00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

femivore just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

112,243 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 20:47:04

At 5/1/06 03:38 PM, Lidov wrote: I can compare everything to everything, for everything has at least one catagory which they both share.
even oranges and potatos?
Especially oranges potatos.

Totally true. It irks me when people say, "<x> is so much better than <y> - they'r incomparable!", when they've just compared them in that very sentence.

You should totally check out what I submitted on Pico Day. Only 4 reviews and as always, I'm HUNGRY for feedback! We're gonna keep going and add all we originally wanted to resubmit in a couple of months or whenever.
Well, I will not review it right now, because I am very tired, and I don't want to review your movies while I am not 100% focused. Besides, today is the remembrance day to the Israeli soldiers who died in the wars and such, I should sit in my chair and cry all day, not review! Silly.

I didn't know that this was a remembrance day. It's a game so try to get the hang of it and maybe complete it if you can. Level 7 has a problem with my design and doesn't actually end (though you'll know when it's 'beaten'), but I sent Danny the new level files to insert. So it should be sorted soon.

Have you checked out IllWillPresso? I found 2 of his 3 movies amusing and you could write a short review for them... check his profile message. Heh.

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/309851
Sounds fine, I will try to review them now, if you don't mind. Well, I don't really care if you mind or not actually...

Oh no! I hat you!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-01 22:10:39

At 5/1/06 04:07 PM, Agak wrote:
At 4/25/06 07:06 AM, Lidov wrote:
At 4/24/06 08:34 PM, Agak wrote:

Um... Why is your review for The death of P-Bot exactly similar to Agak's?
Okay, to enlighten everyone, owtolah is one of my friends who I introduced to Ng, he went on vacation and I was depositing his points. I accidently wrote a review on his account, and got pissed because it took a pretty long time, so I just copied it. Didn't think it would be such a big deal, sorry if I offended somebody.

Sorry to double-post, but thanks, Agak, for explaining that. It's rather strange.

BUt check this out...

http://newgrounds.co..id=308982&page=2
review by 'Fickludd' bottom of that page.

http://newgrounds.co..id=308982&page=4
That's Agak's 'double posting' for referenc.

I thought it was an in-joke going on.

I guess he just saw your reviews and was making a joke... though if you know anything about that, it'd be interesting to know the explanation.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-02 06:53:52

At 5/1/06 08:47 PM, Bezman wrote: Totally true. It irks me when people say, "&lt;x&gt; is so much better than &lt;y&gt; - they'r incomparable!", when they've just compared them in that very sentence.

Lol...Irks. But yes, I totally agree with you on that, you can't say one thing and then the other in the same sentance. Although x is much better than y in this case.

I didn't know that this was a remembrance day. It's a game so try to get the hang of it and maybe complete it if you can. Level 7 has a problem with my design and doesn't actually end (though you'll know when it's 'beaten'), but I sent Danny the new level files to insert. So it should be sorted soon.

Oh, but it is, this is the Israeli remembrance day for the soldiers who died at wars and it is not over yet, it will be over at about 8. At 8 today it is our independence day, and I won't be here. Anyway, I will try to review it soon, maybe I won't today, but I will sometime.

Oh no! I hat you!

I hat you too.

The Reviewers Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-02 09:23:32

At 5/2/06 06:53 AM, Lidov wrote: Oh, but it is, this is the Israeli remembrance day for the soldiers who died at wars and it is not over yet, it will be over at about 8. At 8 today it is our independence day, and I won't be here. Anyway, I will try to review it soon, maybe I won't today, but I will sometime.

I should have split that paragraph in two. I didn't mean to ask you to review during the day of remembrance, as that paragraph maybe makes it sound.

Anyhow. Remembrance... for which wars? Any in particular?

I hat you too.

Thank you!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-02 10:45:58

At 5/1/06 04:07 PM, Agak wrote: Also, I hit 825 reviews, hope to get 900 by the end of this week. I'm coming to get you, -Bahamut >:)

Yeah, but I hope to get 1000 reviews on Monday! :P I should nicely get to 500 responses and stop right there. Once I get to 500 responses, all I need then is to get to 1k reviews (I could review some popular author like illwill then). I won't be bothered if you get to 1k reviews before me, but it WOULD bother me if you got 1k for all 5 stats before me!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-02 16:07:42

At 5/2/06 10:45 AM, Andersson wrote: Yeah, but I hope to get 1000 reviews on Monday! :P

Monday you say?? well good luck with that one, i noticed after about 5 days Kwass is reviewing again, heh...

The portal was free of kwass one-liners for 5 days haha...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-02 17:26:14

It must bet boring just writing one liners all the time, I can't imagine it...not writing atleast a few sentences for a good movie.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 04:45:11

At 5/2/06 05:26 PM, milinko959 wrote: It must bet boring just writing one liners all the time, I can't imagine it...not writing atleast a few sentences for a good movie.

Im sure he only writes those one-liners for the number cont and on wanting to be #1 but honestly i wont let that happen not anytime soon...

anyways maybe some of you are tired of seeing this but hey it is 14,000

~X~

The Reviewers Club

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 10:49:51

At 5/2/06 04:07 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Monday you say?? well good luck with that one, i noticed after about 5 days Kwass is reviewing again, heh...

Well, maybe not Monday. A little later, I guess. Maybe another week. It's just making 100 reviews in a week will be very hard, especially I'm trying to be careful with which flashes to review for responses and that! =P

Congrats on 14k! =D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 11:52:24

At 12/27/03 04:07 AM, GoatPOWER wrote: Haha, you only have 29 reviews!

and so what?
is the number important?
yes i love to review submissions
to write a big text, saying how good/bad it was, saying how to improve and not just "jeez never submit here again ok dude?" or "wtf was that??????????????????"
well ive made some mistakes but now i have already learned my lesson!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 14:46:44

At 5/3/06 04:45 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: 14,000

Congrats!

At 5/3/06 11:52 AM, DArt_2050 wrote:
At 12/27/03 04:07 AM, GoatPOWER wrote: Haha, you only have 29 reviews!
and so what?
is the number important?
yes i love to review submissions
to write a big text, saying how good/bad it was, saying how to improve and not just "jeez never submit here again ok dude?" or "wtf was that??????????????????"
well ive made some mistakes but now i have already learned my lesson!

Firstly - why bring up something from 3 years ago? Chances are he won't be here anymore.

Secondly - you love 'to write a big text'? Looking at the last couple of pages of your reviews would suggest otherwise. Some are good, but none are what I'd call 'a big text' and you've got a few 1-liners.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 17:04:06

I'm pissed that this piece of shit got underdog of the week.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 17:55:15

At 5/3/06 05:04 PM, milinko959 wrote: I'm pissed that this piece of shit got underdog of the week.

I agree %100, everyone has there own way of reviewing, I don't need a noob with like ten reviews telling me how to review

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 18:00:27

At 5/3/06 05:04 PM, milinko959 wrote: I'm pissed that this piece of shit got underdog of the week.

WTF! How to review? I got my own way of reviewing thank you very much. That is the stupidest tutorial that I have ever seen.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 20:48:47

If you read it, most the comments are on fairly valid points - don't swear excessively, give constructive criticism, don't be a total asshole...

I'd disagree when he says you should vote based on quality, not how much you enjoyed it - I'd say the reverse, thinking an impressive tech demo lacking entertainment value shouldn't really be on here.

But for the most part, his points are valid. Everyone here to my knowledge basically does all that anyway.

He's not trying to enforce a reviewing style - just trying to encourage people to give proper reviews as the folk in here do anyway (but some others on NG don't).

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 22:27:01

Yesssss, it took a while, but I hit 100 reviews this week.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-03 23:30:27

Yeah i agree that people should review there own way of seeing it but also wothin reason of ng standards and rules...

I try and base my reviews on many points, presentation is a first, and filesize may be another big factor...

But the effort and time put into a flash is something very important aswell...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-04 09:28:27

At 5/2/06 09:23 AM, Bezman wrote: I should have split that paragraph in two. I didn't mean to ask you to review during the day of remembrance, as that paragraph maybe makes it sound.

Nah, I was pretty much joking, I didn't really mean that we have to cry all day, though it is a sad day. Don't worry about it ;-)

Anyhow. Remembrance... for which wars? Any in particular?

No, all of Israels's wars and all of the soldiers who died during these wars.

Thank you!

You welcome.... Now I mug you >:-(

At 5/2/06 05:26 PM, milinko959 wrote: It must bet boring just writing one liners all the time, I can't imagine it...not writing atleast a few sentences for a good movie.

Maybe it is, I don't know... Ask KWAS.

At 5/3/06 04:45 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: anyways maybe some of you are tired of seeing this but hey it is 14,000

OGM! I can't believe I missed it, I was waiting for it for a long time. Congrats to you, kick KWAS in the azz!

Me too, I have also reviewed it, I will tell you about this interesting story at the end of the post.

The end of the review- So I tried to review this movie, and I guess I have exaggerated a bit, and I have found out that I had something like 5,000 charecters. I tried to make it shorter, but I didn't succeed, so I splitted it to two reviews, one with an alt. This is the first time I have done this kind of thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-04 10:58:26

At 5/3/06 10:27 PM, Agak wrote: Yesssss, it took a while, but I hit 100 reviews this week.

Congrats! And I've only made....2 reviews since Tuesday, lol. Well, all I'm mainly doing is waiting for responses, so I guess this could take a week. =| I did gain 2 responses yesterday, however! =)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-04 20:25:20

At 5/4/06 09:28 AM, Lidov wrote: OGM! I can't believe I missed it, I was waiting for it for a long time. Congrats to you, kick KWAS in the azz!

Thanks, i have been slacking before this week but i really have been on a roll now, just expect good things from X reviewing hehe...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 07:42:26

Today, I have written my longest review ever, for the most awesome movie ever whose name is The YuYu. The review was so long that it had to devide itself into two very long reviews by my current account and an alt, the review is currently here, but since this movie gets 3909238 reviews a day, it means nothing. The review is close to 7,800 charecters and to 1,500 words. I just couldn't stop brabering about this movie, it was so awesome, I didn't even plan it to be that long. Anyway, hopefully, I will get a response from him, hopefully.

At 5/4/06 08:25 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Thanks, i have been slacking before this week but i really have been on a roll now, just expect good things from X reviewing hehe...

To me it seems like you review a lot lately, maybe you can even make the gap between you and KWAS larger than it used to be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 10:44:59

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (903) -- With Responses Only (439)

Meh, 1 review and 1 response gained. Better than nothing.

At 5/5/06 07:42 AM, Lidov wrote: Today, I have written my longest review ever, for the most awesome movie ever whose name is The YuYu. The review was so long that it had to devide itself into two very long reviews by my current account and an alt, the review is currently here, but since this movie gets 3909238 reviews a day, it means nothing.

Umm, do you know what happened to Afro_Stud's alts? =(

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 10:52:31

At 5/5/06 10:44 AM, Andersson wrote: Umm, do you know what happened to Afro_Stud's alts? =(

No... Did something bad happened to them?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 11:08:27

At 5/5/06 10:52 AM, Lidov wrote: No... Did something bad happened to them?

Yeah, a review mod found out about Afro_Stud using more than one accounts to write the entire review of his for a few flashes! He was told those reviews would be deleted, but instead, Wade deleted Afro_Stud's alt accounts (not all of them, but those that had "Afro_" in the name), so Wade ended up deleting Major_punk's alt as well for no fucking reason!

Well, to get the negative stuff out of the way about Wade and Afro_Stud, I watched the YuYu flash and I was amazed at the flash! I even gave it a long review! I did make another long review like that a while ago on the Resident Cactuar flash! =D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 11:11:54

At 5/5/06 11:08 AM, Andersson wrote: Yeah, a review mod found out about Afro_Stud using more than one accounts to write the entire review of his for a few flashes!

What? I didn't know that there is something wrong with using more than one account in order to write a review to a certain movie. That totally sucks because I got a response from him and I don't want it to get deleted.
If it is against the rules they should write it somewhere >:- ( !

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 15:46:41

At 5/5/06 10:44 AM, Andersson wrote: View Your Flash Portal Reviews (903) -- With Responses Only (439)

Meh, 1 review and 1 response gained. Better than nothing.

Told you I'd respond :P

Holy crap Lidov, your reviews are long. Wow. I need to study your reviews and learn from them, or something. I should concentrate on getting 500 first.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 17:48:30

At 5/5/06 03:46 PM, wizardman wrote: Holy crap Lidov, your reviews are long. Wow. I need to study your reviews and learn from them, or something. I should concentrate on getting 500 first.

Yeah they are, he is a champion among champion, hehe...

I was thinking just now that, what if there was some sorta kwass day??? haha now that would be funny...

sorta lol...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-05 19:31:20

At 5/5/06 03:46 PM, wizardman wrote: Holy crap Lidov, your reviews are long. Wow. I need to study your reviews and learn from them, or something. I should concentrate on getting 500 first.

Well, I am not that sure that you need to study much from my reviews, all you need to do is to notice every detail in the movie, especially the ones that bothered you. Then you have to write it in any way you would like in your review, if you write everything you want to say in less than 500 charecters, there is no need to add more.

At 5/5/06 05:48 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yeah they are, he is a champion among champion, hehe...

Well, I am not that sure, I started reviewing back again with long reviews only a few weeks ago (or maybe even less than that...).

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-06 04:15:11

View Your Flash Portal Reviews (907) -- With Responses Only (447)

I got some more responses off BBQBeefburgerman! However, I'm still waiting to get more responses from him! =P

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-05-07 01:25:47

At 5/6/06 04:15 AM, Andersson wrote: View Your Flash Portal Reviews (907) -- With Responses Only (447)

Nice, I'm getting pretty close to you in terms of reviews, so you better watch out. Still, I'm no where close in responses, I think I just made the leaderboards with 131 >_>

I got some more responses off BBQBeefburgerman! However, I'm still waiting to get more responses from him! =P

Yeah, he's cool, I also get responses off of him, but I write long, thoughtful reviews to him :P