00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Donotomato just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

299,006 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 00:31:46

At 1/26/05 06:59 AM, -Minothor- wrote:
Yeah, my white dwarf collection I no longer bother counting the number of issues, I do it by weight! lol, it's now 20 kg!!!

Which country's version? I only buy WD if there is good articles inside.

What about the PS2's Fire warrior, or the PC's Dawn Of War? they are both good but it eliminates certain questions such as how does a bolter fire, or what is the colour of the laser that a las gun fires. Well it sure beats Space Hulk

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 06:12:16

At 1/27/05 12:31 AM, RasberryCoke wrote:
Which country's version? I only buy WD if there is good articles inside.

Yeah, i hate it now with all the lord of thie rings stuff in it, it has completely taken over WD.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 06:37:53

At 1/27/05 12:31 AM, RasberryCoke wrote: Which country's version? I only buy WD if there is good articles inside.

The UK version, I tried the french version and hated it, they were just translated old UK ones, I was able to find UK articls in the french one dating back several months in the british one!

:...questions such as how does a bolter fire,

Thats actually in the rule book too, (i only have edition 3) it explains the way in which they work and the different kinds of shell it can use.
There's a silent one!!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 06:40:46

At 1/27/05 06:12 AM, JTOmega wrote: Yeah, i hate it now with all the lord of thie rings stuff in it, it has completely taken over WD.

I agree about it taking over valuable pages, but it does have some really usefull articles from the Lord of the Rings section! because the film is so detailed and the landscapes are fantastically rendered, in trying to keep up with the film's quality, the staff have managed to turn out some amazing scenery tutorials based on scenes from the film.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 07:09:06

The Australian version had quite a few pages based around the LOTR game but it didnt seem all that interesting.

I new to this forum. I have a 2000 point ork army and a Cadian army thats around 1700pts. *waits for all the anti guardsmen people to speak up* lol.

Slam the orks all u want. they were the first army i collected and thats only because my friend and i brought the big box with the space marines and orks in it when we first started playing.

Inreply to that post about the PS game Firewarrior. It wasnt bad to begin with but after a while it just got boring. Anyone here played Dawn of War? Is it worth buying?

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 07:13:09

I play the game, read the stories, paint and covert and I love it all! but I rearly(sp?)get to game it makes me sad:( and lonely, I need more gameing budies.

You and me both. Havent tried my Cadians on the field yet. Although i have a challenge agaisnt a guy with tyranids in a few days. First game in like 18months.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-27 17:31:54

At 1/27/05 07:09 AM, LuXun wrote: The Australian version had quite a few pages based around the LOTR game but it didnt seem all that interesting.

I new to this forum. I have a 2000 point ork army and a Cadian army thats around 1700pts. *waits for all the anti guardsmen people to speak up* lol.

Slam the orks all u want. they were the first army i collected and thats only because my friend and i brought the big box with the space marines and orks in it when we first started playing.

Inreply to that post about the PS game Firewarrior. It wasnt bad to begin with but after a while it just got boring. Anyone here played Dawn of War? Is it worth buying?

Dawn of War is your typical RTS game but its different in its own ways. Each army has different strategies and upgrades and special units like the eldar Avatar and the Bloodthirster of Khorne. Its also got a good story to it as well.

okay games day in Atlanta is on march 19th i know im going anyone else? Im gonna enter the costume contest as a Deathworld Veteran. so far ive got webgear and other small tidbits but im currently making a Devil's Claw sword but if anyone can help me out i need a refrence picture to base my measurements off of. Im also making a bolt pistol out of wood which will come out nicely.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-29 03:49:58

At 1/27/05 06:37 AM, -Minothor- wrote:
There's a silent one!!!

Did you say Death Watch?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-29 04:51:19

What are the rules for the death watch?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-29 07:22:01

At 1/29/05 04:51 AM, Jonowales wrote: What are the rules for the death watch?

Try reading Chapter Approved 2003, as it features the rules for a Death Watch team with specific ammo types and heavy bolter upgrades.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-29 12:16:56

At 1/29/05 03:49 AM, RasberryCoke wrote:
There's a silent one!!!
Did you say Death Watch?

no, theres apparently a gas-propelled bolter shell that fire silently, for sniper situations and such, but i've never found rules for using them!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-29 12:22:32

At 1/29/05 12:16 PM, -Minothor- wrote: no, theres apparently a gas-propelled bolter shell that fire silently, for sniper situations and such, but i've never found rules for using them!

I'll scan the page, for those who have edition 3, its on page 60 just under the cut-away view of the storm bolter.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-29 16:04:18

At 1/29/05 12:16 PM, -Minothor- wrote:
At 1/29/05 03:49 AM, RasberryCoke wrote:
There's a silent one!!!
Did you say Death Watch?
no, theres apparently a gas-propelled bolter shell that fire silently, for sniper situations and such, but i've never found rules for using them!

The silent shells were used for scenarios featuring infiltrators if not mistaken, thus not raising the attention of the sentries.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 03:39:09

The silent shells were used for scenarios featuring infiltrators if not mistaken, thus not raising the attention of the sentries.

that sounds familar but it has been awhile since i last read about them.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 05:54:22

At 1/29/05 04:04 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: The silent shells were used for scenarios featuring infiltrators if not mistaken, thus not raising the attention of the sentries.

It doesn't say, but to quote the book:
Stalker Slienced Shell
Propellent base and main charge replaced by gas cartridges, detonator cap replaced by solidified mercury slug.

others on the page include the Kraken Penetrator round, the Metal Storm Frag Shell, the Standard Bolt, Hellfire Round and my favourite, the Inferno Bolt (Oxy-phosphur gel core. i.e. Burns the f***ers!)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 07:06:08

WAAAAAGH!

Orks rock! (At least mine do anyway)
Then again so so my Emperor's Children.
...And my space marines...

and so does selling painted models on Ebay (mmm... profit)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 07:09:58

At 1/25/05 09:34 AM, March_Hare wrote: who here actually plays the game, and who just collects and does the hobby side of it? i love the fantasy side, the stories and all that, and the models are really nice, and fun to paint and make and convert and shit, but the game is do dull!

I do everything basically. I paint, I read some of the background stories and play the game. Actually think my favorite part of it is playing the game. Painting can be fun too, but it can also be not so fun sometimes:P I don't play to have a reason to paint, I paint so that I can play.

I love charging my Blood claws right into the heart of the enemy and shoot the enemys of the Emperor to pieces with my Venereble dreadnaught:)

I'm sure someone must have already asked this but: what armies have you got? I'm curious as I've never posted in this club before. I've got a Space wolf army (which you might have already guessed;) and I'm also working on a Imperial Guard army.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 17:07:54

Im thingking of geting a few of the warhammer 40k minatures sometime this year and when i do i might join this crew.I do agry with you guys that there should be some more Warhammer 40k flash movies in the portal.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 19:26:34

hello fellow denziens of the warp ive had the strangest dream last night. i dreamt i had wings like Sanguinius and i could flap them and everything. i didnt fly though........but the wings were an arm and a halfs length horizontally and an arms length vertically. it was kinda neat. ive found a pic of him but the wings are too big he would collapse under the strain

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-30 22:36:03

At 1/30/05 07:26 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote: ive found a pic of him but the wings are too big he would collapse under the strain

Technically a human would need bigger wings than that to fly anyway. And since Sanguinus was a primach, the guy must've been like 8 feet tall. He'd have plenty strength to fly wings those size.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-31 18:16:54

At 1/30/05 10:36 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Technically a human would need bigger wings than that to fly anyway. And since Sanguinus was a primach, the guy must've been like 8 feet tall. He'd have plenty strength to fly wings those size.

and the primarchs were made with the ultimate gene technology so their muscles were far stronger than a human's anyway.
Cool pic though.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-01-31 19:21:29

At 1/29/05 03:49 AM, RasberryCoke wrote: Did you say Death Watch?

:At 1/29/05 12:16 PM, -Minothor- wrote:

I am sure that is one of the bolter upgrades featured in Death Watch.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-02 06:51:26

I will most likely be strung up on a lantern post with a sign that says "I am a traitor" for posting this but, directly form the pages of Chapter Approved 2003, the rules for Death Watch.

- Heavy bolters become assault 3 instead of heavy 3 when outfitted with suspensor units.

- Hellfire rounds can only be fired by heavy bolters. They are Str. 5 AP 4 heavy 1 rounds that always wound ona 2+
- Stalker shells turn the bolter into a sniper weapon with Heavy 2 proportions. as it causes pinning.
- Metal storm bolts are the same as shotguns
- Inferno bolts allow you to re-roll failed wounds
- Kraken bolts are Str. 4 AP 4

And there you have it, parts of the Death Watch laid bare, for the rest, I higly suggest you pick up a copy of CA 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-02 13:34:30

yea i suppose.......... yknow i wonder if anyone has gone to gamesday as Sanguinius........... it would be a simple costume just red and black robes with cardboard/paper machae wings with feathers glued on.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-02 15:26:10

At 2/2/05 01:34 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote: yea i suppose.......... yknow i wonder if anyone has gone to gamesday as Sanguinius

I would if:
1, i could find/make artificer armour
2, I could find/make the blade encarmine
3, I could find/make the inferno pistol
4, My hair was still long as long as that!!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-02 15:32:56

To quote a message I remember on this thread, that introduced me to Turn Signals on a Landraider...
I just found this little gem: Exterminatus Now
It bridges my love of the Sonic series with Warhammer 40,000! I couldn't have asked for more!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-03 00:08:45

Chapter approved rules 2003?

Does the rules still apply in the new edition of warhammer 40k 4th,ed?

In which case also the new space marine codex has been released and on the rules for

Space wolves
Blood Angels
Black Templars
Dark angels

are on the official GW website, no mention of Death watch or Salamanders (Not happy, since unsure weather I can use the index astartes or armageddon rules for salamanders because the rules presented for salamanders in the make your own chapter traits section of the new codex suck)

Salamanders - New Codex

Advantages:
Plasma Pistol now avaliable in Assault squad/ AS Cheaper
minus one initiative now blammed
Lascannons/plasma cannons can now be purchased in tactical squad
Terminator assault squad may now be taken

Disadvantages:
All on own test are now taken when squad is reduced to one
Extra turn only happens on roll of 4+ and if declined opponent can decide to have an extra turn on a 4+
Xavier not mentioned
Attack bike with multimelta no longer cheaper
terminator sargent may no longer be able to keep his power fist
thunder hammers may not be taken in normal terminator squad
No fury of the salamander psychic power
More somewhere ( can't remember now.)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-03 00:11:59

At 2/3/05 12:08 AM, RasberryCoke wrote:
More somewhere ( can't remember now.)

terminators dearer 37pts to 40 pts
Does ceramite armor still exist?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-03 13:54:44

Chaplain Xavier is dead, so no longer mentioned. Captain Tycho is dead and will be removed from the new BA codex. Captain Cortez was one butt ugly mini and was terminated for his distasteful pose.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-03 18:01:51

I would if:
1, i could find/make artificer armour
2, I could find/make the blade encarmine
3, I could find/make the inferno pistol
4, My hair was still long as long as that!!!

To make a cheap and practical lasgun, buy a great big tipmann 98. paintball gun, add a flatline barrell and stock, buy a imperial aquila symbol badge, lop off the pointy butto bits, glue to side of paintball gun, buy laser pointer, and add to paintball gun. Now take you brand new lasgun paintballing in the dark, remembering to press the laser every time you fire!

Hmmm... maybe not so practical or cheap. oh well, back to my cupboard then...