00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ELI-DEADGUY just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,998 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 16:05:50

Guten tag, Dieziens of the Holy Imperium. Last night was Veterans night. Last night I kicked Eldar ass. Last night I took out a whole damn Guardian squad with a single grenade launcher from my Imperial Guard. =D They was all closely bunched together, and the survivors killed in a cross fire with my Necron allies. MWAHAHAHA!

As an aside, I should have expected such a thing to have happened. It specifically says in the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer "They are smooth in their movements, but theirbodies are brittle and easily broken."

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 16:10:47

Does anyone here play Dark Angels? I used to play as the Dark Angels back when I was playing I haven't played in years becuz it cost lots of money to be playing that game. but I think I might get back into it when I get a good flow of money. hope there hasn't been alot of chages in the game since I left.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 16:22:06

At 2/9/05 04:10 PM, Dark_Raven_LF wrote: Does anyone here play Dark Angels?

-Hand waves.-

Changes are:
We get PLASMA CANNONS IN OUR SQUADS!!!11
Librarians get to use some more funky psychic powers rather than being stuck with weakened resolve
The rules for Intractable have changed. We no longer have to not move, instead we can now fire while pinned, but not move.
Deathwing terminators are a few points cheaper.
It's now legalised to have a Ravenwing Master instead of the special chaarcter leading a force.
Deathwing armies can have Masters accompanied by proper terminator command squads.
You can have Landspeeder variants now in non-ravenwing style, since the 6th and 7th own some of these, but forsake the 6+ invulnerable save (Company amry colours must be used!) Cheaper, Codex points bikes and attack bikes and scout bikes can be used, again no jinx saves (5th company colours please!) And some other stuff I cannatbebothered to reffer to. All in all, we aren't so restricted in fast attack choices, since we ARE mostly codex, we have the annoyingly high points costs of some units cut down a bit, and we get to be the sole chapter to have PLASMA CANNONS IN TACTICAL SQUADS!! Whoohoo!

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 17:10:21

sounds like they got even more kick ass since I played.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 17:17:04

I can't decide on my next army: Dark Eldar or Space Marines (not space wolves or any special chapter) any ideas?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 20:51:35

At 2/9/05 03:56 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
At 2/9/05 03:20 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote: if in your profile it says your from "Kasr Tyrok, Cadia"

if you believe him ^^^
I never knew that people believed me!

you KNOW there is some 11 year old whose naive mind will be shattered when they find out cadia doesnt exist

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 23:52:35

At 2/9/05 04:10 PM, Dark_Raven_LF wrote: Does anyone here play Dark Angels? I used to play as the Dark Angels back when I was playing I haven't played in years becuz it cost lots of money to be playing that game. but I think I might get back into it when I get a good flow of money. hope there hasn't been alot of chages in the game since I left.

Changes to Warhammer 3rd edition's Dark angel second editon codex(one avaliable to buy now) to be used in warhammer 4th edition can be found on the Games Workshop's official web site. ( Not happy as there is no referance to salamanders) - same goes for

- Black Templars
- Blood Angels
- Space Wolves

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-09 23:57:09

At 2/6/05 03:15 PM, Enigmatic_Fury wrote: I heard they are making a warhammer 4k online game.
Brooke, you got any dirt on this rumor?

Well I have heard rumors from friends that they may be making another version of Dawn of War. (If only they can add more than just 4 armies this time, how about all of them and also add to the armies special chapter/legion/caste/cult/clan/craft/swarm rules)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-10 09:49:53

does anyone here know the tau alphabet?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-10 12:43:23

At 2/10/05 09:49 AM, 6ticks wrote: does anyone here know the tau alphabet?

Try this link here. It is the official Tau font created by GW.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-10 14:27:40

At 2/10/05 12:43 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

thanks for the help but i cant download anything on this computer.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-10 17:36:33

At 2/10/05 12:43 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
At 2/10/05 09:49 AM, 6ticks wrote: does anyone here know the tau alphabet?

where can i get the gothic font and the symbols like the Aquila Eagle and the Ultramarine horseshoe?

and how do you put the font into Microsoft Word so i could type a paper in tau font if i wanted to?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-10 18:30:48

Should i make a dark eldar army or space marines army? oh and could i join this crew??? i love 40k!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-11 05:43:12

At 2/10/05 05:36 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote: where can i get the gothic font and the symbols like the Aquila Eagle and the Ultramarine horseshoe?

and how do you put the font into Microsoft Word so i could type a paper in tau font if i wanted to?

Try using Google and search for "Imperial Font" otherwise, I could mail them to you.

You need to copy the font files the FONT folder found in the Windows directory, then restart your text processor and they should be selectable.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-11 06:41:35

At 2/10/05 06:30 PM, Teh_Fury wrote: Should i make a dark eldar army or space marines army? oh and could i join this crew??? i love 40k!

Mate I cant welcome you as i am not the leader ( Brookman will probaly let you any way)

But:

Collect a space marine army, since I have never heard of a dark eldar army winning.

My suggestions for sm chapter for begginers ( sorry if this is a mistake)

Ultramarines or dark angels both are cool armies and easy to collect

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-11 08:52:44

At 2/10/05 05:36 PM, trigger_happy07 wrote: where can i get the gothic font and the symbols like the Aquila Eagle and the Ultramarine horseshoe?

I have several including marine, imperial, eldar and chaos symbols, i can zip 'em and gmail them to you if you want

put them in C:\WINDOWS\FONTS and open them once to install them.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-11 15:48:12

At 2/11/05 08:52 AM, -Minothor- wrote:
I have several including marine, imperial, eldar and chaos symbols, i can zip 'em and gmail them to you if you want

you mean Email them right? send them to klehto@nc.rr.com

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-11 19:11:19

At 2/11/05 06:41 AM, RasberryCoke wrote:
At 2/10/05 06:30 PM, Teh_Fury wrote: Should i make a dark eldar army or space marines army? oh and could i join this crew??? i love 40k!
Mate I cant welcome you as i am not the leader ( Brookman will probaly let you any way)

As I understand it, this is an open club.

But:

Collect a space marine army, since I have never heard of a dark eldar army winning.

Dark Eldar can win, they just require more tactical thinking than a Space Marine army. A Space Marine player will usually have his models move as little as possible so they can shoot to their best effect. That doesn't work with Dark Eldar (hereafter referred to as Darkies, because I'm lazy). The Darkies need to be constantly running around behind the cover of the terrain. A Darky player should never initiate an attack unless the opponent is a lone squad by itself and he has far more squads around it. I have an old WD which has an article about tactics Darkies should use against each other race (it's from when they were new), but I'll just summarize it: Lots of Splinter Cannons, Always take an Incubus squad to protect the Archon (or whatever the leader guy is called), and take two transports, because the enemy will be concentrating fire on one of them. "But Wonko," you say "What if the enemy sits still? How can you pick on lone squads then?" Simple my good Darky player, you simply take the three quadrants your enemy doesn't. Let him sit there, he'll lose in victory points in the end. If you're super sneaksome, you could manage to steal all 4 quadrants.

My suggestions for sm chapter for begginers ( sorry if this is a mistake)

Ultramarines or dark angels both are cool armies and easy to collect

Ultramarines are easy, yes, but boring. Dark Angels suck, Space Wolves kick their ass. Venerable Dreadnaughts, Long Fangs, Grey Wolves, Blood Claws, and Ragnar Blackmane kick anythings ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-12 02:50:35

At 2/11/05 07:11 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Ultramarines are easy, yes, but boring. Dark Angels suck, Space Wolves kick their ass. Venerable Dreadnaughts, Long Fangs, Grey Wolves, Blood Claws, and Ragnar Blackmane kick anythings ass.

Year, but space wolves are not an army for begginers...

plus

your long fangs squad always costs too many points.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-12 11:14:56

when does the new sprue for the space marines come out?
i need more basic marines but i want them with the sprue.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-12 11:42:48

At 2/12/05 02:50 AM, RasberryCoke wrote: Year, but space wolves are not an army for begginers...

They were my begginer army.

plus

Because they kick so much ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-12 12:16:42

is 115pts for a space marine commander too much?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-12 23:47:11

At 2/12/05 12:16 PM, 6ticks wrote: is 115pts for a space marine commander too much?

well depends. i wouldnt spend more than maybe 90-100 points on my commander

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-12 23:58:25

RasberryCoke wrote:
Year, but space wolves are not an army for begginers...
Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
They were my begginer army.

Well that does show you are smart, but do you think that every begginner is?

RasberryCoke wrote
plus

Wonko-the-Sane wrote
Because they kick so much ass.

True, but so does a normal Devestator squad and they still kick arse and they dont cost so many points
")hope i got this correct"

well your sergeant has to be a long thangs veteran (38Pts)
-Gets split fire rule
-+1 Attack in assault
-+1 Ld

each of your squad members has to be a veteran (18pts)
-+1 Ld (in most cases covered by sergeant anyway)

basic cost for 5 models (no upgrades) 110pts
Basic cost for spacemarine devestators 75pts

Space marine devestators are good for standart tornament mission Dawn Assault or Cleanse or Nightfight as there is no need to purchase heavy weapons and are the first to be set up (Push enemys deplyment zone back as no enemy troops can set up within 18" of an your model

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-13 00:02:07

At 2/12/05 12:16 PM, 6ticks wrote: is 115pts for a space marine commander too much?

Force commander?
Wargear you giving him?
What type of army ie Assault, tank, heavy weapon?
how many points you taking?
Do you know what army you are fighting?

If your army is facing armies using st 8 assault troops watch out for your commander

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-13 12:57:14

At 2/12/05 11:58 PM, RasberryCoke wrote: Well that does show you are smart, but do you think that every begginner is?

If they aren't, I'll kick it into them. I tend to not like people less intelligent then myself.

well your sergeant has to be a long thangs veteran (38Pts)
-Gets split fire rule
-+1 Attack in assault
-+1 Ld

Right there. Thats why they kick ass.

each of your squad members has to be a veteran (18pts)
-+1 Ld (in most cases covered by sergeant anyway)

Because the Space Wolves have a different set up than other chapters. The new Wolves become Blood Claws (assault troops), after the prove themselves in battle they can become a Gray Wolf after a few years. To become a Gray Wolf sargeant they need to head out into the wilderness of Asaheim (the main continent of Fenris) and kill a gray wolf. After years spent as a gray wolf, they can eventually become Long Fangs (veterans, become a sargeant by killing a Fenrisian Wolf, which about the size of a horse) at which point their desire to rush into combat has dulled (Blood Claws desire it so much they ignore most everything else), so they get given heavy weapons. Space Wolf scouts are made of gray wolves who desire to be alone instead of in a pack.

Space marine devestators are good for standart tornament mission Dawn Assault or Cleanse or Nightfight as there is no need to purchase heavy weapons and are the first to be set up (Push enemys deplyment zone back as no enemy troops can set up within 18" of an your model

Very few troop types are useful in every set up. I wouldn't take a landraider into a nightfight battle inside a dense urban area, it's manueverability would be too compromised, and by the time it's lascannons could traget something, it'd be close enough for the terminators inside to assault.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-13 13:20:18

sorry i meant 130 - i forgot to mastercraft the plasma pistol - and hes a captain.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-13 13:28:12

At 2/13/05 12:02 AM, RasberryCoke wrote:
Force commander?
Wargear you giving him?
What type of army ie Assault, tank, heavy weapon?
how many points you taking?
Do you know what army you are fighting?

If your army is facing armies using st 8 assault troops watch out for your commander

captain
mastercrafted plama pistol. lightning claw, terminator honours.
my army is pretty assault orientated but its gonna end up pretty balanced.
my armies still growing, so far its only about 1000 pts but i still gotta buy a few more units, as well as some transports.
no specific army, actually they havent seen any action yet.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-14 15:08:18

i just got a command squad!
i need a plasma pistol for my vet sergeant though, so for now he has no right arm.
the squad box is really good for your bits box as well.

do you think that a veteran squad is worth its points cost?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-14 17:47:44

Im Here In His Name. The Emporor Protects!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew