00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,543 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-03 16:41:07

why did my last post's comments about brian blessed appear as a quotation???? mysterious....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-03 19:45:29

At 10/1/03 05:44 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
5. Sivak, what would be your remark at the destruction of a planet by Exterminatus?

Apparently, simultaneous belching and farting DOES INDEED create a small black hole.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-04 04:21:14

Ah... Low and behold! The Triumph of Terra!

+ + +

I've been poking around with the Guard doctrines some more and turned my 100+ men guard force into a compact 67 men compact Drop Troopers regiment (With the support of three sentinels and a Demolisher, which is the only vehicle that can't deep-strike.) that can deploy anywhere on the board, should the mission parameters allow for a deep strike deployment.

Quite funny, this small force has been optimised for two things: Shooting marines and tearing new assholes in marines. (Doctrines used: Iron Discipline, Sharpshooters, Hardened Fighters, Special Equipment: Carapace Armour and the Alternate Regimental Organisation: Drop Troops) The command squads have been tooled up for close combat and serious ass kicking, with the officers carrying anti-instant death wargear, a Lieutenant having his stats boosted to that of a Colonel and a hardened veterans squad with full carapace armour, assault weapons and snazzy outfits!

I'm going to have a hearty laugh when my force manages to kill at least half of the enemy force.

+ + +

HeavyArms89: Could you be a tad more specific on your army? I know that you play Ultra Marines, but what do you already field? Are you seeking an anti-armour, anti-personal or an all-purpose unit?

+ + +

For the first time in my long carreer as an Guard commander I envy a Space Marine chapter. Those Blood Angel chaps have such a sweet anti-personal tank. I wish I could field a Baal Predator! Cause thats one mean mother! I've seen it wipe out squads and squads of lowly armoured troops (Guard and Tyranids mostly) with ease.

+ + +

SeedyKay: Alas, I've tried looking for a good lasersound effect. I came up with nothing. Guess I can't help out anymore.

+ + +

Some good news from the Black Librairy!

Last chancers! Well, it had to happen. Sure as the chicken follows the egg, as summer follows spring, and kippers follow porridge, the final Last Chancers novel is now on its way. In what will (very probably) be the final Kage novel, Annihilation squad sees Kage and the Last Chancers sent to Armageddon, on a desperate mission to find von Strab, and stop him at any cost. We're definitely talking all stop out, no holds barred action, as Kage and the Last Chancers fight their way across the wastes and jungles of Armageddon, before infiltrating Acheron Hive itself. Oh, yes, and there are lots of orks!

Well, that and they will release their Guardsman manual soon!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-05 08:41:24

Has everyone else been eaten by Catachan Barking Toads?

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-05 10:16:44

'k i got the sound fx that i wanted and i put a little bit of music in. unfortunately, the music made flash mx piss itself in excitement, and now it keeps putting random music in strange places. at one point the same track began repeating itself uncontrollably, making the sound of a grot being sat on (or so i imagine) this took a day to rectify, and i canny be arsed to stick the game online on a sunday, so i'll probably stick it on ng tommorrow or tuesday.

p.s.

in the end i found a cool sniper rifle sound for the lasgun, and a ingram on burst for the bolter. (in game the bolter is on rapid fire)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-05 12:33:45

Greetings,

Fire Warrior wont be released in the Netherlands until the 17th of October. Sumbitch! We are the first and foremost nabour of Great Britain and we have to wait until the 17th to play Fire Warrior! This is just plain painfull and not funny. Don't laugh! I only hope that the states will receive their copies even later. (No hard feeling, it's just that WE SHOULD HAVE THEM FIRST!)

And yes, with Brian Blessed starring in Fire Warrior what else can go wrong? (It's a shame he doesn't have wings like in Flash Gordon :P) This actually makes me wonder, how the frag did Games Workshop get such a good cast for a game. I mean, Burt Kwouk? THE KATO GETS TO PLAY IN FIRE WARRIOR as Lusha(not quite sure?) the Fire Warrior commander! (For the unknowing, Kato is the servant of Inspector Clouseau, from the Pink Panther fame!)

Sure Westwood got Micheal Biehn (Aliens) and James Earl Jones (Darth Vader), Sierra got Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Motion Picture Show), Rockstar (Vice City!) got Burt Reinolds, Jenna Jameson, Dennis Hopper and many more famous actors, makes me kinda wonder(As always I engage my mind with these mind boggling mysteries of the millennium) why famous actors would do such a thing. Of some I know, such as Biehn in Tiberian Sun because he's a real C&C fan, Burt Reinolds in Vice City cause he needs the money (He's an actor turned bum IMHO). But with other actors its a mystery. Maybe they need the money, maybe they're bored or like a new challenge.

Anyway, I can see that I'm trailing of the topic a bit too far...

+ + +

Games Workshop and Forge World are exploiting/using Fire Warrior to the fullest! Not only are there statues of Kais, the protagonist of the Fire Warrior for sale, but Forge World has also started the design process of the Orca Class Drop Ship and the Emissary Class starship.

Please note that these two items are still in their unfinished state!

+ + +

I've got a script for a flash movie brewing in my demented mind, so I have been wondering if any of you guys would like to accept the challenge and create a movie out of it.

+ + +

Ah, -Mole-, if you're reading this, yes, I have been working on my part of the 'bargain' just give me a little more time. I should have it finished by this week Thursday, sounds a tad late but thats when I have the most spare time at hands.

+ + +

Cheers

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-05 20:51:11

I can understand using shorthand in the middle of a game, but you can always take your time on a message board.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-06 12:36:49

Bah, when Dorkboy and I play an on-line game the only times we type are when we taunt!

Communications between me and DB are quite simple, seeing as how a 2 inch thick wall seperates the two of us. We can simply relay orders, data and tips by telling it. Not typing! Hot screaming in a microphone like a retard would scream with throat cancer!

When we play Day of Defeat, we are a two man fire team, he's armed with a Kar98, ready to gut anybody too close while I provide ehavy support with the gut ripping MG42! He keeps grenades away from me and provides me with ammo while I cover our teams advance!

But with Rival Species, we're a tad difirent. We use special keybinds depending on the map. When playing Platform (BT versus Eldar) we repeat the lythanie of the Black Templars over and over again as we smash those silly goons apart with bolter and chainsword! It goes a little like this:
Me: What is your life?
DB: My honour is my life.
Me: What is your fate?
DB: My duty is my fate.
Me: What is your fear?
DB: My fear is to fail.
Me: What is your reward?
DB: Bathing in the blood of my foes. (Normally: My slavation is my reward.)
Me: What is your craft?
DB: My craft is DEATH.
Me: What is your pledge?
DB: My pledge is eternal service!

But when we play as Iron Warriors we normally chant our battle cry like a manthra.

Me: IRON WITHIN!
DB: IRON WITHOUT!
Me: IRON WITHIN!
DB: IRON WITHOUT!

But as Khorne Beserkers we normally scream: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF SKULLS! SOULS FOR THE SOUL DRINKER!

As Eldar DB mostly shouts: Don´t hurt me! I´m brittle! Afterwards he bashes the shit out of the hapless Marine in an ambush. All the while shouting Don't hurt me you brute!

But anyway, lets'try to keep the game and MSN lingo to a minimum. There's no rush here. I hate to read a post filled with typos! Almost makes me want to skip it and never read it. If you feel like you're going to be in a rush, type it out in a Word document so that a spell check can sort out the typos and missed dots and spaces, that way you'll have an excellent post worthy of my reading time!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-06 14:55:51

At 10/6/03 02:43 PM, TheRedArrow wrote: I want to be in this club what member am i and how do I sign up!?

1. You have n member number or something like that, you're just a member.

2. What army do you play - command? That would be quite useful when you join up.

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-06 15:40:40

Once upon a time in the forthy first millenium,

There were three servants of the Emperor. The first was Sister Josephine of the Order of Our Martyred Lady. Second was Brother Yaal of the Imperial Fists. Lastly there was trooper Ivan of the Valhallan 122nd.

They heard that a greater Daemon stalked the land. A powerfull predator, lusting for flesh and blood! "It must be stopped!" Brother Yaal boasted with a smile. "We shall see!" Sister Josephine pledged. "Well frag me..." Ivan mumbled at the pair.

They departed and went each their own way, hoping to find the Daemon. The Daemon found sister Josephine first.

"Have no fear!" Sister Josephine exclaimed. "I am protected by faith!" And so she stood there until the Daemon appeared. Josephine chanted to the Emperor as she opened fire.

The Daemon ate sister Josephine...

"Bah!" Brother Yaal shouted at the beast with a sneer. "I am protected by my bolter and my blessed suit of armour! Taste the cleansing pain of my fury!" And with a cry to the Emperor he lunged at the Daemon.

The Daemon ate brother Yaal...

"Screw this!" Trooper Ivan exclaimed, running back to base. "My outpost is reinforced with 30 tons of reinforced concrete, two heavy bolters, and sandbagged key sniping points!" He exclaimed in fear. The Daemon attacked the outpost with great fury and anger.

The Daemon ate lead...

Morale of this story: Don't be silly when a Daemon comes over. Remember! If you act like trooper Ivan, you can survive to!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-08 06:22:30

There is nothing I like better than battle reports!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-08 12:12:46

A few small notes before returning to my homework.

1. I'll post a link to a handy key bind program for ya'll who play Half-Life alot.

2. Mole, you should try to use Gothic names for the tactical squads. Such as Squad Malachai, Squad Dersius or Scout Squad Seth. These kind of names are ofcourse the names of the respective commanding sergeants. (At their initiation each Dark Angel receives a random name thats not in use.)

3. You could try some City Fight scenarios for the campaign. These are a real change from the ordinairy grass and hills terrain. With certain scenarios you can even acces special equipment, depending on who's the attacker and defender.

Cheers,

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-08 12:37:30

Yes, that is my real name, I hope it doesn't shock anybody to death or anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-08 15:19:30

You could try the *dreadfull errily silence of suprise* Dark Angles codex. What already have it... Okay, I'll just improvise. Look behind you! A three headed monkey!

Anyway, all I can tell is that they also had a special third company: the Iron Wing. It was comprised of only armoured vehicles. Kinda like an armoured company, but instead of Guardsmen with god like firepower you had space marines with puny fire power. It was erased from teh holy records and replaced with a normal company.

But the fifth company is a good choice, a good choice indeed. A nice standard Space Marine company.

Ah, here's the nifty lil' thing I talked about earlier. THE Half-life keycommander. A handy lil' gimmick for keybinds that have alot of cuss words in them (Thats the biggest thing for CS players, you can spout OMFG camping fag a hundred times in just three seconds!), or some extreme tactics for the team players (Nobody loves you! Nobody loves your tactics!).

A nice City Fight scenario would be TAKE THE HIGH GROUND with attackers and defenders armoury! Just think of all the booby traps and bunkers you can use! (Or, if you attack, demolition charges and stummers!)

And your 500 pts army fascinated me into trying to create a 500 pts list of my own.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-08 15:48:58

At 10/8/03 02:47 PM, -MOLE- wrote: what about-

Tactical Squad HYPATIA?

i dunno

The Dark Angels are perhaps more fitting with real Gothic names, not Western world ones.

Upon initiation they loose their old names and receive a new randomly generated name from the chapter. It is to be seen as a new start and their name is their last thing tying them to their past. Some chapters don't rename their initiates, such as Ultramarines, Blood Angels (not quite sure) and Space Wolves.

Examples:
Eziekhiel (Ie-ziek-hiel)
Aradiel (Ara-diel)
Malachai (Ma-lach-ay)
Anthonius (An-tho-nius)
Bahl (Bawl)
Akhad (Ak-had)
Lionus (Lie-o-nus)
Asmodai (As-mo-dai)
Seth (Sef)
Ezaviel (E-zav-i-el)
Azrael (Az-ra-el)
Gabriel (Ga-bri-el)
Sergio (Ser-gi-o)
Conrad (Con-rad)
Gideon (Gid-eon)
Marcus (Mar-cus)
Lucius (Lu-cius)
Saphon (Sa-fon)
Malloc (Mel-loc)

Some names to help out

regards,

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-09 02:13:05

Greek names are actually used by the Ultra Marines and their successor chapter, seeing as they have the Spartan background.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-09 08:48:37

WOW, Man this is the first time ive been in the Clubs forums and ive found my old haven. I used to play 40k a few years ago, and i must say its all changed now, sadly. I used to play as Ultramarines and i was rather good aswell, but it all faded away when the damn club in glasgow moved to a pub, gutted i was.

I like the new models as well especially the Tau they look groovy as hell, and i think a scout with heavy bolter would look cool with green streaks but it may clash with the blue and white.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-09 09:54:48

Glad to have you aboard!

Erm, and he's not a Dark Angel player, no no no! He's an Dark Angel player, thats why he has green warpaint all over his face.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-10 20:00:11

'Sgt. O'Brien' as i guess he's come to be known, told me to post my 500p army.here ya go

Tactical Squad A 101p
------------------
1 Vet. Sgt. w/ Bolt Gun 30
2 Marines w/ Bolt Guns 30p
1 Marine w/ Flamer 21p
1 Marine w/ Heavy Bolter 20p

Tactical Squad B 115p
------------------
1 Vet Sgt w/ Chainsword & Bolt Pistol 30
4 Marines w/ Bolt Guns 60p
1 Marine w/ Missle Launcher 25p

Tactical Squad C 100p
-----------------
Vet Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol & Close Range Weapon 30p
3 Marines w/ Bolt Guns 45p
1 Marine w/ Missle Launcher 25

Command Squad 141p
------------------
1 Leader 30p
1 Vet. Sgt. w/Bolt Pistol & Close Range Weapon 30p
1 Standard Bearer 33p
1 Techmarine w/Bolt Pistol &Close Range Weapon + Servo-arm 43p
1 Apothecary 35p

Total:457

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-13 13:06:38

Not dead (yet) overhere, just trying to remain standing.

To sate your hunger for something interesting other then the mad ramblings of a shattered mind I present to you all the latest of Dorkboy's creations.

F.L.T.R:

Imperial Guard Commissar.
I hope that most of you remember what a Commissar is. They are instruments of fear and firmly indoctrinated in the Imperial cult, they have more faith then the common Space Marine! (This is represented by the Ld 10!) This particular Commissar is equipped with a power fist and power sword, wears the trademark black overcoat with peaked cap, golden carapace armour and a red sash as all Commissars carry.

Kasrkin Junior Officer.
Basically a high ranking Kasrkin leader, carrying an Officers cap instead of the standard tri-dome helmet with rebreather.

Cadian sniper.
A Cadian marksman with camo cloak and special long-las pattern lasgun issued to snipers. Basically a Cadian with a sniper rifle crouching on a rock to better balance his aim.

Kasrkin. (Pronounced Kas-er-kin)
The Kasrkin are the Cadian equivelant of a Imperial Storm Trooper. Seeing as how close Cadia is situated to the Eye of Terror, they saw need in the creation of several Schola Prognium (A organisation that also trains Storm Troopers and other more 'special' personal) militairy academies.

Kasrkin Sergeant.
Wearing the tri-dome helmet and rebreather known with these elite Shock Troopers.

Imperial Guard Lieutenant.
You all know this guy, so unless you want to feel his wrath again, don't try anything stupid!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-13 13:17:28

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

Cameleoline. Some units are able to use the rare cameleoline material in their uniforms or as cloaks. Cameleoline automatically blends in the surrounding terrain making the wearer much harder to spot.

Only known pict footage of Cameleoline in Imperial use.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-14 04:12:11

Aight,

1. The project will be submitted this Thursday, if my health permits it.

2. You are not mad, I am. If I were to use any of those words on a Marine I would atleast do it in a more subtle manner.

3. In other news today, I hope you jackasses finally learn that the jungles of Catachan aren't safe!

Yes, the Catachan Devils have arrived! These are no ordinairy Catachans, nope. These guys are the equivelant of the Imperial Guard hardened veteran, only more hard core and f*cking seriously a real menace when unleashed against ANY enemy! Even 'nids will find them hard to kill.

+++ Referance material +++

+++ Catachan Heavy Support +++

Catachan Devils.
Deathworld Veteran regiments include squads of warriors exceptional even by the exacting standards of their birth world. In Catachan regiments these are called 'Catachan Devils' in reference to their famous kill-knives and the voracious predators of their world.

The Catachans have three types of knives.

1. CATACHAN FANG - Measuring up to 20 inches of gleaming steel, the Catachan Fang is the most common type of knife used by the Catachan regiments. Equally useful for cutting your way through jungle or a deviant Eldar, the Catachan Fang is renowned throughout thousands of star systems.

This knife is also used for settling disputes between Catachans. Usually, one knife is placed in the centre of a fighting pit and the combatants muct each strive to get hold of the knife. The duel ends when one fighter draws blood, though this can often mean death as well.

2. NIGHT REAPER - Smaller then other typical designs, the blackened blade of the Night Reaper is especially suitable for infiltration and night missions when light reflecting from a blade can mean the diffirence between life and death. The blade itself is triangular, so any wound caused by the Night Reaper is unlikely to clot or heal. Catachans are also known to poison their knives using one of the many venoms native to their inhospitable planet.

3. DEVIL'S CLAW - Named after the fearsome predator of the Catachan jungles, this is the largest type of the traditional knives of Catachan. Anywhere between three and four feet long, the Devil's Claw is closer to a sword then a knife. It is used mainly on the battlefield in close quarters and it has even achieved a fearsome reputation amongst Orks who call it 'Da Cutta'.

The blade itself is hollow and half filled with mercury to give it greater swinging power. Power swords wielded by senior members of the Catachan regiments are often indentical in design to the Devil's Claw.

Ah, and for those marines who would find it 'cool' to own a Catachan knife, I ahve to state this. The only way to get a real Catachan blade is to kill the owner. That and marines aren't cool enough to use such an tool of combat.

Thats enough information for today, I can see that several heads have exploded from the info overflow.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-14 10:37:41

I think you guys are getting a bit carried away...are you not ?!?!?!?!?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-14 12:00:44

Uhm, I believe that it's not 'raper' but rapIer. Correct me if I'm wrong but a rapier is the sword you mean, though these beautifull items are more of an fencing 'tool' or an item of Officers for official feasts and events (If I'm correct, mostly European countries give these to Officers, the Dutch Navy still gives fencing classes to it's junior and senior officers.)

About the knives, I know you guys know almost nothing about Catachan, but it is one of the most lethal worlds in the Imperium of Man. Only one in every four infants survives it's first years, and from that moment on the death tolls aren't lowering. Also, the Catachans are all muscular because of the slighty higher gravtiy. The knives are made from a metal only found on Catachan itself, and blades made from it do not dull or rust and remain keen for millenia. Much like the black blades of the swords of Dark Angel officials, such as the Master of the Ravenwing, Keeper of Secrets and the Grand Master himself.

Guardsmen can handle bolters with ease, but because it is a specialized piece of equipment and has a very special type of munitions, you should realize that the mass produced lasgun is the most ideal weapon in the Imperium for the legions of Man.

My question to you is, does a bolter or a bolt pistol have a blowback? Just wandering if any of you guys know.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-14 12:47:48

Angels of Death.

"Prepare to repel." Captain Faust calmly voxed through our helmet receivers. I flick the charge setting to full, strong enough to blast through the carapace of an heretic, maybe even powerful enough to punch through the side of a Rhino. "Out and at them!" Faust voxes through as we clamber out our trench bellowing perhaps our last war cry.

"For the Emperor! For Cadia! For Honour!"

Over the wall, into the killing zone. My heart pounds as an jackhammer in my chest as I run forward, holding my hellgun in a lowered position, firing it from the hip. Besides me my brothers and sisters in arms do the same. Before us the cultists fall, wounded or killed out right. Their return fire intensifies as we pass the first bodies. We each bellow our own war cries or litanies of hatred, our helmets audio pick ups enhancing it to battle cries that would stun lesser enemies into cowardice and confusion.

Though the cultists run in fear and mill about in confusion, I can see that their masters, giants in blood red armour and brass decorations seem to enjoy the confusion to slaughter their own. "Target the traitor marines." Faust matter of factly voxed though. I point at a charging berserker and join in with attempting to kill it before it reaches us.
Besides me two other Kasrkin crouch down and join the fusillade, their hell blasts hitting home shot after shot. As the berserker falls over we run to it a melta gunner blast large holes into it from point blank range. "Just to be sure that its dead!" the female operator shouts as we commence firing at more berserkers, trying to stem the tide.

But they are so many and too close.

They hit our assault line like a Ork would hit a Grot. Three of my brothers besides me are cut down in a single sweep with a massive chain axe, splattering me with blood and gore. "Fall back!" Faust voxes in with a shout. We turn and attempt to conduct a fighting retreat, but to no avail, they are too close. As my brothers and sisters run I decide to turn and fight. Screaming like a lunatic a berserker runs towards me, waving his chain sword over his head like a retard. "Your skull is for the throne!"

"No!"

Shouldering my hellgun I pump beam after beam of laser into the grinning skull mask of the berserker. After the seventh shot it drops onto the muddy ground with a thud. I lower the hellgun and fire a burst in the neck for safety.

I can hear a heavy impact behind me. I turn on my heel and bring my hellgun to bear. Before stands the stuff of legends. Though blackened by sooth and scorch marks I can see the crimson of his armour. His helmet is gold, with green eyes staring at me with menace and no emotion. On his back is a large device with smoke coming out the exhausts. Clenching in his left gauntlet is a finely crafted bolt pistol and in his right gauntlet a power sword inscribed with one name: "Sanguinius"

I can't believe my eyes. "Emperor's teeth!"

More crimson armoured marines land with heavy impacts, each armed with bolt pistols and chain swords, each crafted with great care and each an work of art. I quickly turn to face the berserkers again. They stand there, silently, frothing, staring at the Blood Angels, the only sound they emit of their chain axes and chain swords that idly chug. Seconds seem like minutes as they slowly creep by. one of them has to make a move or something. "Blood for the Blood god!" One of them bellows as they all charge forward, readily accepting the challenge of a worthy opponent.

"By the blood of Sanguinius!" Jump packs roar into life behind me, carrying the angels of death upwards before they smash into the charging berserkers. A strong hand grabs my backpack and unceremonially tosses me aside, landing painfully in a trench filled with stinking corpses. As I scramble to my feet I can see the true face of the Angels of Death. They hack and slash their way through the berserkers with the same frenzy and bloodlust like the berserkers themselves. Within two minutes the berserkers are all killed off, leaving the Blood Angels standing there, panting and regaining their posture.

They call it the Red Thirst. Too many a curse, but for some a blessing, or so Apothecary Palamon told me as he pulled me out the trench. "It is the gift from our blessed father to us. We may seem like madmen, but we know who we serve. The Emperor has always favoured us and He will not let us down yet. For the Emperor and Sanguinius!" And with that he left with his battle brothers, flying to their hovering Thunderhawks that await their return, leaving me and the survivors of the bloody assault to mop up the last heretics. "Kill all survivors, no prisoners are needed." Lieutenant Wessel calmly voxed in. Captain Faust must died during the fall back, cleaving a berserker in two as another impaled him with a chain sword. I pull out my auto pistol and direct a flamer operator to the trench filled with corpses.

As the trench is cleansed of the tainted flesh I look up at the crimson Thunderhawks and snap a salute as they turn and fly away.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-14 15:29:13

And then the hamsters came...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-14 16:04:12

Lord Inquisitor, what would you advise against hamsters? Not even the Holy Grey knights can take on the hordes of hamsters! Even the vile Tyranids flee from the fu(r)ry of these things!

IS EXTERMINATUS THE ONLY OPTION?!?!?!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-15 06:23:37

At 10/14/03 04:04 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Lord Inquisitor, what would you advise against hamsters? Not even the Holy Grey knights can take on the hordes of hamsters! Even the vile Tyranids flee from the fu(r)ry of these things!

IS EXTERMINATUS THE ONLY OPTION?!?!?!

I belive that groups of specially trained men with large mallets would be devastating. If we use Space Marines, though, the hamsters could get inside their armor. I can just imagine what THAT would look like....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-16 03:03:42

At 10/15/03 09:17 AM, -MOLE- wrote:
At 10/15/03 06:23 AM, Sivak wrote: I believe that groups of specially trained men with large mallets would be devastating. If we use Space Marines, though, the hamsters could get inside their armor. I can just imagine what THAT would look like....
hmmmm....i'm afraid i disagree Sivak, i believe a few sisters of battle on Immolators would be most deadly to the evil that is the hamster swarm.(lol, your so smart!)

I'm affraid I'm going to have to disagree here. While the standard Battle Sister can crush a uprising without remorse the murder of a small, defenceless and 'cute' animal would go too far.

Example:
Hamster: Puchuu *the thing cocks its head to one side and shows its cute eyes*
Battle Sister: Kawai! *Starts cuddling the thing*

No, I believe that the plan with large mallots would be the best, because these men and women are really heartless, or just plain not interested in these critters.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-16 12:26:18

Geez, don't ya have anything better to do?

Look, I'll email-shoot-airmail-bomb-kick-blow-throw-personally deliver this when it's in tip-top condition!

(Though the final version will be a tad harder to do, seeing as my favorite mod has finally released a new fricking version of its latest coolness! More special things, more maps and above all it owns! I'm talking about the marvel known as FIREARMS!!!)

And for those wondering about the Space Marine sprites, they'll be there, they've been put on a stop though (I can hear several people faint.) See it's like this: Space Marines are much like the mini's, they look cool but are boring to paint and hence DB finds them boring to sprite. Before we start calling names and such, we all have our prefrences about armies, m'kay!

As far as things go, DB will be spriting IG (not Cadians, that range is all done! For now the Catachan's, Armageddon Steel Legion and Tanith FIRST AND ONLY!), rebels (Volscani Cataphracts and Traitor 9th) and Eldar(They are brittle but what the f*ck, they can kick ass.) for know, he just loves diversity.

A new sprite. And a dishwasher for the person who can guess what kind of organisation this cute lil' chappy serves, his rank, and why he wears a gasmask.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature