00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oplin12468 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

101,846 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 04:13:23

At 10/26/04 07:25 AM, BonusStage wrote:
At 10/26/04 04:51 AM, RedCircle wrote: I HAVE like 4 times. I really hope everything is going through.
o YOU HAVE DONE IT THAT MANY TIMES, because if so i got it the second one (again) :o

Ok, good. I thought someone didn't want us to speak to each other. Well, there is always AIM :-)

You find it. It's not that hard. It's even in the list before the last one too!!
WHAT WHAT *looks ...later :P*

Amend that...last 3 updates!!!

...and this is coming from Bonus. Man, I must be getting tired. lol </kidding>
QUIET YOU ):< liek ogm 4638th post W()()T ;o

Point and case. ;-)

You may now vote!
OMG I CAN NNNOOOOWWWW i'll go see if you've sent like 3489507340859 emails :D

I sent 3489507340860 emails...What happened to the missing one...OMG!?!?!11?!

At 10/26/04 12:54 PM, ramagi wrote: Accually I would have more but I got annoyed at the bbs when I first signed up and did come to it for a long time. I only really post in this forum anymore.

What can I say? It's the only forum with any merit, that hasn't gotten corrupted yet. *crosses fingers*

At 10/26/04 03:23 PM, j00bie wrote: I replies to RedCircles emails with my votingness =)

Your voting-type mail of electronic nature has graced my virtual box of input.

At 10/27/04 01:58 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 10/26/04 04:49 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 10/26/04 12:01 PM, -TRA- wrote: AAAARGH, BONUS: 4,640 in total (24.666 per day)

How deliciously evil... >:D
*plays evil music*

*dances to Eeeevil musak*

my votes were cast like within an hour of him sending the email to me :P

Your votes were received and tallied in the exact same hour!

lol, my choices are similar to his, so extra browny points for me.. hahahah :D

Well, those are the best ones ;-) ...and yes, you will be receiving your brownie-points coupon in the mail in 5 business days. Redeemable at your local Ice Cream Shop :-P

phat chance of us beating mods...

If you notice, all the Mods do around here is post, post, post. </stereotype> We got an excellent chance of catching up.

At 10/27/04 07:25 AM, BonusStage wrote: Also RC i did find your in the junk mail again, though it has gotten annoying to see them there, at least i know where they are going ^_^

Eh, well, that's good, I guess. I'd rather them end up in the Inbox rather than Spam or Trash, but as long as you are expecting it, you can retrieve it before it gets auto-deleted.

At 10/27/04 07:59 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Man, this topic has been of the first page for a while so i felt obligated to post in here when i saw it :)

Usually the voting period yields more posts because of the excitment. I can bet that it will be struggling to remain on the first page during the non-voting part of the month. All in all, I would rather emphasize the list rather than the election. After all, that is why this thread is here.

Ive sent in my votes and i have a slightly good feeling who is gonna be accepted this time, plus it will give us a huge fucking boost in the stats department :)

Well, I think you are very right about that. I haven't totaled them up yet, but I have seen a slight reoccurance in a few select names quite a bit. Guess we will just have to wait and see!

There are a few people who haven't voted yet. They better get on the ball. There is only 2 days left of voting, so lets GO PEOPLE!!!!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 06:51:07

Well im assuming its Yoink and BVBG that hasnt voted again, man i will need to have words with the Baron, i will see what i can do.

Update is almost here, and i received some good new last night. In work now im now eligible for paid holidays, so im off next thursday and friday, so i will be getting quite alot more points than i usually do :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 07:10:27

At 10/28/04 06:51 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Well im assuming its Yoink and BVBG that hasnt voted again, man i will need to have words with the Baron, i will see what i can do.

Well, yes, you are right as usual. There are a few others, but still plenty of time.

Please talk to Baron...and I still don't know why Yoink sent me only ONE e-mail saying "What's up" or something, but never responded after that...oh well.

Update is almost here, and i received some good new last night. In work now im now eligible for paid holidays, so im off next thursday and friday, so i will be getting quite alot more points than i usually do :)

That, my friend, is a beautiful thing. Mucho RL congrats!!! ^_^

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 07:22:16

mmmm im getting pretty excited! if someone like D0GMA gets in, BANG! we overtake the mods. hahaha.
thanks in advance for the update of the list :P
and thanks for t3h brownie points too! hahah.
*runs off to get icecream with voucher flapping around in hand*

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 09:47:48

BonusStage is posessed! *craps wooden cross*

At 10/28/04 09:21 AM, BonusStage wrote: HAhAHAHA i new 1t, you are a horrible e-mailer :o

j00 are one horrible people!

*trips, whistles*

lol, theres been a lot of ongoing *insert funny action here*'s to do with my evil music lately!!!

Your votes were received and tallied in the exact same hour!

thats coo' :)

JERK, he was just all like you know what i mean right, like yeah.

umm sure sure! hahah.

indeed, i recieved them before the EVILNESS THAT IS HOTMAIL :o

hehe, yeh i have a hotmail account.. and whenever im expecting an email, junk email folder is the first place i go :P hahah.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 15:51:00

At 10/28/04 07:22 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: mmmm im getting pretty excited! if someone like D0GMA gets in, BANG! we overtake the mods. hahaha.

Sir, I believe it's spelt 'ramagi'.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-28 18:23:34

At 10/28/04 03:51 PM, j00bie wrote:
Sir, I believe it's spelt 'ramagi'.

I would have to agree, if D0GMA gets in, no offence, but i will ask to be withdrawn from the list, and that goes for Recon, FIGMENT, MPA, Leeboy and every other member thats there and all the mods. Their good guys sure, but we just cant get them voted in because we need a points boost, thats a fucking terrible way to do business, wheres the hard work, and sheer delight when we finally do something worth while ?

Meh.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-29 03:42:20

At 10/28/04 06:23 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I would have to agree, if D0GMA gets in, no offence, but i will ask to be withdrawn from the list.

What. The. Fuck.

If D0GMA gets voted in a list that resembles a list of people who help out here in the "Where is/How to?" Forum, then you will ask to be withdrawn? That is one of the worst attitudes I have seen in a long time. SCD, surely you are kidding...

and that goes for Recon, FIGMENT, MPA, Leeboy and every other member thats there and all the mods.

Man, you really missed the point of this list SCD. It is about rewarding people who help out in this forum. That's it. So what if they are on the other two lists? That surely doesn't disqualify them from being on our list. I think it would make perfect sense to include some of the people in the other lists.

Their good guys sure, but we just cant get them voted in because we need a points boost, thats a fucking terrible way to do business, wheres the hard work, and sheer delight when we finally do something worth while ?

Yes, we are not voting people in just because they have high stats. They earn our votes. They post helpful information and contribute to the forum, making it a better place.

Have you asked yourself lately "What if we all weren't here?"

This Forum would go to shit. Nobody would get any questions answered in a timely manner, and those who do have questions but lack patience would try posting them in other (wrong) forums and would get flamed and hate NG. We are basically doing NG a service. Call it a volunteer force. We help people and we get the satisfaction of knowing that they will continue to frequent this site, making it a better place.

You may or may not realize the importance of our "job" here. It helps the the other users of the site, including the admins and mods by them not being bombarded with silly questions that arise from time to time. Questions are a good thing, and people have a lot of 'em, so they will be asked. I feel more satisfaction in helping someone out, rather than just chatting with other people about nonsense. That's why my home is here, and not General.

So, these lists are a "Tribute" to all those who help out. The "Versus" aspect makes it more fun.

Telling me that you would rather not see a user added to the list that does more in this forum than ANYONE else baffles me. </D0GMA reference>

Meh.

Seriously, shoot me an e-mail telling me how you feel...Let's get this cleared up before the results are in.

At 10/28/04 06:50 PM, BonusStage wrote: i tried to vote for those i found most serving, in other words, those that post a lot in this forum, and when they do it is always (well almost always ;) helpful, again not for point gain

That is the core of the Regulars List. Thank you Bonus.

and to be quite honest i voted for 3 of those people, but that is only because of the respect i have for them, and the fine posts that they bring to this forum, nothing more, nothing less

I, too, agree. I have a huge respect for the people that I chose. I chose those people because they are fun, and have entertaining posts. They aren't self-centered, and that is what I love. That is also why I chose you, SCD, to be on the list in the first place.

Meh.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-29 07:15:37

Fuck it here goes then. I have nothing against D0GMA or anyone else on this board, so please stop posting like i intentionally posted his/her/its name as slander or anything.

I dunno maybe im taking the versus part too far, i always thought this list was intentionally for the users that didnt get recognised enough to be a Wi/Ht forum meber or a moderator, meh, thats just my thought. So in my opinion including the likes of Gfox, JonThompson, D0GMA (theres that name again), Qwoxyl and many more would discredit the name of the game.

That was a very nice long rant you posted there Red, but dont you think i dont know that already ? Fuck it, you do what you like, it is after all your list, i will respect your opinions and everyone elses as i always have. But i think i will stick by my guns.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-29 07:43:45

omg....
no, i would never vote on someone jsut because they had high stats.
i only voted on the people who i see most of in the Wi Ht forums, nothing else.
theres only 75 points diff between me and SCD!! this is gunna be close i tell ya!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-29 15:11:04

At 10/29/04 09:35 AM, BonusStage wrote:
HAAH entertaining am i, glad to hear it ^_^, and well when SCD is drunk he is just loads of fun ;D

Hmm assuming im drunk when its quite apparent i wasnt is a bad thing to do. Just because i spoke of something that people dont like doesnt mean im drunk or high, im kinda offended by that infact.

Its not my choice anyway, its Reds, and i will totally respect his opinion.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-29 15:20:04

At 10/29/04 03:11 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Hmm assuming im drunk when its quite apparent i wasnt is a bad thing to do. Just because i spoke of something that people dont like doesnt mean im drunk or high, im kinda offended by that infact.

Christ, you're a miserable sod. Lighten up!

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-29 15:24:26

At 10/29/04 03:20 PM, Denvish wrote:
Christ, you're a miserable sod. Lighten up!

Shut up will you. Who invited you into this little discussion, do you have your gold plated invite with diamond encrusted vaginas on the sides ? I didnt think so, so please leave me be, i will be drunk and in a cheery mood in about 20 minutes.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 07:40:33

REGULARS UPDATE

Well, there was a 3-way tie at 8 votes each, and the rule states that the winner of a tie goes to the one with the oldest sign-up date.

So, without furthur ado.... The Newest Regular. November's winner:

D0GMA the newest "Regular." Now go give her a BIG HUG!!!!

Congrats D0GMA ^_^

The list will be up on Tuesday for all who care :-D

Regulars. Thanks for voting this month. The December election will kick off on November 20th, so I'll be expecting to get EVERYONE's votes then. ^_^

Have an awesome day!

-RC

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 07:53:14

At 10/31/04 07:40 AM, RedCircle wrote: REGULARS UPDATE

Congrats Chris. Got a feeling that some ain't gonna be happy, but it seems like a fair choice to me. You're here a lot more regularly than some of the other supposed 'regulars'.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 08:25:45

At 10/31/04 07:53 AM, Denvish wrote:
Congrats Chris. Got a feeling that some ain't gonna be happy, but it seems like a fair choice to me.

Now why would you go and say something like that? What ever gave you that impression ?

You're here a lot more regularly than some of the other supposed 'regulars'.

Names please?

Grats D0GMA, i didnt vote for you, i voted for peopple who werent already on the lists, and im assuming since the voting is done i can say. I voted for ramagi, Denvish and a few others.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 08:26:10

Well, there was a 3-way tie at 8 votes each, and the rule states that the winner of a tie goes to the one with the oldest sign-up date.

So, without furthur ado.... The Newest Regular. November's winner:

*cough* her?

Congrats D0GMA ^_^

Thanks much =)

I'm not going to waste time multiquoting; I'll just cut to the quick of this debate. SCD's point is valid, particularly if the presumption is made that this is some kind of contest. The first couple of postings obviously were, but, to my mind, it's appeared to have changed into mini-lists. I've rarely viewed it in the Vs. context of its original design, more looking to see how I'm ddoing on the B list.

Given that three people are both on the A and the B lists (Dobio, gfox, and jon), I don't really see an issue in someone being on both B and C. I respect SCD's thought process on it and his willingness to take a stand. The language you use to present your arguments needs some work though ;) I'm sure my name came up in his posts simply due to his being aware of how some other voter(s) were casting their ballot(s), as I see no attacks in his statements ... so the rest of you stop defending me.

I understood that people would like this list when it started, so I gave Mike some advice when he was first tweaking it into shape. That being said, this list is like the Reviewers and Posters lists to me. I know people want them, they just never really piqued my interest. It's obvious that SCD cares about this list, while I'm more neutral on it. If SCD is sticking to his "it or me" stance, I say keep him on the list and leave me on just the B list. If the rest of you who voted are going to take a stand against someone (be it SCD, or any of the rest of you) going hardline like this, IMO you're better served waiting until it's over someone who really wants to be on the C list.

Cheers =)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 08:47:35

At 10/6/04 04:21 AM, RedCircle wrote: So with that in mind. This new list shows the current users who actively participate in this forum daily.

Emphasis on 'daily'

At 10/8/04 07:17 PM, RedCircle wrote: Take Qwoxyl for example. He posts here everyday. He is an excellent candidate for the list. He shows us that he is here and helping out all the time. Those people are the ones I want on the list. Not "every other month" users, not "Only on Saturdays" users.

Again, emphasis on 'everyday'

At 10/31/04 08:25 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Now why would you go and say something like that? What ever gave you that impression ?

Um it was just a guess :)

You're here a lot more regularly than some of the other supposed 'regulars'.
Names please?

OK, if you insist...
Shpouiten - definitely not in every day
Pure_LionHeart - Understood, he's currently AWOL. Which kinda makes it impossible for him to be a regular
Baron_Von_Bad_Guy - pops in and makes 1 or 2 posts, usually in the LUL, every 3rd day or so. Posts plenty in other places, so he is around - just not much in Wi/Ht.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these guys have made more than their fair share of contributions to Wi/Ht in the past, and probably will again in the future: but this list, according to RC, is about the CURRENT regulars. Personally, I think it should be updated more often. It seems that it should be more like (for example) the Front Page (stupid analogy alert), where irregular users are dropped, but are re-instated once they start posting regularly again. I know that's not what RC intends to do, because he's already stated that no-one is likely to be dropped... but that to me seems to defeat the whole object of List C; it just makes it like another Wi/Ht members list, with a certain % of inactive members.

im assuming since the voting is done i can say. I voted for ramagi, Denvish and a few others.

Thanks for voting for me, I'm surprised you did seeing as I haven't been back that long. My questioning of lists B & C has nothing to do with any desire to be on either; it's not as if I'd gain anything, is it? Apart from my name on another list, that is...

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 08:56:49

Fuck D0GMA, you have put me in a right pickle here. You know i wasnt attacking you and im grateful, because it would have been the same had any of the other high powered users on both lists being accepted onto list C. Its just as you said, i always thought of this like a competition, its not like the members on both lists had an option of not being there.

Sure i may have slight reservation on you being on list C, but in no way am i going to allow you being taken off it, even if i did have a choice, its not fucking fair, and i liked the way you turned this into a sort of sympathy vote for you :P

I dunno if im gonna hold to my agreement yet, i have till monday night to decide, so, meh...

Well done on getting there, i just wanted some sort of uniform i guess to the lists. Now it doesnt really look like a competition to me now, just one more thing im on, which is sad, because it wont help me better myself.

And that remark about me applying myself to more of a proper people person (im assuming thats what you meant), your not the first to say it, and probably wont be the last, but i have to tell you what i told them. I wont change, if i want to express myself through sheer emotion, be it anger, disgust, sadness or overwhelming joy, i will do it, its just me, i cant and wont change, but i see your point. Youve lasted with me for a while now, but i guess your getting pissed off like everyone else, meh. You have your ways, i have mine. Personally i think mine are better, its always better to say what you think no ?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 10:56:56

At 10/31/04 07:40 AM, RedCircle wrote: D0GMA the newest "Regular." Now go give her a BIG HUG!!!!

Her? O_O
Oh well. I'm glad he/she/whatever got in this time, since I personally feel that D0GMA deserved the spot last month instead of me. I'm not complaining, though. Congrats D0GMA!

At 10/31/04 08:26 AM, D0GMA wrote: *cough* her?

Yeah, that's what you get when you don't put your gender in your profile.

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 18:01:05

At 10/31/04 10:56 AM, -Mazza- wrote: Her? O_O
Oh well. I'm glad he/she/whatever got in this time, since I personally feel that D0GMA deserved the spot last month instead of me. I'm not complaining, though. Congrats D0GMA!

At 10/31/04 08:26 AM, D0GMA wrote: *cough* her?
Yeah, that's what you get when you don't put your gender in your profile.

lol, trust me, there have been a great many conversations and uproars on this topic... lol.
------
well dont to D0GMA, welcome to our list.
and yeh, a lot of the potentials werent very active, and i voted for the 5 people i saw around the most.
so RC, im expecting an update soon!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 18:47:16

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods whats this all about?

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 18:59:19

At 10/31/04 08:56 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: i liked the way you turned this into a sort of sympathy vote for you :P

:-P~~~ back at you. There was no intent to get a "sympathy vote." I don't look in this thread very often, and just tried to find a nice way to put what I was thinking.

I dunno if im gonna hold to my agreement yet, i have till monday night to decide, so, meh...

Well done on getting there, i just wanted some sort of uniform i guess to the lists. Now it doesnt really look like a competition to me now, just one more thing im on, which is sad, because it wont help me better myself.

~shrug~ no "accomplishments," be it on the net or IRL, make you any better or worse. What you learn and apply from them are what matters.

And that remark about me applying myself to more of a proper people person (im assuming thats what you meant), your not the first to say it, and probably wont be the last, but i have to tell you what i told them. I wont change, if i want to express myself through sheer emotion, be it anger, disgust, sadness or overwhelming joy, i will do it, its just me, i cant and wont change, but i see your point. Youve lasted with me for a while now, but i guess your getting pissed off like everyone else, meh. You have your ways, i have mine. Personally i think mine are better, its always better to say what you think no ?

No, I'm not getting pissed, nor was I saying you need to be a "people person" or anything of that ilk. I'm the last person to preach that lol All I was saying is that you need to work on how you express yourself. Saying what you think is a good thing, but thinking about what you say, how you say it, and how people will react to the way you say it is better.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 19:01:12

At 10/31/04 06:47 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods whats this all about?

oh man i thought you would know! haha.
well, there are a few lists in this place (gona be updated today, i would think)....
i believe there are 3.
first list: Mods - all of the stats of the mods, like the penta list.
2nd list: Wi/Ht members (i think). same as above, all of their stats, with a total.
3rd list: the 'regulars' list... same thing, except users like me, RedCricle, Slightly_Crazy_Dude, etc etc are on it. those people get elected by the other regulars, once a month.
the newest regular is D0GMA.
does that answer your question?
oh... no it wouldnt...
the POINT of this is to compare the stats of these 3 groups of people... just because mods suck n all, ya know?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 19:06:31

At 10/31/04 07:01 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:just because mods suck n all, ya know?

Yes i know except GFOX he is like not one of the sucky ones, haha, well i guess ill keep up with this topic then...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-10-31 19:10:12

At 10/31/04 07:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: At 10/31/04 07:01 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:just because mods suck n all, ya know?

Yes i know except GFOX he is like not one of the sucky ones,

yeh true, he r0xx0rz everyone's b0xx0rz, haha.

haha, well i guess ill keep up with this topic then...

~X~

<story telling voice> and, with the great word of approval of the great 'X', the thread went on posting in peace forever.
The. End.
</story telling voice>

tee, hee, hee.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-11-01 01:59:33

So, in light of all the above discussion, would you all like the C list to be people who are regulars, but not in List B?

That way, we can acknowledge those who aren't formally Wi/Ht Members yet.

I think it is about time to ask you all.

Sorry for the headaches I may have caused everyone :(

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-11-01 02:05:31

At 11/1/04 01:59 AM, RedCircle wrote: So, in light of all the above discussion, would you all like the C list to be people who are regulars, but not in List B?

depends on how many people are in both...
if theres like 5 people who are in both, only put them in one...
but if its like 10 members, dont fuck things up.

eh... but our numbers will rapidly decline!

*nods*

*looks around dumbly* you havent caused me any! because i dont know whats been going on as of late! hahahah.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-11-01 02:12:36

At 11/1/04 02:05 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 11/1/04 01:59 AM, RedCircle wrote: So, in light of all the above discussion, would you all like the C list to be people who are regulars, but not in List B?
depends on how many people are in both...
if theres like 5 people who are in both, only put them in one...
but if its like 10 members, dont fuck things up.

I don't have any control as to who gets in List B.

eh... but our numbers will rapidly decline!

That will be the fun. See how we can rival those in other lists.

*nods*

Is your *nod* implying that you want List C to only include non-Wi/Ht Members?

*looks around dumbly* you havent caused me any! because i dont know whats been going on as of late! hahahah.

Yeah, but my friend SCD has been dissapointed and that saddens me.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2004-11-01 02:34:03

Yes

I think it would be best to keep it as mods VS. Wi/Ht members VS. regulars. It makes for better competition, which is what lists are all about really (competition sparks motivation which sparks better competition which.... you see where I'm going with this) and competition is fun.
As for those who are on A and B, they didn't really have any say in the matter when admin modded them.

Just my opinion, which you asked for.