00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

111,890 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 04:20:45

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (833) -- With Responses Only (418)

I'm slowly recovering from the loss after _Guardian_'s deletion. I just need 8 more reviews and 8 more responses and I'll be back where I was.

At 4/28/06 02:47 PM, turbosquad wrote: hello chaps! just stopping by to see whats going down...i know what your thinking...

Hello thread starter. :)

At 4/28/06 06:54 PM, Lidov wrote: Maybe I should write shorter reviews until I get used to reviewing again, I really don't want to do it, but if I won't have a choice, I will. By short I don't mean 3 liners or even 5 liners, so don't worry, I won't spam.

Yep, and try reviewing smaller flashes. I sometimes feel I should make shorter reviews, but I always have some other things to say in the reviews I make.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 08:21:10

What movies did this Guardian guy have? I didn't notice any of my reviews gone so I must not have reviewed a ton of his stuff.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 08:23:44

At 4/29/06 08:21 AM, milinko959 wrote: What movies did this Guardian guy have? I didn't notice any of my reviews gone so I must not have reviewed a ton of his stuff.

He had 11 flashes that got turd of the week (some of them were co-authors). Some of those flashes were, OMG HALO HENTAI, a Half-Life collab and there was some other flashes like that which lacked effort, but were made to annoy people.

Also, NEW KWAS FLASH! :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 08:24:42

At 4/29/06 08:23 AM, Bahamut- wrote: Also, NEW KWAS FLASH! :D

Yeah, I reviewed that last night. It's funny, but not nearly as good as the first installment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 08:26:52

At 4/29/06 08:21 AM, milinko959 wrote: What movies did this Guardian guy have? I didn't notice any of my reviews gone so I must not have reviewed a ton of his stuff.

You gotta be kidding me! _Guaridan_ had many movies (I don't remember how many, something around 15, maybe more) and he was the turd king. He was the user with the most turn of the week award. But another thing which was special with his movies is that he always responded to the reviews which were reviewed for his movies. So I, when I first got into the responses list (since it began), wanted to get a lot of responses, so I reviewed 13 of _Guardian's flashes (maybe it is all of his flashes) and got 13 responses. Now they are gone and I am sad. :-(
He was a pretty good wi\ht? regular and bbs poster as well, he will be missed, at least by me.

At 4/29/06 04:20 AM, Bahamut- wrote: Yep, and try reviewing smaller flashes. I sometimes feel I should make shorter reviews, but I always have some other things to say in the reviews I make.

Yes, that is what I did, but smaller reviews are usually crappy, so there is a lot of things to fix, so my review gets very long, so I will just try to review regular flashes (and small among them) in a shorter way. Not too short though.

Hey KWAS, you suckz0rz!
At 4/29/06 02:12 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Thats a start in the right direction, good luck...

Thanks, good luck to you too, with your wriiting dozens of reviews a day thingy...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 10:35:34

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (850) -- With Responses Only (418)

Wow, I've been making lots of reviews today and I hit the 850 review mark. Of course, 850 isn't much of a special number, but it tells me I'm only 150 reviews away from my BIG review goal! But for now, why don't I try to aim for 888 reviews and then 900 reviews? :)

It depends if I feel like reviewing a little more today and if I review tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will be reviewing tomorrow due to Pico Day, so I'll be too busy in the portal. I think I might make a review or 2 on that day, however.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 11:46:53

View Your Flash Portal Reviews 850 With Responses Only 418
BIG review goal! But for now, why don't I try to aim for 888 reviews and then 900 reviews?

Go ahead! No ones stoping you.

It depends if I feel like reviewing a little more today and if I review tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will be reviewing tomorrow due to Pico Day, so I'll be too busy in the portal. I think I might make a review or 2 on that day, however.

I am going to be on all day tomorrow because of Pico day! Blam Fest!

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 12:28:02

At 4/29/06 02:12 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hey stranger long time what ya been upto...?

hey X! not much to report on this end...im in Iceland right now if anyone cares, and ill be leaving to go to italy here in a few months. whats new with you?

At 4/29/06 04:20 AM, Bahamut- wrote: Hello thread starter. :)

hello to you too!

...i've been here a while...

This is my awesome new sig...Do you like it?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-29 22:26:56

I haven't been very studious about reporting responding artists, but here is one. Alejandro Suarez. He only has 3 movies now, but he's very appreciative of reviews and responds quickly.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 03:54:37

At 4/29/06 11:46 AM, Seamonky wrote: Go ahead! No ones stoping you.

Actually, there's something called laziness that can stop me once again! :P

I am going to be on all day tomorrow because of Pico day! Blam Fest!

I got up a little earlier today for Pico Day! =D

At 4/29/06 10:26 PM, milinko959 wrote: I haven't been very studious about reporting responding artists, but here is one. Alejandro Suarez. He only has 3 movies now, but he's very appreciative of reviews and responds quickly.

Ah, thanks for finding that responding author! =)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 05:31:49

At 4/29/06 12:28 PM, turbosquad wrote: hey X! not much to report on this end...im in Iceland right now if anyone cares, and ill be leaving to go to italy here in a few months. whats new with you?

Sounds like you are having some fun, as for me i am so enjoying my wireless net it is suprefast im in love with it hehe...

At 4/29/06 11:46 AM, Seamonky wrote: I am going to be on all day tomorrow because of Pico day! Blam Fest!

Yeah as soon as midnigt came around its been steady in the portal with mixtures of regular flash and sightings of pico flash...

At 4/29/06 08:26 AM, Lidov wrote: Thanks, good luck to you too, with your wriiting dozens of reviews a day thingy...

Yeah its going good i have been on a steady roll of about 10 a day im pleased with it...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 05:36:44

At 4/30/06 05:31 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yeah its going good i have been on a steady roll of about 10 a day im pleased with it...

Yeah, you've reviewed so much you've made more reviews than me this week so far.

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (863) -- With Responses Only (427)

I've been in a good reviewing mood recently, so I decided to write more reviews and I've recovered from the reviews and responses loss earlier this week. =P

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 10:31:27

At 4/30/06 05:36 AM, Andersson wrote: View Your Flash Portal Reviews (863) -- With Responses Only (427)

Super awesome! In spite of the fact that your responses rate is under 50% it seems like you are back reviewing, amI right? Also, you already have 871, so you are continuing. Don't tell me you will betray this crew like milikno and ~X~ and leave me the only not reviewing member.

At 4/30/06 05:31 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yeah its going good i have been on a steady roll of about 10 a day im pleased with it...

Well, you should be pleased with your 10 reviews a day, especially when you usually write more than 10 reviews a day. Also, good to see that KWAS is losing his power and that the gap between you two is getting bigger.

At 4/29/06 12:28 PM, turbosquad wrote: Blah

What, you're still here? Get out of my newgrounds stranger!

As for me, I barely review, it seems like (for now) I am keeping my 2 reviews per day thing, but nothing more than that. I also write too long reviews, which sucks because it takes a lot of time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 12:02:51

At 4/30/06 10:31 AM, Lidov wrote: Super awesome! In spite of the fact that your responses rate is under 50% it seems like you are back reviewing, amI right? Also, you already have 871, so you are continuing. Don't tell me you will betray this crew like milikno and ~X~ and leave me the only not reviewing member.

Well, wait until Roflmuffin responds to my reviews. Then it should be over 50%! =D And a further increase from responses I'm waiting for.

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (875) -- With Responses Only (430)

875 reviews, yes! I am getting close to 900 reviews and even closer to 1000 reviews. =) I should try and make some reviews during the weekday to get to 888 reviews and then 12 reviews next Saturday to get to 900 reviews.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 14:01:34

You've been pretty busy today...unfortunately I've done a mere five reviews so far today. I'm just not in the mood :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-30 15:48:30

Ā» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (482) -- With Responses Only (77)

Not bad, considering I'm not in the mood to review at all. Perhaps I'll churn out a few next week, but don't expect me to get on the top 100 list until summer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 01:29:20

At 4/30/06 05:36 AM, Andersson wrote: Yeah, you've reviewed so much you've made more reviews than me this week so far.

I took abit timeout for the entire day to work on the pico day, but now thats its over i can get back to review duty...

Im really tired though i lost so much sleep but for 236 b/p's for the day i cant complain...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 05:15:29

At 5/1/06 01:29 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I took abit timeout for the entire day to work on the pico day, but now thats its over i can get back to review duty...

I was able to do my review duties on Pico Day! =P

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (875) -- With Responses Only (431)

Bastard flash authors not responding to my reviews!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 09:17:46

At 5/1/06 05:15 AM, Andersson wrote: Bastard flash authors not responding to my reviews!

Bastards! However, I reviewed 2 movies in Pico day (one of them is Tom Fulp's, cuz I am awesome) and I got two responses. Of course that Top Fulp didn't respond to my review, but I got a response from an older review+a response from the super awesome TmsT. It was a pretty good response, maybe the best response I have seen which is actually concerning with the movie itself (not the review Bezman). At least now I know that quality reviewing pays.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 09:42:43

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (900) -- With Responses Only (436)

Heh, I know I said I'd try and gain 13 reviews during the weekdays, but I decided to go and review to 900 reviews today and look at that, I got it! Now, I better wait for lots of responses. BBQBeefburgerman said he's be responding to my reviews I gave to him today and there's Roflmuffin who owes me lots of responses as well, lol! So that's around 37 responses I'm waiting to get and maybe a few more from the Pico Day flashes I reviewed yesterday!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 11:03:55

Crap...

Now i hate reviewing the wrong movie sigh, this has only happened to me like 3x in my reviewing time on newgrounds...

Has this happened to anyone before...?

GRRRR....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 12:25:49

At 4/25/06 07:06 AM, Lidov wrote:
At 4/24/06 09:44 PM, owTolaH wrote: Can I join? I'm kind of new, but my reviews aren't bad
Um... Why is your review for The death of P-Bot exactly similar to Agak's?

It seems there was some sort of in-joke in that submission's reviews... quite confusing.

At 4/28/06 02:47 PM, turbosquad wrote: hello chaps! just stopping by to see whats going down...i know what your thinking..."Who the hell is this guy?" i posted a few times back in december...im technically a "member" (check under the creator column on the c&c homepage) but not at all active and not at all a frequent "reviewer", so i dont consider myself a member anymore...just wanted to see how the club was fairing and say "hey" to XwaynecoltX. thats all, ill take no more of your time...

Heya!

Iceland? Wow!... That's in the Arctic Circle, right? Must be a wierd experience.

At 4/29/06 08:26 AM, Lidov wrote: You gotta be kidding me! _Guaridan_ had many movies (I don't remember how many, something around 15, maybe more) and he was the turd king. He was the user with the most turn of the week award. But another thing which was special with his movies is that he always responded to the reviews which were reviewed for his movies. So I, when I first got into the responses list (since it began), wanted to get a lot of responses, so I reviewed 13 of _Guardian's flashes (maybe it is all of his flashes) and got 13 responses. Now they are gone and I am sad. :-(
He was a pretty good wi\ht? regular and bbs poster as well, he will be missed, at least by me.

I never actually took the time to check out his stuff, I don't think.

How many turds would you say he had?

At 5/1/06 05:15 AM, Andersson wrote:
At 5/1/06 01:29 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I took abit timeout for the entire day to work on the pico day, but now thats its over i can get back to review duty...
I was able to do my review duties on Pico Day! =P

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (875) -- With Responses Only (431)

Bastard flash authors not responding to my reviews!

I respond. And I've submitted a new effort...

At 5/1/06 09:17 AM, Lidov wrote:
At 5/1/06 05:15 AM, Andersson wrote: Bastard flash authors not responding to my reviews!
Bastards! However, I reviewed 2 movies in Pico day (one of them is Tom Fulp's, cuz I am awesome) and I got two responses. Of course that Top Fulp didn't respond to my review, but I got a response from an older review+a response from the super awesome TmsT. It was a pretty good response, maybe the best response I have seen which is actually concerning with the movie itself (not the review Bezman). At least now I know that quality reviewing pays.

Link? (To the movie.) I'd like to know what you're on about.

At 5/1/06 11:03 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Crap...

Now i hate reviewing the wrong movie sigh, this has only happened to me like 3x in my reviewing time on newgrounds...

Has this happened to anyone before...?

GRRRR....

~X~

Yes. Maybe 2 times to me. And I've got far less reviews than you. Having multiple windows open, specially with similar titles... In all the cases, I basically e-mailed the author and explained, giving them the review I meant to have written. In one case, the author posted my intended review as his response.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 13:46:43

At 5/1/06 12:25 PM, Bezman wrote: Link? (To the movie.) I'd like to know what you're on about.

Here is a link to the movie of which I was reviewing, Fiberglass monkey. My review is currently in here, so hurry up clicking, since the move is on the front page.
Just out of interests, why do you want to know what I am talking about?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 14:08:16

At 5/1/06 01:46 PM, Lidov wrote:
At 5/1/06 12:25 PM, Bezman wrote: Link? (To the movie.) I'd like to know what you're on about.
Here is a link to the movie of which I was reviewing, Fiberglass monkey. My review is currently in here, so hurry up clicking, since the move is on the front page.
Just out of interests, why do you want to know what I am talking about?

I meant the one from TmsT. I saw that one easily enough by checking your profile. You said it was maybe the best response you'd had. It's natural for me to be curious.

And generally, don't you like to know what folk are talking about?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 14:24:54

At 5/1/06 02:08 PM, Bezman wrote: I meant the one from TmsT. I saw that one easily enough by checking your profile. You said it was maybe the best response you'd had. It's natural for me to be curious.

You meant the one from TmsT? Well, isn't it what I have linked you to? I don't like being confused... Also, I said that it is the best response I have ever had which responds to the review about the movie and not reviews the review, because your the best Bez ;-)

Honestly? No.
But of course that I am joking and that we do want to know what we are talking about.
Now, if you will excuse me, I will have to review two movies today, or I will loose my 2 reviews per day thingy I am trying to do.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 15:18:27

At 5/1/06 02:24 PM, Lidov wrote:
At 5/1/06 02:08 PM, Bezman wrote: I meant the one from TmsT. I saw that one easily enough by checking your profile. You said it was maybe the best response you'd had. It's natural for me to be curious.
You meant the one from TmsT? Well, isn't it what I have linked you to? I don't like being confused...

Ermmmm........ brain error. I misread 'Fiberglass Monkey' as 'Newgroundsillaz 5'. Don't ask me how. Maybe because it has 'Monkey' in the title, my brain leap to that confusion. Bad, bad brain.

Also, I said that it is the best response I have ever had which responds to the review about the movie and not reviews the review, because your the best Bez ;-)

Aww thankyou! I thought it was like two seperate categories and you weren't gonna compare.

You should totally check out what I submitted on Pico Day. Only 4 reviews and as always, I'm HUNGRY for feedback! We're gonna keep going and add all we originally wanted to resubmit in a couple of months or whenever.

Honestly? No.
But of course that I am joking and that we do want to know what we are talking about.
Now, if you will excuse me, I will have to review two movies today, or I will loose my 2 reviews per day thingy I am trying to do.

Have you checked out IllWillPresso? I found 2 of his 3 movies amusing and you could write a short review for them... check his profile message. Heh.

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/309851

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 15:38:18

At 5/1/06 03:18 PM, Bezman wrote: Ermmmm........ brain error. I misread 'Fiberglass Monkey' as 'Newgroundsillaz 5'. Don't ask me how. Maybe because it has 'Monkey' in the title, my brain leap to that confusion. Bad, bad brain.

Heh, tell me about it ;-)

Aww thankyou! I thought it was like two seperate categories and you weren't gonna compare.

I can compare everything to everything, for everything has at least one catagory which they both share.

even oranges and potatos?

Especially oranges potatos.

You should totally check out what I submitted on Pico Day. Only 4 reviews and as always, I'm HUNGRY for feedback! We're gonna keep going and add all we originally wanted to resubmit in a couple of months or whenever.

Well, I will not review it right now, because I am very tired, and I don't want to review your movies while I am not 100% focused. Besides, today is the remembrance day to the Israeli soldiers who died in the wars and such, I should sit in my chair and cry all day, not review! Silly.

Have you checked out IllWillPresso? I found 2 of his 3 movies amusing and you could write a short review for them... check his profile message. Heh.

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/309851

Sounds fine, I will try to review them now, if you don't mind. Well, I don't really care if you mind or not actually...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 16:07:53

At 4/25/06 07:06 AM, Lidov wrote:
At 4/24/06 08:34 PM, Agak wrote:

Um... Why is your review for The death of P-Bot exactly similar to Agak's?

Okay, to enlighten everyone, owtolah is one of my friends who I introduced to Ng, he went on vacation and I was depositing his points. I accidently wrote a review on his account, and got pissed because it took a pretty long time, so I just copied it. Didn't think it would be such a big deal, sorry if I offended somebody. Also, he's a pretty good reviwer, so you should probobly let him in.

Also, I hit 825 reviews, hope to get 900 by the end of this week. I'm coming to get you, -Bahamut >:)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 16:11:57

At 5/1/06 04:07 PM, Agak wrote: Explaination

Oh... Now it is all clear, I am glad to hear that everything there is legal. And no, you haven't offended anyone, I don't think there is a reason for it too.
Also, review my reviews already! A ban is not an excuse!
;-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 16:17:32

At 5/1/06 04:11 PM, Lidov wrote:

Also, review my reviews already! A ban is not an excuse!
;-)

Wow, I thought that topic died out and didn't look back since, I'll get to it right away, stay tuned!