00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Donotomato just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

299,001 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-06-26 05:55:40

At 6/25/04 08:26 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

Would it be cheap to just leave the base black. So you have an nicely painted model on an black base.

i just leave it black cuz my painting aint to good so my troops would ed up with brown or green feet

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-06-28 09:04:40

If you're really unsure about basing, why not practice it on a small square of card or a plastic base if you've got any spare.

It'd be just as damaging to not base your character as to do it badly.

I speak with the voice of experience on that one.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-06-30 04:41:43

At 6/28/04 09:04 AM, Jimsippo wrote: If you're really unsure about basing, why not practice it on a small square of card or a plastic base if you've got any spare.

It'd be just as damaging to not base your character as to do it badly.

I speak with the voice of experience on that one.

Aye, time to start practicing some more.

And thanks for pointing out that topic, if only they didn't make it sound oh so easy...

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-06-30 05:05:07

Hi, I saw this club and thought "Oh yeah!'. I play Tyranids and wondering what statagys you could use on a short table with no cover and the Tau as an enemy.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-06-30 12:22:46

At 6/30/04 05:05 AM, lothar1080 wrote: Hi, I saw this club and thought "Oh yeah!'. I play Tyranids and wondering what statagys you could use on a short table with no cover and the Tau as an enemy.

Welcome aboard!

Use the little ones as an shield and get in stuck with the big units? Though shielding is no longer an option with the new rules... Perhaps the sacrifice of one or two big ones to get the smaller units across the table would be an viable option? Think of it, a big one can only dish out maybe five attacks, while an horde of smaller critters could easily tear through a squad.

But thats an untrained thought on an army that I do not collect, nor know much off.

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-06-30 12:28:49

Ooh! Doh! I forgot!

Would it be easy to convert animated GIF's into flash format? I'm not asking for an tutorial, just if it's possible?

While my attempts at flash are an total disaster, my workings with animated .gif files are better.

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-02 06:11:13

Hmm, I suppose so, if you have some software which can convert each frame into a seprate picture. That way you could put each of them on a different frame in the animation.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-04 14:35:37

At 6/30/04 12:28 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Ooh! Doh! I forgot!

Would it be easy to convert animated GIF's into flash format? I'm not asking for an tutorial, just if it's possible?

Well, you can import the gif into flash, make sure it goes around well then publish.

After that, it usually goes the other way for me so I can't tell how much good it would be.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-07 21:59:44

Hey guys. If you would be any HQ character, who would you be an how would you change your lifestyle today? Well, I'd be a librarian. As a librarian I will be working at a county fair making cotton candy for people. I would ask the costumer if he likes the Emperor. If he doesn't, I would smite him. Then, I'd like, go to a bank and open a checking account! Yeah, big time fun.

Anyways, this 9 year old kid challenged me with his Eldar army against my Space Marine Blood Angel army. He kept taunting me. Take a guess who won. Oh, and if you guys don't remember, I have Mephiston. If you don't know who he is, well here are his stats.

Pt cost: 217 WS: 6 BS: 5 S: 4 T: 5 W: 3 I: 5 A: 4 LD: 10 Sv: 2+

Equipment: Master-crafted Plasma Pistol, Force Sword, Frag & Krak grenades, Terminator honors, Artificer armor, and Psychic hood.

Special: Quickening: Basically means that if I pass the Psychic test, I get D3 Attacks.

Smite: Cmon, you got to know what that means.

Transfixing Glare: This means whenever I am in base combat with an enemy, he takes a leadership test. If he loses, his Weapon Skill is 1.

Blood Fever:(The only bad thing) When he kills a guy in close combat, you take a leadership test. If he fails, he doesn't get to move again in the same assult phase.

The other things are telling how he can go into an honor guard and he's an independent character if not led by a squad.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-08 00:46:21

I hate Eldar and stupid Conceal.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-08 02:22:06

At 7/8/04 12:46 AM, lothar1080 wrote: I hate Eldar and stupid Conceal.

Well i love eldar and there amazing conceal.
I might be starting biel tan soon................................any tips?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-08 04:44:29

At 7/8/04 02:22 AM, -snare- wrote: Well i love eldar and there amazing conceal.
I might be starting biel tan soon................................any tips?

Just one, it's really simple: Don't mess with Mon'Keigh!

Done and done. If you want to mess with the Imperium, be a good lad and kill off your dark cousins, you know the vile and sadistic Dark Eldar first. M'kay?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-08 21:21:06

uhh you guys aren't answering my questions!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-09 05:06:39

At 7/8/04 09:21 PM, Skull_leader wrote: uhh you guys aren't answering my questions!

Right,

I would be either Yarrick (The 3rd edition rules, so he keeps rising back from the grave) or an male version of Saint Celestine, so I have wings, have an sword that shoot flames, resurrect at an moments notice and burn heretics with just an glance.

I'm not going to post all the rules, stats and points here, that would be something of an legal breach with the omni-evil copyrights of GW. I've broken them before and I can tell you, you'd wish you never did it...

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-09 07:02:30

I'd like to be an Inquisitor with telepathy and possibly telekinesis, that'd kick arse.

I would use my powers to get my own way all of the time,the path of selfish evil! No need to buy things, people would give me things!

I'd start a magic show or something, like David Blaine and that Mind Control bloke on the BBC combined, only better. I would levetate myself 10ft into the air rather than a few inches and be able to read your mind and find out what card you picked! And also possibly when your birthday is.

Oh, almost forgot, I'm going on holiday to Turkey for two weeks on the twelth of this very month. I'm sure you'll manage without my wise err.. wisdom.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-09 16:28:17

Oi, don't forget to bend spoons with your mind, like that Yuri Geller chap. That would make for a fine distraction when facing that Khornate war band. SPOON!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-09 18:54:08

At 7/9/04 05:06 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
At 7/8/04 09:21 PM, Skull_leader wrote: uhh you guys aren't answering my questions!
Right,

I would be either Yarrick (The 3rd edition rules, so he keeps rising back from the grave) or an male version of Saint Celestine, so I have wings, have an sword that shoot flames, resurrect at an moments notice and burn heretics with just an glance.

I'm not going to post all the rules, stats and points here, that would be something of an legal breach with the omni-evil copyrights of GW. I've broken them before and I can tell you, you'd wish you never did it...

Lt. Brookman

I never thought of that. Still, I am the only Blood Angels guy in here. Plus, I saw stats for many things online. Just look. Anyway, I won the battle against the Eldar in 2 turns. Next week I will be playing Tau. Any suggestions? The last time I assulted them, but I want to try something new. I got some new crap like a tatical squad. What happend to you when you broken the "Copyrights of GW"? You guys do MSN right? I will chat with you guys if that's the case.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-09 19:33:04

hi everyone im kind of an on and off 40k player, i have several armies painted and everything (space marines, chaos marines, tyranids, necrons, and orks), i was wondering if anyone plays 40k in baton rouge louisiana, i wanna join yalls crew w00t!!!!!!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-09 21:22:13

Tut-tut Skullywull, I too have a blood angels army, a successor chapter to be precise. I named them the Crimson Tearers when I was a newbie but I think it's now time for a better name, something to do with sanguinius or blood (obvious connections really).
Anybody got any suggestions?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-10 01:58:03

i made some use of my sprites look at the webcomic herestash stash is staby and shooty

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-10 05:11:20

At 7/9/04 06:54 PM, Skull_leader wrote:

:I got some new crap like a tatical squad. What happend to you when you broken the "Copyrights of GW"? You guys do MSN right? I will chat with you guys if that's the case.

They confronted me with their legal muscle. And seeing as I do not have an massive income that I am willing to let go off, I bowed my head and took it as an sign.

As for the Blood Angels thang, BoltGun-Clock also has an Blood Angels army. Come to think of it, you blood suckers are the most numerous of all armies around here.

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-10 13:50:32

The reason I chose Blood Angels was because they were great in close combat and had many good things. I know how to save money on the death company, too. Buy that Space wolves set that's 30 dollars and not use all the bits but use them to make Death company. Anyway, I thought I was the only Blood Angels dude in here. Oh and I have a nickname suggestion for you, Blutfausts In german, that's Blood fists. I called mine, Red Iron.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-16 19:43:24

post please

and can some1 give me feedback on my site?

click my New sig!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-17 04:16:35

It appears that your site is off-line.

Nice mage in the sig, is that an Blood Angel Scout by any chance?

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-17 04:18:08

Ehm,

Mage = IMAGE

Bloody keyboards nowadays...

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-17 19:53:09

yeah uummm i know my site is ofline sorry bout that
and the scout i have noo idea i wanted to make my own sm chapter 4 the comic can u guys give me some segestions 4 a name?

anyway
heres my site

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-19 02:01:14

last night i made my greatest sprite the tecmarine!
please post somebody!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-19 04:26:09

At 7/19/04 02:01 AM, zdez wrote: last night i made my greatest sprite the tecmarine!
please post somebody!

CALM DOWN!

Please, take a deep breath and slowly exhale. Better? Good.

Look, people don't post here daily like in the good old days, you'd have to be patient when it comes to comments and such things. This thread isn't an mecca for 40k lovers yet. That and it's summer, most likely meaning that alot of people are on vacation, hence the low reply numbers.

Okay? Alrighty then.

It's a nice sprite with nice details.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-20 01:30:46

thanks
i know bout that but here in aus i have no idea about northern hemasphere holidays and when they end and begin its also realy anoying when noone reply for more than 2 days so i feel as is i have too write in bold anser meeee like that .
anyway what do u think of my site?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-07-21 10:23:36

Say now, you haven't updated a new comic in a while now?

Dont take this as negative critique, but it's an common question alot of on-line comic guys and gals get. (In other words: Better get used to it) But I see that you are making an valiant effort, you have my applauds, for you are doing something that I should've been doing a long long time ago.

But keep up the work, who knows what the future will bring?

BBS Signature