00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,664 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:26:39

and wth this post I do cropss the threshhold of the 4000 posts mark....wow..........I cna stop whoring myslef in general now.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:30:40

At 3/2/05 04:06 PM, Coop83 wrote: BTW, for those of you not in the know, CMOT in Dibbler's name stands for Cut My Own Throat (Hence me calling him 'Throat') See Discworld for more details of this wonderful subject.

Thanks tips!

At 3/2/05 04:26 PM, -Manic- wrote: and wth this post I do cropss the threshhold of the 4000 posts mark....wow..........I cna stop whoring myslef in general now.

lol! I havnt posted in general much at all latly. Maybe twice in the last couple weeks. My post count is respectable though. ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:31:44

At 3/2/05 04:30 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: lol! I havnt posted in general much at all latly. Maybe twice in the last couple weeks. My post count is respectable though. ^_^

lol I normally post in general a few time in a day but today IVe posted like 10 tiems in it O_o Im a total post whore at the moment............and I'm still in the middle of an identity crisis lmao.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:36:25

At 3/2/05 04:26 PM, -Manic- wrote: and wth this post I do cropss the threshhold of the 4000 posts mark....wow..........I cna stop whoring myslef in general now.

Tell it to the Level up lounge in Wi/Ht.
I'll congratulate you on it, tomorrow.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:44:57

At 3/2/05 04:36 PM, Coop83 wrote: Tell it to the Level up lounge in Wi/Ht.
I'll congratulate you on it, tomorrow.

I could do but....................that involves going into Wi/ht and that palce scares me :S full of strange people that are higher level than me and know sutff I don't :S

Im in such a weird mood right now..............bah i need some sleep!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:45:57

At 3/2/05 04:44 PM, -Manic- wrote: I could do but....................that involves going into Wi/ht and that palce scares me :S full of strange people that are higher level than me and know sutff I don't :S

Wrong. The people there are very nice.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:47:47

At 3/2/05 04:45 PM, WithoutCease wrote: Wrong. The people there are very nice.

oh...well maybe I will pop in.....................

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:51:01

I am a frequent there if it help you any i nyour decision. Coop seems to have joined in lately as well. ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 16:57:38

At 3/2/05 04:51 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I am a frequent there if it help you any i nyour decision. Coop seems to have joined in lately as well. ^_^

I think I would be in there, if I weren't much n00bish.

So, does anybody have the time for the WOR anymore? I tried signing up for the Immortal's RP, but it's much too confusing for me.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 17:23:57

At 3/2/05 04:57 PM, WithoutCease wrote: So, does anybody have the time for the WOR anymore?

I barely have enough time to keep up with posts in here and the other clubs i am in. So not me anyway, this summer i hope to start it anew with a new world etc. Before then, if you can get 4 or so others to keep it going, i am willing to be a re-occuring character and just pop into the action when i can as a bad guy to keep things interesteing.

I tried signing up for the Immortal's RP, but it's much too confusing for me.

I was apart of that for a few months, but it became hard to keep up once i started getting busyer and what not. They are so deep into it, you will probably never catch up... : P

Time to go work on my essay again. : P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 17:26:03

Oh yeah, I was deciding my high school courses today. When I hit sophomore year I will be able to enroll for a class called "Writer's Workshop." I'll do that for that year and then for my senior year again.
I also decided that I was going to continue off of a novel I started a couple months ago.
Aaah, that Jack Gantos inspires me.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-02 22:33:35

At 3/2/05 04:03 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: review

Thanks for the review dude :) I really appreciate them. I didn't really like I don't belong much anyway, I thought it was kinda cheesy too >_<

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 12:13:28

At 3/1/05 09:43 PM, deathtuna wrote: Not Afriad
Oh how come I slept
And while I wept
Let her go.

This it annoyed me for some reason not sure why but it did............................. :-\

Part from that nice job ^_^

And now ladies and gentlemen my take on the song that tigger from Winie the pooh sings.

The wonderful thing about wizards
is that wizards are always in trend.
The hats are really pointy!
And their staffs have knobs on the end!
Their lizards toads ravens and snakes,
are fun fun fun fun fun!
but the wonderful thing about wizards
is that there is more than one!

yes I am that bored! Enjoy ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 15:00:04

At 3/2/05 04:51 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I am a frequent there if it help you any i nyour decision. Coop seems to have joined in lately as well. ^_^

Well, there was all this 'This happened in Level up' on the Tolkien Club. Eventually, I decided to drop in and say hi and Congrats.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 15:44:48

At 3/3/05 03:00 PM, Coop83 wrote: Well, there was all this 'This happened in Level up' on the Tolkien Club. Eventually, I decided to drop in and say hi and Congrats.

Ahh, i see why you joined. I am not a fan of the LUL so much. I am more interested in helping people out and finding out my stats etc. I jump in there every once and a while though. Did you see my massive catch-up from last weekend?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 15:47:00

why has my little take on the tigger song from winnie the pooh been ignored :-( I was quite proud of that.....obviously its crap.

<turns emo and cuts throat>

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 17:43:03

At 3/3/05 03:47 PM, -Manic- wrote: why has my little take on the tigger song from winnie the pooh been ignored :-( I was quite proud of that.....obviously its crap.

<turns emo and cuts throat>

That poem was really good and funny. What chu talkin' 'bout, foo'!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 18:41:44

At 3/3/05 03:47 PM, -Manic- wrote: <turns emo and cuts throat>

I love how fucking ignorant you are. You obviously don't know shit about emo, so don't fucking stereotype.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 19:41:19

At 3/3/05 06:41 PM, -Emo wrote: I love how fucking ignorant you are. You obviously don't know shit about emo, so don't fucking stereotype.

It is a joke Kirk, nah bother. I dont want any fighting in here so lets forget it and post/read lit. Anyone reading any good books lately by chance?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 19:57:31

myst I got your4 story but I kinda got inspiration from the "Crow" its going to be like that type of story and I'm going to post it chapter by chapter I only have to first chapter right now it will probably take me awhile to finish it I may never finish it but I will post the first chapter tommorow I'm not done yet just a few more things I have to do

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 20:21:38

UPDATE
The story I've been working on's Prologue is finished. Since I wrote it in school by hand, I'm going to transfer it onto my computer, then uploading it to the WG for reviews.
From your favorite friend,
WithoutCease
(I've decided not to change back to ImmortalDarkness after a while. WithoutCease sounds better and ImmortalDarkness makes me sound like a goth. Which I'm not.)

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 20:51:02

Here's my story. Please read and review!

prologue

___The only thing I heard were the echoes of my footsteps in the empty school. My last steps inside. I had just gotten out of the principal’s office. I was flunking out of high school.
___While I was in there he told me what I feared would come. I first received the omen when I found out no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t even get a D.
___I was waiting in his office. Sitting down on the cushioned seat, looking at the hardwood 70’s wall. An orange shag rug was on the floor. The secretary said, “He’ll be seeing you, now.” She was being blunt with me. I hate it when people are blunt with me.
___The principal’s office was more 70’s than the waiting room. This guy is a friggin’ It had the same wall and rug as the previous room, but instead of chairs there were bean bags. All of his things were on a low, Japanese-style table. A typewriter, jumbled up papers, and a coffee cup.
___The walls were unusually clean, like he sprayed them with Pine Sol or something. He had pictures of Tie-Die peace signs on it, too. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he pulled out a bong and said, “Wanna hit, man?”
___The man was tall and bulk, with a big brown afro and a bushy brown moustache. Unfortunately, he wasn’t the “shaggadelic” carefree guy I thought he would be. “Ah, Mr. Sanders, come in,” he said in his low, stern, voice. “Now to address the matter at hand,” he said. He reached into his suitcase. Here comes the bong, I thought with a grin. But the grin was quickly washed away when he instead pulled out reading glasses. I’m screwed, I thought grimly.
___He opened his filing cabinet, which just seemed to appear out of nowhere, and fingered through the files until he found a certain one. He picked it up and put it on his table. He put his reading glasses on before going any farther. Opening the folder, I saw a picture of myself, goofing off at Photo Day. I wondered if he thought I shouldn’t be laughing now.
___“Glenn Sanders,” he said, “I see that it has been quite a task for you to maintain passing grades.”
___I nodded my head in shame. It was the worst kind of shame. The kind that you knew you ruined your life.
___He started again, “But it seems for your last three Sophomore years, you could not obtain them.”
___I knew what was coming.
___“You have nothing else to amount to in High School. Your life will lead you nowhere, and there’s no way you can make up for it. The only other time I would like to see you in this school is if you are working as a janitor, or proved me wrong. Both of which,” he had to add on, “I doubt you will even get close to being.”
___I rose, fighting back my tears, and mumbled my farewell. I now knew I’d never amount to anything, period. My live was on a downward slope before, but shit.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 21:00:23

Hey Myst, I finally got myself to enter your writer's realm. I myself want to get into screenplay proffesionally after college. Maybe ill share some of my work here. i need to work on my grammhare though. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 21:25:23

At 3/3/05 07:41 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 3/3/05 06:41 PM, -Emo wrote: I love how fucking ignorant you are. You obviously don't know shit about emo, so don't fucking stereotype.
It is a joke Kirk, nah bother. I dont want any fighting in here so lets forget it and post/read lit. Anyone reading any good books lately by chance?

Sorry, I just don't like it when people do shit like that, I hate stereotypes.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 21:47:51

At 3/3/05 09:39 PM, deathtuna wrote: I liked it, but it definitly needs to be re-read and edited more. There were some grammar issues, word choice problems. I say, get someone, a friend, and have them read it aloud to you, or read it aloud to yourself, and see if it flows.

Thank you for the review. And I thought I used a couple of repetitive words, but that's it. Nonetheless I'll get someone to read it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-03 21:50:17

At 3/3/05 07:57 PM, repent_i_will_not wrote: myst I got your4 story but I kinda got inspiration from the "Crow" ...

I look forward to reading it. ^_^

At 3/3/05 09:00 PM, -noir- wrote: Hey Myst, I finally got myself to enter your writer's realm. I myself want to get into screenplay proffesionally after college. Maybe ill share some of my work here. i need to work on my grammhare though. :)

Hey man, i too want to write professionally and i hope you do post some of your stuff. I used to have a hard time with grammar also, but if i can find the time to sit down and spend an hour editing... i usually can demolish all my grammar mistakes to few or even none.

At 3/3/05 09:25 PM, -Emo wrote: Sorry, I just don't like it when people do shit like that, I hate stereotypes.

Understandable, i just don't want any flame wars in here. It is a positive enviroment and Manic is a good guy with a sarcastic humour; i am sure he meant nothing by it, but as a joke.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 05:02:14

At 3/3/05 06:41 PM, -Emo wrote:
At 3/3/05 03:47 PM, -Manic- wrote: <turns emo and cuts throat>
I love how fucking ignorant you are. You obviously don't know shit about emo, so don't fucking stereotype.

shit sorry man! Didn't mean to cause any offence by it. It was just a joke. If I knew I was gonna piss you off by doing it I wouldn't have done it. Sory again.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 05:03:19

At 3/3/05 08:33 PM, deathtuna wrote:
Thankyou for taking the time to respond. IM not sure, but the way you quoted my post, it looks like you think Not Afraid is part of the stanza, it isnt. Or maybe its just how the quote came out. Thanks anyway

Its just the way the quote came out. I know that the not afraid bit wasn't part of that stanza.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 05:04:21

At 3/4/05 03:24 AM, Quisty wrote: Could I join this place? I have some stories, and poems. Maybe I could help with others stories too. Just wondering if I can join up.

welcome aboard. Please feel free to psot anything you happen to have handy if you wnat it reviewed and if you wnat their are a few bits an dpieces on the last page that you're wleocme tor eview aswell.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-03-04 05:17:54

At 3/3/05 09:00 PM, -noir- wrote: Maybe ill share some of my work here. i need to work on my grammhare though. :)

And your spelling could use a little work, also. j/k

Welcome to you and Quisty, -noir-

As you said about writing pro, I'm looking to that avenue as well, so that makes three of us (at least) If you feel like passing comment on my work, it starts around page 20 (From Little Acorns, a fantasy tale about a group of friends...)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature