09 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Nice, the base around the collar bone? The hell with that, haha.
no the bit at the top of your spine on your back =)

Ah, I got ya. I think it would hurt more on the collar bone to be honest. :P

At 2/28/08 07:20 PM, PantyWipe wrote: I mean some of em I get cus I like em, but most of my tats are jokey as hell cus Im a very jokey person. You shouldnt get tats that dont speak on yer personality.

I'm loving your tats bro, and I understand what you're saying completely. I have a Dark Lotus cross on my arm to represent many things, including the fam, as well as the stars and seven to represent a side of me only one has experienced.

Most don't understand the seven and stars and well I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm planning on getting many more tattoos very soon, I already have concepts and the shit drawn out, I just need the money now. haha ^.^

At 2/28/08 08:20 PM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Well, DLJ, it looks like you've got a good club started here. It's pretty cool, actually. I've been wanting to get a tattoo for some time now, but I haven't hat the time or money to do so. If I get a tattoo, though, I'll want one that would represent what I am, a metalhead. If there's any place that would do it, I'd get the word "Metalhead" on my upper-left arm in Chinese. Why in Chinese? Because I'm Chinese, and as I said before, I'm a metalhead.

Thanks man, and on your tattoo, are you going to get it in just words or are you thinking of having like some other effect going along with it as well? I would personally get it done so it looks like its jumping out from your skin, I think that would look awesome! :D

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-28 21:47:27

Really though, does anyone in here know a good website for tribals, or tutorials for drawing your own?

Also, does anybody here know someone with more unconventional body alterations?

tounge forking, tooth sharpening and the like.

NGDD MCC - 1337 Leader. NG Mafia

My siggy by mooguy.

Where do you belong on this list? Eternal spam ally of Joza1. We are epic lulz.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-28 22:06:29

At 2/28/08 09:41 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I'm loving your tats bro, and I understand what you're saying completely. I have a Dark Lotus cross on my arm to represent many things, including the fam, as well as the stars and seven to represent a side of me only one has experienced.

Most don't understand the seven and stars and well I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm planning on getting many more tattoos very soon, I already have concepts and the shit drawn out, I just need the money now. haha ^.^

I hear that, bro. I got "ICP" on my right shoulder and the tummy tat is the cover of the first fuck off! cd to show the fam love. I feel the money thing too, I just got "Philly" tatted on my left wrist for free cus my homie did it with a guitar string, india ink and a cd player motor. It came out really good for a prison tat, tho.

For only goin over it once I think he did pretty good...

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 15:25:47

At 2/28/08 09:47 PM, christmasraptor wrote: Really though, does anyone in here know a good website for tribals, or tutorials for drawing your own?

Not really, I'm sure there are some out there though.

Also, does anybody here know someone with more unconventional body alterations?
tounge forking, tooth sharpening and the like.

Hell, I wanted to get my tongue forked but I decided not to, check google for all this though, its bound to come up. ^.^

At 2/28/08 10:06 PM, PantyWipe wrote: I hear that, bro. I got "ICP" on my right shoulder and the tummy tat is the cover of the first fuck off! cd to show the fam love. I feel the money thing too, I just got "Philly" tatted on my left wrist for free cus my homie did it with a guitar string, india ink and a cd player motor. It came out really good for a prison tat, tho.

Hell yea man, they all sound awesome and I'm planning on my next Juggalo tattoo pretty soon. I'm gonna get the Ringmaster on my back and I'm getting it so it appears as if he is tearing out of my back with his claws, its been an idea of mine for a while now but I can finally get it done so I am going for it asap.

I never got a tattoo by the means of what you did but my ex just got a tattoo gun so once we get some needles and ink for it, I'm getting some more work done! :D

For only goin over it once I think he did pretty good...

Hell yea man, I like how it turned out, it doesn't look bad at all. A little faded in some spots but every tattoo gets that sooner or later so no biggie. ^.^

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 15:36:29

Yeah im still trying to figure out what my first tattoo would be when i finally am able to get it. I think maybe like the number 13 with like a snake or something wrapped around it and maybe something sitting on top of it. That might be a good design anybody think so?

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 16:18:47

At 2/29/08 03:36 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Yeah im still trying to figure out what my first tattoo would be when i finally am able to get it. I think maybe like the number 13 with like a snake or something wrapped around it and maybe something sitting on top of it. That might be a good design anybody think so?

That actually sounds pretty awesome man, do you have a drawn out concept for it or anything yet?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 18:09:24

At 2/29/08 04:18 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: That actually sounds pretty awesome man, do you have a drawn out concept for it or anything yet?

Nah i just thought it up as i typed really. But aince i suck ass at drawing i think i could just keep the concept alive and just have like a pro draw it up. Cause i actually know a few of my friends that make a living off of drawing so i could go to them and get it drawn up i guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 18:48:38

That sounds good man, I will see if I can make up some concepts for ya on it, I'm not the best at drawing or anything but I know some people that are and I can at least make a rough draft of what it would look like for you. ^.^

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 18:54:52

At 2/29/08 06:48 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: That sounds good man, I will see if I can make up some concepts for ya on it, I'm not the best at drawing or anything but I know some people that are and I can at least make a rough draft of what it would look like for you. ^.^

That would be awesome. Im just trying to figure out what kind of font and all that stuff would look good with it. I mean it could be like NG related or just something that would make it look awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 18:55:58

Ya I ahev 4 tattoo's. A huge Dragon climbing my rib cage (Tribal), the symbol for Dragon in Chinese on my back, A cross with flames on my upper left arm, and Jesus on the upper left arm right below the cross.

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 21:00:30

At 2/29/08 06:55 PM, acellus wrote: Ya I ahev 4 tattoo's. A huge Dragon climbing my rib cage (Tribal), the symbol for Dragon in Chinese on my back, A cross with flames on my upper left arm, and Jesus on the upper left arm right below the cross.

Sounds awesome dude. But i think the tattoo i thought up earlier would look pretty awesome NG based if it was done right.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 22:07:13

I have so many more ideas I want tatted on myself I really dont have any idea what Im gonne get next, ya know?

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-02-29 23:56:02

At 2/29/08 06:54 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: That would be awesome. Im just trying to figure out what kind of font and all that stuff would look good with it. I mean it could be like NG related or just something that would make it look awesome.

Sounds great man, I'll try and concept it out soon and I'll show you what I have when I am finished.

At 2/29/08 10:07 PM, PantyWipe wrote: I have so many more ideas I want tatted on myself I really dont have any idea what Im gonne get next, ya know?

I know exactly what you mean. I really don't know what I am going to get next either but I do know a lot of things I wouldn't mind getting soon. I would get the most of them now but the lack of cash hampers that til I get some needles and ink. :P

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 00:35:14

At 2/29/08 11:56 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Sounds great man, I'll try and concept it out soon and I'll show you what I have when I am finished.

Yeah i told ya ya the overall design of what i would want it to look like on AIM. So i hope to see what it looks like on paper.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 10:10:48

Yeah i know getting tattooed is pretty expensive now-days. But if you know somebody that does it then well it could come pretty cheap.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 13:09:07

So I went into the tattoo place where I got my tat done, just to have a bit of a browse and try and come up with some inspiration for my next tat. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay much longer than 5 minutes as I'd only paid for parking for like 20 minutes and had a load of other stuff to do first.

Still, 5 minutes was sufficient to have a browse through some of their main designs. Most of it was fairly generic - some tribal stuff, naked women, pieces with skulls, and a font list. Nothing really struck me, frankly.

I'm tempted to revert to one of my original ideas, which was a Chimera. (For those of you who don't know much Greek mythology, the Chimera is the demon with the body of a lion and tail of a serpent). I think if it was done nicely, and stylized well, that it could be a really nice piece.

A Chimera is an omen of disaster, and to me it represents this and acts as a reminder to be wary of disaster at all times, whether it be emotional, material, or anything, and also to prevent me from lapsing into apathy.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 13:17:55

At 3/1/08 01:09 PM, NEVR wrote: A Chimera is an omen of disaster, and to me it represents this and acts as a reminder to be wary of disaster at all times, whether it be emotional, material, or anything, and also to prevent me from lapsing into apathy.

Damn that is a truly spectacular idea (it was the only other word other then awesome that i could think of). But yeah disaster is like an everyday thing for me, Cause i may not try to find my self in trouble it just seems that sometimes trouble/disaster finds me. So i think for me as well that would be a tattoo worth getting cause it would describe something about me.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 13:36:04

At 3/1/08 01:17 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Damn that is a truly spectacular idea (it was the only other word other then awesome that i could think of). But yeah disaster is like an everyday thing for me, Cause i may not try to find my self in trouble it just seems that sometimes trouble/disaster finds me. So i think for me as well that would be a tattoo worth getting cause it would describe something about me.

If you like the idea man, feel free to use it.

I have in my mind a really nicely styled Chimaira, with the serpent tail really long and coiled around the lion's body, almost as if it's a threat to itself. I'm probably going to do some sketches tonight or something if I feel in an artistic mood, and if I come up with anything good I'll scan it up and post it here for you guys to see.

By the way, (and this is more to I-Love-Caitlyn, seeing as he's expressed his own interest in the idea), there's variations of the Chimera where it has a goat's head spawned from the middle of the lions back. Personally, I prefer the lion & snake variation - I think the goat's head breaks the flow.

Lastly, this is quite a nice idea for the Chimera as well, that does involve the goat's head. It's basically all 3 skulls of the Chimera, and looks pretty cool I think. It's from the band Chimaira's (note slightly different spelling) self titled album.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 18:49:34

At 3/1/08 10:10 AM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Yeah i know getting tattooed is pretty expensive now-days. But if you know somebody that does it then well it could come pretty cheap.

I usually hook my artist up with a few of my better pain pills and get a pretty dope deal (pun DEFINITELY intended) from him on ink.

Also, nothing smacks down pain like 100mg of morphine right before you get yer tat. I got my 6 armed goddess spine piece and on morphine it was cake, then when I went back to get color... omigod it fucking hurt, even through about 12 vicodin.

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 18:56:12

yeah i think color would hurt more then black and white. Because of all the extra shit that has to be done when using color.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 19:15:40

Heres my durga tat. Shes the hindu goddess of chaos, I believe. Fucker goes from the bottom of my shoulder blades to my tailbone.

Bitch took like 6 hours total.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 22:59:33

none if your tats can come pare to mine.
But you probably wont belive that i have it.
its on my right arm, right below my shoulder.
it says"my first tattoo"

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-01 23:58:49

At 3/1/08 10:59 PM, sexyman954 wrote: none if your tats can come pare to mine.
But you probably wont belive that i have it.
its on my right arm, right below my shoulder.
it says"my first tattoo"

I love that. I need to see a pic of that.

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-02 10:20:40

every tattoo on this thread so far is FUGGING GEHY!

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-02 10:25:57

At 3/2/08 10:20 AM, As-Soul wrote: every tattoo on this thread so far is FUGGING GEHY!

Persist in trolling, and I will contact a moderator about you. Goodbye.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-02 11:30:35

At 3/2/08 10:20 AM, As-Soul wrote: every tattoo on this thread so far is FUGGING GEHY!

Shit talking is only as effective as the person whos saying it.

THIS is whos talking shit right now

and even though hes trying to dis us, I feel sorry for HIM.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-02 14:19:25

So apparently you can get tattoos on your eyeball, according to this guy. I'd never heard of that before, but if he's not bullshitting, sounds kinda weird. Personally I wouldn't go for that sort of thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-03-02 15:00:08

At 3/2/08 02:54 PM, Shreddy wrote: you can also get your tounge tattooed all over =O

I wouldn't go for that either. I mean, fair enough some people like doing something slightly different like that. I thought the inside of the lip was a weird enough place to get a tattoo, but apparently people want even weirder and more obscure than that.

BBS Signature