00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thais1324 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

26,451 Views | 177 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-13 01:18:44

At 8/13/08 01:14 AM, Lotus wrote: Nice! Got any pictures of it?

Right forearm:

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-13 01:57:43

Ill be gettin a new tat soon of the jokers eyes n smile from the dark knight on my back. pics when it is done.

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-13 02:25:31

At 8/13/08 01:18 AM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
At 8/13/08 01:14 AM, Lotus wrote: Nice! Got any pictures of it?
Right forearm:

Nice!

At 8/13/08 01:57 AM, PantyWipe wrote: Ill be gettin a new tat soon of the jokers eyes n smile from the dark knight on my back. pics when it is done.

Haha, sounds awesome bro, I look forward to seeing that one. :D

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-13 03:17:29

Looks great everyone, mind if I join?

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-13 03:20:36

At 8/13/08 03:17 AM, Snerd wrote: Looks great everyone, mind if I join?

Sure thing! XD

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-13 08:43:58

At 8/12/08 07:24 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote: I kida messed around with the design myself, i didnt like the wings going UP, so i changed it. :]
Im alot happier with this, even though its quite long

I kinda preferred the other one. That looks a bit like feathery pigtails to me :/

At 8/13/08 12:53 AM, Lotus wrote: and good deal with the cover-job, it shouldn't run you too much as long as there's not too much detail or color to it. :D

It's literally just a self-done tattoo that my friends and I did when we were about 16 and pretty drunk. Looks like I've written on my arm in biro TBH, so I want to get rid of it. Shouldn't be too hard to cover up, I hope.

Also, I got the figures for my student loan today -- apparently I'm getting a fairly generous grant on top of my loan, so if I hold down a part-time job whilst I'm at university, I should easily have enough money to live on AND afford a few luxuries (such as the cover-up job).

At 8/13/08 03:17 AM, Snerd wrote: Looks great everyone, mind if I join?

Weren't you in the EGB once?

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-08-16 22:22:55

This is one on my left forearm done by a guy that was on my ship.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-09-01 06:45:05

HAI GUYS!!!!11!!1!

lolno

Anyway, I'm getting a tattoo soon and i really wanna get a sugar skull, does anyone know where i can get any good pics of some as a referance, or can someone draw one for me?

prob too much to ask but hey you gotta give everything a go once.

...Kilroy was here

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-10-13 07:05:58

Got some money for my 20th birthday last week, so I'm thinking about getting the shitty little biro-esque tattoo on my lower forearm covered over with something better. I mentioned a chimaira once before, and I think something like that would be nice, but maybe slightly stylised.

Anybody got any thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-10-14 23:12:03

At 10/13/08 07:05 AM, NEVR wrote: Got some money for my 20th birthday last week, so I'm thinking about getting the shitty little biro-esque tattoo on my lower forearm covered over with something better. I mentioned a chimaira once before, and I think something like that would be nice, but maybe slightly stylised.
Anybody got any thoughts?

I think it would be a matter of your style, as well as surrounding tattoos, that would have to match, to make it all look good.

See, in my eyes, there are people who get tattoos in a generalized area and they look great, and then there's people that get them all over, but none match up, and when this is done, I think the attention is brought off of the artwork, and directed towards the 'wtf happened there' factor of things.

I mean, if you like it, can pull it off with your style, and have surrounding tattoos, or plan to have surrounding ink to match, then I say go for it.

But if it will conflict with other pieces of work, or just look a bit out of place, it might not be the best idea to have it done.

Also, pic related, my newest tattoo. <33

Still a work in process, I want shading across it, from front to back, with vampire bats within that shading, as if they are flying outward, from the batman tat. :)

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2008-10-15 00:15:36

At 10/14/08 11:12 PM, Lotus wrote: I think it would be a matter of your style, as well as surrounding tattoos, that would have to match, to make it all look good.

I don't have any surrounding tattoos in that area of my arm, and TBH I'd prefer something that is a nice standalone piece. Generally, I find lettering is better for that than actual pictures, unless the pictures are nicely stylised.

But if it will conflict with other pieces of work, or just look a bit out of place, it might not be the best idea to have it done.

All I'm worried about is it looking like a silly blotch on my lower forearm, which is why I think it would be nice to stylise it so that I can get parts of the tattoo spanning up and around my arm. Shouldn't be TOO hard considering a chimaira has the tail of the snake, but I don't want it to look too generic ;P

Also, pic related, my newest tattoo. <33

Nice. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2012-09-16 04:48:09

I'm going to bump this place! (there I just did it!)

Newgrounds, unite! Get your tats out! I'll have a cig whilst In wait

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2012-09-17 17:31:52

I've been really interested in getting a tattoo on my forearm lately, a Boston shaker done in fluorescent ink so it's invisible when I'm wearing a t-shirt, part of the reason is that some employers have rules about visible tattoos, not to mention some of my family would disapprove, and frankly I think a UV tattoo would just be badass. I'm going to put all the logos of the bars I work at on it. Not sure if I'm going to add a martini glass to the mix or not.

Ideas, thoughts, comments?

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2012-09-17 21:04:12

These are intended to be half sleeves, Celebi is up next and then I dunno, suggestions are appreciated.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2012-09-17 21:07:04

i know articuno is lackng some color, it will be touched up

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2012-09-18 13:08:18

At 9/17/12 05:31 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I've been really interested in getting a tattoo on my forearm lately, a Boston shaker done in fluorescent ink so it's invisible when I'm wearing a t-shirt, part of the reason is that some employers have rules about visible tattoos, not to mention some of my family would disapprove, and frankly I think a UV tattoo would just be badass.

I've heard a lot about UV tattoos, I wouldn't get one myself but a friend of mine has a whole skeleton thing going on all over his front arms and legs. When he enters a club it looks like some kind of zombie thing it's pretty sweet. If you get one you have to upload a pic as I'd love to see it.

At 9/17/12 09:04 PM, apocalypseven wrote: suggestions are appreciated.

Clearly you're into your Pokemon, personally although I played the games when I was younger I don't think I'd get one tattooed but seeing as you are truly going for it I'd suggest getting a Mew and Mewtwo fighting.

Well, it seems only fair that I post a pick of all of my tattoos so here we go: Top left is the Offspring Symbol which I have on the back of my left leg. I grew up listening to them and thought that It'd be a good 18th birthday present for myself. Top right is the start of my sleeve that'll also be on my chest and back, again on the left side of me it's a memorial piece to my dad that dide when I was 16. Bottom left is a quote from the Bill Hicks It's just a ride speech. It truly did change my life view and I wanted it ever since I heard it. Finally bottom right, it's a shy guy simple as really. It's purple because it's my favourite colour. It was for my 21st and I though I needed a silly tattoo so that's what I got.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-02-01 21:57:17

Booked my next tattoo for the 5th of March. I'm getting a zombie, nu skool style head on my forearm. It's costing me 160 pounds and they said will probably take around 2 and a half hours to complete. I'll post a picture here when I've got it.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-03-06 15:19:10

At 2/1/13 09:57 PM, Decky wrote: Booked my next tattoo for the 5th of March. I'm getting a zombie, nu skool style head on my forearm.

It was moved to a day later but I got it. I see that nobody has replied here but seeing as I mentioned it I might as well post a picture of the end result. Here you go:

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-04-24 15:02:33

At 4/22/13 04:19 PM, saqwert wrote: I want a tattoo, but I don't know of what.
How do I decide?

Have a look at existing designs on Google or a local tattooist. If you see something you like then it's a good idea to get a copy of it and keep it somewhere that you see everyday, after a few months if you still want it then get it. Also always remember that a tattooist will always be up for changing an existing design or creating a design for you.

Hope it helps.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-04-24 22:26:44

I only have 2 tiny tattoos. I'm only 17 but I plan on designing tattoo's and being a artist for a living. Although I really have the urge to get more, the tattoo's I want are well thought out pieces of art and very expensive. I'm planning on dedicating one of my sleeves to my favorite artists, but I wouldn't trust just any artist to use my body as a canvas.

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-04-25 13:40:59

At 4/22/13 04:19 PM, saqwert wrote: I want a tattoo, but I don't know of what.
How do I decide?

I suggest taking a look at some traditional tattoo art (japanese, old school etc.) and looking into the meanings behind any designs you like. A great deal (if not all) of traditional tattoo designs represent particular ideas.

If you're not up for getting anything that falls under 'traditional' tattoo art, you might want to think about symbolic pieces of art or even phrases which are significant to you. A ton of tattooists are into black and grey now and there are some seriously incredible pieces out there, for example, this. Japanese tattoos can also look awesome in black and grey.

Personally I'd recommend waiting a while once you've decided what you want, especially if it's your first tattoo. If you still really want it a couple months down the line then you know you're good to go, but take the time to think about it.

One final piece of advice: research your artist. It's really not about going to the nearest shop and blindly expecting the artist to do a good job. Some tattooists are simply not that great at their trade. Find someone who works in the style you want and check out their portfolio before you book with them.

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-07-04 23:05:01

Just got my 2nd tattoo today. Was stressing since I am meeting Zakk Wylde on the 23rd and this is a Black Label Society tattoo. I'm going to get him to autograph me under the skull or around it somewhere, and get his autograph tattooed to it. Artist has already agreed to work after hours to finish it up. I SWORE I'd never get a band tattoo, but here I am. It turned out a lot better than I expected considering the imagine I showed up with was a sketch of it, lines of pencil and everything basically.

Luckily for me they had a no-show today, I got in immediately.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-09-04 00:57:42

Tali.

Done last week.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-09-17 12:01:29

At 9/4/13 12:57 AM, Luke wrote: Tali.

Not a bad couple of tattoos you got there. Wouldn't have them myself but they look great.

Need to have another one soon, been over six months now since the last one. Thinking about a simple graffiti style graphic or an extension on my zombie piece which is on the previous page.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-09-18 20:58:49

At 9/17/13 12:01 PM, Decky wrote:
At 9/4/13 12:57 AM, Luke wrote: Tali.
Not a bad couple of tattoos you got there. Wouldn't have them myself but they look great.

Need to have another one soon, been over six months now since the last one. Thinking about a simple graffiti style graphic or an extension on my zombie piece which is on the previous page.

I'm booking another right away. It's going to be a stipple tattoo. Very unique and just great. Will be a thigh piece. I have my next two planned out. One on the knee, one on the thigh.
I'd like to have my right leg finished around this time next year.

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-09-19 09:22:36

I just have simple tattoos
"Feed your dreams, Starve your fears"

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-09-19 14:27:52

At 9/19/13 09:22 AM, AshleKetchem wrote: I just have simple tattoos

Get complicated ones then haha.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-09-26 02:04:49

Just got my daughters name 'Shannon' done on the back of my neck.

I'll post a better pic when it settles down. This pic was taken about an hour after it was done.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-10-09 01:46:24

Mentioned thigh piece is done. Here's a pic taken after it was done. Five hour sitting, was a real bitch.

Ink (Tattoo) Crew

Response to Ink (Tattoo) Crew 2013-12-02 20:28:51

Here's the latest! Done by Jesse at the same shop as the thigh piece. I'm on a piece a month now. Got my next one coming in December!

Ink (Tattoo) Crew