00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kamiara18 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

112,237 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-17 16:09:13

At 7/17/05 03:09 PM, ramagi wrote:
This reminds me I need to get out a few reviews every now and again.

Wow, this is actually the first time that I see you posting here. I've send you an email quite a while ago and you didn't answered so I might as well ask it right now. Is it allowed to copy someone elses review (and put a couple of words from yourself around it)? If it is not, can I blow the whistle or do I have to send you an email or something? Hope you'll reply this time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-20 11:04:28

At 7/17/05 04:09 PM, Auz wrote: Wow, this is actually the first time that I see you posting here. I've send you an email quite a while ago and you didn't answered so I might as well ask it right now. Is it allowed to copy someone elses review (and put a couple of words from yourself around it)? If it is not, can I blow the whistle or do I have to send you an email or something? Hope you'll reply this time.

first off, you have to email ramagi with the correct ramagi email.
and no that would not be alright... that would be plagiarism. Have you not learn all that you've been through in school?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-20 14:20:09

At 7/20/05 11:04 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
first off, you have to email ramagi with the correct ramagi email.

I emailed to ramagi@newgrounds.com (that was in her sig). I made the subject Newgrounds help, dunno if I had to do that, but just to be sure. What's the 'correct ramagi email' then?

and no that would not be alright... that would be plagiarism. Have you not learn all that you've been through in school?

Ur.. sorry but what's plagiarism? I guess you can't translate that to Dutch. Is it the same as stealing copywrighted work or something?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-20 15:25:33

At 7/20/05 02:20 PM, Auz wrote: Ur.. sorry but what's plagiarism? I guess you can't translate that to Dutch. Is it the same as stealing copywrighted work or something?

plagiarism is like cheating. You are better off just making your own opinions rather than stealing other ones. :P

also...
i've done 20+ reviews for the second day in a row.
View Your Reviews (4,201)
(With Responses Only (841))

600 reviews and I could be #3 in reviews. Look out!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-20 17:34:16

At 7/14/05 06:27 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Members:

I thought i was a member here. Oh well, must be beacuse i don't post enough....

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-20 23:15:36

At 7/20/05 05:34 PM, Frostbreath wrote: I thought i was a member here. Oh well, must be beacuse i don't post enough....

yea, I thought I was a member too. Oh well, perhaps you're right.. we don't post enough.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-21 19:49:53

Hey Everyone

I been reviewing somewhat, its consistant...

View Your Reviews (11,329)
(With Responses Only (1,589)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 09:17:16

It's been a while since anybody last posted here. Everybody's too busy to post here I guess.

Anyway, how's everybody's reviewing going? I'm getting pretty close to 250, but it's still gonna take a week or two, cause I'm going a bit slow the last couple of weeks.

View Your Reviews (240)
(With Responses Only (68))

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 09:46:00

At 7/26/05 09:17 AM, Auz wrote: It's been a while since anybody last posted here. Everybody's too busy to post here I guess.

No, I havn't made much reviews.

Anyway, how's everybody's reviewing going?

I made two reviews today, yay! I might make some more, but it depends on my mood. Been very busy on the BBS since it's the summer holidays now.

I'm getting pretty close to 250, but it's still gonna take a week or two, cause I'm going a bit slow the last couple of weeks.

I seemed to have gone far more slower on reviews. :S I got 300 reviews two months ago and only made 24 reviews. Damn, I'm very slow on reviews now. :(

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 10:32:31

Uh... how many reviews does it take to join this club?

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 10:40:11

At 7/26/05 10:32 AM, mariofan22 wrote: Uh... how many reviews does it take to join this club?

Hmm, 54 isn't too bad. Around 100 is fine, but since we havn't had anyone asking to join for a while, I'm sure people will welcome you. So welcome.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 10:45:04

At 7/26/05 10:40 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 7/26/05 10:32 AM, mariofan22 wrote: Uh... how many reviews does it take to join this club?
Hmm, 54 isn't too bad. Around 100 is fine, but since we havn't had anyone asking to join for a while, I'm sure people will welcome you. So welcome.

thanks

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 11:27:16

Sry for the double post... is there anyone like talking in this thread right now?

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 11:49:19

At 7/26/05 11:27 AM, mariofan22 wrote: Sry for the double post... is there anyone like talking in this thread right now?

You mean if people still post here pretty often? Well it's been quiet for a couple of days, so that's why I decided to post. I'm sure some other members will check out this club again pretty soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 18:50:22

At 7/20/05 05:34 PM, Frostbreath wrote:
At 7/14/05 06:27 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Members:
I thought i was a member here. Oh well, must be beacuse i don't post enough....

when did you ask to join? I went through every post and took down every name that asked to join. I'll add it to the next update.

At 7/26/05 11:27 AM, mariofan22 wrote: Sry for the double post... is there anyone like talking in this thread right now?

yes, as Bahamut said, you can join. lately the threadsbeen struggling so any posting at all will help. please try to stay a regular member in here

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-26 21:53:24

Alright - ill attempt to... but i now have a few other threads to run as well but ill be as regular as possible.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-27 05:56:20

At 7/27/05 12:20 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: wish i could joing, but saddly i haven't been able to review for two months due to the fact i lost it with a spammer of the portal... this was a good idea though

A review ban. I've seen so many people review banned. I wonder if the banned reviewers are going to be unbanned soon. I'd say probably September since the last review unban clean out was in March.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-27 06:08:52

At 7/27/05 12:20 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: wish i could joing, but saddly i haven't been able to review for two months due to the fact i lost it with a spammer of the portal... this was a good idea though

You could do the same as Yoink did, make all your reviews in notepad and submit like hell when your unbanned.

At 7/27/05 05:56 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
A review ban. I've seen so many people review banned. I wonder if the banned reviewers are going to be unbanned soon. I'd say probably September since the last review unban clean out was in March.

So that means if you're very unlucky, you're banned for 6 months and if you're very lucky, you're banned for only a week or a month? That sounds a bit unfair. Can't they just make it the same as in the BBS? You're just banned for a month and their computer calculates when you can start reviewing again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-27 07:40:55

At 7/27/05 06:08 AM, Auz wrote: You could do the same as Yoink did, make all your reviews in notepad and submit like hell when your unbanned.

Wow, i didn't know that. How smart.

Anyho, it's been a while since i posted my rev count so:
View Your Reviews (105)
(With Responses Only (25))

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-28 07:02:35

At 7/27/05 06:08 AM, Auz wrote: So that means if you're very unlucky, you're banned for 6 months and if you're very lucky, you're banned for only a week or a month? That sounds a bit unfair.

True, it does sound unfair.

Can't they just make it the same as in the BBS?

I remember on the news post Wade made about unbanning reviewers, he said sometime, there will be a better review ban system. The review mods would be able to delete abusive reviews.

At 7/27/05 05:39 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: ... so they do it every so many months? I didn't know how it worked... i thought it was an individual thing based on your offense... that doesn't seem fair at all

I know it's unfair, but since the last review unbans were in March, you shouldn't wait as long to get unbanned from reviewing. I know someone who got banned the same day he got unbanned.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-28 07:38:21

At 7/28/05 07:02 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
I remember on the news post Wade made about unbanning reviewers, he said sometime, there will be a better review ban system. The review mods would be able to delete abusive reviews.

And the user can still be banned for a couple of days or weeks? Or do their reviews get deleted and that's it?

I know someone who got banned the same day he got unbanned.

That's pretty stupid, but the guy probably doesn't care to be banned anyway.

PS: Your going for 5000 posts today, right? I see you post in almost every topic. Only 16 more to go, congrats when you reach it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 00:26:49

At 7/28/05 07:38 AM, Auz wrote:
And the user can still be banned for a couple of days or weeks? Or do their reviews get deleted and that's it?

From what I can gather, the reviews are to be deleted then the ban is lifted. This can only be done by an administrator currently. I think Wade handles most of that. Review mods do the banning however.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 00:28:34

From what I hear, there's unbanning periods... periods where Wade or some guy up there goes around unbanning people - about every 6 months - it really would suck to get stuck right after the time that the unbanning occured - however I cannot confirm this. My suggestion is just not do crappy reviews - bring problems like this to the ARC as well - they probably have a better answer.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 07:05:17

PS: Your going for 5000 posts today, right? I see you post in almost every topic. Only 16 more to go, congrats when you reach it.

Thanks!

At 7/31/05 12:26 AM, IvanTuroc wrote: From what I can gather, the reviews are to be deleted then the ban is lifted. This can only be done by an administrator currently. I think Wade handles most of that. Review mods do the banning however.

Yeah, it's just Wade that unbans reviewers and since he's a busy man, it could take a while for people to get unbanned. Still, I thin quite soon, reviewers will be unbanned.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 10:04:54

At 7/31/05 12:26 AM, IvanTuroc wrote: From what I can gather, the reviews are to be deleted then the ban is lifted. This can only be done by an administrator currently. I think Wade handles most of that. Review mods do the banning however.

I think review mods should do that as well. I mean a 6 month review ban is veeeery long for that review in which you said: "you suck". Some people deserve 6 months though.

Who are the review mods by the way? I only know ramagi is one, but that's about it.

At 7/31/05 07:05 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Yeah, it's just Wade that unbans reviewers and since he's a busy man, it could take a while for people to get unbanned. Still, I thin quite soon, reviewers will be unbanned.

What about The_Super_Flash_Brothers, liljim, Tom and some other admins? or is Wade the only one that unbans reviewers cause the rest just doesn't want to do that?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 11:16:43

At 7/31/05 10:04 AM, Auz wrote: Who are the review mods by the way? I only know ramagi is one, but that's about it.

I think the following people are review mods:

Denvish
Dobio
gfoxcook
jonthomson
Maus
Newgrundling
OsAmARaMa
Ozcar
RageVI
ramagi
RedCircle
TheJoe324
Uberbarista

Some of them might not be review mods, but I'm sure most of them are review mods.

What about The_Super_Flash_Brothers, liljim, Tom and some other admins? or is Wade the only one that unbans reviewers cause the rest just doesn't want to do that?

Super Flash Brothers? WTF? They're not admins. liljim usually takes care of the bugs and that. Tom doesn't really take care of abusive stuff much. Just news updares and that. Tim is and admin, because of the server things. So Wade is definately the only one that unbans reviewers.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 11:47:33

I think thats a pretty accurate list Bahamut. From what I have read on the BBS anyway.

As Bahamut mentioned, there is a new system in the works for reviewing. The admins have been pretty mute on the subject except to say a new system is coming.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-07-31 11:52:11

At 7/31/05 11:16 AM, Bahamut7 wrote::

I think the following people are review mods:

Denvish
Dobio
gfoxcook
jonthomson
Maus
Newgrundling
OsAmARaMa
Ozcar
RageVI
ramagi
RedCircle
TheJoe324
Uberbarista

So that's about all the BBS mods, thats kinda weird, just because they were model posters once they can also be review mods =S

Super Flash Brothers? WTF? They're not admins.

Ow wait now I see, their name was always highlighted in blue when they were online, but that's affliate, not admin =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-02 13:47:15

At 7/31/05 12:26 AM, IvanTuroc wrote:
From what I can gather, the reviews are to be deleted then the ban is lifted. This can only be done by an administrator currently. I think Wade handles most of that. Review mods do the banning however.

thats the sucky part about it though because abusive is all in the eye of the beholder. If you get an ass hole review mod on you, and they see something they dont like lik I probably would to that KWAS-something guy for three word reviews. Technicly it should be marked unhelpful, but seeing it alot may cause the mod in question to go ban crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-04 10:58:21

At 1/1/04 04:13 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hey i have wrote a few reviews myself sounds cool can i join...

~X~

lol.... @ first I was just looking @ the club n then I saw ur post n laughed then I saw ur profile and holy............

anyways, I think I might want to be in this club =)
Can I join =D