00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Adiwarr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

112,245 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-04 12:40:08

At 8/4/05 10:58 AM, police55 wrote:
lol.... @ first I was just looking @ the club n then I saw ur post n laughed then I saw ur profile and holy............

anyways, I think I might want to be in this club =)
Can I join =D

Sure you can join.

How's everybody else doing? Is there anybody who is actually still reviewing at all? I mean bahamut is still at about 320 and M-A-R-C-U-S, Yoink, Ryan and waynecolt haven't posted here since quite a while. I'd say this club is nearly death =S Where is everybody?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-04 12:43:12

At 8/4/05 10:58 AM, police55 wrote: Can I join =D

Sure, welcome.

At 8/4/05 12:40 PM, Auz wrote: How's everybody else doing? Is there anybody who is actually still reviewing at all? I mean bahamut is still at about 320 and M-A-R-C-U-S, Yoink, Ryan and waynecolt haven't posted here since quite a while. I'd say this club is nearly death =S Where is everybody?

Me: I'm at 323 reviews, although I havn't made a review for over a week now. :S
Yoink: Hmm, maybe he'll come quite soon to pop in.
Ryan: Same as Yoink.
X: Havn't seen him on the BBS recently. Maybe he will appear quite soon.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-04 18:36:31

At 8/4/05 12:40 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/4/05 10:58 AM, police55 wrote:
lol.... @ first I was just looking @ the club n then I saw ur post n laughed then I saw ur profile and holy............

anyways, I think I might want to be in this club =)
Can I join =D
Sure you can join.

Who says you can allow people to join! just kidding, yeah he can join

How's everybody else doing? Is there anybody who is actually still reviewing at all?

Yeah, I still cant review considering most of the content isnt library safe. I'm sure to be booted if one of the people looking in on what I'm doing get a glimse. Last year I was told to leave for looking at lyrics for "The Bloodhound Gang"

I mean bahamut is still at about 320

yeah, he doesnt exactly review alot

and M-A-R-C-U-S, Yoink, Ryan and waynecolt haven't posted here since quite a while.

yeah, I've noticed the whole decline for a while.

I'd say this club is nearly death =S Where is everybody?

Quick! take it back before it does die! lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-05 05:25:43

has anyone seen the "Take me home part one?" I think the song really goes with the flash......

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/256245

check it out!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-05 07:34:02

At 8/4/05 06:36 PM, MasterStalker wrote: yeah, he doesnt exactly review alot

I seem to be having a break from reviewing. I really need to make a review soon.

Hmm, Wade needs to unban reviewers since there are people that asked to join or did join that are review banned. OR I could put a link to this club in my sig.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-06 19:11:23

At 8/5/05 07:34 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:

Hmm, Wade needs to unban reviewers since there are people that asked to join or did join that are review banned. OR I could put a link to this club in my sig.

the last review clearing was in April wasn't it? Seems to me that it was.

I haven't reviewed in quite a while here. I've been busy with garageband reviews and stuff.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-09 13:49:08

wow, we arent moving at our once glorious speed. To pick things up a bit, I say you can make reviews in here about like... movies you've seen, games you've played, books you've read, you know, non- NG things. It doesnt go against the club since we're the reviewers crew. Non the NG review crew. what does every one think?(waits 12 business days for reply)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-10 13:52:46

0o0oo0oo!
I am the friend of all reviewers!

https://www.facebook.com/BBQBBM You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the BBQBEEFBURGERMAN, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-10 14:36:23

At 8/4/05 06:36 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
At 8/4/05 12:40 PM, Auz wrote:

Quick! take it back before it does die! lol

Yeah, I think I should, the reason why the sports club died is probably because everybody was whining about that it was dying.

At 8/9/05 01:49 PM, MasterStalker wrote: wow, we arent moving at our once glorious speed. To pick things up a bit, I say you can make reviews in here about like... movies you've seen, games you've played, books you've read, you know, non- NG things. It doesnt go against the club since we're the reviewers crew. Non the NG review crew. what does every one think?(waits 12 business days for reply)

That ain't such a bad idea, we are indeed not the NG reviewers crew, so I don't think the mods would mind of we reviewed some games, movies and stuff like that =)

At 8/10/05 01:52 PM, MochaClock wrote: 0o0oo0oo!
I am the friend of all reviewers!

Lol, everybody is a reviewer on Newgrounds my friend =)

View Your Reviews (252)
(With Responses Only (73))
Over 250 reviews, only 48 to go till 300.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-16 16:06:06

At 8/10/05 02:36 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah, I think I should, the reason why the sports club died is probably because everybody was whining about that it was dying.

Same fr the NG Supreme court. I take blame for that though because I was the noob doing the bitching.

At 8/9/05 01:49 PM, MasterStalker wrote: wow, we arent moving at our once glorious speed. To pick things up a bit, I say you can make reviews in here about like... movies you've seen, games you've played, books you've read, you know, non- NG things. It doesnt go against the club since we're the reviewers crew. Non the NG review crew. what does every one think?(waits 12 business days for reply)
That ain't such a bad idea, we are indeed not the NG reviewers crew, so I don't think the mods would mind of we reviewed some games, movies and stuff like that =)

Since you agree, I'll just post a review on Gungrave the game.

Has any one here ever played Gungrave for PS2? I personally didnt like it. here is my review on it, but first I should mention that its a third person shooter.

First off, I thought the game was completely lacking in longevity. I was able to beat it in under an hour, and there are only 6 levels. The controls were a little sub-par for my tastes. Grave's mobility sucks. He jogs as opposed to runs when you hold the run button, and he turns left and right ultra slow. there are only 3 attacks in the game. 1. Shoot, 2. swing coffin, 3) demolition shot. the demolition shot is like a special attack. The better you do during the game, the more of them you unlock, but there are only 3 to unlock. I personally dont mind the controls(except for the mobility issues), but it really feels like it's lacking something.

-----------------------------spoilers-----
-------------------------
while the game follows the anime, it doesnt follow it that closely. I thought that was cool because I dont want to play the axact same thing that I watch every night. I did however have a problem with the final stage. In the anime, Harry mcDowell kills Big Daddy after taking over Millenion, his Mafia based organization. In the game big daddy is the second to last boss, who was keept alive, and mutated into what looks like a smaller version of the final boss of Final Fantasy 9. And while we're on the topic of bosses, I should add that the bosses in the game have nothing on the superiors in the anime, I would have much rather fought them.
__________________end spoiler------------------------------

I thoght the graphics were a nice release from the 100 hour Disgaea: Hour of Darkness binge I was on.

All in all though, I felt the game was worth a 2/5 rating. It's fun at first, but it gets old quick. I recommend renting it and nothing more to those who havent played it yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-16 16:08:00

View Your Reviews (327)
(With Responses Only (130))

I made one review today and made two yesterday. Got two responses yesterday, which is good! :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-17 05:42:07

At 8/16/05 04:06 PM, MasterStalker wrote: A long review

Allright, I don't think I would buy that game =)

My turn then, I think I'll review the game Star Fox: Assault (Gamecube) which I borrowed from my cousin last week.

The game is certainly not bad, but I feel like it could use some more work. One thing that was very dissapointing was that I finished it in 4-5 hours. It only has 10 levels and 1 level takes about half an hour. I did that on bronze level, you can still try to beat it on silver and gold level after that, but it's only half the fun. You can also collect flags, every level has 5 and they are pretty hard to find.

Another thing you can collect is friendship medals. If Falco, Krystal and Slippy are still safe after the level, you get the medal. Sometimes they're attacked by enemies (always when they're in an arwing and they always have some enemies behind them which you have to shoot out of the air. They could think of some more ways).

The multiplayer option can be a lot of fun. You can unlock all kinds of stuff when you played a certain amount of matches. The things you can unlock are mostly new weapons and levels. I think the multiplayer option is a good part of it, only some more characters would be nice.

Overall I would rate it 6.8 out of 10. Like I said, the game was certainly not bad, but I'm glad I borrowed it, cause I considered buying it which would be dissapointing. I think SF: Adventures was better then this one, cause it took longer to beat it, the graphics were better and it was harder.

At 8/16/05 04:08 PM, BahamutClock wrote: View Your Reviews (327)
(With Responses Only (130))

I made one review today and made two yesterday. Got two responses yesterday, which is good! :D

View Your Reviews (255)
(With Responses Only (73))

I'm going a bit slow and I haven't received any responses lately. I review about once every two days now. I deffinatly didn't felt like reviewing on clock day, cause I guess most authors will delete their movies from that day. Would be a waste of time to review then + everybody was voting and reviewing unfairly anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-17 07:24:18

At 8/17/05 05:42 AM, Auz wrote: I deffinatly didn't felt like reviewing on clock day, cause I guess most authors will delete their movies from that day. Would be a waste of time to review then + everybody was voting and reviewing unfairly anyway.

I decided to make reviews on Clock Day anyway. Oh, I got another response, so that's 131 responses for me now! :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-19 07:36:45

Seems like all flagged reviews are finally deleted (or not). One of my reviews has also been deleted although I'm not sure if it was flagged, maybe just a deleted movie which I reviewed. Anybody else had any reviews removed? I saw a guy yesterday who had 6 reviews deleted, I already hate it when I lose 1.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-19 07:39:29

At 8/19/05 07:36 AM, Auz wrote: Seems like all flagged reviews are finally deleted (or not). One of my reviews has also been deleted although I'm not sure if it was flagged, maybe just a deleted movie which I reviewed. Anybody else had any reviews removed? I saw a guy yesterday who had 6 reviews deleted, I already hate it when I lose 1.

Yeah, I hate it when I lose reviews, especially ones that had responses. I've lost around 5 responses and around 15 reviews due to deletion.

Since people have been unbanned from reviewing, I hope some people are going to join and some people like iscruLz will post again.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-19 08:31:59

I might as well join, I like to review stuff. Is there any term's that you ain't mentioned?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-20 08:34:24

At 8/19/05 08:31 AM, Niran wrote: I might as well join, I like to review stuff.

Sure, welcome. I have a favour to ask. Could you create a profile please? Also, I wasn't too sure about the question you asked, sorry.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-20 10:18:25

At 8/19/05 08:31 AM, Niran wrote: I might as well join, I like to review stuff. Is there any term's that you ain't mentioned?

Yeah welcome, I also wanted to ask you to create a profile. It ain't that much work and it'll give you +20 exp points and it's also a bit easier for us. I'm not sure what you ment with terms, but I think you wanted to ask if there is something you must have before you can join. Well if that's the question then: No everybody can join if they like and I think we need some more active member here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-20 15:21:11

At 8/19/05 07:36 AM, Auz wrote: Seems like all flagged reviews are finally deleted (or not). One of my reviews has also been deleted although I'm not sure if it was flagged, maybe just a deleted movie which I reviewed. Anybody else had any reviews removed? I saw a guy yesterday who had 6 reviews deleted, I already hate it when I lose 1.

Nice review on Starfox, anyways to you question, I used to have 755 reviews. slowly but surely they're disapearing. At first I'm sure I did write a few abusive ones, but that was in like my first 30. after I found the top reviewers list in Wi/Ht i started reviewing like crazy and tried to be more of a model poster. Guess it pated off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-20 17:09:24

At 8/20/05 03:21 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Nice review on Starfox, anyways to you question, I used to have 755 reviews. slowly but surely they're disapearing. At first I'm sure I did write a few abusive ones, but that was in like my first 30. after I found the top reviewers list in Wi/Ht i started reviewing like crazy and tried to be more of a model poster. Guess it pated off.

Yeah same with me here. My first 50 are also not that good (one-liners and such). Later on I decided I should write some better reviews and they became longer and longer. Too bad they take a lot of time to write now so I really hate it when they're deleted. On the other hand, I guess I should stop complaining considering I only had 1 review removed, while other had 10 or more.

By the way, is that some other list then the top 10? Do you know where I could find that list? (just the topic title is okay or is it simply called top reviewers list?)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-21 08:29:40

At 8/20/05 05:09 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah same with me here. My first 50 are also not that good (one-liners and such). Later on I decided I should write some better reviews and they became longer and longer.

My first 50 reviews weren't good either. I was a noob at that time, but I did improve on reviewing after that. Around when I was in the 50's for reviews, I did make some ass long reviews.

By the way, is that some other list then the top 10? Do you know where I could find that list? (just the topic title is okay or is it simply called top reviewers list?)

Try searching for reviewers or top. You might be able to find it. I think it was locked in April.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-21 08:44:18

At 8/21/05 08:29 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Try searching for reviewers or top. You might be able to find it. I think it was locked in April.

Found it, you're right it was locked in april. Too bad, I was hoping I was somewhere on that list, but back in April I only had about 70 reviews and even if it was still open I think I would've been ranked close to 500th or something. If it was september '03 now I would've been number 74 =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-23 17:57:05

At 8/21/05 08:44 AM, Auz wrote:
At 8/21/05 08:29 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Try searching for reviewers or top. You might be able to find it. I think it was locked in April.
Found it, you're right it was locked in april. Too bad, I was hoping I was somewhere on that list, but back in April I only had about 70 reviews and even if it was still open I think I would've been ranked close to 500th or something. If it was september '03 now I would've been number 74 =)

yeah, that list was my inspiration on reviewing. I was hoping more of the people from that thread would come here like M-A-R-C-U-S and X did. That was one of the few things that kept me at NG.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-24 06:11:39

At 8/23/05 05:57 PM, MasterStalker wrote: yeah, that list was my inspiration on reviewing. I was hoping more of the people from that thread would come here like M-A-R-C-U-S and X did. That was one of the few things that kept me at NG.

Then why don't we start a list here? =) If we just find the latest list, I think that one hasn't changed that much, it wouldn't be that hard to make a top 50 or 100. And if we found someone who has more reviews, we'll just add him and remove the number 50/100. (If newgrounds just had a ranking for reviews like retrogade has, it would've been even easier, but meh..).

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-24 08:00:18

If I can still join, I'd really like to.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-25 13:45:12

At 8/24/05 06:11 AM, Auz wrote: Then why don't we start a list here? =) If we just find the latest list, I think that one hasn't changed that much, it wouldn't be that hard to make a top 50 or 100. And if we found someone who has more reviews, we'll just add him and remove the number 50/100. (If newgrounds just had a ranking for reviews like retrogade has, it would've been even easier, but meh..).

thats not a bad idea, except I wouldnt have the time to maintain it. jonthomson had an automated system for it I think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-25 13:50:58

My reviews have gotten better and better they are longer and more critical. I haven't reviewed in a while. Maybe when a good movie comes out I will. In the mean time you guys can check out and review our series. Little Fighter Alpha

It's a great series, and when you are done you'll have +8 reviews!

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-25 13:58:03

At 8/25/05 01:50 PM, AnzRage wrote: My reviews have gotten better and better they are longer and more critical. I haven't reviewed in a while. Maybe when a good movie comes out I will. In the mean time you guys can check out and review our series. Little Fighter Alpha

It's a great series, and when you are done you'll have +8 reviews!

I personally cant since I'm at a library and they dont aprove of flash here. I'm sure the other members will though. Oh, and Make sure you respond to some of our reviews. most of us prid ourselves on how many responses we can get.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-25 14:12:59

At 8/24/05 08:00 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: If I can still join, I'd really like to.

Yep, you can join. Welcome! :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-08-25 14:25:25

At 8/25/05 02:12 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 8/24/05 08:00 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: If I can still join, I'd really like to.
Yep, you can join. Welcome! :D

thanks for that bahumut, I missed that post.

BBS Signature